Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Georgia election fight heats up as Kemp declares victory and resigns secretary post, Abrams digs in
+ Reply to Thread

Georgia election fight heats up as Kemp declares victory and resigns secretary post, Abrams digs in

Georgia election fight heats up as Kemp declares victory and resigns secretary post, Abrams digs in
    Brooke Singman
    5-6 minutes

Georgia’s gubernatorial election fight appears to be far from over, with Democrat Stacey Abrams' campaign digging in and predicting a runoff even as Republican candidate Brian Kemp declares victory and resigns from his post as secretary of state.

Kemp resigned as secretary of state Thursday morning in federal court. Russ Willard, a lawyer with the attorney general’s office, said Kemp will not perform any election-related duties. An interim secretary will oversee the rest of the vote counting.

His resignation came ahead of a hearing Thursday for a lawsuit brought against Kemp by five Georgia voters, who urged that Kemp be barred from exercising duties as the state’s chief elections officer during the vote count. The Abrams campaign also has accused Kemp of using his role as secretary of state to influence the process.

According to the Associated Press vote totals with all precincts reporting, Kemp has 1,972,952 votes to Abrams’ 1,909,730 –giving him 50.3 percent to her 48.7 percent. A first-ever gubernatorial runoff could have been triggered if neither candidate had cleared the 50 percent mark. At a Thursday news conference with outgoing Republican Gov. Nathan Deal, Kemp said only about 20,000 provisional ballots remain uncounted in the gubernatorial race. He said that even if Abrams "got 100 percent of those votes, we still win."

But Abrams, who is vying to become the nation’s first black female governor, has said that because ballots have yet to be counted, a runoff next month is still a possibility. Her campaign manager, Lauren Groh-Wargo, argued several factors must be weighed when considering a runoff election.

“We have three factors to be considered here: outstanding votes, absentee ballots to be counted, and provisional ballots. Given those three issues, we believe this is likely heading to a runoff,” she said.

Groh-Wargo said this week that Kemp, who declared victory Wednesday evening, had offered “no proof” of his win.

“He’s offered … no indication of why we should take him at his word,” Groh-Wargo told the Associated Press. “The sitting secretary has declared himself [the winner.]”

The campaign on Wednesday also announced what it called an ​​​​​​"aggressive provisional ballot chase program to ensure that every eligible voter’s voice is heard, and every ballot is counted."

Meanwhile, Kemp’s press secretary Cody Hall stood by the declaration.

“Brian Kemp earned nearly two million votes on Tuesday—by far the most of any gubernatorial candidate in our state’s history,” Hall said in a statement. “Absentee ballots are counted and Kemp leads his opponent by 64,000 votes.”

He added: “Based on counts released by the Secretary of State’s office, Brian Kemp’s margin is so large that the number of provisional ballots and overseas ballots will not change his Election Day victory. Simply put, it is mathematically impossible for Stacey Abrams to win or force a run-off election.”

Kemp’s former spokesperson in the secretary of state’s office, Candice Broce, said the lawsuit forcing Kemp’s secretary of state resignation was a “twelfth-hour stunt.”

The Georgia race was among the most closely watched gubernatorial contests nationally. Democrats seized several state governorships from Republicans on Tuesday night, but fell short in Iowa, Ohio and Florida—three states former President Obama won in 2012, but that President Trump carried in 2016.

Control of the nation’s governor’s mansions is expected to be particularly important in 2020, when states draw new congressional district lines, which can be vetoed by the chief executives.

The Georgia contest was marked with drama and intrigue long before the final votes were cast. Kemp announced on Sunday his office was investigating "possible cyber crimes" by the Georgia Democratic Party, throwing a last-minute wrench into what was already a tight race. Abrams and the state Democratic party swiftly rejected the allegations, claiming there was "never a hack" and declaring it was a feeble attempt to "suppress the vote."

Abrams was hoping to make history Tuesday night, as well as break a decades-old red streak of gubernatorial victories in the Peach State. The state hasn't elected a Democratic governor since 1998. However, Abrams previously emphasized she didn't want people to support her based solely on those reasons.

“I don’t want anyone to vote for me because I’m black. And no one on the ballot needs a vote because we’re women. And I don’t even want you to vote for us just because we’re Democrats. You need to vote for us because we’re better," she told a crowd in Savannah Monday.

Both candidates were backed by big-name celebrities and political heavyweights: Kemp boasted the support of Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker, President Trump and Vice President Pence, while Abrams claimed Oprah Winfrey and former President Barack Obama among her supporters.

"Make history here in Georgia. Make things better here in Georgia," Obama urged a crowd of voters last week while endorsing Abrams at Morehouse College in Atlanta.

Meanwhile, Trump stumped for Kemp, whom he described as an "incredible fighter and tireless champion for the people."

Fox News’ Gregg Re and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/geo...o-force-runoff

This should have never happened. I've read in various places many many thousands of Republicans stayed home and didn't vote.

I can't understand why in the world they would do this when they have a lady pretty much guaranteeing she's going after the guns.

He should have won by 5 or 6 percentage points.

My state went "red-er" but apparently most of the other red states would rather be lazy purple.
    I don't know my country anymore.
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz

get ready for Atlanta to burn - the nigglets aren't having their pet she boon loose ta no krakka nawh.

Raggedyann and I have to get on the road to Youngstown this wed (11.14) coming. we'll be departing heavier than typical - which to be frank is typically already pretty freakin' heavy . . .
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    This should have never happened. I've read in various places many many thousands of Republicans stayed home and didn't vote.

I can't understand why in the world they would do this when they have a lady pretty much guaranteeing she's going after the guns.

He should have won by 5 or 6 percentage points.

My state went "red-er" but apparently most of the other red states would rather be lazy purple.
    I don't know my country anymore.
    I would imagine that after years and years of nothing but lies from both parties many people are just tired of wasting their time casting a vote for a politician of either party knowing that once they get elected they will ignore the voters and only work for special interest, celebrities and big contributors. I know I have felt that way and now I seem only to vote to give my middle finger to those running. Trump was a middle finger that actually got noticed so sometimes that actually works out.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

if I lived in GA I'd be drinking heavily right now - but if I was in Atlanta, I'd be tossing back heavy doses of opiates with my three fingers of vodka
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

That bitch has no intention of conceding. She is evil to the core and she may yet be installed as our governor. Woe to this state if she is. I have already noticed a distinct aggressiveness of blacks in my local area while grocery shopping and at other stores. I have about decided not to even go in a Walmart again. They are rude and in your face for no apparent reason other than you happen to be white. One well dressed, older black woman almost ran me down with her cart while I was in Fresh market yesterday. It isn't like she didn't see me either. I have about reached my limit of rude disrespect. Florida isn't out of the woods either from what I heard on the radio today!
    Sherry in GA

"If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again." -- Wayne Dyer

I've noticed that when I cross paths with a younger black man, there is no eye contact. They purposely do not look at me. Often coming and going out and about, they just do not look, purposely. I'm the guy who makes eye contact and nods or is vocal. So I notice these things.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    I would imagine that after years and years of nothing but lies from both parties many people are just tired of wasting their time casting a vote for a politician of either party knowing that once they get elected they will ignore the voters and only work for special interest, celebrities and big contributors. I know I have felt that way and now I seem only to vote to give my middle finger to those running. Trump was a middle finger that actually got noticed so sometimes that actually works out.
    WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!
    "You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end – which you can never afford to lose – with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be." — VADM James Stockdale, USN (1923-2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrynboo View Post
    That bitch has no intention of conceding. She is evil to the core and she may yet be installed as our governor. Woe to this state if she is. I have already noticed a distinct aggressiveness of blacks in my local area while grocery shopping and at other stores. I have about decided not to even go in a Walmart again. They are rude and in your face for no apparent reason other than you happen to be white. One well dressed, older black woman almost ran me down with her cart while I was in Fresh market yesterday. It isn't like she didn't see me either. I have about reached my limit of rude disrespect. Florida isn't out of the woods either from what I heard on the radio today!
    this is turning into some real bullshit. little did we know that "uncounted boxes of votes" would be dug out of trunks of cars and back rooms of election supervisors headquarters DAYS after an election and we'd have to put up with blatantly obvious attempts at stuffing ballot boxes. truly the stuff of TURD WERLD SHITE HOLES

some serious trouble in this country can't be far off -

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    if I lived in GA I'd be drinking heavily right now - but if I was in Atlanta, I'd be tossing back heavy doses of opiates with my three fingers of vodka
    let me amend and add FLORIDA to the above

11. Typical kneegrow attempt at intimidation, bitch, piss and moan enough and maybe naive old whitey will finally give in, so sick of weak pathetic white people bowing to these low IQ sheboons.

She no intention of quitting because nobody has ever had the balls to tell her beligerent obnoxious nigger ass the word "NO", laws and rules are made just for people like her, somebody needs to grow a pair and tell her buffalo sized ass to hit the road.

If this shit doesn't get nipped in the bud then every kneegrow that runs in the future and loses by less than 15 points will pull this kind of stunt, blacks aren't smart, they're obnoxious, racist, bullies, tell the bitch NO.

hell of it is - even if - the votes are all counted and she STILL LOOSES - it won't be accepted. based on the OP its "a mathematical impossibility" for Kemp to loose.

get ready for major trouble in Atlanta - and send the "thank you notes" to the HNIC and that hippo OPRAH - and don't forget the black panthers walking the streets with their long guns just prior to election day.

N
    I
    G
    G
    E
    R
    "If it were announced to you that the enemy had invaded your cities, your castles, your lands; had ravished your wives and your daughters, and profaned your temples—which among you would not fly to arms?" - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
    Amalric from the sack of Béziers in 1209 during the Albigensian crusade: "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

14. Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    hell of it is - even if

get ready for major trouble in Atlanta - and send the "thank you notes" to the HNIC and that hippo OPRAH - and don't forget the black panthers walking the streets with their long guns just prior to election day.
    Oh the Irony, not 100% sure but pretty sure I read somewhere that she is extremely anti-gun as well, the kneegrow lack of forethought is really fascinating.
    Last edited by Fenwick Babbitt; 11-09-2018 at 07:18 AM.

[QUOTE=Sherrynboo;7076480]That bitch has no intention of conceding. She is evil to the core and she may yet be installed as our governor. Woe to this state if she is. I have already noticed a distinct aggressiveness of blacks in my local area while grocery shopping and at other stores. I have about decided not to even go in a Walmart again. They are rude and in your face for no apparent reason other than you happen to be white. One well dressed, older black woman almost ran me down with her cart while I was in Fresh market yesterday. It isn't like she didn't see me either. I have about reached my limit of rude disrespect. Florida isn't out of the woods either from what I heard on the radio today![/QUO

This new emboldened to be rude attitude is what you get when low-class people get ahold of power. We are in for it on all levels and many have already experienced it in dealings with local city and federal government employees. It is going to get worse.

Evil is evil and mean is mean and it doesn't matter what color it comes in.

As far as many Republican voters staying home...I don't think so, the lines were long. Of course there are always those who don't vote ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    hell of it is - even if

Oh the Irony, not 100% sure but pretty sure I read somewhere that she is extremely anti-gun as well, the kneegrow lack of forethought is really fascinating.
    The black panthers walking the streets with their long guns just prior to election day
    will be exempt and given permits for all guns. Her protectors don't ya know..

so,
    Im standing in line at the grocery store last night. Got a basket and it is busy
    Nig comes up and steps in front of me with his cart.
    I nudge him with mine and say the line is behind me.
    He glares and doesnt move.
    I push my cart around and in front of him again and just look at him.
    He does nothing but glare.

yeah the hate is comeing at full gallop