Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INTL 'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling sues assistant for shopping spree
+ Reply to Thread

'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling sues assistant for shopping spree

'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling sues assistant for shopping spree
    Thomas Barrabi
    2 minutes

“Harry Potter” creator J.K. Rowling filed suit against a former assistant this week, alleging that Amanda Donaldson, 35, spent the equivalent $31,000 of the author’s money on various unauthorized personal expenses.

Donaldson is accused of running up expenses without permission on a business credit card and stealing “Harry Potter’ memorabilia worth several thousand dollars, the BBC reported. The former assistant is also accused of stealing roughly $10,000 in foreign currency from a safe.

Donaldson allegedly used the card to spend more than $2,100 at Starbucks, $4,700 on cosmetics, $1,900 at a candle store and $1,500 to buy a pair of cats. Rowling’s former assistant has denied the allegations.

"I can confirm JK Rowling has taken legal action against her former personal assistant, Amanda Donaldson, following her dismissal for gross misconduct involving a substantial breach of trust,” a spokeswoman for Rowling told the BBC. "As the case is not yet concluded we are not able to comment further and there won't be any comment from JK Rowling."
    More on this:

While Rowling’s actual net worth is unknown, the New York Times estimated the author was worth roughly $1.2 billion in 2016.

“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” the latest film entry in Rowling’s “Harry Potter” universe, hits theaters on Nov. 16.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...shopping-spree

Donaldson allegedly used the card to spend more than $2,100 at Starbucks, $4,700 on cosmetics, $1,900 at a candle store and $1,500 to buy a pair of cats.
    Bwahahahaha! I'd love to see a pic of the thief, but I'm betting my mental image based solely on the sentence I quoted is accurate...

Summerthyme

Image result for j k rowling net worth 2018

But that first paycheck is now just a drop in the bucket of Rowling's earnings from the seven “Harry Potter” books, plus film and merchandising deals: Her net worth is now $1 billion, according to Celebrity Net Worth.Jul 30, 2018
    JK Rowling Net Worth Keeps Soaring Thanks to Broadway ...
    https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-w...ing-net-worth/

If I were worth a Billion, I'm not sure I would take the time to hassle over this...but with JK Rowling, she's probably driven by the principle of the thing.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    If I were worth a Billion, I'm not sure I would take the time to hassle over this...but with JK Rowling, she's probably driven by the principle of the thing.

Yes the principle is important. Whether she is worth a billion or 10.00 she should not have to put up with someone stealing what she earned.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

$150 for a pair of cats is outrageous when there are so many that need a rescue.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    $150 for a pair of cats is outrageous when there are so many that need a rescue.
    The post above said $1,500 not $150. Either way, subsequent post is correct about rescue cats costing zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatzpanther View Post
    The post above said $1,500 not $150. Either way, subsequent post is correct about rescue cats costing zero.
    Not in MY area.

The "rescue" groups around here charge a MINIMUM of $100 per "rescued" pet--usually much higher for a dog--because their premise is, if they don't ask a high price for it they attract the "wrong" kind of people.

As if poor people are not capable of LOVING their pets.

The virtue-signaling and hypocrisy of this makes me sick---some of these so-called "rescue" groups are using this as a front to make a KILLING (financial-wise).

/drift---back to your regularly-scheduled run-of-the-mill criminality..........
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Bwahahahaha! I'd love to see a pic of the thief, but I'm betting my mental image based solely on the sentence I quoted is accurate...

Summerthyme
    Not sure what "image" you have in mind, but here's the thief:

Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

At this point, it is one person's word against the other. The assistant could have spent ten times that on a cat with no judgement from me, as long as she used her own money.

The situation of cats stuck in shelters has nothing to do with people buying a breed they want. Ditto for dogs, horses, parrots. Should we extend that idea to kids and orphans? Kinda surprised to see that reasoning here.

CM, we are no longer a society with many virtuous poor people. Offer ANYTHING for cheap, and you will only attract trash and ghetto. That is our dominant demographic. I've worked as a volunteer in two shelters. Those prices protect the animals. No one is entitled to them (although at least half the people who walk in assume differently); If I had been in charge, I would have adopted out only rarely, because there are far worse fates for animals than getting put down. It is really gross and scary out there. You get to the point where you hardly trust anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Not in MY area.

The "rescue" groups around here charge a MINIMUM of $100 per "rescued" pet--usually much higher for a dog--because their premise is, if they don't ask a high price for it they attract the "wrong" kind of people.

As if poor people are not capable of LOVING their pets.

The virtue-signaling and hypocrisy of this makes me sick---some of these so-called "rescue" groups are using this as a front to make a KILLING (financial-wise).

/drift---back to your regularly-scheduled run-of-the-mill criminality..........
    Back in 2003 when we got our last cats from the Santa Clara Animal Shelter it was 150 per cat then....

at least $160 per cat here

they tell me $60 for any over 5 yrs old