Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Big Fire Here - Paradise, CA Evacuated
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Now that it's dark out, as I look north out of my window, I can see red flames. Earlier today I couldn't. That means that the fire is heading our way. We still have the lake in our way and the Feather River. It would have to come over Table Mountain which is steep rocky terrain. Thankful Lake Oroville is protecting us but will probably wipe out Cherokee and Yankee Hill, heading towards Berry Creek. I heard on the scanner about 30 minutes ago that they were making progress on Skyway. Listening to the scanner there's people with no transportation to get out up in Magalia. At a Subway store they picked up a woman who was pregnant with 3 kids. Buses are headed to K-Mart in Paradise to pick up people who have no transportation.

Humidity is 16% - and 64 degrees. Low humidity means hotter fire, it's bone dry out. It's going to be a long night for the fire fighters.
    Bardou---if worst comes to worst---can you get to the Lake (Oroville)? Just get in a boat and row out onto the water, if you can't get out---and at least escape the fire that way?
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Facebook - Oroville Live Lots of power lines are down, PG&E trying to clear the roadways and fallen lines.

https://www.facebook.com/OrovilleNew...8927657696971/
    Long video from this link---if you "drag" your mouse along the timeline, you can see the movement of the smoke....

https://www.facebook.com/OrovilleNew...8927657696971/
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Some pics from: https://www.sfchronicle.com/californ...photo-16472345

Smoke plume seen from a distance:

Cars evacuating IN the fire:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Paradise, CA:

More cars trying to drive out---looks like night but I think pic was taken in DAYTIME:

The fire as seen from Marysville CA (not sure how far that is away from Paradise)

Up to 1,000 homes burn, multiple deaths in Paradise from Camp Fire; east Chico being evacuated

PARADISE — The fast-moving Camp Fire burned up to 1,000 buildings and homes in the Paradise area Thursday and reportedly killed multiple people, then roared into Chico and forced evacuations there.

Cal Fire-Butte County Chief Darren Read said in the afternoon that hundreds of structures in Paradise have burned, perhaps as many as 1,000. Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said there are reports of multiple fatalities, and authorities are trying to verify how many.

The fire started in the Feather River Canyon near Pulga and Highway 70, then burned west. It jumped to 18,000 acres in eight hours Thursday, ripping across the Concow Valley and into and across Paradise.

Then the fire turned east. It reached Highway 99 near Neal Road by 7:30 p.m. and was approaching Highway 32 near upper Bidwell Park by 9 p.m. Evacuation orders were issued from Bruce Road east, from East 20th Street to Highway 32 along the east side of Chico, and in the Canyon Oaks subdivision farther north. Homes were reported burning on the lower Skyway near Oak Ridge Drive and Spanish Garden Drive.

Tens of thousands had already been evacuated, perhaps as many as 50,000 people, according to the sheriff. The Sheriff’s Office also has received hundreds of calls requesting deputies to perform welfare checks on unaccounted people in the fire zone. Officials expected to work through the night responding to those calls.

“This was a rapidly moving fire,” Honea said. “And it moved very very quickly from a rather remote area to populated areas.”

Honea said he had no estimate when evacuees would be able to return.

Residents in Paradise, Magalia, Concow, Yankee Hill and Butte Creek Canyon were initially ordered to evacuate. Thursday evening the evacuation order was extended from Forest Ranch south to Chico, and later to Cherokee and Oro-Chico Highway near Durham. Then the east Chico evacuations were ordered, followed by an order covering everything north of Highway 70 and east of Highway 149

Three firefighters and several citizens were taken to hospitals with injuries. Three more firefighters suffered burns.

The fire started about 6:30 a.m. Thursday at Camp Creek Road near Pulga. Read said the cause of the fire is under investigation, and likely would be for “quite some time.”

Around 2:30 p.m., Cal Fire said 20,000 acres had burned with no containment. The fire was exhibiting extreme fire behavior, Cal Fire public information officer Rick Carhart said. Firefighters are expecting sustained winds up to 30-35 mph on the fire.

“This fire did move through the town of Paradise quickly,” said Paradise Police Chief Eric Reinbold. “We’re very grateful for our partnerships with allied agencies, Cal Fire, our agency, the town staff worked as quickly as possible to evacuate, using our evacuation plans. And the things that we’ve trained for over the years. There is a lot of devastation in town. Just to reiterate, we can’t confirm how many structures, but at this point it’s very devastating to the town.’
    Chaos on the ground

Witnesses and reporters on the ground described a chaotic scene as people tried to leave town.

The fire moved so fast that people were cut off by the flames and sheltered in large asphalt parking areas. Radio traffic Thursday afternoon indicated 300 people were at the Kmart lot on Clark Road, with fire in all directions. Another 100 were at a storage business at Clark and Skyway. Still another group gathered at the Holiday Market parking lot on Skyway.

Photographer Karl Mondon said at 4 p.m. the Safeway parking lot at Clark and Elliott roads was half full of evacuees. Many said they knew their homes were lost.

Wayne and Juanita McLish, 20-year residents of Fawndale Lane, said they fought for two hours to save their home until the water pressure ran out, then made it to Safeway. Wayne McLish’s face was covered in soot. The former math teacher looked stunned when he was told it was 4 o’clock in the afternoon, not the morning.

Evacuees who were able to get out of town often found themselves in gridlock. A pregnant woman stuck in traffic went into labor. In the late morning, Highway 99 northbound was clogged from south of Durham-Pentz Road to Chico. A number of people took a U-turn across the median to get off the freeway at Durham-Pentz and head toward Durham, but the Midway was backed up northbound as well.
    Related Articles

Actor uses Twitter to get word out about the unaccounted for in Camp Fire
    Prominent buildings in Paradise that have been destroyed by Camp Fire
    Area games rescheduled in wake of Camp Fire
    Fast-moving flames make hospital evacuation harrowing
    All schools in Butte County canceled Friday

Hospital evacuated

According to the Sheriff’s Office, Feather River Hospital and all Paradise schools were all evacuated. Hospital patients were sent to Enloe Medical Center in Chico and Oroville Hospital.

According to PG&E spokesman Paul Moreno, 32,000 customers were without power as a result of the fire in Butte and Plumas counties, which includes those in the Paradise, Pulga and Concow areas. No public safety power shut off has been implemented.

The county set up evacuation centers at Oroville Nazarene Church (2238 Monte Vista Ave.) and Neighborhood Church in Chico (2801 Notre Dame Blvd.), but both of those were reported full Thursday evening. Another shelter at the Butte County Fairgrounds in Gridley still had space. At 8:30 p.m. Thursday, another shelter was opened at the Chico Elks Lodge (1705 Manzanita Ave.).

The Silver Dollar Fairgrounds is being used as a staging area for fire crews and is not open to evacuees. Butte College is also being used as a staging area.

The city of Chico’s Public Works Department said evacuees can also head to DeGarmo Park and Community Park off 20th Street in Chico, as well as Durham Park, but not to expect services.

Camp Fire evacuees are being asked to register with Red Cross’ Safe & Well website so concerned family and friends can search those lists. https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php Concerned family and friends can also search the list of those who have registered as “safe and well” by clicking on the “Search Registrants” button.

The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) has activated the State Operations Center to provide assistance to Butte County in support of the Camp Fire.

Cal OES Fire, Law Enforcement, and Inland Region personnel are currently working with various response agencies to address all emergency management, evacuation and mutual aid needs.

Smoke from the fire was reported as far away as San Jose and Fort Bragg.

https://www.chicoer.com/2018/11/08/h...-river-canyon/
    Last edited by Countrymouse; 11-09-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Dear friends 95 year old Mom and 100 year old dad were evacuated at 7 am this morning from the Atria Care home due to the vigilant staff that followed their emergency protocol for wild land fire. Many friends have lost their homes and businesses. At 11:00 pm south and eastern Chico are being evacuated. School is cancelled at Chico State University for Friday. Local to us Tribal Wild Land Fire Crews headed south at 6:30 pm to assist. The covered Bridge at Honey Run on Butte Creek is burned down. My family spent many a hot summer day there picnicking and tubing on the creek. I got my first kiss there back in the day, oh so long ago. My Facebook news feed shows the devastation. There are unconfirmed reports of major loss of life in Paradise. It is freaking November and Red Flag warnings through next week. Prayers are needed for the tens of thousands of evacuees and the fire fighting folks.

Siskiyoumom thank you for the update (and Shadowman) confirms what is on my twitter feed - I am so glad you parents were evacuated I was so worried about the care homes I visited with the Paradise Choraliers to watch them sing (and my friend direct); my friends wife posted video saying town is 95 percent gone.

I am in tears, and it isn't over; friend's wife is trying to figure out how to get to her elderly husband (they joke about the May-December marriage she's in her 40's but he is in his 80's) - I think she is in Fresno, probably not safe way to Oroville right now.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

From Facebook (not posting link because is private link but I'm scrubbing the personal information)

Evacuation warnings are now being issued up to Chico city limits in some areas, the Butte County Sheriff's Office announced tonight on Twitter. Chico is where my family and I live - and it’s possible the fire may strike Chico next.
    In town there is an Influx of traffic, Gas stations are jammed, tensions are high. I wouldn’t want to be living in this city if a solar flare struck seeing how people in public are reacting right now.

Fire now burning on both sides of Highway 191.

These Photos by Noah Berger AP

we are currently safe but my home is “potentially threatened” depending on “containment” ��

“Potentially the city of Chico is threatened by the fire. It just depends on how much containment we get," Darren Read of Cal Fire in Butte County said. But Read said it wasn't a big likelihood. However someone just knocked on my door who’s father worked for the fire department to put us on alert that the fire may make its way to my home. I don’t know how likely that really is but the neighboring town of Paradise just burnt to a crisp.

X's hospital where she receives treatment for her hyper thyroid / Graves’ disease condition has burned down.

We are leaving are planning on leaving tomorrow for Mexico, but we may have to leave tonight. We’d have to leave our book collection behind. ��

I think our home will be okay though. Positive energy.

Paradise is destroyed. I was just in paradise taking part in a sweat lodge ceremony. It was such a beautiful town, it deserved the name, Paradise. Now Gone.

I feel Heartbroken for all these ppl who are losing their homes during the holiday season. Families. Children. Elderly. Lives have already been claimed they just don’t have a count yet.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

BREAKING NEWS
    ‏ @Breaking_4_News
    2m2 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Wildfire Destroying Multiple Structures In Thousand Oaks, California Just 24 Hours After The Mass Shooting That Killed 12 And Injured Many Others. Evacuations Underway.
    #BreakingNews

Megan Henderson
    ‏Verified account @MeganHenderson
    4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Update on #WoolseyFire: 30,000 homes now threatened. Multiple structures have been damaged and destroyed. Strong winds still a big factor. Thankfully no serious injuries reported. @KTLAMorningNews

#Bangladesh News 24 (#BreakingNews 24)
    ‏ @bdnews24
    5m5 minutes ago

California wildfires: Tens of thousands forced to flee as entire city 'pretty much' destroyed by blaze http://twib.in/l/4Mk9q8a9gjX5 via @bdnews24 #breaking #news

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8625496.html

Erin Hartje
    ‏ @erinmhartje
    3h3 hours ago

Everything in Paradise, CA is just gone. 😭 My family is still trying to find everyone. Anyone know the best way to get a hold of those who are missing? No phones on them and not sure where they were evacuated to. #PrayForCalifornia #campfire #ParadiseCaFires #ParadiseCa

Google Images search on fire. It's bad..........

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....0.wCKObg5_TU8
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Not in the town and city limits, but vary near and now on fire is stands of neglected and mis managed forested old growth pine trees. Looking at the pics, one can see brown topped dead and dieing tree stands, from drought and pine beetles, but mostly old age natural dieing trees.

These types of forest need to be clear cut every 20 to 40 years, and replanted to keep the forest healthy, after 40 years the natural way for the forest to get healthy again is to BURN.

So the spotted owls, yellow legged frog, etc. killed the logging industries in that area, so will fire kill the rest of any other industry/businesses in that area.

From the BBC -lots more photos at link - can't post more because am on facebook with friend's wife trying to figure out how to get him and elderly friend out of Oroville

Paradise Fire: California wildfire leaves town in ruins
    1 hour ago

Media captionThe Camp Fire has been fuelled by strong winds and dry forest
    A fierce wildfire racing across Northern California has destroyed parts of the Sierra foothills, including one town, officials say.

The so-called Camp Fire, which started early on Thursday near Camp Creek, has been fuelled by strong winds and dry forest.

Some residents in the town of Paradise, which was "devastated", were trapped by the flames, state fire officials said.

Thousands in the region have evacuated, including from schools and hospitals.

There are unconfirmed reports of casualties, which an official said could take days to confirm.

"[Paradise] is devastated, everything is destroyed. There's nothing left standing," said Scott Maclean, the state's forestry and fire protection spokesman.

he Camp Fire had burned through 20,000 acres as of Thursday afternoon, local time, according to California Fire officials.

As winds approached 50mph (80km/h), causing the fire to grow rapidly in just a few hours, some residents were forced to abandon vehicles and escape on foot, local media reported.

Further south in Ventura County near Los Angeles, strong winds are preventing efforts to tackle another massive blaze - a few miles from the scene of a mass shooting in Thousands Oaks that claimed 12 lives on Wednesday.

The second wildfire is said to have scorched 10,000 acres, according to officials.

Image copyrightREUTERS
    Image caption

Firefighters have had to rescue residents who fled on foot

The rapid and uncontained wildlife consumed this KFC restaurant
    Evacuation orders are in place in northern California for the town of Paradise, home to around 26,000 people, as well as Magalia, Concow, Butte Creek Canyon and Butte Valley areas.

Emergency crews are working to rescue residents trapped there, an official said.

At least one nursing home and the Feather River Hospital were evacuated and several homes were on fire, according to the Sacramento Bee, and the region is covered with thick, dark smoke.

A spokesman for the hospital operator, Dignity Health, reportedly told Action News Now that Feather River was later destroyed.

Thousands are also without power in the region, which is just north of Sacramento.

The region has grappled with wildfires on and off since 2017
    One Paradise resident who fled the encroaching blaze told the Bee: "It was so hot. You could feel it."

Others described watching flames consume their property as they evacuated.

The blaze is one of 14 currently active in California. Officials have put most of Northern California is under a Red Flag Warning, which means "extreme fire behaviour" can occur within 24 hours.

Smoke advisories have gone into affect for the Northern California region
    On social media, many have been sharing images of highways and roads flanked by fire or covered in heavy smoke and asking for help to evacuate friends and family.

Resident Shari Bernacett told the Associated Press that she "knocked on doors, yelled and screamed" to get mobile home residents to leave as fire consumed the hillside.

"The whole hill's on fire," she said while crying. "God help us!"

The region has grappled with serious wildfires - including the worst in the state's history, the Mendocino and Thomas fires - on and off since 2017.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46146354

OK decision made to wait until Monday for possible recuse - both her husband and the elderly friend can still drive - he drove himself out, just not any more than he has to these days.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...l-13374716.php

From the SF paper:

Wildfire devastates California town of Paradise
    Don Thompson and Noah Berger, Associated Press Updated 10:43 pm PST, Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints burns during Camp Fire in Paradise, Calif.. on Thursday, November 8, 2018. Photo: Scott Strazzante, The Chronicle
    Photo: Scott Strazzante, The Chronicle
    IMAGE 1 OF 59
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints burns during Camp Fire in Paradise, Calif.. on Thursday, November 8, 2018.Buy Photo

PARADISE, Calif. (AP) — Tens of thousands of people fled a fast-moving wildfire Thursday in Northern California, some clutching babies and pets as they abandoned vehicles and struck out on foot ahead of the flames that forced the evacuation of an entire town and destroyed hundreds of structures.

"Pretty much the community of Paradise is destroyed, it's that kind of devastation," said Cal Fire Capt. Scott McLean late Thursday. "The wind that was predicted came and just wiped it out."

McLean estimated that a couple of thousand structures were destroyed in the town of 27,000 residents about 180 miles (290 kilometers) northeast of San Francisco, where residents scrambled to flee. The extent of the injuries and specific damage count was not immediately known as officials could not access the dangerous area.

Butte County CalFire Chief Darren Read said at a news conference that two firefighters and multiple residents were injured.

As she fled, Gina Oviedo described a devastating scene in which flames engulfed homes, sparked explosions and toppled utility poles.

"Things started exploding," Oviedo said. "People started getting out of their vehicles and running."

An Associated Press photographer saw dozens of businesses and homes leveled or in flames, including a liquor store and gas station.

"It's a very dangerous and very serious situation," Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said. "I'm driving through fire as we speak. We're doing everything we can to get people out of the affected areas."

The blaze erupted as windy weather swept the state, creating extreme fire danger. A wind-whipped fire north of Los Angeles in Ventura County burned up to 15 square miles and at least one home in a matter of hours. It threatened thousands of homes and prompted evacuations of a mobile home park, a state university campus and some neighborhoods. A nearby blaze was smaller at about 2 square miles but moving quickly.

Acting California Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency for the fire-stricken area in Northern California and requested a presidential disaster declaration, saying that dangerous weather conditions were expected to last several days.

Shari Bernacett said her husband tried to get people to leave the Paradise mobile home park they manage. He "knocked on doors, yelled and screamed" to alert as many residents as possible, Bernacett said.

"My husband tried his best to get everybody out. The whole hill's on fire. God help us!" she said before breaking down crying. She and her husband grabbed their dog, jumped in their pickup truck and drove through flames before getting to safety, she said.

Terrifying videos posted on social media showed cars driving along roads that looked like tunnels of fire with flames on both sides of the road.

Concerned friends and family posted frantic messages on Twitter and other sites saying they were looking for loved ones, particularly seniors who lived at retirement homes or alone.

Among them was Kim Curtis, who was searching for her grandmother, who told family at 8 a.m. Thursday that she would flee her Paradise home in her Buick with her cat. Her grandmother, who is in her 70s and lives alone, never showed up up at a meeting spot in Chico, though.

"We've just been posting all over social media. And just praying for a miracle, honestly," said Curtis, who lives in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Officials were sending as many firefighters as they could, Cal Fire spokesman Rick Carhart said.

"Every engine that we could put on the fire is on the fire right now, and more are coming," he said. "There are dozens of strike teams that we're bringing in from all parts of the state."

The sheriff confirmed reports that evacuees had to abandon their vehicles. Rescuers were trying to put them in other vehicles, he said.

"We're working very hard to get people out. The message I want to get out is: If you can evacuate, you need to evacuate," Honea said.

The wildfire was reported around daybreak. Within six hours, it had grown to more than 26 square miles (69 square kilometers), Gaddie said.

Thick gray smoke and ash filled the sky above Paradise and could be seen from miles away.

Fire officials said the flames were being fueled by winds, low humidity, dry air and severely parched brush and ground from months without rain.

"Basically, we haven't had rain since last May or before that," said Read, the fire chief. "Everything is a very receptive fuel bed. It's a rapid rate of spread."

At the hospital in Paradise, more than 60 patients were evacuated to other facilities and some buildings caught fire and were damaged. But the main facility, Adventist Health Feather River Hospital, was not, spokeswoman Jill Kinney said.

Some of the patients were initially turned around during their evacuation because of gridlocked traffic and later airlifted to other hospitals, along with staff, Kinney said.

Four hospital employees were briefly trapped in the basement and rescued by California Highway Patrol officers, Kinney said.

The National Weather Service issued red-flag warnings for fire dangers in many areas of the state, saying low humidity and strong winds were expected to continue through Friday evening.

___

Associated Press writers Paul Elias, Jocelyn Gecker, Janie Har, Daisy Nguyen, Olga R. Rodriguez, Sudhin Thanawala and Juliet Williams in San Francisco, Sophia Bollag in Sacramento and Jennifer Sinco Kelleher in Honolulu contributed to this report.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...l-13374716.php

Political Reporter
    ‏ @PolitReporter
    10m10 minutes ago

Ventura County brush fires: Evacuation orders and road closures

http://bit.ly/2zDOLVY
    #Politics #News #World #PoliticsToday #Breaking #Political #USA #RT #politicalreporter

Nov 9, 2018

SANTA ROSA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) —

Mandatory and voluntary evacuations were underway Thursday evening near the border of Ventura and Los Angeles counties after two separate brush fires erupted within miles of each other.

In Santa Rosa, the so-called Hill Fire burned 10,000 acres and prompted mandatory evacuation orders for Camarillo Springs, the Vallecito Trailer Park, the campus of Cal State University Channel Islands, and the neighborhood of Dos Vientos.

Shortly before 8:30 p.m., the commanding officer at the Point Mugu Naval Base issued a mandatory evacuation of the facility.

All alternates for US101 from western Ventura County to eastern Ventura County continue to be severely impacted. The best alternate continues to be SR-126. Another closure…Potrero Rd. has been closed as our friends @VCFD work hard to keep life and property safe. #hillfire

— CHP Moorpark (@CHPMoorpark) November 9, 2018

The 101 Freeway was closed in both directions between Borchard Road and Pleasant Valley Road.

MANDATORY EVACUATIONS
    Hill Fire
    – Point Mugu Naval Base

– Camarillo Springs

– Vallecito Trailer Park

– California State University Channel Islands

– Dos Vientos neighborhood

Woolsey Fire
    – All of Oak Park
    – Bell Canyon: Saddlebow Road between Maverick Lane and Morgan Road
    – All residents north of 101 Freeway, south of Bell Canyon Road, west of Valley Circle Boulevard
    – North of Kanan Road
    – West of Lindero Canyon to Erbes Road extending north to Sunset Hills Boulevard
    – Thousand Oaks Blvd. north to Sunset Hills, from Oak Park west to Highway 23
    – South of the 101 Freeway to Mulholland Highway, west of Las Virgenes Rd. to Westlake Blvd.
    – Westlake Village

#WoolseyFire; MANDATORY EVACUATIONS. All residents in LA County, LA City & Ventura County. North of 101 Fwy, South of Bell Canyon Rd., West of Valley Circle, East of Erbes Rd. Also North of Kanan Rd, West of Lindero Canyon to Erbes Rd extending North to Sunset Hills Bl.

— VCFD PIO (@VCFD_PIO) November 9, 2018

EVACUATION CENTERS
    – Borchard Community Center, 190 North Reino Road, Newbury Park

– Community Center Park, 1605 Burnley St., Camarillo

– Rancho Santa Susana Community Center, 5005 East Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley

– Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills

– Taft Charter, 5461 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills

– Thousand Oaks Teen Center, 1375 East Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, 91362

ROAD CLOSURES
    – 101 Freeway at Borchard Road and Pleasant Valley Road in Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks
    – Santa Rosa Road in Camarillo closed in both directions

SCHOOL CLOSURES FRIDAY
    – Simi Valley Unified School District (all schools)
    – Conejo Valley Unified School District (all schools)
    – Hueneme Elementary School District (all schools)
    – Las Virgenes Unified School District (all schools)

– Mesa Union School District (all schools)

– Oak Park Unified School District (all schools)

– Oxnard Elementary School District (all schools)

– Oxnard Union High School District (all schools)

– Pleasant Valley School District (all schools)

– Rio School District (all schools)

– Somis Union School District (all schools)

– Ventura County Charter Schools: ACE, Bridges, MATES, River Oaks, Vista Real (all Ventura County sites)

– Ventura County Office of Education: ACCESS, Dean Triggs School, Dwire School, Gateway Community School, Hathaway Preschool, James Foster School, La Mariposa Elementary School, Las Colinas Middle School, VCOE classroom at Moorpark High School, Phoenix – Airport, Phoenix – Los Nogales, Phoenix – Moorpark, Pleasant Valley Early Childhood Center, Ritchen Preschool, Sunkist School, Williams Preschool

– California State University, Channel Islands

https://politicalreporter.net/2018/1...road-closures/
    Attached Images

Matthew Keys
    ‏Verified account @MatthewKeysLive
    1m1 minute ago

#BREAKING: 75,000 homes being evacuated in Ventura County, California as #WoolseyFire grows overnight (KABC)

Anyone heard from Bardou? Her postings were ominous.
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Quote Originally Posted by straightstreet View Post
    Anyone heard from Bardou? Her postings were ominous.
    Not from her directly but the Chico TV station feed is showing a fire above but NOT IN Oroville - no one is being evacuated from the town at this point, my friends are staying put for now but can drive.

If I hear anything on the news or facebook I will post - is about 5am in the area so Bardou maybe sleeping (I hope she gets some rest).

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Not in the town and city limits, but vary near and now on fire is stands of neglected and mis managed forested old growth pine trees. Looking at the pics, one can see brown topped dead and dieing tree stands, from drought and pine beetles, but mostly old age natural dieing trees.

These types of forest need to be clear cut every 20 to 40 years, and replanted to keep the forest healthy, after 40 years the natural way for the forest to get healthy again is to BURN.

So the spotted owls, yellow legged frog, etc. killed the logging industries in that area, so will fire kill the rest of any other industry/businesses in that area.
    I've been thinking about this pretty much since the fire was first reported. It would be pretty hard to bring murder charges, since so many individuals and agencies are responsible, but it may add fuel to the flames of the secession movement.

This is one of those threads you really don't want to look at, but you have to.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Matthew Keys
    ‏Verified account @MatthewKeysLive
    1m1 minute ago

#BREAKING: 75,000 homes being evacuated in Ventura County, California as #WoolseyFire grows overnight (KABC)
    this fire is in southern CA (not related to the one in Paradise) just in case anyone reading is confused. is there a separate thread for it or are we reporting on both fires here? I have several coworkers and a boss who live in Calabasas. one coworker who lives in westlake village left work early yesterday because the fire cut off the 101 freeway which is her way home.

i am just waking up and what James Woods is doing to help people via twitter is amazing. God bless that man! i am praying for all affected by both the fire(s) in Northern cA and here in so Cal.

The forests don't need "clear cutting" even normal fires don't destroy everything especially not the redwoods (modern firestorms do but only because they now burn too hot) but CLEARING needs to happen when the fires don't, that and clearing out saplings and younger trees that create issues.

A middle ground between the old "cut down everything" that used to happen and today's "don't cut anything."
    ."

This local station is now live feed 24/7 for the emergency https://www.actionnewsnow.com/

Here in Tracy we're getting the same haze and "red dawn" we had earlier this summer with the prior fires....watching KPIX morning news and the traffic cams throughout the SF Bay Area is showing the same, air quality is being listed as unhralthy, well beyond a "spare the air" day....

Terrifying.

Manfred Rosenberg
    ‏ @4PawShop
    2m2 minutes ago

Three fast-moving California blazes cause thousands to flee
    http://dlvr.it/QqrQtS http://bit.ly/2wTtJV #news #breaking #trump

November 9, 2018 / 4:09 AM / Updated 23 minutes ago

PARADISE, Calif. (Reuters) - Three fast-moving wildfires burned in California on Friday morning, including one that spurred the evacuation of 75,000 homes near a city that was still reeling from a mass shooting.

Voluntary evacuations of 75,000 homes were called for because of the Woolsey Fire that included parts of Thousand Oaks in Ventura County northwest of Los Angeles, the site of a mass shooting incident this week in which 12 people were killed.

The Woolsey blaze was also burning in parts of Los Angeles County.

Also burning in Ventura County was the Hill Fire, which had torched 10,000 acres (4047 hectares) by Thursday night, fire officials said.

In Northern California, the Camp Fire advanced rapidly to the outskirts of the city of Chico early on Friday, forcing thousands to flee after it left the nearby town of Paradise in ruins, California fire officials said.

Evacuation notices were set for homes on the east side of Chico, a city of about 93,000 people situated about 90 miles (145 km) north of Sacramento.

The Chico Fire Department said: “Firefighters continue to actively engage the fire in order to protect life and property.”

Flames from the unchecked, 20,000-acre (8,100-hectare) Camp Fire were being driven westward by 35-mile-per hour (56 km-per-hour) winds, fire officials said.

The blaze earlier ripped through Paradise, about 20 miles east of Chico.

“The town is devastated, everything is destroyed. There’s nothing much left standing,” said California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) spokesman Scott Maclean.

“This fire moved so fast and grew so fast a lot of people got caught by it.”

Maclean said an as-yet unspecified number of civilians and firefighters had been injured, and it could be days before authorities would know whether anyone had died.

Paradise, located on a ridge, has limited escape routes. Traffic accidents turned roads into gridlock and residents abandoned vehicles and ran from the flames, carrying children and pets, officials said. One woman who was stuck in traffic went into labor, the Enterprise-Record newspaper reported.

“It’s very chaotic,” said Officer Ryan Lambert of the California Highway Patrol.

Rescuers used a bulldozer to push abandoned cars out the way to reach Feather River Hospital and evacuate patients as flames engulfed the building, Butte County Supervisor Doug Teeter told reporters.

The hospital was totally destroyed, Mike Mangas, a spokesman for operator Dignity Health, told Action News Now.

The fire, which began early on Thursday, was the fiercest of several wind-driven blazes across California, during what has been one of the worst years for wildfires in the state.

In Ventura County, “Strong Santa Ana winds (are) expected to continue through this morning,” the National Weather Service in Los Angeles said on Twitter on Friday. That helped double the size of the Woolsey Fire to 8,000 acres (3238 hectares), fire officials said.

Wind gusts of 50 to 70 mph (80 to 113 kph) were expected in the mountains of Ventura County and up to 50 mph in the valleys and coastal areas of the county, the NWS said.

Travel was limited on U.S. Highway 101 in Ventura County, state highway patrol troopers said.

A former U.S. Marine combat veteran opened fire in a bar packed with college students in Thousand Oaks on Wednesday, killing 12 people in an incident that stunned a bucolic community with a reputation for safety.

There is an 11-minute video of the fire here that I can't copy over; only the first part is about the fires:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...medium=twitter
    Attached Images

Malibu Search Rescue
    ‏Verified account @MalibuSAR
    11m11 minutes ago

ALERT UPDATE: additional mandatory evacuations from Liberty Cyn west to Decker Cyn and south all the way to #pch #pacificcoasthighway because of #Woolseyfire

More here:

https://twitter.com/MalibuSAR

KPIX reporting that the Ventura fire is on both sides of Hwy 101 and they are saying that the fire may make it to the ocean....

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    The forests don't need "clear cutting" even normal fires don't destroy everything especially not the redwoods (modern firestorms do but only because they now burn too hot) but CLEARING needs to happen when the fires don't, that and clearing out saplings and younger trees that create issues.

A middle ground between the old "cut down everything" that used to happen and today's "don't cut anything."
    ."

This local station is now live feed 24/7 for the emergency https://www.actionnewsnow.com/
    Clear cutting works. I seen it worked and helped planted thousands of saplings, that I seen grow around 100 feet tall in just 25 years. I seen it with my own eyes. Red fir and white fir.

And All of the clear cuts I seen in the 1980s not all trees was cut down, they left many trees and even small stands alone in areas where water erosion near drainage, creeks and what not. Also many young hardwoods where left in the cuts.

I'm not a professional forest manager, but I saw them do it and do it right. In 1997 the PNW had more healthier forest than ever, the same year there was also huge rains, the same year was also when many logging sales where stopped for a stupid owl.

BTW, there is only one area where there is Redwoods, up by Crecent City. Those stands of redwoods are truly protected as they should be cause they don't really get diseased like the pine type trees plus their truly the only old growth type tree that needs no human management per say to stay healthy
    Last edited by West; 11-09-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    KPIX reporting that the Ventura fire is on both sides of Hwy 101 and they are saying that the fire may make it to the ocean....

Gigi Graciette
    ‏Verified account @GigiGraciette
    9m9 minutes ago

Gigi Graciette Retweeted Caltrans District 7

IMPORTANT!
    101, BOTH NORTH AND SOUTH, NOW CLOSED from Las Virgenes to Reyes Adobe. @FOXLA @Araksya @ginasilvafox11 #WoolseyFire

Gigi Graciette
    ‏Verified account @GigiGraciette
    31m31 minutes ago

Transformer just exploded in front of us. #WoolseyFire raging on both sides of the 101 at Liberty Canyon. @FOXLA

More here:

https://twitter.com/GigiGraciette
    Attached Images

KPIX reporting evacuations continue in Ventura and the order now covers over 100,000 people...

Clear cutting works. I seen it worked and helped planted thousands of saplings, that I seen grow around 100 feet tall in just 25 years. I seen it with my own eyes. Red fir and white fir.

And All of the clear cuts I seen in the 1980s not all trees was cut down, they left many trees and even small stands alone in areas where water erosion near drainage, creeks and what not. Also many young hardwoods where left in the cuts.

I'm not a professional forest manager, but I saw them do it and do it right. In 1997 the PNW had more healthier forest than ever, the same year there was also huge rains, the same year was also when many logging sales where stopped for a stupid owl.
    All trees grow old and die. In most forest (PNW) the natural way is in about 100 years the forest grows then catches fire and burns so hot, brush is all that grows for another 100 years, then 100 years later the forest comes back with the help of birds and tree rats, etc..

In the PNW, the loggers had it figured out to a clear cutting every 20- 50 years.

Did you click on Gigi's twitter above ^^^^^^ and look at her pictures? Holy cow. They're clogging the roads trying to evac Thousand Oaks.

Laura Garcia
    ‏ @LauraGarciaNBC
    4m4 minutes ago

#Breaking: Evacuations have been ordered on the edges of the Northern California city of #Chico, not far from Paradise where thousands of buildings were destroyed by a fast-moving wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder View Post
    I've been thinking about this pretty much since the fire was first reported. It would be pretty hard to bring murder charges, since so many individuals and agencies are responsible, but it may add fuel to the flames of the secession movement.

This is one of those threads you really don't want to look at, but you have to.

Kathleen
    Agree it's hard to see the area one was born and raised in, go up in flames.

I do think it's all by design. They want people out of those areas. Plus they vote wrong. Just like the red neck concerts and bars getting shot up... all deployables anyway...

Air quality in SF Bay Area is being described as worse than Beijing. Per KPIX weather conditions are forming up in the Bay Area as to go to "red flag" fire conditions locally as well as the rest of the northern half of the state through the weekend...

San Fransisco:

Corinne Sklar
    ‏ @csklar
    6m6 minutes ago

Fires Hit Again- and drown @sfgov in smoke. #Paradise #smokey
    Attached Images

Agree it's hard to see the area one was born and raised in, go up in flames.

I do think it's all by design. They want people out of those areas. Plus they vote wrong. Just like the red neck concerts and bars getting shot up... all deployables anyway...
    At this point that's not a "far out" possibly to consider....

I can now smell smoke inside my place, all the windows are closed by the way and the haze outside is pretty bad.

Prayers for all of our board members that are in the path of this fire.

Southside

Paradise is no longer.
    Can't stop crying... I went to school there... so much I loved about Paradise.. this is unbelievable..
    LeV

Quote Originally Posted by LeViolinist View Post
    Can't stop crying... I went to school there... so much I loved about Paradise.. this is unbelievable..
    (((hugs)))

-----------------------

Getting worse !!!

Brian Knox
    ‏ @bknoxNBCLA
    27s27 seconds ago

#BREAKING: Entire city of Malibu is being evacuated because of the #WoolseyFire. Anyone in Malibu needs to evacuate NOW.
    @NBCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    At this point that's not a "far out" possibly to consider....
    I said the same thing to my husband this morning (that some of this may be intentional) I know Catherine Austin Fitz has been wondering about this for a few months now.

Lulu Walcott
    🦂
    ‏ @LuluWalcott1
    6m6 minutes ago

Well, I have my teddy bear, my bracelet, my ids and one change of clothing... on the bus... #Fires #Wildfires #Malibu #Evacuation 😢

Cal Perry
    ‏Verified account @CalNBC
    1m1 minute ago

The fire has jumped the 101 and #Malibu being evacuated. Zuma beach for your animals.
    Attached Images

Stephanie
    ‏ @BedazzleCats
    2m2 minutes ago

Wow! These winds are so strong today too, godspeed to the firefighting and law enforcement teams. RT @ABC7: #BREAKING Entire city of Malibu under mandatory evacuation order due to relentless #WoolseyFire

https://abc7.la/2OzgsEO
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Breeta View Post
    this fire is in southern CA (not related to the one in Paradise) just in case anyone reading is confused. is there a separate thread for it or are we reporting on both fires here? I have several coworkers and a boss who live in Calabasas. one coworker who lives in westlake village left work early yesterday because the fire cut off the 101 freeway which is her way home.

i am just waking up and what James Woods is doing to help people via twitter is amazing. God bless that man! i am praying for all affected by both the fire(s) in Northern cA and here in so Cal.
    And just to clarify further, the Santa Rosa here isn't the town in N. Cal that had the devastating fire, it's Santa Rosa Valley in So. Cal, but they are sometimes leaving off the Valley.

Christina Pascucci
    ‏Verified account @ChristinaKTLA
    39s40 seconds ago

Malibu residents being told to evacuate NOW but power outages along PCH /traffic lights out exacerbating situation, there’s a several mile long back up going south #BREAKING #WoolseyFire @KTLAMorningNews

TraderStef
    ‏ @TraderStef
    3m3 minutes ago

#CampFire #Wildfires leveled the city of Paradise yesterday - #BREAKING: Officials have ordered the evacuation of the California beachside community of #Malibu as a #wildfire approaches it
    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...mes-evacuated/

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...mes-evacuated/