Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED Michael Goodwin: Where’s the outrage over Hillary’s call for a ‘civil’ war?
+ Reply to Thread

3 Michael Goodwin: Where’s the outrage over Hillary’s call for a ‘civil’ war?

Links at the source

https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/wheres...site%20buttons

Where’s the outrage over Hillary’s call for a ‘civil’ war?

By Michael Goodwin
    October 9, 2018 | 10:20pm

Two events from the last two days stand out. The first came Monday night with President Trump’s forceful yet compassionate speech at the swearing in of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

The president opened with an extraordinary apology on behalf of the country to Kav*anaugh and his family “for the terrible pain and suffering” they endured during the historically brutal confirmation process. He said the unfounded allegations violated fairness and “the presumption of innocence.”

Trump also tenderly addressed Kavanaugh’s young daughters, telling them “your father is a great man, a man of decency, character, kindness and courage.”

The event was something of a spike-the-football moment in front of a cheering White House audience and as such was a clever piece of stagecraft, where Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell, Charles Grassley, Lindsey Graham and Susan Collins were saluted.

But the ceremony was much more than mere boosterism. With the eight other Supremes sitting in the front row, Trump aimed to restore dignity to the judiciary at a time when the dirtiest tricks of politics have buried the court in a mountain of mud.

The president is right to worry that the character-assassination attempt on Kavanaugh may turn out to be a seminal moment in American political and cultural history. The ideas that the court is just another political branch and that the presumption of innocence no longer applies if you are on the other team represent a seismic shift in how we look at each other and the nation as a whole.

If those ideas stick, we are in more trouble than we can imagine.

And while Trump has at times unnecessarily contributed to the rancor, he was terrific Monday in trying to repair what Senate Democrats and their media handmaidens tried to destroy.

Which brings me to the second event of note: Hillary Clinton’s statement Tuesday that Democrats “cannot be civil” as long as Republicans hold the White House and Congress.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton told CNN. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”

There you have it — a declaration of war and a license for violence. Where is the media outrage?

Clinton knows we are already in the danger zone when it comes to the political temperature. Her comments, then, are as reckless as bringing a can of gasoline to a bonfire.

She’s stoking trouble to gain a foothold in the 2020 race — and damn the consequences.

Her claim that civility can return when Dems have power is an admission that the ends justify the means.

Then again, she never fails to disappoint. As I wrote Sunday, she has spent the last two years casting doubt on the legitimacy of the Trump presidency because the election didn’t go her way. That makes her guilty of the very thing she found “horrifying” when Trump suggested he might not abide by the results if he thought they were rigged.

“He is denigrating — he is talking down our democracy. And I am appalled that someone who is the nominee of one of our two major parties would take that position,” she said in their final debate, in October 2016.

She added, “That is not the way our democracy works.”

But it does work exactly that way when Democrats are denied what they feel entitled to. They should be careful what they wish for.

For if the Kavanaugh experience revealed anything, it is that Trump’s GOP knows how to fight back and win. It is hard to imagine that Kavanaugh would have survived such an onslaught under any other *recent Republican candidate or president.

There were so many reasons, and so much media pressure, that it would not have been surprising if a bloc of senators called the allegations a “distraction” and waved a white flag. They didn’t because Trump and Kavanaugh didn’t back down.

Still, there is danger when two sides both think they can outlast the other. Responding to my concern that America might be sleepwalking into a second civil war, a number of readers agreed. Some said they welcomed it.

Curt Doolittle wrote this: “We aren’t sleepwalking into it, we know exactly what we’re doing and why. The hard right and hard left are planning on it, ready for it, and looking for an opportunity.”

He said the pressure has been building and that “the only reason it hasn’t turned hot is the outlier of Trump’s election. If Clinton had won, we’d already be there.”
    “When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” - Ronald Reagan

One isn't outraged when a snake acts as a snake. We expect it. Hitlery is simply expressing what we knew all along, and she is compelled to do so, because a return to the rule of law will be very uncomfortable for her, and many of her allies.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

“When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” - Ronald Reagan

And while Trump has at times unnecessarily contributed to the rancor, he was terrific Monday in trying to repair what Senate Democrats and their media handmaidens tried to destroy.
    I think he only did so to draw out the militant commies and force them to expose their agenda and willingness to go bloody.

I don't think they are going to fare well when they get bloody.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

For the first time in many years, Hillary told the truth. She and her Dem cohorts WANT a civil war!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    For the first time in many years, Hillary told the truth. She and her Dem cohorts WANT a civil war!
    Careful with what you ask for.....

Read my post again, Housecarl... you misread it the first time!

Well, it looks like they have more people willing to beat up their neighbors. And no conservatives can get people to meet and scream at the sky. It must seem to them that we will all just break into tears and run away.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

She keeps on projecting because she knows there should be a special cell block reserved just for the Clintons.

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post

She’s stoking trouble to gain a foothold in the 2020 race — and damn the consequences.
    She...she doesn't actually think she can run AGAIN, does she??

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Think? Hell yes. They probably already have the signs printed for after the 'voting' at the demonrat convention.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

She isn't going to like getting bitch slapped, I'll take her advice to be uncivil - against her and liberals.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    She isn't going to like getting bitch slapped, I'll take her advice to be uncivil - against her and liberals.
    The problem is with her type, they never feel the pain, never go to jail, never take the heat for their 'cause'. Drag her old limpdick ass out into the street and let the Deplorable's have at 'er.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

She sort of stumbled around a lot last time, not much running.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

The only power she has now is what we give her.
    Ignore the bitch and she's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Think? Hell yes. They probably already have the signs printed for after the 'voting' at the demonrat convention.
    That takes a special kind of stupid I don't even want to consider. This is "I can pee on the electric fence THIS time for sure!" grade stupid.

Better sooner then later, I'm not getting any younger.
    vienna 1683.

Turn your swords into plowshares ,and you'll be plowing for those that didn't...

We didn't create GOD out of our imagination ,He created us out of his.

Read my post again, Housecarl... you misread it the first time!
    I was referring to Hillary and her fellow travelers, not you Jonas. I should have worded it a little differently. HC

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    She keeps on projecting because she knows there should be a special cell block reserved just for the Clintons.
    Huh, I can't help but recall how "untouchable" the Ceaucescues thought they were...

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Huh, I can't help but recall how "untouchable" the Ceaucescues thought they were...
    Firing squad? I doubt it.

Just my two cents but, YES, I have thought all along that she plans to run again in 2020 and likely considers herself the front runner as well.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Firing squad? I doubt it.
    Well, they didn't expect there self declared "state of emergency" to literally bite them...

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Well, they didn't expect there self declared "state of emergency" to literally bite them...
    You are right, we can hope.

LOCK HER UP

This message was approved by Vince Foster
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

My wife asked me the exact same question the other day when the "Billy Jeff and Hildebeest traveling road show" announced its dates and locations. I do believe the old bat thinks she CAN run again and is angling to do it. Somebody on that side of the aisle REALLY needs to beat some sense into her depends wearing ass. And I'm being charitable by saying that because if she DID run again there isn't enough popcorn in the world to watch that horror show unfold
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by China Connection View Post
    The Witch has spoken.

May the witch live for eternity in hell.
    PLEASE! may someone SEND HER THERE and QUICKLY
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

OP:
    "Still, there is danger when two sides both think they can outlast the other. Responding to my concern that America might be sleepwalking into a second civil war, a number of readers agreed. Some said they welcomed it.

Curt Doolittle wrote this: “We aren’t sleepwalking into it, we know exactly what we’re doing and why. The hard right and hard left are planning on it, ready for it, and looking for an opportunity.

He said the pressure has been building and that “the only reason it hasn’t turned hot is the outlier of Trump’s election. If Clinton had won, we’d already be there.”
    and yet there are those of us here who continue to think this is "years to decades away" and many foolish enough to believe it will NEVER come. I will repeat:

we don't WANT it - we don't WISH for it - it is being FORCED ON US
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    PLEASE! may someone SEND HER THERE and QUICKLY
    Be careful how you wish this.

remember Henry II's lament, "Won't SOMEONE rid me of this troublesome Priest" was taken up. And he lost his lifelong friend and confidant when they took him literally.

Thomas A` Becket is a cautionary tale for all of us.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

...Now imagine the crying into the sky hysterical pu$$y - hat liberals suddenly going full fuchsia Rambo in every street encounter imagining themselves to be street hardened red cells.

Beyond ridiculous. We’re talking psych-ward fodder.

A sincere question for frustrated ‘so-called’ lib’s. Are you really so useful an idiot as to run point for the manipulators of minds? If so, get ready to drool, as the ‘collective’ bell ringing coalesce around your clouded judgement.

Clinton Cash should be required reading in the colleges and universities. Every library should receive countless copies and it should be in every waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    My wife asked me the exact same question the other day when the "Billy Jeff and Hildebeest traveling road show" announced its dates and locations. I do believe the old bat thinks she CAN run again and is angling to do it. Somebody on that side of the aisle REALLY needs to beat some sense into her depends wearing ass. And I'm being charitable by saying that because if she DID run again there isn't enough popcorn in the world to watch that horror show unfold
    That's the WORST part! I should be CHEERING! I should be so joyously enamored with the thought that Hillary is VOLUNTARILY coming back to have her clock cleaned once more by Trump, to lose TWICE RUNNING, but I CAN'T! It's the ultimate demoralization of the Dems, but I can't be happy at all! It's like watching her slit her own throat.