Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT BACON!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BACON!!!

BACON!!!

We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

crisp or limp?

Quote Originally Posted by KFhunter View Post
    crisp or limp?
    Crisp.
    Shatter if it hits your teeth crisp.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Looks like Winnie like a good snout!
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

Quote Originally Posted by Normallguy View Post
    Looks like Winnie like a good snout!
    Use it all, from the rooter to the tooter.

Bacon wrapped tater tots on the grill.... What more could one want as an appetizer....

Now, My most desired thing at Sonic is tater tots covered in chili and cheese which will make your mouth drool....

Texican....

Best brand you have found?

Wrights...apple smoked

Petit Jean bacon, made not too far from me.
    Pain never makes me cry, but happiness does.

My brother has an indoor smoker...small but he smokes some amazing, thick-cut fat back. Nothing better, and we grew up raising hogs. Sometimes he goes one more step and then deep fries it. Yow. We have some pretty good local-made bacon too; as far as regular store-bought bacon I like Fletcher's thick-cut. Must be crispy.
    All that is gold does not glitter....

There is this butcher shop in PA that makes their own pepper bacon. Tastes almost like pastrami. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.........takes you closer to God! Its up in Elk County, where a local elk ranch sells cuts of elk from a chest freezer on their front porch. Very lean and tasty too.
    My Mate Winston

Son takes left over bacon and rolls up a lot like a giant cinamom roll and then sets it in a bowl and lets it spiral open and then cracks eggs over that and nukes it until the eggs set. the bacon fat is kinda pre melted out and spread around the bowl and then the whole thing just slides out onto a plate.

OH and he dumps his shredded cheese of choice on that to melt in the cheesy goodness. This week we have some smoky bacon cheddar shredded cheese he used.

And he sometimes puts some chunky salsa over that for more goodness

But the main reason it's all so good?

BACON!
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

In Texas, look for Keilbossa brand dry aged bacon.

Not that water added crap, the real deal.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I had the honor of meeting a visiting professor of animal science last week. She is from Brazil. Her research project is to make pigs give more bacon. It was my honor for sure. Natalia, I named one of my hens after her.

Met country singer Dylan Scott the week before, not knowing who he is... set his bow up for an elk hunt he was flying out to the next day. Boy was it jacked up. Whoever had it prior was way off base, quarter inch out of center shot. What a week.......

BAKED Bacon Wrapped Chicken livers.........Mmmm to die for.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

DARE ya to drive through Smithfield, VA without a bib.

You WILL need a shirt to change into.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

On the Seventh Day, God Rested. On the Eighth Day, God Created BACON!

OldARcher
    Romans 10:8-10 (ESV)
    8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

Used to drive by Smithfield when I was working working in Franklin, at the Paper Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inspector View Post
    Used to drive by Smithfield when I was working working in Franklin, at the Paper Mill.
    In the mid '70's if ya drove through there you gained 4 pounds just by breathing. Oh My Heavens!!! Heavenly Hash!!
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Word to the wise:

"All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touch-hole of your musket!"

I was at a function a few weeks back and during the cocktail hour(s) they served as an appetizer bacon wrapped pineapple and watermelon...I closed like 3 arteries but those things were just fandamntasic . Oh yeah they were brown sugar coated as well LOL

Bacon?

YES!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

No thanks.
    Smithfield pork co. is owned by the Chinese.

Love bacon, but I'll pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

Just so ya'll know this thread MADE me go to the store and buy some pre-cooked bacon to munch on.
    It ain't fancy and I hope you are proud of yourselves.
    munch, munch, munch swallow...repeat.

mmmmmmmm
    Jeff

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    Son takes left over bacon and rolls up a lot like a giant cinamom roll and then sets it in a bowl and lets it spiral open and then cracks eggs over that and nukes it until the eggs set. the bacon fat is kinda pre melted out and spread around the bowl and then the whole thing just slides out onto a plate.

OH and he dumps his shredded cheese of choice on that to melt in the cheesy goodness. This week we have some smoky bacon cheddar shredded cheese he used.

And he sometimes puts some chunky salsa over that for more goodness

But the main reason it's all so good?

BACON!
    I don't understand,what is that first ingredient.I never heard of left over bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by OldArcher View Post
    On the Seventh Day, God Rested. On the Eighth Day, God Created BACON!

OldARcher
    That's odd. In my Bible God called eating pig an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    I'm afraid to answer because it may be Blasphemy...

I Believe in a Just God.

Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    Old Testament Rules. New Testament allows pig. Just had my Bacon this morning. Local apple wood smoked with no Nitrates. Excellent.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    Son takes left over bacon...
    Never heard of such a thing.

My favorite is bacon wrapped... BACON.

Quote Originally Posted by fish hook View Post
    I don't understand,what is that first ingredient.I never heard of left over bacon.
    I use a giant griswold cast iron and cook up about 5 or 6 pounds at a time. It sits in the oven, seldom makes it through the day, but usually the boys pull out what they want all day long for sammichs or quick things like that.

(it's all our own bacon so we know where it came from and it's cured to our tastes, non of that fancy store bought stuff.)

if you want just cook a small pound or three and use it right away. better that way, but my sons are in and out at funny times. They have 2 sections, the homestead, meema's homestead, and two aunts places that they may have to work around. The family store sells farm stuff, hunting and fishing stuff, and just got the ffl to sell weapons and such.

They eat catch as catch can most of the time.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Old Testament Rules. New Testament allows pig. Just had my Bacon this morning. Local apple wood smoked with no Nitrates. Excellent.
    ISAIAH 66:15 For behold, the LORD will come with fire and with His chariots, like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by His sword the LORD will judge all flesh; and the slain of the LORD shall be many. 17 "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, to go to the gardens after an idol in the midst, eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, shall be consumed together," says the LORD. 18 For I know their works and their thoughts. It shall be that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory. (NKJV)

That's a lie from the pit of Hell. Satan has done an outstanding job convincing the world of lies like this. GOD DOES NOT CHANGE! The prohibition He placed on which animals His people can use for food still exists. As the prophecy from Isaiah 66 shows, those who do not acknowledge these commands will be among those God pours His anger out upon at the time of the Messiah's return. Don't be counted among this rebellious group destined for punishment.

We buy our bacon by the case from our son the butcher. It's thick sliced and smokey flavored. We divide it up into serving sized bags and freeze it. Definitely the best bacon we've ever had!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Now this looks good enough to salivate over.

Michael

Ok now I am in real trouble! Just bit the side of my mouth thinking of this one!

These bacon chips look yummy also...

I am so happy, Lidle's and Aldi both now have "American style" bacon over here and our Super Value (local chain) has artisan "thin cut" which is pretty much the same thing only real dry cure.

For DECADES, it has been hit and misses with taking coolers over the UK to US bases and other drastic measures to get hubby his special treat; I'm all right with UK/Irish bacon (like Canadian bacon pretty much) but to have real, honest to goodness thin, crisp American style bacon when we want it is WONDERFUL!
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by michaelteever View Post
    Now this looks good enough to salivate over.

Michael

Not enough bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by don24mac View Post
    Never heard of such a thing.

My favorite is bacon wrapped... BACON.
    With a side of deep fried butter.

Since we are quoting.

Mat 15:17* Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?*
    Mat 15:18* But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.*

I Believe in a Just God.

Wright’s double smoked....applewood smoked good too. Nueske’s bacon is amazing if you like smoke flavor. But, bacon good. Bacon and cheesy grits...ummmh!