Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT All you plumbers and handymen...
+ Reply to Thread

All you plumbers and handymen...

That well I’m trying to get emergency power to has another problem.
    When we put it in some 40 years ago, there was a slab around the well pipe supporting the tank. We also planted a tree to shade the tank. The tree has now grown enough to tilt the slab enough to break the pipe to the tank. I have repaired that pipe, but there are three more pipes running off to various parts of the ranch. One of them is starting to leak and the valves are needing replacement as well. There are several reducers and as least four unions of various sizes in this nightmare. I wake up in a cold sweat thinking of replacing this crap. My latest thought is to strip out all the unions and broken valves and making connections, especially to the tank that continues to tilt, with flex connections like on water heaters. Is flex made bigger than 3/4”?
    Anybody have a better idea?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Move the tank (it don't really care where it is in the system) and manifold your pipes in the old well house.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

When I replaced all the plumbing in my main pump house we used poly pipe for the drop and too-after the tee/pressure switch assembly then poly again too a pex manifold distribution system.

The only thing that is hard piped in brass is from the tee/pressure switch/hosebib/gauge and to the pressure tank. The rest is all poly and pex.

Trick to useing poly pipe is to use a torch on the end of the pipe to gently soften it before you put the fitting in, then soften a little more so that when you clamp it down it will take the shape of the barbed fitting. Practice makes perfect and it counts here, spend some time practicing to get it right. If you use too much heat the pipe will wrinkle up when you try to put the fitting in. Have a spray bottle handy in case you get carried away. It's cheap and easy to use, you will see.

Pex .
    vienna 1683.

Turn your swords into plowshares ,and you'll be plowing for those that didn't...

We didn't create GOD out of our imagination ,He created us out of his.

Yes Pex.
    Use it exclusively up here. It can freeze but will not burst or crack.

Quote Originally Posted by ktrapper View Post
    Yes Pex.
    Use it exclusively up here. It can freeze but will not burst or crack.
    But I believe that any fittings for Pex that freeze will have a good chance of breaking. Because they are made of either hard plastic or brass.
    But not likely to die free

Quote Originally Posted by BornFree View Post
    But I believe that any fittings for Pex that freeze will have a good chance of breaking. Because they are made of either hard plastic or brass.
    Yes that is possible. I have seen that happen but only once on one fitting. I have seen whole plumbing systems freeze up hard hard up here numerous times and have only seen the fitting burst once and that was the hard plastic Shark bite push lock type fitting. It is very possible that the brass fittings could burst as well but normally the expansion of the freeze pushes out into the pipe first.
    We had a cabin where everything was pex and I had it fixed where we just crank up the generator, build a fire in heater to warm the place back up, quick connect the 12volt pump back in line in a couple hours we had running water from the sand point well again. Nine years we done that while going on road trips for my kids to play hockey and never had a fitting crack.