Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG MORE FIRES
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MORE FIRES

MORE FIRES

Several fires burning inThousand Oaks and The Santa Rosa Valley with homes involved.

i am assuming this is in california?

do they know the causes of the fires?
    float like a butterfly...

Sorry. Yes Ca. same town as the shooting, No cause yet but it is burning along the 101 and tv said it may burn to the ocean. Driven by high wibds.

Arson again?

Terrorism?
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

A couple miles from the shooting. The highway is shut down 2 exits north of the nightclub.

My mom was driving home, avoiding the freeway closure, and some moron tossed a cigarette out of his car in front of him.

The Simi one has the potential to get “interesting” as there is a radioactive research lab right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    A couple miles from the shooting. The highway is shut down 2 exits north of the nightclub.

My mom was driving home, avoiding the freeway closure, and some moron tossed a cigarette out of his car in front of him.

The Simi one has the potential to get “interesting” as there is a radioactive research lab right there.
    Thanks for the posts.
    Please give updates, when you can.
    Thanks,
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

It's raging out if control. I'm looking at a huge fire line miles long already driven by 60 mph winds according to channel 4. There are 2 fires and it doesn't look good

I just heard 8 to 10,000 acres with mandatory evacuations.

My granddaughter is just 20 mins from there. Pray!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Arson again?

Terrorism?
    Once is happenstance,

Twice, coincidence;

Three times is enemy action...

(From the James Bond books)
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    i am assuming this is in california?

do they know the causes of the fires?
    Santa Rosa is where the big fire was last year. It nearly burned the whole town down. They still haven't recovered. Many aren't rebuilding their homes because of new code enforcement and many of the homeowners were under insured. It costs twice to 3 times to rebuilt than what they got out of insurance. This is why they tried to sue PG&E. The same will happen here as well. Many will leave - many have no where to go. Maybe is a good time to sell and get out of here. Those who don't want to rebuild, my home and others here for sale might sell fast. Sell and go where?
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Once is happenstance,

Twice, coincidence;

Three times is enemy action...

(From the James Bond books)
    Clearly you don't live in California. Most of it is a tinderbox in a wind tunnel, just waiting for a fool's cigarette butt or a spark from some machinery to roar to life, and multiple accidental (or stupidity caused) fires at the same time are common. Sure, a terrorist could exploit that...but honestly they seem to prefer lots of bodies. One death in a fire is too many (and unfortunately this fire looks to be especially devastating), but the deaths per acre are pretty low, I think, for a terrorist's pride. And of course there are sometimes arsonists, but under these conditions multiple fires happen all too easily even without malicious or evil intent.
    Last edited by bluelady; 11-08-2018 at 11:57 PM.

2 fires 8000, and 10,000 acres. Many homes going up in flames as I sit here watching live coverage.
    30,000 people evacuated. The entire Westlake Village. It's 3:20 in the morning. Who needs nightmares when you have reality.

They are saying now that Point Magu Naval Base is evacuated and LAPD is on tactical alert. Wind gusts up to 70 mph. Watching as they try to save a huge apt. complex.

Is this fire in Santa Rosa again?

No, it is burning along the 101 freeway about 40 miles from downtown Los Angeles.

This is a different Santa Rosa. This is a nice little rural valley tucked in by suburbia.

If the wind shifts west, the shooting will be a footnote. The Conejo Valley will soon have no access to either direction on the 101, the main highway. And 23, which heads up into Simi Valley is threatened and will likely close if the wind shifts west and endangers all the homes under evacuation order. Which will leave 3 roads with two lanes of travel in each direction for evacuation.

This is a royal shit sandwich, likely made worse from normalcy bias. I mean, who expects a mass shooting to be followed by this kind of fire?

If the 118 gets shut down headed east, the trouble will be even worse. Prayers would help.