Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Had my first ever flu shot today.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    I can't spell worth a damn either. Spell checkers help some but many times I'm not even close enough for them to work.
    Sorry, but according to Medics post you're TOXIC!

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

My own feelings on this is that it's a free country, and you can get or not get a flu shot if you want.
    That same freedom also extends to your employer, especially in healthcare settings, and he can make the flu shot a condition of employment if he wants to.
    AND you are free to seek employment with a less demanding employer if you don't feel like complying.
    Like I said, it's still a free country.

Personally I'm hit or miss with flu shots. Some years I get them some years not. It depends when I see my doctor.
    If I worked for a medical facility and they required them, I'd get them or seek life somewhere else instead of being a pussy about it.

I've had 3 small pox vaccinations, 1 as a child, 1 in the Navy, and 1 working for the state of Florida. I've had all my childhood vaccinations that were in use back in the 50s.
    I got a whole boat load more when I joined the Navy.
    Then got a couple more when I went to work for Florida.

Military Requirements

Immunizing Agent

Basic Training and Officer Accession Training

Adenovirus, Types 4 and 7
    Air Force recruits receive adenovirus vaccination only when there is evidence of active disease transmission. Coast Guard Recruits only receive this when specifically directed by the Coast Guard Commandant.

Influenza (Flu Shot)
    Navy and Marine Corps officer and enlisted accessions receive the influenza vaccine year round in basic training. Other service recruits receive this shot in basic only during the designated flu season (October - March)

Measles
    Measles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.

Meningococcal
    Quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (containing A, C, Y, and W-135 polysaccharide antigens) is administered on a one-time basis to recruits. The vaccine is given as soon as practicable after in-processing or training. This vaccine is required routinely only for recruits, although its use may be indicated in other situations based on transmission potential and risk of contracting a meningococcal disease.

Mumps
    Measles Mumps and rubella (MMR) are administered to all recruits regardless of prior history.

Polio
    A single dose of trivalent OPV is administered to all enlisted accessions. Officer candidates, ROTC cadets, and other Reserve Components on initial active duty for training receive a single dose of OPV unless prior booster immunization as an adult is documented.

Rubella

Tetanus-diphtheria
    A primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.

Yellow Fever
    Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard only

Routine "Booster" Shots while in the Military
    Influenza (Flu Shot)
    Annual, during "Flu Season" (October - March)

Tetanus-diphtheria
    A primary series of tetanus-diphtheria (Td) toxoid is initiated for all recruits lacking a reliable history of prior immunization in accordance with existing ACIP guidelines. Individuals with previous history of Td immunization receive a booster dose upon entry to active duty and subsequently in accordance with ACIP requirements.

Yellow Fever
    Navy and Marine Corps only.

Alert Forces (See Remarks below for definition of "Alert Forces)
    Hepatitis A

Air Force Only
    Typhoid
    Typhoid vaccine is administered to alert forces and personnel deploying to endemic areas.

Yellow Fever
    Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard (Navy and Marine Corps receive all receive this, regardless of "Alert Status").

When Deploying or Traveling to High-Risk Areas

Hepatitis A

JE Vaccine (Japanese B Encephalitis)

Meningococcal

Typhoid

Yellow Fever
    Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard (Navy and Marine Corps receive all receive this, regardless of "Deployment Status").

When Required by Host Country to Enter

Cholera
    Cholera vaccine is not administered routinely to either active or reserve component personnel. Cholera vaccine is administered to military personnel, only upon travel or deployment to countries requiring cholera vaccination as a condition for entry, or upon the direction of the appropriate Surgeon General, or Commandant (G-K), Coast Guard.

High-Risk Occupational Groups

Plague
    There is no requirement for routine immunization. Plague vaccine is administered to personnel who are likely to be assigned to areas where the risk of endemic transmission or other exposure is high. The vaccine may not be effective in the prevention of airborne infection. The addition of antibiotic prophylaxis is recommended for such situations.

Rabies
    Rabies vaccine is administered to personnel with a high risk of exposure (animal handlers; certain laboratory, field, and security personnel; and personnel frequently exposed to potentially rabid animals in a non-occupational or recreational setting).

Varicella
    When Deployed to Area Where In-Theater Commander Accesses a Biological Threat

Small Pox
    This vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoDImmunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.

Anthrax
    This vaccine is administered only under the authority of DoD Directive 6205.3, DoDImmunization Program for Biological Warfare Defense.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Single dose, 2 'A's & 2 'B's. Not real happy about it but it was the shot or no job. At least it was the single dose version, no preservatives they tell me. I don't fit the criteria for opting out and not sure I'd want to based on what you need to have.

He (LPN) asked if I had any reactions to eggs, I said no. Then I asked if I could get the shot 'over easy'. He chuckled, I thought it was pretty good.

Now waiting to see if I'll get sick for a few days. Took it today so I didn't have to ruin my weekend. Figure if I get sick it'll be all over my new boss and co-workers. Lucky them.

Hoping to use this job to get done what I need to (it's a good job for our area) and then broom it. We shall see. Either way, not thrilled about it.
    Did the ones giving your flu shot, tell you what was in it, before they gave it to you? The pharmacy will not tell my doctor, what's in the flu shot, so they don't recommend their patients taking them.

Noticed a sign outside of one of our chain grocery stores - FREE flu shots.

Stopped by the pharmacy counter, where the flu shots were being administered - asked the one on-duty and unbusy pharmacist who was paying for the flu shots - she did not know.

Somebody has to pay for these "free" flu shots.

Who is footing the bill - for the flu vaccine, shipping out to flu shot centers, on-sight flu vaccine storage/handling, paying the pharmacist for administering the flu shot?

Cui bono? Who benefits by paying for "free" flu shots? In whose interest is it to give flu shots to as many people as possible?

This is NOT a normal, capitalistic/money-making endeavor - this business model, as it is presented/appears to J6P, is a money loser - or, so it would seem.

Follow the money. What is really going on?

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Got the 'Asian' flu in 1957, it segued into pneumonia and I damned near died. Since then, I have always gotten a flu shot and never got the flu. Proves flu shots work.

I have had pneumonia five times. Since I got the pneumonia vaccine with the old geezer booster, I have not had pneumonia. Proves pneumonia vaccine works.

According to the Word on the Street, single shot vaccine vials do not have mercury. Mercury is in vials that have multiple shots. When you think about it, you can see why.

And the Word on the Street is that the current vaccine is 40% effective at best against known flu varieties. The egg medium used to create the vaccine refuses to work for a majority of the known flu's. They are working on alternative schemes but I know not their progress although there have been news reports of a universal flu vaccine.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Got my required flu shot at work on Tuesday. Arm hurt and headache for two days. Was not the only one to complain. Boss got hers, she is sick as a dog now.

Four days now and I'm not noticing anything. Arm wasn't sore, feeling OK otherwise. Extra sniffle or two but I'm thinking that's allergy's as I find that as I progress down the timeline I'm a bit more sensitive to what's in the air.

The tech did tell me to beef up on 'EmergenC' (sp?) and immune boosters for a few days though. But I take 2 big extra C's anyway typically, so I tossed some D in me the last few days to help out.

Here's to hoping I get and give nuttin'!
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    Noticed a sign outside of one of our chain grocery stores - FREE flu shots.

Stopped by the pharmacy counter, where the flu shots were being administered - asked the one on-duty and unbusy pharmacist who was paying for the flu shots - she did not know.

Somebody has to pay for these "free" flu shots.

Who is footing the bill - for the flu vaccine, shipping out to flu shot centers, on-sight flu vaccine storage/handling, paying the pharmacist for administering the flu shot?

Cui bono? Who benefits by paying for "free" flu shots? In whose interest is it to give flu shots to as many people as possible?

This is NOT a normal, capitalistic/money-making endeavor - this business model, as it is presented/appears to J6P, is a money loser - or, so it would seem.

Follow the money. What is really going on?

intothegoodnight

I agree who makes out on free shots.

All the pharmacys around here have them for free, that is a hell of a lot of money, something is very fishy.

I do not trust the gov. or [they] which now days is one in the same.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    I agree who makes out on free shots.

All the pharmacys around here have them for free, that is a hell of a lot of money, something is very fishy.

I do not trust the gov. or [they] which now days is one in the same.
    My tin foil hat says it's free because they know what's in it and they'll get you down the road with whatever else they're pumping into you. But that's my foil...
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    My tin foil hat says it's free because they know what's in it and they'll get you down the road with whatever else they're pumping into you. But that's my foil...

Yep .

May be it is to turn people in to zombie hords when they are ready.

Sorry have been reading a lot of zombie fiction lately.

Remember you have to hit/shoot them in the head to put them down, and do not let them bite you.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt