Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG At Least 60 buildings hit with fires and gas explosions in massacchusetts, 1 Dead, 25 Injured
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

At Least 60 buildings hit with fires and gas explosions in massacchusetts, 1 Dead, 25 Injured

Per BNONews on Twitter

I am at work and on cell so may not be able to post much but wanted to get this up...)

Published 15 mins ago on September 13, 2018

https://bnonews.com/site/index.php/2...massachusetts/

BREAKING NEWSAt least 17 buildings in Massachusetts hit by series of gas explosions
    Emergency services in Massachusetts are responding to a series of gas explosions in the Lawrence area, affecting at least 17 buildings and possibly more, local officials say. There are reports of injuries.

The incident began at about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday when multiple buildings in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover were hit by separate gas explosions. The exact cause was not immediately clear.

Massachusetts State Police confirm that at least 17 fires and explosions have been reported at separate addresses, but local media reported that additional explosions have been reported at nearby communities.

There are initial reports of injuries, but the extent is unclear.

A large number of emergency services are responding to the incident, but local reporters said first responders are overwhelmed. Footage shown on local television showed that some buildings were on fire without any firefighters at the scene.

Law enforcement, including the FBI, is also investigating as a precaution.

Thats quite a few to be happening all at the same time and may be more to this like tampering with gas appliances and safety controls.

This is a crazy scenario.

Somebody monkeyed with the line pressure maybe?

Mass State Police
    ‏Verified account @MassStatePolice

Confirmed fires/explosions plotted on map by MSP Watch Center. As seen, incidents are across a wide swath of dozens of blocks across Lawrence and North Andover.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Update: 23 buildings on fire now..

UPDATE: State police confirm at least 23 buildings hit by explosions and fires in the Lawrence area; it is now a 9-alarm incident

Link to watch live coverage
    https://bnonews.com/site/index.php/2...ts-explosions/

Possible overpressure in a gas line. More likely there was an underground leak and gas ran either through a tunnel (or sheath containing the gas line) connecting the buildings (or near them) or through the ground seeping along the skin of the pipeline.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

I hope it is an accident of some sort and not the result of tampering...

Nah....it's the clean up crew taking out deep state.actors....JK

Awful for all those involved, scary how fast life can go sideways on ya.

Evacuating homes and colleges in Lawrence and Andover. Andover goes to senior center and I think they said Lawrence to a Parthom school...

As many as 50 structures involved per live coverage at link I posted above. (WFXT-TV providing coverage)

Gas line was over pressurized, not good. Hope it’s not sabotage.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/09/...ions-gas-main/

WOW.
    Fire chief to people in south Lawrence
    "if you have gas to your home or business evac now"
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

I've heard of main lines over-pressurizing and sending flames two feet high on gas appliances that were on inside of a home or business.

Also a leaking gas line can infiltrate sewer systems and get inside of homes.

Wouldn't rule out a control system hack either?
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

FBI is on the way

Smell of gas is everywhere.

Ben Simmoneau
    ‏ @bensimmoneau
    8m8 minutes ago

This bears repeating: If you have Columbia Gas service and live in Lawrence, North Andover or Andover, GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE IMMEDIATELY.

Live coverage right now on #WCVB.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Local tv has helicopter coverage of houses on fire with NO fire department on the scene. So many fires.

Edit: left out word
    Last edited by Patriots Fan; 09-13-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Missing word

"The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

39 building explosions??? I hope I misunderstood.

50 individual fires.

YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    39 building explosions??? I hope I misunderstood.

50 individual fires.
    unfortunately it seems to be true, fire departments up there are going nuts.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Has it been determined to gas from a pipeline? Or could it be gas from a fissure deep underground making its way to the surface? Remember NY has had an earthquake fairly recently...

And if it has been posted, please forgive. I did scan the intervening posts but didn't see it.
    You say "trigger-happy cowboy" as if it were a bad thing.

"If they come a'huntin' me; they can consider themselves lucky if they*don't* find me!"

No surrender; no retreat!

If we fight, victory is not certain. If we do not fight, defeat surely is.

Methuen police chief just said 60 plus explosions.

They are going to be shutting off electricity to south side of Lawrence per scanner...

Quote Originally Posted by Caplock50 View Post
    Has it been determined to gas from a pipeline? Or could it be gas from a fissure deep underground making its way to the surface? Remember NY has had an earthquake fairly recently...

And if it has been posted, please forgive. I did scan the intervening posts but didn't see it.
    it appears to be an overpressure problem with the gas system that serves those three towns. fire calls still coming in.

dispatcher on the feed is cool as a cucumber....

Ok, that is just CRAZY!
    ...that those "who having no appeal on earth to right them, they are left to the only remedy in such cases, an appeal to heaven." ~ John Locke
    *~* Appeal to Heaven *~*
    ~Prepare for Our Valley Forge~

Now 60-100 fires, per live news feed!

Praying for those people.

They should have the system shut down and excess pressure bled off by now.

Did someone sabotage the valves AND regulators?

Deplorable

There are regulators in the Distribution lines, high pressure shut in on the PLC systems, emergency shut off valves in the lines, among numerous other safety systems. I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    There are regulators in the Distribution lines, high pressure shut in on the PLC systems, emergency shut off valves in the lines, among numerous other safety systems. I call bullshit.
    Ayup

I can't see this being anything but intentional.

Deplorable

Whomever did this knows their stuff.. gray terror? Have to see if the electrical grid gets hammered too.

With the Russia stuff heating up....I am reminded of what Jeff nyquist warned about for all those years.

Natural gas and propane service line pressures are extremely low compared to water service pressure. Water service pressures are usually in the neighborhood of 30 PSI (though it varies amongst different providers. Our home's service is over 40 PSI). Typical propane or natural gas service pressures might be as low as .4 PSI. Yes. Less than half a PSI. The pressures in the supply lines are much higher, which is why there are usually individual regulators at each residential or business service, which drop the pressure to extremely low levels. The galvanized or black iron pipes in a service line - on the house side of the regulator - are usually rated to 150 PSI. Newer installations with plastic piping have similar ratings. For a service pressure of only .4 PSI, that's an extremely wide safety margin.

Interestingly, the regulators at each service drop are supposed to be able to accommodate high(er) pressure spikes from the supply lines, though in what pressures I don't recall off the top of my head. This is a very bizarre story and I'm very interested in finding out what caused so many catastrophic, simultaneous failures.

Best regards
    Doc

If this is an accident, I don't ever recall scores of homes across multiple towns, going up in flames from natural gas over pressure. Not saying it hasn't happened before.

The authorities and media were pretty quick to come up with the resulting cause.

Happened here before. Google a b chance in centrailia missouri. At dinner and my trac phone cant do much. Blew out reguulators like they werent even there

They are shutting power down in the area

I can't believe that Fox isn't covering this. They are talking the sameo sameo political crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeta View Post
    They are going to be shutting off electricity to south side of Lawrence per scanner...
    That's what I was thinking---IF you don't yet smell gas in your home, SHUT OFF your main breaker---then turn all pilot lights OFF---then get OUT.

Question to any former gas-company guys--in an "overpressure" situation, would it do ANY good to get a wrench (IF the gas isn't leaking or over-pressurizing at your house, YET) and TURN OFF the gas at the meter?

Or would the over-pressurized line just blow apart anyway, regardless?
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Owner's friend and neighbor is the Durham, NH Fire Chief. He's home alone with the children tonight. A Durham "Mutual Assist" crew is already down in Lawrence but Chief may be called upon to render "supervisory assistance." He's saying he hopes he won't be needed as someone has to stay home in case there is a fire here.

If he goes, Owner's wife will look after the children.

She's already put my cup of grain out for tonight. I don't care - just don't EVER forget my cup.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Happened in 2011 in Fairport Harbor, Ohio. Several places burned and many were evacuated. Over pressure in the main feed.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/138...d-to-evacuate/
    If you aren’t making the time to get fit, get to the range and get your head wrapped around taking care of yourself in the future-is-now American Serbia, you are not paying attention.

If you have not been to the range in a month, you are underperforming.
    -BB