Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TECH Craig's List ???
+ Reply to Thread

Craig's List ???

Hope someone here can help me with this. I posted a portable AC for sale on Craig's List. It kept getting flagged and removed. When I asked the forum why, all I got was various answers about the price too high, etc. When is it forbidden to ask the price you want to ask? I never got a reply from CL staff.

Some people flag stuff for “sport”. You’re being victimized by one of them.

You know that eBay owns CL, right?

That's what I thought!!! No!! I did not know CL was owned by eBay! I have stuff for sale on eBay. But this is too big to ship, so can't put it there. Thanks for your reply.

That's messed up. And let the basturds let many of the scammers try to sell autos to cheap, to talk people into sending deposits for delivery.

It could be someone in your area that has a commercial business selling air conditioners and who wants to knock down any competition.

Craigslist is free. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Youll have better luck on local buy-sell Facebook pages. Some people like to sit on craigslist and flag all competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    You know that eBay owns CL, right?
    I did not know that!! I despise eBay with a passion. I sold 3 things on eBay and got royally screwed on 2 of them. I would rather take unwanted stuff to the dump than give eBay any of my money. How does CL make money I wonder? Or they just planning to sometime in the future

I second the Facebook marketplace. I haven't sold anything on it yet, but have bought several things off it since we moved, and have had no issues.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Ansata View Post
    That's what I thought!!! No!! I did not know CL was owned by eBay! I have stuff for sale on eBay. But this is too big to ship, so can't put it there. Thanks for your reply.
    You can put things that are too big to ship on Ebay, just say local pickup only. I see many large speaker systems for sale there that they won't ship.

They arn't free for everything. Listing my cabin was free but a help wanted ad cost 35 $.

How did that little red thing get there?

CraigsList is totally dead around here >>>> there's dozens of area Buy/Sell/Trade/ Give Away Facebook sites - new listing every 10 seconds or so ...
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Yogizorch View Post
    You can put things that are too big to ship on Ebay, just say local pickup only. I see many large speaker systems for sale there that they won't ship.
    Thanks for this - I listed there!

Also about Facebook buy/sell idea. So I have tried a couple, still waiting if approved or not. Problem is, I don't use FB - so there is nothing on my page. They might not like that.

Thanks for these good ideas!

Check your account to see if you have the same post from an earlier date, that is still active.
    If so, delete it.

That may well solve your problem.
    Man. GMOW.
    Resist Or Submit.
    It is too late, for words...

______Resistor
    ____/VVVVVV\__

I've had good luck on CL. Lot of variety for the local listings - perhaps because brick-and-mortar shopping is poor around here, WM or nothing. Kind of an early on go-to in any search.

My only personal beef with e-Bay is that they've sent constant daily e-mails, and I've made just one purchase.