Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Early draft of Army's new fitness standards. Same for everyone. Male Female Young and Old
+ Reply to Thread

Early draft of Army's new fitness standards. Same for everyone. Male Female Young and Old

I like it. They will apply to everyone, male and female, young and old.
    War doesn't care what sex you are or how old you are.

The deadlift is just what it's name implies if you are familiar with lifting weights.
    The old fitness axiom "Lift heavy things."

The Power Throw is throwing a 10 pound medicine ball over your head backwards and is a measure of explosive power in both upper and lower body.

The Release PushUp is some new fangled pushup the exercise physiologists have developed.

The Sprint Drag and Carry is a functional exercise to measure ability to drag someone or something.

The Leg Tuck is another functional exercise that combines kind of a half pullup with crunching /touching the knees to the elbows. Again, more functional than an isolation exercise. Try to hold yourself in a half pullup and then bring your knees up to touch your bent elbows.

The Two Mile Run is just what the name says

I have included a youtube at the end that shows the Army demonstrating these exercises.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-..._source=clavis

Here’s an early draft of the Army’s new fitness test standards

By: Meghann Myers   August 1

The end of the Army fitness test

▶ Play

Subtitle Settings

Tired of doing sit ups? The Army is rolling out a whole new physical fitness test across the force in coming years that changes the game completely.
    A year-long field test of the Army’s new fitness test kicks off in October, and on Tuesday, a copy of the preliminary scoring system leaked online.

For now, Training and Doctrine Command is working on a gender- and age-neutral, 100-point system for each of the six events, with a 60-point minimum that will be familiar to anyone who’s ever taken the current Army Physical Fitness Test.

“The chart represents the standards we intend to use for the Army Combat Fitness Test during the Initial Operational Capability field testing phase," Lt. Col. Jeffrey Pray, a spokesman for the Center for Initial Military Training, told Army Times on Wednesday.

To start, standards will be divided by “heavy,” “significant" and “moderate” physical demand, similar to the Occupational Physical Assessment Test. One of the goals of the field study is to decide whether the final test will be scored according to military occupational specialty or unit type ― so, for example, an infantryman would fall into the “heavy” category, but so might everyone who serves in an infantry brigade combat team as well.

Elsewhere, jobs like combat engineer, field artillery and pilots fall into the heavy category, while military police, firefighters and helicopter mechanics are in the significant category.

An early version of the Army's new PT test scoring leaked online. (Photo credit: CIMT)

[See the full chart here.]

So for now, the minimum Army standard is a 140-pound deadlift, a 4.6-meter power throw, 10 release push-ups, 3:35 minutes on the sprint-drag-carry, one leg tuck and a two-mile run in no more than 21:07 minutes.

For the combat MOSs or units, it’ll be a 180-pound deadlift, a 8.5-meter power throw, 30 push-ups, 2:09 sprint-drag-carry, five leg tucks and 18 minutes for the run. While those times are certainly slower than the scoring for the existing APFT, leaders are taking into account that soldiers are going right into the run following five other taxing events.

Pray said the standards for the PT test have not been finalized.

“These standards will be used for testing 60 battalions throughout the Army over the next year,” Pray said. "Final standards are not expected to be approved until October of 2019, and may be adjusted up until the test is approved for record on/about 1 October 2020. This is a first step.”

Commentary: 3 reasons soldiers should be pumped about the new Army Combat Fitness Test

Here's what our expert has to say about the new Army Combat Fitness Test.
    By: Nick Barringer

Though the field study doesn’t begin for two more months, senior leaders have been trying out the ACFT for months. Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey and Maj. Gen. Malcolm Frost, the head of CIMT, told reporters in July that they had both taken it ― and that they both needed to work on lower body strength for the deadlift.

“War doesn’t distinguish between gender and age. You can be 20 years old on the battlefield, or you can be 50, and you’re going to have to accomplish the same mission. This test helps you execute your warrior tasks and battle drills, no matter who you are,” said Command Sgt. Maj. Edward Mitchell, command sergeant major of the Center for Initial Military Training, during a test exhibition at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, on Wednesday.

Following the year-long pilot, the ACFT will hit initial operating capability in fall 2019. After that, the Army has up to another year to roll out testing equipment and transition completely from APFT to ACFT.

Here is a video where they are demonstrating the exercises.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpkSBc04aA
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Meh. Just creates a whole new set of profile case's. I can't do this, I can't do that. Blah, blah, blah.

Lawsuit from some transcrapper or chick that they can't do this because it offends them somehow in 3...2....1.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Lawsuit will be told to go screw. Do it or you ain't.....PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT!
    "The Spoor of an ELEPHANT
    is only RELEVANT
    to an ANT
    or a SYCOPHANT"

More

Standards
    ACFT – Standing Power Throw Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer Standing Power Throw
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test Standing Power Throw standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Standing Power Throw Standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.

Standards
    ACFT – Proposed Dead Lift Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer Dead Lift
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test Dead Lift standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Test Dead Lift Standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.

Standards
    ACFT — Sprint / Drag / Carry Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer Sprint Drag Carry
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test Sprint / Drag / Carry standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Test Sprint / Drag / Carry Standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.

Standards
    ACFT – Proposed Leg Truck Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test Leg Truck Standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Test Leg Truck (pullup) Standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.

Standards
    ACFT – Proposed T-Pushup Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer Hand Release Pushup, T-Pushup
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test T-Pushups standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Test T-Pushup, also known as hand release pushups, standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.

Army Combat Fitness Test Standards
    ACFT – Proposed Two Mile Run Standards

October 10, 2017 ArmyTrainer
    Coming Soon, Once the Army updates the FM7-22 (Army Physical Readiness Training) and publishes the Official Army Combat Readiness Test Two Mile Run standards they will be posted here.
    Below are the Draft Army Combat Readiness Test 2 Mile Run Standards. These standards are both gender and age neutral. Meaning that every person in the Army Male or Female, young or old, must complete the minimum standards for a Moderate Physically Demanding MOS.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, TerryK.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Meh. Just creates a whole new set of profile case's. I can't do this, I can't do that. Blah, blah, blah.

Lawsuit from some transcrapper or chick that they can't do this because it offends them somehow in 3...2....1.
    You ever been in the military???
    Just wondering how you would approach your DI and tell him "I can't do this or that" or I'll sue.
    Sure would like to see that.

In the Navy, which is probably less strict than the Army or Marines, if you talk back to your Company Commander, you are immediately separated from everyone, you don't go back to your barracks. Your stuff is packed and inventoried by staff members. You go to a special training unit and are processed for discharge.
    If you can't handle boot camp, the military really, really doesn't want you. You are just a dirt bag waiting to happen to them.

I've been a company commander in charge of recruits and have trained over 13 companies. Shit like you're talking just doesn't happen.
    Never had one tell me No or I won't do that. NEVER

These new proposed PT standards are probably just going to replace the old PRT tests. If you can't meet minimum standards you are given one more chance and then kicked out. It happens all the time right now with the old standards.
    Been going on for 4 decades.

I like these standards because they apply to everyone regardless of age or sex, and they are functional and measure both upper and lower body strength and explosive power. All are more closely related to things you might actually have to do.
    I really hope they or something very like them, become the standard for all branches of the military.
    Last edited by TerryK; 10-11-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    I like these standards because they apply to everyone regardless of age or sex, and they are functional and measure both upper and lower body strength and explosive power. All are more closely related to things you might actually have to do.
    I think they look good as well. I never liked how a woman should have lower standards. The task at hand doesn't get any easier because you are a woman or, for that matter, 30 years old versus 18.

I also like the hand release push up as it should eliminate the whole, "1...1...1..." because the tester doesn't think you are going low enough. Where the guy next to you is doing quarter push ups and maxes the test.

My 2 cents.

Passing someone because they're "Special" isn't doing them any favors; in fact, it's heartless. Ultimately, patting a ninety-pound snowflake on the head and saying, You're ready for combat!", even though they physically CAN'T perform, is sending them to a prolonged, sodomy and torture-filled death - simply getting shot or blown-up would be a blessing... Everybody remember when Jessica Lynch admitted that her initial captivity was a grand sausage party?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    You ever been in the military???
    Just wondering how you would approach your DI and tell him "I can't do this or that" or I'll sue.
    Sure would like to see that.

In the Navy, which is probably less strict than the Army or Marines, if you talk back to your Company Commander, you are immediately separated from everyone, you don't go back to your barracks. Your stuff is packed and inventoried by staff members. You go to a special training unit and are processed for discharge.
    If you can't handle boot camp, the military really, really doesn't want you. You are just a dirt bag waiting to happen to them.
    Recruits don't get to keep their cell phones in boot camp. On day one after a 2 minute call home, cells are boxed up along with all civilian clothes and sent home. Next phone call is at the phone center whenever the company commander decides.

I've been a company commander in charge of recruits and have trained over 13 companies. Shit like you're talking just doesn't happen. I've had recruits drink cleaning supplies, jump out of 2nd or 2rd story windows and cut their wrists. We made the wrist cutter call his own ambulance. Suicide gestures, attempts or even comments are immediately removed from training and processed to be sent home.
    I had one with a seizure try to bite me, and one in the pool try crawl up me and stand on me because he couldn't swim.
    Never had one tell me No or I won't do that. NEVER

These new proposed PT standards are probably just going to replace the old PRT tests. If you can't meet minimum standards you are given one more chance and then kicked out. It happens all the time right now with the old standards.
    Been going on for 4 decades.

Why yes. 4 1/2 years. GW1 vet. DV VFW Air Medal Two aviation MOS', shiny boots (wait, shiny boots in aviation??? NOPE!!! ) blah, blah, blah.

Not sure why you think I meant they be talking back to anyone. Just go to sick call and start the paperwork for a profile, etc. We never got in our commanders face. We ignored him a lot, but all passive aggressive. As it should be.

And shit does happen. Glad you commanded. But you're saying you didn't have one profile? And the article isn't talking about just basic, but the standard PT test, yeah PLENTY of profiles out there. I doubt you're so naive to believe that not one yo yo is going to try and get out of this new flavor of testing.

On another note, it'll be interesting to see, when I can get to them, all the new standards. My total guess is they're dumbing the requirements down to let more less than qualified boots stay in . We'll see.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by NHGUNNER View Post
    I think they look good as well. I never liked how a woman should have lower standards. The task at hand doesn't get any easier because you are a woman or, for that matter, 30 years old versus 18.

I also like the hand release push up as it should eliminate the whole, "1...1...1..." because the tester doesn't think you are going low enough. Where the guy next to you is doing quarter push ups and maxes the test.

My 2 cents.
    Yep. Been there, done that. Busting ass doing full pushups and the guy next to me doing quarter pushups.
    Join this new test with the height weight charts and make a section of the regular evaluations devoted to this. Pass both the new fitness test and meet height and weight or you're not eligible for advancement and if you don't retake and pass within 3 months, you're out.
    By the way here is the height weight chart

So it's not the same. Starting with the weight chart, women, same height and age, get to be lighter.

Yeah, I know there are major diff's in the sexes, but the OP is about 'fairness'. Maybe the rest but not in weight. For someone who got taped all the time, it matters.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe

Same for everyone

DASS DISCRIMINATION!!!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I like it. The true Amazon woman can still get it. But her 98 pound sister has to stay out.

Well, as I suspected. I just looked up 'T-Push Up'. If 10 is the minimum standard then this was built around women, transcrazy's and retention. A T-Push up is nothing. 10 of them, big whoop. I had to do 42 push ups in 2 minutes, forget if that was min's or just a score I was chasing, either way, for a 20 something in somewhat decent military shape, it was nothing. I can still knock out quite a few more than most guys my age and size.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe

OMG, this is for the pukes and women. 21+ minutes for the 2 mile run (18 minutes if you're an infantry type). Are you shitting me? A healthy guy can practically WALK that in under 20.

So many guys are just going to be dying to get this standard under them. This is pathetic.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe

Combat won't discriminate.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Combat won't discriminate.
    . . . well, it could - if a 200+ LBS wounded male, laying out in the open, needs to be carried to safety by his 98 LBS female comrade, combat WILL discriminate . . . won't be "fair" for either one of them.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Not sure why you think I meant they be talking back to anyone. Just go to sick call and start the paperwork for a profile, etc. We never got in our commanders face. We ignored him a lot, but all passive aggressive. As it should be.

And shit does happen. Glad you commanded. But you're saying you didn't have one profile? And the article isn't talking about just basic, but the standard PT test, yeah PLENTY of profiles out there. I doubt you're so naive to believe that not one yo yo is going to try and get out of this new flavor of testing.

On another note, it'll be interesting to see, when I can get to them, all the new standards. My total guess is they're dumbing the requirements down to let more less than qualified boots stay in . We'll see.
    First I didn't command. In the Navy we had Company Commanders instead of DIs. I did that as my shore duty for 5 years out of my 21 years of service. I was a Chief, and no, I never had a recruit talk back to me or say he couldn't do this or that in boot camp, ever.
    At sea, I was the Division Chief and trained junior officers to be Division Officers and supervised the rest of the enlisted. My guys ignored me about the same way your guys ignored your first sergeant. In other words they didn't.

If you were in GW1 your standards were pretty much what they are today. In other words not very good and what everyone is bitching about lately.
    The fitness in the military back in 90/91 was not very good and it hasn't improved a whole lot since I came in during Vietnam.
    I don't think the run even changed all these years. Same for the weight standards. The table I posted was what they were for the last 30 years. You know, the same as they were for when your were in. They are being reconsidered along with the PT test standards. The military hasn't finalized them yet.
    You're jumping all over the old, old, weight standards for men and women is just petty.
    Hell the average military person was fatter in 1990 than they were when I came in during 1969. The reason that is true is that the average civilian population started getting fatter since the 60s and 70s. I watched this happen from 69 until I retired in late 90, and it was happening in all branches. It has a lot to do with BigAg pushing a high carb low fat diet, with Government backing, on the American people.

All those standards are the absolute minimum. You don't get advanced for doing the minimum. I'm sure you had some in your unit that had a hard time meeting even the minimum. There will be some tweaking during the next year or so of trials, but most people in the military and exercise physiologists think the Army and hopefully all branches of the military are on the right track.

Instead of trying to tear everything down, why not look at the new standards. They are designed not to show how many isolated and pretty much useless exercises you can do, but instead use functional tests to measure how effective you can be doing practical things. Lift heavy weights, pull something or someone, run and push things.

One other thing I frequently notice is the "things weren't that bad back when I was in syndrome" that all us old farts like to recollect In other words, the good ole days.
    Actually go on a military base today and you will see far less fat people than you did back 20 years ago.

Change of Subject:
    So how'd you get disabled? What percentage did you get?

Added: I probably shouldn't have posted the old height weight tables, since they are being looked at too.
    However on a thread from a week or so ago, I had a woman say her husband got out because he didn't meet the height weight tables. I posted the table which has been around for about 30 years, to show her that her husband was well within the standards.
    Last edited by TerryK; 10-11-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Making the army fit for war.

Send in the trannie brigage, supported by the airborne fairies, and the women's recon unit.

No one will ever defeat us in battle again.
    "If it were announced to you that the enemy had invaded your cities, your castles, your lands; had ravished your wives and your daughters, and profaned your temples—which among you would not fly to arms?" - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
    Amalric from the sack of Béziers in 1209 during the Albigensian crusade: "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

OMG, this is for the pukes and women. 21+ minutes for the 2 mile run (18 minutes if you're an infantry type). Are you shitting me? A healthy guy can practically WALK that in under 20.

So many guys are just going to be dying to get this standard under them. This is pathetic.
    What you are saying is a 6 mph walk. People can walk up to 4 mph, then they convert to running. Though I do agree with what you are saying, walking the whole 2 miles will put you at the 35-40 minute mark. A 20 minute mark for 2 miles is 1 mile per 10 minutes or 6 mph.

It would seem that though I am 60 lbs overweight, I can pass most of these tests except the height weight mark, though the run would push me a bit. I am slower that 10 mph.

Started boot camp/Basic Training Aug. (the hottest month of the year) 1972, at Ft. Polk, LA

I don't remember if the time was 1 minute, or 2 minutes, but the amount was 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 72 horizonal bars, it was 1 mile in Basic, 2 miles in AIT, and there was another one because the total top score was 500, and you got a hundred for each event, but don't remember what it was.

I was 19, 5' 10 inches 125 lbs. scored 498. My 2 point deduction was due to the 2 mile run, coming in over the fastest time. And we did all ours in white t-shirts, fatigues, and combat boots. Needless to say you didn't need to be muscled up, just fit. We all ate the same food and those that needed to gain, did. And those that needed to lose did.

'Course those that needed to lose a lot got some help, the DI's made them road guards, so some extra running came into play.

More of a shake-up of the status quo, IMO.

It will be interesting to see how much dead wood falls out.

Testing practical skills is a good addition.

Some graduation by MOS isn't terrible either. Even during WWII guys who couldn't meet all the standards were utilized somewhere. The military doesn't need 100% door kickers, but everybody should be able to shoot-move-communicate effectively.

I'm sure this concept will be massively screwed up, in short order...as the military tends to do with so many things.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Women have no business in combat operations, support systems is fine. There are other ways to serve your nation than not able to hump 60 lb infantry gear side by side. I still have trouble with women as cops in big cities and on fire departments too