Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG James ‘Whitey’ Bulger killed at prison in West Virginia
+ Reply to Thread

James ‘Whitey’ Bulger killed at prison in West Virginia

By The Boston Globe updated at 1:00 PM

James “Whitey” Bulger, in a June 23, 2011, booking photo. —U.S. Marshals Service via AP, File
    Notorious Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was killed Tuesday at a West Virginia prison, according to two people briefed on the situation.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The WV News website reported that a male inmate was slain overnight at the maximum security prison where Bulger was being held. A union official said a man had been killed, but he didn’t know who.

https://www.boston.com/news/national...irginia-prison
    It is sunny here in Arizona :)

Gee. It's a shame it was only a MAXIMUM SECURITY prison.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

He was an old man. Easy pickins.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    True enough !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Whitey didn't care if they killed him, he was real old and had lived his life, but they sure do have long memories.......

*snip*

Three people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said a fellow inmate with Mafia ties was being investigated for the slaying of the 89-year-old Bulger at the US Penitentiary Hazelton.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...RAI/story.html
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

WBZ | CBS Boston News
    ‏Verified account @wbz
    9m9 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Official confirmation from the Bureau of Prisons on the death of Whitey Bulger.
    Attached Images

He had been there one day.

Somebody arranged this run of bad luck for him.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    He had been there one day.

Somebody arranged this run of bad luck for him.
    That's a chilling certainty...
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmoley View Post

By The Boston Globe updated at 1:00 PM

James “Whitey” Bulger, in a June 23, 2011, booking photo. —U.S. Marshals Service via AP, File
    Notorious Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger was killed Tuesday at a West Virginia prison, according to two people briefed on the situation.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The WV News website reported that a male inmate was slain overnight at the maximum security prison where Bulger was being held. A union official said a man had been killed, but he didn’t know who.

https://www.boston.com/news/national...irginia-prison
    Er... that sure isnt a *2011 booking photo*! Sheesh... do reporters ever even look at what they're writing? Looks like the pic was from 1953.... he would have been about 34.

I wonder what young gangster decided to make his prison rep by killing the old guy?

Summerthyme

This is an interesting development. Robert Mueller and his pit bull Andrew Weissmann have a connection to Whitey Bulger according to some comments I have heard on Hannity. As Dan Bongino always says "remember the names".
    Sara Carter wrote about this earlier this year if anyone has time to do some searches. I need to get back to work..

Whitey Bulger
    James Joseph "Whitey" Bulger Jr. was an Irish-American former organized crime boss of the Winter Hill Gang in Boston, Massachusetts. Federal prosecutors indicted Bulger for nineteen murders based on grand jury testimony from Kevin Weeks and other former associates. Wikipedia
    Born: September 3, 1929, Boston, MA
    Died: October 30, 2018
    Spouse: Lindsey Cyr (m. 1966–1978)
    Siblings: William Bulger, Jean Holland, John P. Bulger
    Children: Douglas Glenn Cyr
    Nicknames: Whitey, Jimmy

He was 89, he lived his life.

https://www.google.com/search?source...13.tFcCUj7fbEA
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    This is an interesting development. Robert Mueller and his pit bull Andrew Weissmann have a connection to Whitey Bulger according to some comments I have heard on Hannity. As Dan Bongino always says "remember the names".
    Sara Carter wrote about this earlier this year if anyone has time to do some searches. I need to get back to work..
    Here's a bunch of links for that:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sara...nt=firefox-b-1

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Er... that sure isnt a *2011 booking photo*! Sheesh... do reporters ever even look at what they're writing? Looks like the pic was from 1953.... he would have been about 34.

I wonder what young gangster decided to make his prison rep by killing the old guy?

Summerthyme
    That picture was from me, Summerthyme and not the online article.
    It is sunny here in Arizona :)

James ‘‘Whitey’’ Bulger, the murderous Boston gangster who benefited from a corrupt relationship with the FBI before spending 16 years as one of America’s most wanted men, died in federal prison. He was 89.

Sounds like the FBI has had a problem for a while......
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmoley View Post
    That picture was from me, Summerthyme and not the online article.
    Yeah..and the AP blurb has it titled "2011 booking photo"... in 2011, Bulger would have been 82. Pretty well preserved in those pics if the date was close to right!

Not busting your chops about it... it's just, when I glanced at the pic, (and at that point, not having any idea how old the guy was now) my first thought was, "interesting... he was still dressing like a 1940s gangster in the 21st century?"

It seems none of our intrepid reporters (I guess they're actually just propagandists and copyists these days) have the slightest intellectual curiosity or even the basic ability to question even obvious anomalies or discrepencies.

Nothing to do with the story... sorry for the thread drift.

Summerthyme

Poop happens!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    Poop happens!
    Particularly when you consider the amount of it he generated both before and after he was a Fed CI....

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Particularly when you consider the amount of it he generated both before and after he was a Fed CI....
    Yeah, figgered it took em long enuf...

"Snitches get ditches" kind f thing.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Had to look the place up and it's located in Preston country the country has a population of about 33,000.

I did not know about this prison and there is a rally big one in Huntsville.

Obvious inside job. Then again he was an informant and gangster types do not like rats.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    Well yes, the mafia/Mafioso is alive and well...goobermint connections? Oh yes.

I see this as a harbinger...and that the organization is sending a message of sorts to old, er, long-standing member(s).
    Psalm 16:11 (NKJV) You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

The early news says it's most likely that he was beaten to death by 2 men who went into his cell. Oh, and they pretty much gouged his eyes out.

Fotios "Freddy" Geas eyed as a possible killer. Currently incarcerated at Hazelton.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...TiL/story.html

Not pix in article (pix protection) but Freddy and Whitey.
    Fotios “Freddy” Geas — Mafia hitman, career criminal, prison lifer — did not like informants, and was almost certainly well aware of the fact that Bulger had led a charmed life for a long time as an informant for the FBI.
    Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Oh, and they pretty much gouged his eyes out.

Bulger's eyes a-bulging

Start of a new Irish limerick?
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    True dat:
    Attached Images
    How is it you really LOVE others whether friend, enemy, family or stranger, if you do not care or do something to find out if they are saved, going to heaven or hell and attempt to share the gospel of Jesus with them? We will account for how we stewarded the gospel of Jesus.

Political Reporter
    ‏ @PolitReporter
    36m36 minutes ago

Bulger slaying suspect's brother says families had bad blood, but never crossed paths
    http://bit.ly/2zodugI
    #Politics #News #World #PoliticsToday #Breaking #Political #USA #RT #politicalreporter

Nov 3, 2018

Paul J. DeCologero, who has emerged as a suspect in the murder of James “Whitey” Bulger, never crossed paths with the notorious Boston gangster before his arrival at a West Virginia prison this week, but there was bad blood between their families, DeCologero’s brother said Friday.

In a telephone interview, Derek Munro initially said DeCologero, his older brother, had “no motive” to kill Bulger.

“I don’t think Paul did it,” he said. “No way.”

But hours later, Munro said his uncle, Paul A. DeCologero, had just called him from the Kentucky prison where he is serving a life sentence for murder and claimed that Bulger once had a contract to kill members of the DeCologero family.

“Whitey and my brother never personally interacted, but my uncle said there’s an issue, that at one point Bulger had a contract” on the uncle and his family, Munro said. “It still doesn’t make me think he had a motive to kill him.”

Inmates at Bulger’s prison were known to use padlocks

The Federal Bureau of Prisons was urged last month to remove combination locks from all cells at the USP Hazelton prison in West Virginia where James “Whitey” Bulger was killed.

Paul J. DeCologero was a member of the so-called DeCologero Crew, headed by his uncle, Paul A. DeCologero. Members of the crew robbed rival drug dealers and in 1996 killed and dismembered 19-year-old Aislin Silva because they feared she was going to cooperate with authorities.

Paul A. DeCologero could not be reached for comment, and the cause of the bad blood between Bulger and the DeCologeros is not clear.

Munro said his brother, who is serving a 25-year sentence for racketeering and a conspiracy that led to the 1996 murder of Silva, has three children and is looking forward to his release in 2026. The other suspect in Bulger’s killing, Fotios “Freddy” Geas, a Mafia hitman from West Springfield, is serving a life sentence for two murders.

Federal authorities suspect that DeCologero, a member of a feared North Shore organized crime group, and Geas savagely beat Bulger to death in his cell Tuesday morning with a padlock stuffed in a sock, according to two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the matter. The attack occurred within 11 hours of Bulger’s arrival at the US Penitentiary Hazelton in West Virginia.

Surveillance video captured DeCologero, 44, of Lowell, and Geas, 51, entering Bulger’s cell around 6 a.m., several law enforcement sources said. Bulger was found badly beaten in his cell about two hours later.

Law enforcement officials said Geas has admitted he attacked Bulger, but claims he acted alone. Both men remain on lockdown. No charges have been filed.

“Maybe I could see him walking into the cell because anybody could do that, but I can’t see him beating him,” said Munro, 41, who lives in Malden. “My brother is not like that.”

Christopher Bator, the now-retired prosecutor who won the DeCologeros’ convictions, said Paul J. DeCologero “knowingly participated in acts and events involving significant [violence], including robberies where the victims were tied up and severely beaten.”

He said DeCologero was “not the lead guy, but he was there and he participated. He was always a follower.”

Bulger’s slaying has raised questions about why US Bureau of Prisons officials transferred Bulger, 89, from Florida to Hazelton, where two other inmates were slain in recent months, and placed him in the prison’s general population with other inmates with Massachusetts organized crime ties.

“I think the feds wanted to set up and kill Whitey,” Munro said. “I think the feds are a co-conspirator because they sent him there. It was deliberate and intentional. They knew what they were doing.”

Munro said his brother had no ties to Bulger, a longtime FBI informant serving a life sentence for participating in 11 murders while running a sprawling criminal enterprise from the 1970s through the 1990s. Bulger arrived at the federal prison Monday night.

Munro said he sent his brother an e-mail earlier this week to tell him that their grandfather was in hospice and might not live much longer. He said DeCologero e-mailed him back at 10:51 p.m. Monday, saying he would try to call but that prison officials were not letting inmates use the phones.

https://politicalreporter.net/2018/1...crossed-paths/

So, BoP apparebtly played Pass The Trash with Bulger...
    ==========================

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot...oking-bad.html

Thursday, November 8, 2018
    The Whitey Bulger murder: looking bad for the Bureau of Prisons

I'm sure readers are aware of the murder of 89-year-old convict Whitey Bulger at a Federal high-security penitentiary in West Virginia. That was bad enough, and his death has highlighted some serious errors in the way the prison handled his admission. (You'll recall that I was a chaplain at a Federal high-security penitentiary, and know how these things should be done. From what I've read, they were not handled correctly at all.)

Now comes new information that - if true - makes the Bureau of Prisons look even more guilty of serious errors in handling the late Mr. Bulger.

Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger’s medical classification was suddenly and inexplicably changed to suggest his health had improved, leading to his transfer to the West Virginia prison where he was murdered last week, US Bureau of Prisons records show.

. . .

A Bureau of Prisons official who is familiar with Bulger’s treatment said the Florida prison considered Bulger a nuisance and wanted to transfer him.

“They lowered his care level to get rid of him,” said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the case.

That official said he did not believe the intent was to get Bulger killed. But he acknowledged that sending Bulger to Hazelton and immediately placing him in the general population was negligent and amounted to “a death penalty.”

Sandy Parr, who works at a federal medical facility and is president of a union representing federal prison workers, said the Bureau of Prisons regularly changes medical classifications “even though they shouldn’t” to move troublesome inmates.

Prison records reviewed by the Globe show that prison authorities deemed Bulger’s medical treatment was complete. But, Parr said, “no one with his [medical] history would ever have medical care completed.”

A Bureau of Prisons spokesman on Tuesday declined to answer questions about why Bulger’s medical classification was changed, saying, “We are not releasing any information due to the ongoing investigation.”

But beyond Bulger’s classification being changed to allow his transfer to Hazelton, questions remain about why officials at Hazelton allowed Bulger to be placed in the prison’s general population, which included several organized crime figures from Massachusetts who would have been familiar with Bulger and might pose a danger to him.

As the Globe reported last week, two of those figures, Fotios “Freddy” Geas, a Mafia hit man from West Springfield serving life for two gangland murders, and Paul J. DeCologero, who was part of a Mafia-aligned group who murdered and dismembered a 19-year-old Medford woman, are now suspects in Bulger’s murder.

. . .

Several law enforcement officials say they can’t understand why Bulger wasn’t initially placed in isolation at Hazelton until officials there could determine whether he would be safe in general population. Bulger’s lawyer, J.W. Carney Jr., said placing Bulger in the general population in Hazelton amounted to a “death penalty.”

There's more at the link.

This is really serious stuff. Two other inmates were murdered at USP Hazelton in separate incidents earlier this year, and ongoing violence threatens the safety of both staff and inmates there. A union official has spoken out about it publicly, and from my own experience of such events, I'm more than willing to believe him. Even worse, several inmates there had known Mafia connections, and could have been expected (and predicted) to act against Bulger if he ended up there. Who dropped the ball? Who failed to make the connection? Even worse, did someone deliberately arrange to have Mr. Bulger admitted to general population, in the expectation that something like this would happen to him? That sounds way far-fetched . . . but we're dealing with the worst of the worst in criminal society here. A quick check of court records across the country will reveal all too many cases where bribes or other pressures have influenced corrections staff illegally. (I wrote about some of them in my book.)

I figure the staff at USP Hazelton will be walking very, very carefully right now, and looking over their shoulders. That institution is under a law enforcement microscope. It's going to be very uncomfortable for all those working there, and probably career-ending for some of them - if not worse. I'm also pretty sure that lawsuits will follow. Prison authorities are legally responsible for the inmates incarcerated there - in loco parentis, to use the legal term. They clearly failed in those responsibilities in the Bulger case, and possibly the other murders there this year too. I'm sure lawyers already have dollar signs in their eyes over that.

Peter

Posted by Peter at 11/08/2018 12:56:00 PM
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

He was tipped off by his FBI handler before his arrest. That is how he got away and stayed away so long. No shortage of rat bastards.

FAIR USE

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...t-good-n926371
    By Dareh Gregorian

His nickname was "Whitey," and for law enforcement, mobster and murderer James Bulger was their great white whale — an elusive foe they hunted relentlessly for years.

The notorious South Boston crime lord was a fixture on the FBI's 10 "Most Wanted" list after he vanished in 1994, shortly before he was due to be arrested for his alleged role in 19 murders. The hunt for him spanned the country and around the globe, with investigators reportedly chasing down leads in 19 countries.

They finally caught up to him in 2011 in Santa Monica, California, where it turned out he'd been living for years under an assumed name in a modest rent-controlled apartment. The hot-tempered Bulger cursed out agents and officers who arrested him. Inside the $1,145-a-month apartment, they found a cache of more than 30 guns and $800,000 in cash.

Bulger, 89, was killed Tuesday at a federal prison in West Virginia, where he was serving a life sentence for a litany of crimes including multiple murders and racketeering.

Tom Duffy, a retired state police detective who searched for Bulger, called word of his death "celebratory news."
    "You could go back in the annals of criminal history and you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone as diabolical as Bulger," he said. Duffy was an adviser on the 2006 Martin Scorsese film "The Departed," and Bulger was the inspiration for Jack Nicholson's "Frank Costello" character.

Growing up in rough and tumble South Boston — his father was a one-armed longshoreman — Bulger was first arrested at age 13 for delinquency. He joined a local gang and other arrests followed, including for assault and robbery.

But after a 4-year stint in the Air Force ending with an honorable discharge in 1952, his crimes got bigger and bolder — he was busted for armed robbery in 1956 and wound up doing time in Alcatraz.

To get time shaved off of his 20-year sentence, he volunteered for a secret government program studying the effects of LSD on people. He said the CIA program, called MK-ULTRA, left him permanently scarred.

Writing in a notebook about the experiments years later, he blamed the drug for giving him "nightly nightmares" and years of "stomach problems," WBZ-TV reported.

Nicknamed "Whitey" because of his blonde hair, Bulger returned in 1965 to South Boston, where his brother Billy was a state senator. Bulger eventually joined the violent Winter Hill Gang, and muscled his way up the ranks by helping to take out the gang's rivals.

By 1975, Bulger had been involved with seven slayings, and was eventually recruited to become an informant for the FBI. But the arrangement worked better for Bulger than the feds — he bribed his handler and allegedly used information from him to take out another informant.

Image: James "Whitey" Bulger is pictured in this undated photo provided to the court as evidence by Bulger's defence team

James "Whitey" Bulger is pictured in this undated photo provided to the court as evidence by Bulger's defense team and released to the media by the the U.S. Attorney's Office in Massachusetts on July 31, 2013.U.S. Attorney's Office of Mass. / Reuters file

Bulger would give the agent, John Connolly, information about his rivals while Connolly would tip him off to investigations and other informants.

By 1979, Bulger had taken control of the Winter Hill Gang — and his connections to law enforcement helped him run a thriving loan-sharking, gun-running and drug-dealing operation. Rivals were killed or forced out of town — but Bulger also garnered a reputation as a local hero for helping to fix up the neighborhood and delivering turkeys to poor families at Thanksgiving.

His luck got even better in 1991, when he "won" the Massachusetts "Mass Millions" lottery. The ticket had been purchased in a store Bulger had owned, and the winner said Bulger and two of his pals were sharing in the $14 million jackpot.

By 1994, it was clear that the FBI was compromised when it came to Bulger, leading the DEA and the state police to start their own probe. The then-retired FBI agent Connolly, however, found out that Bulger had been indicted and tipped him off — letting Bulger skip out of town before he could be arrested.

/////snip////
    Last edited by Luddite; 11-08-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"