Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT FUNG RED ALERT #2: A RED LINE IS CROSSED...NATIONWIDE PROTESTS TO START ON THURSDAY AT 5 P.M.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FUNG RED ALERT #2: A RED LINE IS CROSSED...NATIONWIDE PROTESTS TO START ON THURSDAY AT 5 P.M.

This may be a progressive site....more than likely it is.....

https://www.commondreams.org

'A Red Line Crossed': Nationwide Protests Declared for Thursday at 5PM After Jeff Sessions Fired
    "Trump thought that by waiting until after the polls closed on Election Day, our voices would be silent. He was wrong."

byCommon Dreams staff

"Trump just put someone who has openly trashed Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation in charge of it," Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen, one of the advocacy groups behind the rapid-response demonstrations, explained in an emergency email Wednesday evening. Protests are planned for 5 PM on Thursday in cities nationwide. (Image: Public Citizen)

Breaking News... Check back for possible updates and added details...

Progressive organizations have announced coordinated protests to take place in cities and communities nationwide on Thurdsay, November 8th at 5 PM (local time) in the wake of President Donald Trump's firing of Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Right after Trump forced Sessions to resign, the White House announced that Matthew Whitaker—a DOJ official who has shown open hostility to the probe by Special Counsel Robert Mueller—would now serve as acting AG and be put in charge of the ongoing investigation.

"Trump just put someone who has openly trashed Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation in charge of it," Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen, one of the advocacy groups behind the rapid-response demonstrations, explained in an emergency email Wednesday evening. "Trump thought that by waiting until after the polls closed on Election Day, our voices would be silent. He was wrong."

Anna Galland, executive director for MoveOn.org, said: "This is a red line crossed, an attack on rule of law."

According to organizers:

This Thursday at 5 p.m. local time, Americans will rally at locations all across the country. Join them.

Find a protest near you.

Other groups— including March for Truth and Indivisible—tweeted out additional information:

"Two years ago we called on people to RESIST, and we saw people from all walks of life resisting policies and decisions that hurt ordinary people," Greenpeace USA executive director Annie Leonard said in a statement. "Now, we must build on that resistance and bring double the energy and double the hope to rebuild a country based on shared values of justice and equality. That's why we're encouraging people to join the Trump Is Not Above the Law network to protest tomorrow at 5 PM across the country."
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

Move On org is sponsoring one of these protests......
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

I find it amusingly ironic that the folks at MOVEON.ORG...simply can't.
    >>>>> On the Internet you can be anything you want. It's so strange that many people choose to be stupid. <<<<<

This may be a progressive site....more than likely it is.....

And funded by........wonder who?
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Ah>>>>they are now protesting that Sessions has been fired>>>>>two years ago they protested at his hiring, saying he was a "racist" and had a history of being in the Klan!!
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Be real funny if trump put Roy Moore in jeffy boi's job.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Roy Moore would NEVER get more than 30 confirmation "YES" votes and Donnie KNOWS that...

"Funny" would not be my choice of words.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

It will likely be snowing here around 5 pm with wind chills in the teens. I'm not concerned about any protests.

Any "protests" that must be scheduled and coordinated have been historically doomed to failure. Raucous, spontaneous outrage on the other hand has a reasonable chance to grow into a meaningful movement; however we've not seen one of those in a LONG time here in the U.S.

I really liked the "....an attack on the rule of law..." part. My God, these people are funny!
    My Mate Winston

"This is a red line crossed, an attack on rule of law."

That is rich considering the source

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    It will likely be snowing here around 5 pm with wind chills in the teens. I'm not concerned about any protests.

we are getting the same storm - and we are still dealing with leaves - it's going to be one of THOSE winters .....
    Illini Warrior

I found this link on a democrat forum to where over 900 planned protests are. https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.or...sponse/search/

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post
    Ah>>>>they are now protesting that Sessions has been fired>>>>>two years ago they protested at his hiring, saying he was a "racist" and had a history of being in the Klan!!
    Yeah, once they figured out he was going to be an absentee AG, and not start any trouble, he was ok. Now, there is a fear we might have someone in the AG position that will show up, and do their job. This is not good for the progressive agenda.

On a basic level, they want to tell "a boss" that he can't fire "an employee" for non performance of his job. Ridiculous.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    we are getting the same storm - and we are still dealing with leaves - it's going to be one of THOSE winters .....
    Oh yeah. Like that in Michigan too. I've got a bunch on the ground and plenty more on the trees, but here comes 1-2 inches of snow on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    Ditto. I quickly raked the leaves off the sidewalks and drive before I left this morning, and I'll do it again this afternoon, if necessary. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Yeah, what happened to the three weeks of dry, 50s weather that we usually get? It's been too wet for exterior painting. Usually I have from about Oct. 13 - now for outdoor work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Oh yeah. Like that in Michigan too. I've got a bunch on the ground and plenty more on the trees, but here comes 1-2 inches of snow on Friday.
    It's the same storm. We're all getting winter early this year.

Time to break out the Pink P hats.

As good a target designator as a blue helmet.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    It's the same storm. We're all getting winter early this year.
    What really frosts me is that we missed all the good weather this fall. There's supposed to be a couple weeks worth of daytime-high 70s in there between the summer hot and winter cold. This year the summer hot hung on into early October then the bottom fell out. I like those 70s because I can open the house up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    What really frosts me is that we missed all the good weather this fall.
    I know. That's what I wrote above. Maybe we'll get some bonus days in December. My deck is only half painted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    As good a target designator as a blue helmet.
    I've seen them in Iowa City but not in Des Moines.

Bttt

Preview of the next two years, folks. They can't wait to get started.
    The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace .

Well I can pretty much expect with a high certainty "protests" that are scheduled for Berkeley, SF, LA, Portland and or Seattle will occur and the mess that will be made will be epic......

One is scheduled for my town Nov. 22 at 5 pm. Hopefully, we'll have a severe thunderstorm roll through and wash them all away!

Tammy posted this today.

November 9, 1938 Nazis launch Kristallnacht.

Now 80 years later, this storm of new-age fascists plan their protests. Rachel Maddow even said 'its time to break some glass' on Twitter promoting this crap.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1060307327155363840

History never repeats, but it does rhyme.
    Welcome to the Year of the Dog. If you are gonna tangle with the big dogs you must be BIG DOG.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

Tulsa, OKC, Lawton...my route today and tomorrow.

I don't think they will blossom into anything of note, tho.

From what I saw, it would take some work to get to the protesters.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I invite all protesters to my place, the pups need new chew toys.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

According to the link, there will be a few within 5 miles of my location. I can be 'almost' be certain that it will be not destructive.

Our local law enforcement will be stationed at those area's to keep things somewhat orderly.

There may be many boisterous shouting out 'hate' regarding current events, but it won't be a major disruption other than where they are at.

We'll find out if I'm correct a few short hours from now.

Michael
    Last edited by michaelteever; 11-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen

Is this another evil joo?

If so they are numerous to say the least.

I have Jews in my family and they are not assholes like many I have seen in the news.

I for one am ready for some snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyOpal View Post
    I found this link on a democrat forum to where over 900 planned protests are. https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.or...sponse/search/
    Thanks for the link!

all the protests in Nebraska are sponsered by the same person, looks like they just picked the bigger citiies and said show up for a protest,

all the protests in Nebraska are sponsered by the same person

I hope your target folders have been updated appropriately.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

UNFORTUNATELY the "host(s)" are listed by first name and initial...
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Preview of the next two years, folks. They can't wait to get started.
    well that's quite fine by me - personally I can't wait to see their asses beat and bloodied and broken in piles on the street . . .
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by flying screwdriver View Post
    Tammy posted this today.

Now 80 years later, this storm of new-age fascists plan their protests. Rachel Maddow even said 'its time to break some glass' on Twitter promoting this crap.

ah yes - the MADCOW spreading her bullshit for all the disaffected victims of the evil white patriarchy
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    well that's quite fine by me - personally I can't wait to see their asses beat and bloodied and broken in piles on the street . . .

Ventilated... word for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by flying screwdriver View Post
    Tammy posted this today.

Real interesting comment out of Maddow.....