Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TRANS Ladies young and old, calling an Uber...
+ Reply to Thread

Ladies young and old, calling an Uber...

...when it arrives and the driver is Muslim, should/would you refuse the ride, considering the shit weve read from England and wherever? Ive never used Uber, would you be charged for the ride anyway, would they let you request a different driver? What would you give as a reason for refusing the driver? Are you given any info, like the name of the driver before you book it or before he arrives?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Yes you can see who is picking you up as soon as you request it. Picture and first name. $5 cancellation fee last time I checked. You can request another driver and likely the driver would not chose to accept your fare again.

Uber in any circumstance is an accident or crime waiting to happen. In the DC area many Uber drivers use rental cars and they buy additional coverages at the time of rental which they think covers the car and passengers they haul commercially (in violation of any car rental contract in the country).

The drivers generally don't buy separate commercial policies as they are supposed to. Those rental contract coverages are null and void if there is an accident. Which incidentally leaves the renter/driver and the passenger out in the cold in terms of injury or material damages. DC is a vicarious liability territory, like the state of Florida. Meaning, if there are damages and the claimant can't collect from the driver, then the claimant has legal right to go after the rental company. Which in turn will go after the driver AND the passenger to collect damages.

Stay out of Uber and Lyft cars-it's essentially hitchhiking for the 21st century.

15 and meanwhile,

the company that Im at, is pushing uber big time for company travelers

like what could possibly go wrong,

No to Uber and the like. I believe in regular cab drivers.

They have always been my Knights in Shining Armor - country girl in the Big City as I am. Was just in Las Vegas on a short junket last weekend to see a concert and again, was so delighted with the the drivers I had taking me around town. In all of the places I've traveled, have NEVER had a bad experience, instead, usually was a very pleasant and informative exchange with interesting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    ...when it arrives and the driver is Muslim, should/would you refuse the ride, considering the shit we’ve read from England and wherever? I’ve never used Uber, would you be charged for the ride anyway, would they let you request a different driver? What would you give as a reason for refusing the driver? Are you given any info, like the name of the driver before you book it or before he arrives?
    No F'ing way would I get into a car with anyone who is a muzzie. No F'ing way would I ever do Uber or Lyft. Even getting into a cab is dangerous nowadays. Our last cab driver drove like a maniac in the rain, could hardly speak English, and getting off a 5-hour flight circling the Bay Area for 1-1/2 hours was nerve wrecking enough. Good thing we brought a bottle of wine with us when we got to the hotel room!
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

GPS doesn't work here. Had a driver flag me down and ask for directions how to get back to the highway. His ride cancelled. He was nasty times two --- he looked like he hadn't had a bath in 2 weeks, stunk, and had a horrid attitude. Why would they let anybody like that work or them?
    I won't ride with anybody. We have difficult, winding mountain roads with no guardrails, heavy deer and livestock traffic.

Oh...and to Muslim-ness or not in a driver? Seriously, I'm not going to judge anybody that quickly. I've known and worked with/socialized with good and bad - as in all races/religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    ...when it arrives and the driver is Muslim, should/would you refuse the ride, considering the shit we’ve read from England and wherever? I’ve never used Uber, would you be charged for the ride anyway, would they let you request a different driver? What would you give as a reason for refusing the driver? Are you given any info, like the name of the driver before you book it or before he arrives?
    I would never use Uber ( or such ) anyway... Look at crime stats... They say they vet the drivers but they don't. You have no clue who you are getting in the car with. Might as well go hitchhiking...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

I've never been inside a cab or Uber, and never intend to. I don't trust anyone, except family, anymore. No way would I ever put my life and well being in the hands of a stranger.
    Last edited by SouthernBreeze; 09-16-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: addition

TONS of issues w/ cabs in these parts

Have yet to have an issue w/ an Uber - also for the NY Metro area have yet to have a Muslim.
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

Actually have never had a bad incident with taking Uber. Cars clean, drivers clean and polite, far better than any cab I've ever been in. Drivers range from college students working around their schedules to bring in an extra buck or two, to retired folks also trying to pick up some extra income (because 401k's and Social Security ain't making it) and get out of the house. In the San Fran/San Jose area young to middle age workers with good jobs just trying to afford to pay rent in that exorbitantly expensive area they live. EVERYONE SPOKE ENGLISH - with I can't say for most cab drivers. So that's my experience so far. YMMV.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Most cab drivers in metro areas are Muzloid these days. That being said, anyone who leaves their house these days without a sidearm is a fool.

i have never been in a taxi or an uber or anything else. they don't have taxis where i live LOL.

my question when i was first in a big city an saw an actual taxi was: is that safe? you don't know that person. what if they are dangerous?

i got laughed at.

then again, i had never seen so many ambulances and police in my life and kept asking "oh my goodness! another ambulance! another cop! what happened?!"

i got laughed at then too. they said it was just a normal day. lol
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee View Post
    i have never been in a taxi or an uber or anything else. they don't have taxis where i live LOL.

my question when i was first in a big city an saw an actual taxi was: is that safe? you don't know that person. what if they are dangerous?

i got laughed at.

then again, i had never seen so many ambulances and police in my life and kept asking "oh my goodness! another ambulance! another cop! what happened?!"

i got laughed at then too. they said it was just a normal day. lol
    I hear ya, hunybee, LOL! Sounds like my first experience visiting Chicago. I got laughed at, too.

No taxis or Ubers out here in the boondocks where I live, either. We do have an elderly guy who has a horse and buggy that makes trips around in our community to the country store and back. I wouldn't have a problem hitching a ride with him, if needed, but even then, I would be armed.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    I hear ya, hunybee, LOL! Sounds like my first experience visiting Chicago. I got laughed at, too.

No taxis or Ubers out here in the boondocks where I live, either. We do have an elderly guy who has a horse and buggy that makes trips around in our community to the country store and back. I wouldn't have a problem hitching a ride with him, if needed, but even then, I would be armed.
    chicago..uffda! don't even get me started......

i got very lost the first time i went to chicago. we went for a wedding of a friend of fezzik's. he was in the wedding and i had to drive to certain locations alone as he was in the wedding party and they were doing wedding party travel to locations.

i got lost in a very non white neighborhood. this extremely white (like see through skin) redheaded country girl that could barely see over the dashboard decided NOT to get out of the vehicle to ask for directions as it was made VERY clear i was not welcome, wanted, or liked. thank the Lord i found my way out and a store that looked safe to ask for directions.

i have yet to return to chicago.

i have decided that i am not meant for big cities LOL
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    No to Uber and the like. I believe in regular cab drivers.

They have always been my Knights in Shining Armor - country girl in the Big City as I am. Was just in Las Vegas on a short junket last weekend to see a concert and again, was so delighted with the the drivers I had taking me around town. In all of the places I've traveled, have NEVER had a bad experience, instead, usually was a very pleasant and informative exchange with interesting people.
    I had a bad experience in Chicago, it was right after 911 and the driver was a muslim who proceed to berate us with his hatred of jews, which was unsolicited btw.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I know a lot of the Uber drivers in my area. Yes, I'd ride with them if I needed Uber.

I probably should be more concerned than I am, but the area isn't crawling with criminals, and I'm not loaded down with bling.

Quote Originally Posted by hunybee
    i have yet to return to chicago.

i have decided that i am not meant for big cities LOL
    I told DH, once we got back home, that I never wanted to go back. I was petrified the whole time we were there. This country girl isn't cut out for big cities, either. I won't even go to Memphis, and it's no where as big as Chicago.

I use Uber or Lyft a lot when traveling. I’ve had a Muslim or two as a driver. And of course I’m always carrying.
    marymonde
    +++++++++++++++++++++

``Where the Bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be;
    even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church'' Ignatius of Antioch, 1st c. A.D

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I know a lot of the Uber drivers in my area. Yes, I'd ride with them if I needed Uber.

I probably should be more concerned than I am, but the area isn't crawling with criminals, and I'm not loaded down with bling.

Same here. Most of the Uber drivers in my area, and Lyft drivers, are on the local FB group and are well known within the community. This doesn't mean they wouldn't do something creepy or stupid, but it's not some random unknown dude showing up at my door to give me a ride.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

What if the driver is not looking for "bling" but a vagina?
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Most cab drivers in metro areas are Muzloid these days. That being said, anyone who leaves their house these days without a sidearm is a fool.
    In Commiefornia that is not an easy option for most. Some sort of “tool”, perhaps an Eatin’ Iron, would be far easier.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    What if the driver is not looking for "bling" but a vagina?
    I'm not exactly a pretty 20-something, and preps pick up pretty quick that I'm a bad a--

That said, there just aren't the ME creepies and tweekers found in larger areas, or my radar would be a lot higher. Most of the Uber drivers in my area are white, community college students or middle-aged women, my neighbors, basically.

(I've moved. I'm not right in Des Moines, anymore)

I'm not exactly a pretty 20-something
    A large portion of Muslim rapes are perpetrated on senior citizens... It is a power play and is not about who is "pretty"

Las Vegas is Uber central. We use Uber ALL the time- like several times a week. Since I am working 2 jobs I am not always available to take DD everywhere and she's afraid to drive (I don't blame her). I am more afraid of her taking the city bus which a pass is $60/ month. DD#2 uses Uber all the time too. Since DD#1 performs downtown and we go watch, we might want to have a couple cocktails and neither of us will drive even after one.

We've had white, ME, black, Asian, Hispanic, a lot of Russians- a whole conglomerate of nationalities. I've never had a rude driver ever. We use it so much now we get discounts almost every week.

If she were uncomfortable she could cancel the ride. It is a $5 fee but that's never happened.
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.