Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Amber Alert: WI Missing 13yr old, parents killed at home - FOUND ALIVE, post 184
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    I see now that you are up above Oshkosh, I'm an hour south of WI in NW IL. I'd have to leave at midnight to be sure I got there on time. I really can't leave DW that long, and maybe you'd have to carry me back at the end of the day. Is there another search planned?
    Oh I get it. That would be a 24 hours straight type commitment for you. Not sure thatís even doable by anyone over 25. I had a hard enough time and Iím 3-4 hours closer each way.

No second search at this time. They probably wouldnít announce one for tomorrow till tonight

On day 11 of search for Jayme Closs, Barron residents remain vigilant

By: Paul Blume
    POSTED: OCT 25 2018 04:47PM CDT

VIDEO POSTED: OCT 25 2018 05:42PM CDT

UPDATED: OCT 25 2018 05:44PM CDT

BARRON, Wisconsin (KMSP) - No more than two miles from the Closs family house, just off Hwy. 8, a Barron County farmer chopped stalks Thursday with his eyes focused on the cornfield and Jayme.

“You’re always looking. In the back of your mind, maybe something happened and she’s placed here. We’re always looking for her. I’ve got quite a few fields within a short distance of where the scene was,” the farmer said.

Fields, farmland and woods were scoured this week by an army of volunteers who found no evidence connected to Jayme Closs’ disappearance.

http://www.fox9.com/news/on-day-11-o...emain-vigilant

In fact, he and his wife reached out to authorities earlier this week about a “strange” phone call they received from an out-of-area phone number. They were worried it might be connected to the nationwide search.

“They actually asked for Jayme and then kinda acted funny,” the farmer said. “We had the phone number they called from and delivered it to the police department.”

It’s now 11 days later and investigators continue to press for more information after Jayme was at home when her parents were shot to death early in the morning Oct. 15 and was gone by the time responding officers arrived.

The sheriff said she isn’t a suspect, but rather a missing and endangered child. Her photo has been plastered on billboards from coast-to-coast.

“We love you to the moon and back. We will never stop looking for you,” said Jennifer Smith, Closs’s aunt, in a news conference Wednesday.

Her aunt has made a direct plea to Jayme to come home.

The FBI, with no suspect information, is offering a $25,000 reward to crack the case.

“Like everyone here, we want to bring Jayme home,” said Justin Tolomeo, the FBI Special Agent in charge. “We stand together with our state and local law enforcement partners working day and night to find Jayme.”

The closed facebook discussion groups are going berserk tonite, looks like a possible local police raid in progress ( might also be meth related too ).

Maybe that $25,000 reward got some locals motivated to share. Fingers crossed, it sounds intense.

Keep us updated, please?

Prayers continue from this House.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

TACAMO!! NOW!!

I have been praying for her, and yes please let us know what you find out.

Susan

Wait, the aunt is pleading to Jayme to come home??? Like Jayme has the choice?

And the Sheriff is reassuring people that she's not a suspect?

Is there something more to this?

Quote Originally Posted by goosebeans View Post
    Wait, the aunt is pleading to Jayme to come home??? Like Jayme has the choice?

And the Sheriff is reassuring people that she's not a suspect?

Is there something more to this?
    No, not what she said at all.
    Sub-Zero

Some of the hubbub out of Barron yesterday had to do with a helicopter leaving from the local hospital. Speculation tied it to the case, that idea was quashed.

The appeal from the aunt was undoubtedly carefully scripted by the alfalfa bits, with a focused aim. I assume. Whatever specific goals were, I'm confident that we can trust what we've been told by LE re: Jayme not being a suspect.

I wonder if the 2000# of volunteers was so large in an effort to game the suspect into feeling safer about joining the search. It's often hard for them to resist involvement in the case, anyways. . . Then again, that is rough and dense terrain, and I'm sure needed every pair of eyes it could get.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    I wonder if the 2000# of volunteers was so large in an effort to game the suspect into feeling safer about joining the search. It's often hard for them to resist involvement in the case, anyways. . . Then again, that is rough and dense terrain, and I'm sure needed every pair of eyes it could get.

Interesting note you made there - I was part of the search team. They made everyone show IDs to search, and they documented everyone who showed up. We where given wrist bands with numbers on it. Then they asked us to keep a very close eye for someone joining the search party. We stuck together so we always knew the people walking next to us during the search.

Quote Originally Posted by fairywell View Post
    On day 11 of search for Jayme Closs, Barron residents remain vigilant

By: Paul Blume
    POSTED: OCT 25 2018 04:47PM CDT

VIDEO POSTED: OCT 25 2018 05:42PM CDT

UPDATED: OCT 25 2018 05:44PM CDT

BARRON, Wisconsin (KMSP) - No more than two miles from the Closs family house, just off Hwy. 8, a Barron County farmer chopped stalks Thursday with his eyes focused on the cornfield and Jayme.

“You’re always looking. In the back of your mind, maybe something happened and she’s placed here. We’re always looking for her. I’ve got quite a few fields within a short distance of where the scene was,” the farmer said.

Fields, farmland and woods were scoured this week by an army of volunteers who found no evidence connected to Jayme Closs’ disappearance.

http://www.fox9.com/news/on-day-11-o...emain-vigilant

In fact, he and his wife reached out to authorities earlier this week about a “strange” phone call they received from an out-of-area phone number. They were worried it might be connected to the nationwide search.

“They actually asked for Jayme and then kinda acted funny,” the farmer said. “We had the phone number they called from and delivered it to the police department.”

It’s now 11 days later and investigators continue to press for more information after Jayme was at home when her parents were shot to death early in the morning Oct. 15 and was gone by the time responding officers arrived.

The sheriff said she isn’t a suspect, but rather a missing and endangered child. Her photo has been plastered on billboards from coast-to-coast.

“We love you to the moon and back. We will never stop looking for you,” said Jennifer Smith, Closs’s aunt, in a news conference Wednesday.

Her aunt has made a direct plea to Jayme to come home.

The FBI, with no suspect information, is offering a $25,000 reward to crack the case.

“Like everyone here, we want to bring Jayme home,” said Justin Tolomeo, the FBI Special Agent in charge. “We stand together with our state and local law enforcement partners working day and night to find Jayme.”
    Sub-Zero, the bolded is what I was asking about.

Just seemed strange.

Quote Originally Posted by goosebeans View Post
    Sub-Zero, the bolded is what I was asking about.

Just seemed strange.
    Well, you can count on the FSM to get quotes and information slightly, or mostly, wrong.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Funeral held for Jayme Closs' parents while teenager remains missing

https://abc7chicago.com/funeral-held...ssing/4570875/

BARRON, Wis. -- Funeral services were held Saturday for the parents of Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old Wisconsin girl who has been missing ever since her parents were found shot to death inside the family's home Oct. 15.

Family, friends and even strangers turned out to pay their respects to Denise and James Closs.

"It was very warm but it was sad because of the tragedy. But like I was telling my husband, I just hope they're at peace," said Missy Ruffin, a coworker of the Closs couple, who both worked for the Jenni-O turkey plant in Barron, Wisconsin.

"Why? Why? They're normal people. They don't bother nobody. They go to work. They go home. They're about their family," she said.

The obituary for the couple shows that they are survived by their daughter Jayme, who authorities believe was kidnapped and not involved in her parents' murder.

"I can't imagine what the family is going through on a day like today, laying two to rest and still one out there missing," said Chris Fitzgerald, the Barron County sheriff.

More than 1,900 tips have come in regarding Jayme, but none with promising leads.

The reward for information that would lead to her homecoming is now up to $50,000.

"We are active still 24/7. Through the weekend we'll be 24/7 and we have people all over the county and all over western Wisconsin right now following up on tips," Fitzgerald said. "There's not one person in there that doesn't believe Jayme's going to come home."

"There's not one person in there that doesn't believe Jayme's going to come home."
    Hard to accept, but he's trying to keep hope up.

That's actually my family's old stomping ground. Still have relatives there in the Barron and Chetek area.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

In the check out line at Kroger today I saw the girl's picture on a tabloid cover.

Sadly, this seems to be a growing trend when tragedy hits and makes the news. Their homes get burglarized. If what they are going through is not hard enough.

Paul Blume
    Verified account
    Twitter

@PaulBlume_FOX9
    Follow Follow @PaulBlume_FOX9
    More
    Kyle Jaenke-Annis has been charged with Burglary & Felony Bail Jumping. Caught red handed in the home. Had allegedly pocketed girls clothing from the Closs family house inc pink tank top & a girl's dress. #FindJayme Break in occured early Saturday AM #FindJaymeCloss

Paul Blume

Verified account

@PaulBlume_FOX9
    44m44 minutes ago
    More
    DEVELOPING: Barron Co sheriff reports law enforcement arrested 32yo man for burglary at Closs family home this weekend. They insist he's been cleared of any connection to #jaymecloss disappearance. But was allegedly trying to burglarize the home. Kyle Jaenke-Annis. Unbelievable.

Picture of the POS

It is sunny here in Arizona :)

UPDATE: Man arrested for breaking into Closs home, stealing Jayme's clothing

Courtesy: Barron Co. Jail
    By K.C. Brown | Posted: Mon 2:08 PM, Oct 29, 2018 | Updated: Mon 2:52 PM, Oct 29, 2018

BARRON, Wis. (WEAU) -- A man has been arrested for breaking into the Closs family home, near Barron, and stealing some of missing 13-year-old Jayme’s clothing.

Kyle Jaenke-Annis, 32 of Cameron, was arrested on Saturday.

According to a criminal complaint, Jaenke-Annis was seen on motion activated cameras by law enforcement. When they confronted him, he admitted to going into the home without permission and stealing multiple items, including underwear and clothing that belongs to Jayme Closs. He has been charged with burglary and bail jumping. The criminal complaint says Jaenke-Annis works at Jennie-O Turkey Store.

Jayme was reported missing from her home back on Oct. 15, when her parents were murdered. Law enforcement says they’ve received over 2,000 tips, but have yet to locate the girl. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says Jaenke-Annis has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of Jayme.

If you have any information on the disappearance of Jayme, continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/UP...498926771.html
    It is sunny here in Arizona :)

Cleared???

What a freak. In another story he said he " wondered what size Jayme was". His "clearing" better be for absolutely solid reasons, otherwise a freak like this seems a prime suspect.

And he's out on just $5000 bail after being charged with felony bail jumping. He should be locked up & maybe tortured a little to make sure the truth is known about this freaks actions. Of course he is treated with kids gloves.

That's not going to go over well in Cameron, but I guess all his neighbors know very well what they're dealing with.

He's a perv at the very least.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by narnia4 View Post
    Cleared???

What a freak. In another story he said he " wondered what size Jayme was". His "clearing" better be for absolutely solid reasons, otherwise a freak like this seems a prime suspect.

And he's out on just $5000 bail after being charged with felony bail jumping. He should be locked up & maybe tortured a little to make sure the truth is known about this freaks actions. Of course he is treated with kids gloves.
    reasonably certain that the Sheriff is pretty careful of who gets "cleared".

PLUS the KNOWN FACT (WELL KNOWN in most of the higher end Behavioral Analysis units (FBI doesn't have the only one)) is that this kind of theft/thief pretty much eliminates him from the kind of violent crime that was involved here. He's pretty much a voyeur rather than a perp in this kind of case.

which does NOT say he's not perverted.

He's still over on the whole chicken rather than Feather end of the continuum.

(Kinky is using feathers and such. PERVERTED is using the whole chicken). What can I tell ya, I was a Psych minor.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

TACAMO!! NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    reasonably certain that the Sheriff is pretty careful of who gets "cleared".

PLUS the KNOWN FACT (WELL KNOWN in most of the higher end Behavioral Analysis units (FBI doesn't have the only one)) is that this kind of theft/thief pretty much eliminates him from the kind of violent crime that was involved here. He's pretty much a voyeur rather than a perp in this kind of case.

which does NOT say he's not perverted.

He's still over on the whole chicken rather than Feather end of the continuum.

(Kinky is using feathers and such. PERVERTED is using the whole chicken). What can I tell ya, I was a Psych minor.
    I imagine you are right.

But it sure is aggravating to know that this girl, like many before her, is either dead or a sex slave ( no I dont buy the "she did it" BS theory) while this guy, either the perp or just another pervert, can do whatever they want with just a slap on the wrist at most if they do get caught.

while this guy, either the perp or just another pervert, can do whatever they want with just a slap on the wrist at most if they do get caught.
    This guy will get an appropriate punishment for burglary and bail-jumping. He won't get charged with kidnapping and sex trafficking because he's not implicated in that. And all his small-town neighbors now know he jumped bail and is even more of a sleaze than they had thought.

I imagine you are right.

But it sure is aggravating to know that this girl, like many before her, is either dead or a sex slave ( no I dont buy the "she did it" BS theory) while this guy, either the perp or just another pervert, can do whatever they want with just a slap on the wrist at most if they do get caught.
    The false equivalences don't work.

A LOT of folks need, DESPERATELY to pull up stakes in "It oughta be this way" and move on over to "This is what the law IS".

'T'AIN'T that fur a piece, really.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

TACAMO!! NOW!!

I dont think he will get appropriate punishment. He's out on just $5000 bond after felony bail jumping related to previous burgleries. He broke into the home of 2 people that were murdered and stole underwear and other clothes from a kidnapped, probably dead, 13 year old girl.

No big deal to many here apparently, but I think this pos should get something more than the slap on the wrist he will get. Mark my words, he wont get "appropriate" punishment. We as a society have lost the ability to administer anything close to justice. Evil is allowed to flourish.

"The law" is meaningless anymore and unevenly administered. Those of you who pine about the law are living in the past. Todays "law" can be whatever those in power decide, in favor of criminals, against assorted patriots, Christians, or anyone in the way of the ptb.

I dont think he will get appropriate punishment. He's out on just $5000 bond after felony bail jumping related to previous burgleries. He broke into the home of 2 people that were murdered and stole underwear and other clothes from a kidnapped, probably dead, 13 year old girl.
    I haven't read his rap sheet, but you have him down for a $5,000 bond AFTER bail jumping. Sounds more like he posted $5,000 bond and THEN jumped bail. So that's one infraction, not two. Yeah, the home he broke into was in the news, and he was attracted for nasty motives. Still, it was simple burglary, and the offense is the same whether the townspeople are repelled by it or not.

No big deal to many here apparently, but I think this pos should get something more than the slap on the wrist he will get. Mark my words, he wont get "appropriate" punishment.
    Ok, what's the proper punishment for burglary in your opinion?

A fair question.

First though, he was released in August with various conditions. He is charged with felony bail jumping because he violated the condition of his parole for previous burglaries.

To your question, I will confess I dont really know and your point has validity. However there is something not right with releasing a repeat and perverted offender back on society with essentially no restrictions...unless they just want to see where he goes. Barron County is adamant though that he is not a suspect.

I dont think I am unreasonable. Many here have said on different occasions they would shoot someone breaking into their home, why should this pos get a pass (for breaking into murdered peoples home) which his new bail essentially is. The story around Barron county is he has repeatedly broken into homes and stolen young girls clothes. He was caught this time, but no big deal I guess.

there is something not right with releasing a repeat and perverted offender back on society with essentially no restrictions.
    I agree, but I don't have a solution.

On first wash, here's this:

https://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/...lake-wi/1c8234

Kyle T Jaenke Annis
    Address:
    State: WI
    Zip Code: 54868

Geographic Information
    (deleted by me)

Available Public Records

Charge 1: Theft Movable Property <=$2500 Charging County: Barron, WI Charge Date: 08/12/2011
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents...+Complaint.pdf

Above is the link to the formal criminal complaint that details what was taken and other detail regarding the burglary.

It is 3 pages long. I was unable to copy it.

My first thought was maybe he knew of her whereabouts and he was retrieving clothing. But given the items he took I doubt that. Sick F*** for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Charge Date: 08/12/2011
    So seven years clean. Look at that. Until he broke in to steal the girl's underwear, he was turning his life around. At 32 he'd better hurry up if he's going to get into medical school.

the link to the formal criminal complaint
    Ah, this burglary IS the bail violation mentioned. So he had only one mark against him until now.

I dont think I am unreasonable. Many here have said on different occasions they would shoot someone breaking into their home, why should this pos get a pass (for breaking into murdered peoples home) which his new bail essentially is. The story around Barron county is he has repeatedly broken into homes and stolen young girls clothes. He was caught this time, but no big deal I guess.
    UNFORTUNATELY for them, MANY of those chest thumping posts were made by people egregiously ignorant of the Law, and were COMPLETELY outside the Law (always assuming we are still governed by same.)

Several of us challenged those types of posts until we decided that there weren't going to be any lessons learned cheaply and the posters were EARNING the lessons the Hard Way.

For instance, Do check into what makes a shooting a Good Shoot in your jurisdiction and ONLY CONSIDER THAT INFO, while you discount ALL POSTED INFO from OUTSIDE YOUR JURISDICTION.

Little things like not having a deadly weapon or not being headed INTO your house can be the difference between nothing happening and 30 years of experience in confined living. CLEARLY EACH READER's mileage may vary.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

TACAMO!! NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    On first wash, here's this:

https://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/...lake-wi/1c8234

Kyle T Jaenke Annis
    Address:
    State: WI
    Zip Code: 54868

Geographic Information
    (deleted by me)

Available Public Records

Charge 1: Theft Movable Property <=$2500 Charging County: Barron, WI Charge Date: 08/12/2011
    Well, how would you go about stealing immovable property?
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Jeep. 4 wheel drive. Logging chain. ATM becomes somewhat LESS Immovable...
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

TACAMO!! NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmoley View Post
    Sadly, this seems to be a growing trend when tragedy hits and makes the news. Their homes get burglarized. If what they are going through is not hard enough.

Paul Blume
    Verified account
    Twitter

@PaulBlume_FOX9
    Follow Follow @PaulBlume_FOX9
    More
    Kyle Jaenke-Annis has been charged with Burglary & Felony Bail Jumping. Caught red handed in the home. Had allegedly pocketed girls clothing from the Closs family house inc pink tank top & a girl's dress. #FindJayme Break in occured early Saturday AM #FindJaymeCloss

Paul Blume

Verified account

@PaulBlume_FOX9
    44m44 minutes ago
    More
    DEVELOPING: Barron Co sheriff reports law enforcement arrested 32yo man for burglary at Closs family home this weekend. They insist he's been cleared of any connection to #jaymecloss disappearance. But was allegedly trying to burglarize the home. Kyle Jaenke-Annis. Unbelievable.

Picture of the POS

Now this has been an on going problem for many years where people like this man ^^^ will go find the home of someone that just died and break in the steal what ever they can of value.
    I know a few that refused to do a obituarie for a family member for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    Well, how would you go about stealing immovable property?
    Adverse possession, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I know a few that refused to do a obituarie for a family member for this very reason.
    Sounds like the cops put in a motion sensor for this eventuality.

So, nothing new on this case yet.

I'm going to put forth a theory.

The father (and perhaps mother, although less likely) owed something to a bad character. Perhaps it was over drugs, gambling, or money. Regardless, he refused to pay. The people he owed gave him ample warning as in, "Pay up or you'll die and we'll get what we're owed out of your daughter." They gave him a deadline. The father thought they were bluffing, because he has no experience with people like that.

At least two men arrived at his house after midnight on Monday, October 15. They knocked on his door. He didn't answer it, but they could tell he was just on the other side of it. They shot through the door, mortally wounding the father (and maybe finishing him off, but only after he saw that they had his daughter on their way out the door). The wife and daughter were in separate bedrooms sleeping. When the knock on the door occurred, the wife stayed in bed. And, after the shock of the gunshots wore off, she called 911.

My guess is that one of the guys one went straight for the target, the young girl, while the other one took care of the mother. They shot the mother while she was making the 911 call. She probably didn't have a chance to say anything.

They walked out door with what they came for. And, within 24 hours, the young girl was out of the country working off her father's debt.

The police were there within four minutes of the 911 call. The bad guys were gone. This was a very professional, well-planned, event. The odds are that she will never be found unless she somehow manages to escape.
    Sub-Zero

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
    Haven’t read thread recently, was dad armed? Did he even own a gun?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Donít use your last bullet on them.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    So, nothing new on this case yet.

I'm going to put forth a theory.

The father (and perhaps mother, although less likely) owed something to a bad character. Perhaps it was over drugs, gambling, or money. Regardless, he refused to pay. The people he owed gave him ample warning as in, "Pay up or you'll die and we'll get what we're owed out of your daughter." They gave him a deadline. The father thought they were bluffing, because he has no experience with people like that.

At least two men arrived at his house after midnight on Monday, October 15. They knocked on his door. He didn't answer it, but they could tell he was just on the other side of it. They shot through the door, mortally wounding the father (and maybe finishing him off, but only after he saw that they had his daughter on their way out the door). The wife and daughter were in separate bedrooms sleeping. When the knock on the door occurred, the wife stayed in bed. And, after the shock of the gunshots wore off, she called 911.

My guess is that one of the guys one went straight for the target, the young girl, while the other one took care of the mother. They shot the mother while she was making the 911 call. She probably didn't have a chance to say anything.

They walked out door with what they came for. And, within 24 hours, the young girl was out of the country working off her father's debt.

The police were there within four minutes of the 911 call. The bad guys were gone. This was a very professional, well-planned, event. The odds are that she will never be found unless she somehow manages to escape.
    Plausible - thanks for taking the time to articulate how things work, in the realms of certain international/national criminal organizations - extremely gritty and very rough/tough to fathom for the average person.

Apply this description of how "enforcement" capabilities "work," as applied, perhaps, to members of Congress and other key national political/military decision-makers and captains of industry.

You see the problem.

How to resolve?

These type of folks play for keeps, with a clandestine cadre of professional enforcers on call, ready to "fix" the problem.

The trouble is - how do you not only defend against such, moment by moment, but, eradicate this scourge in the medium and long run?

Has it ALWAYS been this dirty?

Certainly, modern tech allows pin-point access into a target's life and whereabouts, at a push of a button - for those criminal elements so equipped.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

ó Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

The trouble is - how do you not only defend against such, moment by moment, but, eradicate this scourge in the medium and long run?

Has it ALWAYS been this dirty?

Sure, there have always been levels of corruption. But it's worse now than I have ever seen it.

How do you defend against it? Number one, don't get tangled up in it to begin with- no drugs, no gambling, stay out of debt, no sexual perversions etc. And that means anyone in the household. Basic security provisions help, especially good guardian breed dogs, but nothing is any guarantee. Someone who really wants you can get you.

It would be nice if LE were the fearless guardians of Truth Justice And The American Way they make themselves out to be, but almost no LE today is going to go after the really hard targets out there. Better to fine nice harmless Joe Schmo for a traffic violation or regulation issue than take on some dangerous unpredictable gangster/thug/drug dealer who might object to being hassled with a hail of bullets.

Above all else, be able and willing to defend yourself and your loved ones. This is how life has always been, so there's no difference there.