Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL did anyone have a problem with knowing a candidates party affiliation
+ Reply to Thread

did anyone have a problem with knowing a candidates party affiliation

for all of the major candidates their party affiliation was clearly marked on the ballot but for the smaller local races candidates are not marked with a party affiliation and that i had search a bit more to find out party affiliation

Yeah...do your own research on local non-affiliated offices or judgeships. It's always been that way.

Yes it was like that here especially for home town office, city commissioners, mayor, school board. It bothered me because we had no way of knowing what direction the people running would take our town in. I did manage to talk to one woman running and I out right asked her if she was Democrat or Republican and she refused to tell me said it wasn't important. I told her it was important to me and to our town. She did not get my vote.
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Yup. Had to do my own digging....

I stopped early and got a sample ballot, came home and researched them before voting.

By law, politicians should be required to identify their political party on all correspondance, phone calls, emails, campaign literature and advertising or solicitations of any kind, ANY type whatsoever!

I also have found an ever increasing percentage of such material NOT REVEALING the political party of the political person making the “pitch”. I find it infuriating and deceptive. They Are the one’s contacting ME, for every hole in the wall public office, I should not have to waste my time researching their party affiliation! NO PARTY REVEALED?<Then it goes in the garbage UNREAD!
    How is it you really LOVE others whether friend, enemy, family or stranger, if you do not care or do something to find out if they are saved, going to heaven or hell and attempt to share the gospel of Jesus with them? We will account for how we stewarded the gospel of Jesus.

We had that with the Democrat for House Rep for the State being part of the "People over Party" party while really being a democrat. All her signs said "People over Party" making it look like a 3rd party.

A

yes I did and it sucks totally.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Yeah, and it took me two hours to do my mail in ballot. Had to look up a lot of them. Thank god people weren't waiting in line behind me. Our ballot was 2 pages long front and back.
    Guns, Grub, and God!

We have always received sample ballots in the mail a few weeks before the election. It gives plenty of time to research candidates. They almost always have campaign websites.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source – The Declaration of Independence

Our ballots showed party affiliation for every race with the exception of judges. I had to do research on them. Irritating !
    Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee gal View Post
    Our ballots showed party affiliation for every race with the exception of judges. I had to do research on them. Irritating !
    Yeah, the BALLOTS DID, but little of the campaign ads did. (for DEMOCRATS)
    How is it you really LOVE others whether friend, enemy, family or stranger, if you do not care or do something to find out if they are saved, going to heaven or hell and attempt to share the gospel of Jesus with them? We will account for how we stewarded the gospel of Jesus.

Yes, I noticed that as well at the lower end of the ballot. I will not knowingly vote for any democrat, so I will insist on finding out party affiliation.

I have to wonder if this is some of you guys' first time voting?

Local races and judgeships are nearly always unaffiliated - and have always been that way!

Do your own work - maybe even go so far as to seek out these candidates at meetings or talk to people in your community who are their associates. Don't rely on party labels to tell you how to vote.

Sample ballots for your precinct should be available online many weeks before the election.
    No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    I have to wonder if this is some of you guys' first time voting?

Local races and judgeships are nearly always unaffiliated - and have always been that way!

Do your own work - maybe even go so far as to seek out these candidates at meetings or talk to people in your community who are their associates. Don't rely on party labels to tell you how to vote.

Sample ballots for your precinct should be available online many weeks before the election.
    No excuses.
    yes i did the research which i said i did in the original post .mostly this had to do with the lower end of the ballot and these people are the ones that need a real look at as they are most likely entering politics for first time running for an office that not every one pays attention too.
    i brought it up because i wanted to make sure the people i vote for are in fact the ones i wanted to vote for and that i had too look much further into them

It's because those are non-party affiliated positions; I think they can't legally tell you. The thing is that party affiliation doesn't tell you much any more anyway. Some republicans can be as liberal as democrats so you need to do research for partisan candidates also; voting party line can be very dangerous.I looked at things like voting record, who endorsed them, and their Facebook pages.