Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Reports of dozens shot at bar in CA
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Just saw a woman on faux news very emotional describing her son was at LV with friends but he was killed in this event. She said she wanted no more prayers but wanted gun control NOW.

She had a hyphenated name, which I don't remember. I feel bad if what she said is true. ATM, I got the impression of a crisis actor. jmo. Everyone is entitled to their own grief path. I hope the video clip ends up here. I'll try to dig it out later.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

There is video on this news story on 13 Action News Las Vegas
    and their link is taken from twitter-

http://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1060671145660141568
    (24 seconds)
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Thank you pops88

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/09/thousa...lling-revenge/

The shooter who terrorized college students at Borderline Bar & Grill was shockingly on social media as he shot a dozen people dead, and, based on what we now know, it sounds like they were revenge killings.

Law enforcement sources tell us Ian Long held a gun in one hand and his phone in the other, posting messages on his Instagram Story during Wednesday night's massacre.

Our sources say investigators discovered the messages on Long's page several hours after the shooting and contacted Instagram to delete his page. We don't know precisely what he was saying, but it appears he had a grudge he was carrying out.

A former classmate of Long's tells TMZ, Long was bullied in high school. She says his fellow students made fun of him because he had a lazy eye, and it affected him deeply. The classmate says a lot of those students go to that bar on Wednesday nights. She says he knew some of the people who teased him would be there.

We're told he was a regular at the bar, usually keeping to himself ... grabbing a beer and sitting at the bar.
    We didn't elect Trump for his decorum; We elected him for our survival!

Unarmed security is NO security.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Unarmed security is NO security.
    Yeah...It depends on the threat level....I'm getting a feeling that when I get back to work after the doctors clear me things are going to be "changing"....also Pelosi now saying gun control will be a priority for the Dems in the new Congress....

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Just saw a woman on faux news very emotional describing her son was at LV with friends but he was killed in this event. She said she wanted no more prayers but wanted gun control NOW.

She had a hyphenated name, which I don't remember. I feel bad if what she said is true. ATM, I got the impression of a crisis actor. jmo. Everyone is entitled to their own grief path. I hope the video clip ends up here. I'll try to dig it out later.

Yah... That woman needs to shut her screeching pie hole, as her grief doesn't get to override my rights.

Gun Control is partially responsible for her son's death, as BY LAW, he wasn't able to defend himself. Imposing more of the same legislative idiocy isn't going to solve the problem or bring her son back.

The answer to the problem is MORE GUNS, carried by every adult, all the time, freaking EVERYWHERE. There's a reason Idaho/Montana/Wyoming/etc don't have these kinds of problems.

It depends on the threat level

When the world is full of clinically insane people walking around loose, taking all manner of drugs willy nilly etc., the threat level is the same anywhere you go as far as I am concerned. Because anywhere YOU can go THEY can go too.

Thus my gate stays locked.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto

News Republic
    ‏Verified account @NewsRepublic
    5m5 minutes ago

#BREAKING: "I had no reason to do it." Thousand Oaks shooter made chilling posts on social media amid massacre

http://abc7.la/2FdpiZj

What Thousand Oaks shooting suspect posted to social media during massacre

Friday, November 09, 2018 02:00PM

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (KABC) --
    The gunman who killed 12 people at a country music bar in Thousand Oaks went on social media during the attack and posted about his mental state and whether people would believe he was sane, a law enforcement official said Friday.

Law enforcement sources who have been briefed on the Thousand Oaks mass shooting investigation tell ABC News that preliminary information indicates suspected gunman Ian David Long walked into the Borderline Bar & Grill, immediately shot a group of security guards and employees standing near the entrance, and then paused to text or post messages on social media. After a pause he then began shooting victims on the dance floor.

Long, a former machine gunner who served in Afghanistan, opened fire with a handgun in the attack, then apparently killed himself as scores of police officers closed in.

The sources say it is believed he was aware of the police response and was waiting for their arrival when he shot and killed Sgt Ron Helus.

Documents obtained by ABC News show Long posted on social media at 11:24 p.m. saying, "It's too bad I won't get to see all the illogical and pathetic reasons people will put in my mouth as to why I did it. Fact is I had no reason to do it, and I just thought... f***it, life is boring so why not?"

Then, at 11:27 p.m., he posted, "I hope people call me insane (2 smiley face emojis)...wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah... I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers'... or 'keep you in my thoughts'... every time... and wonder why these keep happening... (2 more smiley face emojis).

https://abc7.com/thousand-oaks-gunma...ttack/4655827/
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/...ted-defenders/

Massad Ayoob
    IT’S TIME FOR DESIGNATED DEFENDERS
    November 9, 2018

Another heart-breaking atrocity, blamed falsely on law-abiding gun owners: the massacre at the country-themed bar in Thousand Oaks, California, which had recently been named one of the three safest cities in America. The perpetrator: an honorably discharged Marine combat veteran who had been taught how to shoot people by the government.

And – why should this incident be different? – perpetrated in a gun-free zone, a/k/a hunting preserve for psychopathic murderers.

We are told there were half a dozen off duty cops in the bar when the shooting went down, and that none were carrying guns. It would be unfair to blame them for that. Cops are universally told not to carry their off-duty guns when they might be under the influence of alcohol, and consuming alcohol is what most folks go to bars for.

The murderer shot down the unarmed security man first. He was easy to spot, and “unarmed security” is really an oxymoron in a case like this. The first armed good guy through the door, SWAT-trained hero Sergeant Ron Helus, was murdered before he could engage: the coward apparently anticipated where responding officers would enter and was probably waiting for him in ambush.

By contrast, one or more unidentifiable patrons in the crowd, had they been competently armed, would have had the advantage of surprise and would almost certainly been able to neutralize the gunman before he could rack up anything like the death toll he did.

What’s the solution? I’m told that in California it’s illegal to carry a gun in a bar, period. In the more enlightened jurisdictions, it is legal to do so if the licensed carrier is not consuming alcohol himself. Which would naturally lend itself to a life-saving adaptation of the Designated Driver concept.

When I was a young patrolman in the early 1970s, I quickly learned that if I wasn’t answering calls for service, it was no trick to arrest at least one drunk driver a night, sometimes more. A decade later, as a training sergeant for another police department, I found it harder to find drunk drivers on the road, even during “prime time” right after the bars had closed. Twenty years after that, as a captain with a third agency and recently divorced, I would take Thanksgiving and Christmas shifts so another cop could have the holiday off with his family. In the old days, festive holidays were the most likely times to find drunk drivers on the road, but by then I could look all day or evening for one and come up dry.

Why? Society had wisely condemned drunk driving. “Friends don’t let friends drive drunk” had become the mantra, and Designated Drivers had come into vogue. It has undoubtedly saved a great many lives.

I submit that the time has come for the Designated Driver to be supplemented with the Designated Defender in bars, very likely the same person. That is, one sober member of the happy group, legal to carry and alert, armed and ready to interdict a monster like the one who carried out the cowardly massacre in Thousand Oaks.

“Friends don’t let friends drive drunk.” Designated Driver!

“Friends don’t let friends die helpless.” Designated Defender!

It’s time.

It would make more sense if the people who are calling for gun control would call for the reinstatement of mental hospitals, and then if mental health people made sure that as many of the insane as possible were locked up.

And like someone else said, they are NOT going to take away my ability to protect myself and my family.

Kathleen

Massad Ayoob's idea of a designated defender is a good one, too, but that person should have at least some training.
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

so he was shooting people with one hand and posting to social media with the other? how is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Breeta View Post
    so he was shooting people with one hand and posting to social media with the other? how is that possible?
    Nobody made a move to stop him.

Man the MSM is playing this to the hilt.

AMAZING
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Nobody made a move to stop him.
    well they might have tried to stop him but he shot them. i guess maybe he posted while everyone was running away and he was waiting for the cops to get there? maybe i missed the timeline. i got distracted by the fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post

Well I say f//k people like this and the way they think.

JMHO
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Ask a teenager how to drive and post, it’s apparently not too hard.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

He's a Marine. The one thing they know how to do well is shoot a gun!
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......

Mom in video says she doesn't want thoughts and prayers, and his Instagram mentions specifically thoughts and prayers. So was his mom aware of his Instagram messages? And his comment-
    "and wonder why these keep happening...."
    Interesting...almost sounds like they colluded on the gun control angel.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by pops88 View Post
    Mom in video says she doesn't want thoughts and prayers, and his Instagram mentions specifically thoughts and prayers. So was his mom aware of his Instagram messages? And his comment-
    Where is the perp's body?

When is the funeral?

Does this have that "grassy knoll" smell?

Quote Originally Posted by pops88 View Post
    She's not the perp's mother, she's one of the victims' mothers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/us/ca...rol/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    She's not the perp's mother, she's one of the victims' mothers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/us/ca...rol/index.html
    From the link mzkitty provided:

At a music festival last year in Las Vegas, Telemachus Orfanos survived the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.
    Thirteen months later, the Navy veteran was caught in the throes of another massacre at a bar in California. This time, the 27-year-old didn't survive.
    Looks like Telemachus was a magnet for such things.

Extremely odd coincidence.
    Last edited by vestige; 11-10-2018 at 12:13 AM.

My bad. Never mind.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post

Does this have that "grassy knoll" smell?
    Perhaps it was planned, but I’m 2 degrees from someone with bullet fragments in their face from this event.

The fact that it happened does not mean that there may not have been a driving force. The fact that there is solid explanation for overlap with Vegas does not prevent a driving force. It happened. The overlap is obvious to those who know the local country scene.

If Sandy Hook was a hoax, “they” learned that the bodies need to be real.

The biggest "Hummm...." factor IMHO is we've got two mass shootings in the space of a year where both shooters had repeated police contacts that included the declination of placing the future shooters on psych holds....

Well here's another "HummmÖ." from Friday that got lost in the shuffle.....

For links see article source.....
    Posted for fair use.....
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...lkie-says.html

Ex-Marine Gunman Never Sought Help from VA, Wilkie Says

9 Nov 2018
    Military.com | By Richard Sisk

The Marine veteran of Afghanistan blamed for a killing rampage that left 12 dead in a California bar never sought help from the Department of Veterans Affairs for post-traumatic stress or any other mental condition, VA Secretary Robert Wilkie said Friday.

However, he said the shootings late Wednesday in Thousand Oaks, California, at the Borderline Bar & Grill suggest the department needs to do more outreach to troubled veterans.

"The veteran in question was not in the VA system, so we don't know what his status was, what his mental condition was," Wilkie said following an address at the National Press Club on his first 100 days in office.

He was responding to a question on President Donald Trump's remarks earlier Friday calling Ian David Long, a 28-year-old former Marine corporal, a "very sick puppy" who was probably suffering from PTSD after deployment to a combat zone.
    Wilkie said he had no information on Long's condition, but noted he is working with the Pentagon to "try to catch the signs" of mental health problems "before a veteran leaves the service."

He cited VA figures showing that about 20 veterans take their own lives daily, and 14 of those never asked the VA for help. "We have to get those people into our system," Wilkie said. "I need help in finding our veterans who are not in our system" and may be suffering from PTSD or traumatic brain injury.

Earlier, Trump said on the White House lawn before departing for Paris to attend World War I centennial events that Long was "a very sick puppy. He's a very, very sick guy."

"Not too many people knew about it but, now that they're looking, they're starting to see he had a lot of problems, a lot of trouble," Trump said of Long, who apparently killed himself after opening fire on bar patrons with a handgun.

California authorities have yet to establish a motive for the shootings or say that Long had a mental condition, but Trump indicated that he might have been a veteran who came home troubled after a deployment.

"Look, it is a problem. It is a disastrous problem," he said, according to videos posted by several news outlets. "It makes you sick to look at it. But he was a very, very mentally ill person."

Trump said that post-traumatic stress may have been a factor in the shootings.

"Well, he was a war veteran. He was a Marine. He served time; he saw some pretty bad things," he said. "And a lot of people say he had the PTSD, and that's a tough deal."

Trump did not cite sources for his claims about Long's mental health.

-- Richard Sisk can be reached at Richard.Sisk@Military.com.

From HC's post right above.

California authorities have yet to establish a motive for the shootings or say that Long had a mental condition, but Trump indicated that he might have been a veteran who came home troubled after a deployment.

But he DID have a motive -- he thought life was boring.

I wonder if he's now bored in Hell.