Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

LEGAL Michigan voters legalize recreational marijuana
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    good reasons to grow your own:

you control everything so you know what is used and how it is grown and nothing you don't want to ingest is used.

it keeps the price down massively.

you can grow what you want and not have to be subject to what is available.

reasons to buy it instead of growing your own:

the smell

the work/time/money/ involved

as was said, not everyone has a green thumb

as with any crop, stuff happens, and you can lose the whole thing

the space needed to grow indoors and outdoors may not be available

so many more options when you buy vs growing and you can try new things
    Good points. But don't you figure there will be so many people growing it that the $200 an ounce figure won't fly?

Colorado, via People's Republic of New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Good points. But don't you figure there will be so many people growing it that the $200 an ounce figure won't fly?
    you can buy top notch, 30%+ THC, safe-tested by labs, for less than $75/ounce out-the-door all day long here in Colorado.

Colorado hasn't seen $200 ounces for over 2 years; economic laws of supply and demand are alive and well.
    " 'cause we'll put a boot up your ass, it's the American way".

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

200.00 is a very low price for good stuff, write now it is minium of ten dollars a gram which is 280.00 a ounce for what is being sold around here, some people charge more per gram.

And like both of us have said most people can't grow any thing, and pot is a very hard plant to grow and get something out of it.
    So know most people at first will try and grow their own and then they will realize they can't grow it.

JUST SAYING.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by mbabulldog View Post
    you can buy top notch, 30%+ THC, safe-tested by labs, for less than $75/ounce out-the-door all day long here in Colorado.

Colorado hasn't seen $200 ounces for over 2 years; economic laws of supply and demand are alive and well.
    Really that's good price, but around here it is around 280.00 a ounce for top shelf stuff.

I would think the same thing will happen here in a couple years to.
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

yup. it is the natural progression when an item becomes more readily available. that SHOULD be expected and factored into one's equations. but just because the price comes down does not mean you would not be making money. this is where the other benefits of buying vs growing come into play. some people just don't want to deal with the hassle so they buy. just like eggs, or a garden. sure, you can grow your own, but some people have no time or inclination to do so, so they buy.

as far as the seller, this is also when one would start branching out into unusual strains, specialty products and ancillary items. if you grow, you can start breeding special strains for specific purposes. if you are the breeder and grower and you create something that customers want but cannot get, then you can charge what you want.
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    yup. it is the natural progression when an item becomes more readily available. that SHOULD be expected and factored into one's equations. but just because the price comes down does not mean you would not be making money. this is where the other benefits of buying vs growing come into play. some people just don't want to deal with the hassle so they buy. just like eggs, or a garden. sure, you can grow your own, but some people have no time or inclination to do so, so they buy.

as far as the seller, this is also when one would start branching out into unusual strains, specialty products and ancillary items. if you grow, you can start breeding special strains for specific purposes. if you are the breeder and grower and you create something that customers want but cannot get, then you can charge what you want.

DAM I like the way you think.

And this is my plan.

I'm THRILLED!
    Now we have to work on getting the federal government to take marijuana off the schedule one (no medicinal value) drug list.
    It's ridiculous that it's still on there.
    "There is only one success....
    to be able to spend your life in your own way."
    Christopher Morley

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    pot is a very hard plant to grow
    I beg to differ! It's a weed! (HA!)

No, seriously, we had it growing back of the sheep barn. Dumb roommate used to smoke out there and dumped his seeds. A bunch of them sprouted, and I spent the rest of the summer trying to weed weed.

The stuff grows like . . . weeds!

This was outside of Lansing, MI. We had poppies, too. That's a tale for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I beg to differ! It's a weed! (HA!)

No, seriously, we had it growing back of the sheep barn. Dumb roommate used to smoke out there and dumped his seeds. A bunch of them sprouted, and I spent the rest of the summer trying to weed weed.

The stuff grows like . . . weeds!

This was outside of Lansing, MI. We had poppies, too. That's a tale for another day.
    That’s very true, but wild weed is notoriously low in THC and not worth smoking especially if you can buy top shelf stuff retail.

I don't smoke (or otherwise use) pot. I smoked it a bit in my teens and frankly, didn't really like the buzz. My vices tended more towards - in no particular order - motorcycles, ladies and beer. I'm nearly 62 now, so figure there's little chance of me suddenly developing a marijuana habit. With all that said, The War On Drugs (WOD) has been the most corrupting, unconstitutional and stupid government exercise in this country's history. It's high (no pun intended) time that states across the nation began to return to sanity by ditching the abominable WOD. Legalizing marijuana is a good start. I better understand leftists supporting the WOD than supposed conservatives. After all, the left always considers big government and and sweeping regulations to be The Answer. It is conservatives who - supposedly - want minimal government intrusion in their personal and financial lives and who decry government regulation. Er, until they find a particular demon which they suddenly believe requires government intervention.

We saw this with the Women's Christian Temperance Union and the Anti-Saloon League (both decidedly "conservative" groups) before Prohibition and we see it now with the Left's zealous attempts to eliminate or greatly restrict firearms rights. The commonality here is the reversion to belief in Big Government to solve problems. Too many conservatives, who supposedly are more reasoned and logical than their emotion-based enemies on the Left, commit philosophical hari kari when it comes to the drug question.

You can't be against Big Government, friends, when you invite it into your personal lives to regulate your conduct and punish you for infractions!

Best regards
    Doc

Well said Doc1, most Americans support legalization of marijuana in this day and age. The main obstacle remaining, in my opinion, is corrupt government officials and law enforcement agencies that make money off the war on drugs. Legally and illegally. How much is spent every year just to fund the DEA? That’s money that could be spent better elsewhere, like on infrastructure as mentioned earlier by Blacknarwhale.

Quote Originally Posted by samus79 View Post
    Well said Doc1, most Americans support legalization of marijuana in this day and age. The main obstacle remaining, in my opinion, is corrupt government officials and law enforcement agencies that make money off the war on drugs. Legally and illegally. How much is spent every year just to fund the DEA? Thatís money that could be spent better elsewhere, like on infrastructure as mentioned earlier by Blacknarwhale.

yes
    yes
    yes
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by samus79 View Post
    Well said Doc1, most Americans support legalization of marijuana in this day and age. The main obstacle remaining, in my opinion, is corrupt government officials and law enforcement agencies that make money off the war on drugs. Legally and illegally. How much is spent every year just to fund the DEA? Thatís money that could be spent better elsewhere, like on infrastructure as mentioned earlier by Blacknarwhale.
    YEP for sure

I haven't read the whole Michigan law, but I did read that you are allowed to have a maximum of 10 ounces of dried product in your house for personal use. Is that for each adult in the household? Probably. I hadn't heard that they allow 12 plants grown for personal use, as most States that allow cultivation, limit it to three mature plants, and three starter plants. I don't think you can even gift any to another person, so selling it is just as illegal as it was the day before yesterday, and probably means a felony and several years at Summer Camp where you get three hots and a cot and all the sex you can stand.

Now we have to work on getting the federal government to take marijuana off the schedule one (no medicinal value) drug list.

Well, with Sessions gone (BOTH OF THEM) that might be easier now.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

Well, with Sessions gone (BOTH OF THEM) that might be easier now.
    Marijuana Industry Gets High as Jeff Sessions Resigns

The cannabis industry is celebrating the resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday afternoon.
    Sessions resigned at the request of President Donald Trump. Though his resignation had no connection to drug policy, Sessions was known favor strong enforcement of existing federal laws against marijuana, and Trump was said before the election to be preparing new federal rules to allow states to set their own policies on marijuana.

A press release from Nisonco, which handles public relations for the cannabis industry, included celebratory quotes:

Derek Peterson, CEO of Terra Tech: “Attorney General Jeff Sessions has been an impediment to the growth of the regulated cannabis industry. We believe we are at a tipping point nationally in terms of voter sentiment, as well as support from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle. With Pete Sessions being voted out and Jeff Sessions resigning, the corridor is now open to accelerate a states rights approach to regulating the cannabis industry.”

Isaac Dietrich, CEO of MassRoots: “We believe it’s increasingly likely Congress could take action to regulate and tax cannabis at the federal level.

We expect the perceived risks related to the cannabis industry to continue to dissipate, which could lead to a shift of institutional capital and interest from Canadian licensed producers to companies focused on the regulated United States market.

As a technology company with exposure to multiple states’ regulated cannabis markets, we believe MassRoots and its shareholders are in a strong position to benefit from these events.”

Dustin Iannotti, Co-founder/Chief Creative Officer of Artisans on Fire: “Jeff Sessions once said, “Good people don’t smoke marijuana.” I say, “Good people aren’t forced to resign from their job.” Sessions has been an earache to the cannabis industry since he took his position in Washington, and I think I speak for the industry when I say his resignation is long overdue and widely applauded. Here’s to continued forward progress for the industry.”

Frank Lane, President of CFN Media: “The resignation of Jeff Sessions marks another key turning point for the cannabis industry, removing a key obstructionist to cannabis reform from the Justice Department. Many cannabis stocks have already surged following the news in hopes that the resignation will usher in a change to federal cannabis policy, including passage of the STATES Act. We are cautiously optimistic ahead of the appointment of a new Attorney General.”

Jeffrey M. Zucker, President of Green Lion Partners: “Jeff Sessions and his ignorance leaving office is a definite win for cannabis patients, the movement, and the fight to end the drug war and its racially disparate enforcement as a whole. It’s a win for social justice and equality to have this close-minded individual out of such an impactful office. We’ll have to wait and see how Matthew Whitaker approaches cannabis, but it can’t get much worse than Sessions, and hopefully this is the start of some federal progress and protection for those participating in cannabis in the many states that have enacted laws. President Trump has seemed amenable to making cannabis a states-rights issue, and it wouldn’t surprise me if we see changes to that effect on the federal level in the near future.”

Khurram Malik, CEO of Biome Grow: “AG Session’s anti-cannabis rhetoric was a lot stronger than any other part of the federal government including congress and the White House. And quite a few things he announced were inconsistent with other parts of the government. Ultimately most of his anti cannabis rhetoric and attempted policies did not have a granular impact. The hope is that there will a lot less confusion and distracting noise coming out of the AG’s office on a go forward basis.

We also still expect the White House to move forward with legalizing medical cannabis at the federal level before the 2020 elections and having an AG that is on board with that would be helpful for all.”

Charlie Finnie, Chief Strategy Officer of MariMed Inc.: “Although we wish Mr. Sessions well, he was woefully out of step with the American people with regard to the myriad health and wellness benefits of cannabis. When the Republican ex-speaker of the House John Boehner writes an Op-Ed piece entitled “Cannabis Should be Legalized,” that tells you all you need to know.”

George Archos, CEO of Verano Holdings: “Yesterday’s election results send a clear message that more Americans want access to medical or adult use cannabis because they have taken the time to get educated about cannabis’ proven health benefits. Former AG Sessions and other government officials lose credibility by maintaining that cannabis has no medicinal value when our own FDA has approved a cannabis derived drug for treating epilepsy.

President Trump has repeatedly stated he will protect state’s rights relative to cannabis and more recently, he stated he is exploring ending the prohibition on cannabis. We are optimistic that a new Attorney General will take President Trump’s cue and quickly reinstate the Cole memo to end ambiguity regarding state’s rights in this matter. Additionally, we hope the new Attorney General will determine that it is not wise to spend tax dollars on incarcerating thousands of people for marijuana convictions, when cannabis has been proven to be safer than the alcohol found in almost every American household.”

Wil Ralston, President of SinglePoint: “Jeff Sessions’ resignation could be a huge event for the cannabis industry, since Sessions has openly been against the industry and used his powers to slow the growth. It will be interesting to see who fills the position and how they utilize the power for this booming industry. One of the biggest potentials here is opening up access to banking, which would be monumental for ancillary service providers like us.”

More states are legalizing medical and recreational marijuana, as the drug has achieved increasing public tolerance.

The legal cannabis market was worth $7 billion in 2016, and is expected to near $150 billion by 2025.
    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...sions-resigns/
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Ragnarok

Thanks for the read it is good news, it is time as far as pot is concerned to stop wasting money on the war on drugs.

I live in a small mid Michigan town that had medical mj legal already. We had 6 investors come into this town and buy up a lot of the vacant buildings. So far we have 3 stores selling. Over 90+ licenses to grow were issued. There are greenhouses all over growing already and I heard up on 23 there will be open growing on a few acres. Now that recreational mj is legal I suspect more will open. I think there might be danger down the road of the pot businesses getting over saturated and some will fail. Not initially though. I heard Canada was having a hard time keeping supplied and there were long lines of customers. We're close enough to Canada that I think some will be shipped out. If it is profitable and the big box stores or pharmacies get in eventually the prices will come way down. Imagine buying pot at your local Walgreens or Walmart. I will say the buildings that were bought up were fixed up nice and aren't such eyesores. The town was attracted to all the tax dollars they will bring in I'm sure. Who knows maybe some townsmen were paid off to pass it. It was kept kind of quiet till it was almost a done deal.

Where are these mythical top shelf $75 ounces? Here on the western slope $120 is the best you'll see, and that's for the bottom shelf. Aspen dispensaries are trying to peddle $300 ounces, and it's the tiniest of popcorn nugs. Personally I find the colorado economy extremely overpriced and tend to go local market when my season is dry.
    ďOne cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda.Ē -- General Douglas MacArthur

Lets go with the best case growing results.

So their are 3 21 year olds in my house that's 36 plants at two pounds per plant =72lbs x 28 ounces per pound = around 2000 ounces x 200.00 per ounce = 400,000.

WOW pretty good for a summers worth of work, even if the Gov. takes half for taxes still pretty good deal.
    Get your calculator back out a pound is 16 ounces
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

So their are 3 21 year olds in my house that's 36 plants at two pounds per plant =72lbs x 28 ounces per pound = around 2000 ounces x 200.00 per ounce = 400,000.

WOW pretty good for a summers worth of work, even if the Gov. takes half for taxes still pretty good deal.
    That my friend sounds like a "pipe" dream. If anyone over 21 can grow their own you won't see close to $200 an ounce. More like $20.

Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Get your calculator back out a pound is 16 ounces

O shit you are wright, I was to excited I guess.
    Last edited by dogmanan; 11-09-2018 at 10:50 AM.

So their are 3 21 year olds in my house that's 36 plants at two pounds per plant =72lbs x 16 ounces per pound = around 1152 ounces x 200.00 per ounce = 230,400

Medic pointed out what a dum ass I was with my adding, I fixed it .

I bet a lot of people like buying my 28 ounce pounds, dam that was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHippie View Post
    Where are these mythical top shelf $75 ounces? Here on the western slope $120 is the best you'll see, and that's for the bottom shelf. Aspen dispensaries are trying to peddle $300 ounces, and it's the tiniest of popcorn nugs. Personally I find the colorado economy extremely overpriced and tend to go local market when my season is dry.
    so to remain objective and nonpartisan, I won't state the name of my company, but we sell for that price. if you hold a medical (red) card, you can find it even cheaper because of the savings on sales tax.

if you want an unbiased gauge of prices, look at leafbuyer.com, leafly.com, iheartjane.com, cannasaver.com. if that doesn't satisfy your needs, then google is your friend.

$300 ounce weed in Aspen; your sentence explained it for you. go back to Glenwood Springs and do some shopping, and you can find flower for a LOT cheaper.
    Last edited by mbabulldog; 11-09-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Yogizorch View Post
    That my friend sounds like a "pipe" dream. If anyone over 21 can grow their own you won't see close to $200 an ounce. More like $20.
    Admittedly, though, that's still good. Even only 1,000 ounces at $20 an ounce is a light year's pay out here in many places.

Admittedly, though, that's still good. Even only 1,000 ounces at $20 an ounce is a light year's pay out here in many places.
    That's below cost of production for all but the largest, scaled, indoor growers. Good greenhouse bud is about $450/lb COGS. Indoor grow is about $650 COGS, because you're paying a HUGE nut to the utility companies.

I've yet to see any quality outdoor Colorado flower that I would sell in that form; outdoor bud goes to concentrate processing.

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Yogizorch View Post

You people crack me up.

Most people can't grow shit on a every year basis.

Dam their will never be enough people growing it to bring the price down to 20.00 a ounce, that to me is a pipe dream.

Maybe that 20.00 dollars a ounce is for Mexican ditch weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Majik View Post
    I'm THRILLED!
    It's ridiculous that it's still on there.

Yes it is I agree totally.
    The hell with the croked feds they suck and need to be gone with.

JMHO