Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Hurricane Florence landfall in North Carolina, (Now Cat 2, Sept 13 am)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Well the Haliburton earthquake machine was fired up, might as well fire up the Haliburton hurricane machine as well.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

I'm so tired of this shit. Every damn year at this time when I can least afford itso let's add a ****ing Hurricane into the mix.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    It is looking like Florence will impact anywhere from Florida to Virginia next Weds/Thurs. Further, the impact zone is from the Bahama's to Bermuda, which is just a huge area. It is still looking, at least to me, for a direct impact on either South or North Carolina. My relatives in North Carolina are up in Spruce Pine which is well inland of the coast! Right now Florence is at 74 mph, which is two mph below the 76 mph needed for a Category One Hurricane.

I hope the sheeple are buying preparations right now.
    This is so not good my daughter lives in Wilmington I hope that sucker turns out to Sea

Damn stores are already out of water and bread.
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

I still remember Fran. We were without power/water for 13 days. Did a lot of grilling out! Buckets for toilet.. fun times

I hope Giblin is paying attention.....
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Hognutz, yep I pulled out the Y3K supplies tonight after getting 'The Alert.' I'll wait to see what happens Tues for further action. Thanks for worrying about us! I really think it'll go north to NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblin View Post
    Hognutz, yep I pulled out the Y3K supplies tonight after getting 'The Alert.' I'll wait to see what happens Tues for further action. Thanks for worrying about us! I really think it'll go north to NC.
    Don't be sending it up here to us... We don't want it! Send it out to sea please

OK NCgirl I'll be praying for .... a sea turn.

Much better! Thank you.

LOL!

Stay safe!

11:00 advisory.

Florence expected to make hurricane any time.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Well I just looked out at the ocean from the deck and it looks like the swells are definitely here. The surfers are already out there playing in it and you can really hear the roar now. The rip current risk is going to be off the charts. As far as I know, nothing from local authorities yet as far as what they are going to be doing here at Cape Hatteras. The National Park Service has a high rip current risk forecast out.

Looks like a good day to take the wife shopping
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post

Looks like a good day to take the wife shopping
    Ugh, bamboo slivers under the fingernails sounds more appealing. But hey, I hope your vacations continues as YOU enjoy it.

Thanks for the updates.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Ugh, bamboo slivers under the fingernails sounds more appealing. But hey, I hope your vacations continues as YOU enjoy it.

Thanks for the updates.
    LOL it's called keeping labor peace in the family!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

There are a few computer models showing Florence stalling just offshore the Carolina's and dumping 96 inches of rain. Let's hope that doesn't come to pass. Wouldn't get that much inland or on the coast but even a third of that amount would be devastating.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

They have shifted the cone a smidgee bit north into southern NC.

Still 70mph, not quite a hurricane.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post
    Well, having a front row seat for the last 2-3 big storms to hit OBX, I recall that all of them may have reached their max intensity a day or two before landfall... but all of them lost a lot of steam by the time they did. Not saying that always happens... but honestly, the reality on the beach was way less "catastrophic" than Jim Cantore makes out. Yes, power was out for 2-3 days after Irene... yes, they ALL made a lot of tree mess that needed to be cleaned up... yes, the roofers/siding folks were massively busy afterward, in some places.

But as long as you have some common sense and preps made (not just the liquor store run)... it's not life-threatening. You might go stark raving mad from the sound of generators running that long, though....
    I had an uncle killed in a hurricane in North Carolina, and he was about 70 miles inland. Two trees fell on his house..

Living right here on the northern gulf coast, we always watch hurricanes closely...and we've had plenty to watch!

I am in central NC and watching this with caution, it could hit Wilmington as a cat 4, and probably ride interstate 40 to Raleigh then on the VA!
    I like rum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Infoscout View Post
    I am in central NC and watching this with caution, it could hit Wilmington as a cat 4, and probably ride interstate 40 to Raleigh then on the VA!
    Yep, we are saturated already. A hurricane would cause so many issues, gonna be an interesting week. Just as soon as all the transplanted city putzs figure out we are going to get hit, the stores and gas stations will be empty.

Well, this is the second day in a row that it's poured all day here - after 3 months of way more rain than normal this summer. Just heard flood warnings for Shepherdstown, WV - so Harper's Ferry is next and it'll keep rolling downhill to DC.

I guess this might be remnants of Gordon? I dunno. But the 11 am NHC discussion is saying the probability is increasing that an OH Valley ridge will turn Florence right up the mountains to dump on us AGAIN.

Where can I source a 150 acres force field bubble?

The new Euro model run is slowly loading now. Itís out 48 hours as of this post. A new 12 hour frame should be out every 10 minutes till itís done

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/anal...8090912&fh=-60

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    This is so not good my daughter lives in Wilmington I hope that sucker turns out to Sea
    She should consider a trip to the mountains.

West of Raleigh, anyway.
    Last edited by Dozdoats; 09-09-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post

Thats where I'm at and it will have an impact here. Right now it's raining for the lest two days and more to come for the next three days, this storm will only add to all the rain we have gotten this year.
    If this keeps up into November we may end up seriously buried in snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post
    Well, this is the second day in a row that it's poured all day here - after 3 months of way more rain than normal this summer. Just heard flood warnings for Shepherdstown, WV - so Harper's Ferry is next and it'll keep rolling downhill to DC.

I guess this might be remnants of Gordon? I dunno. But the 11 am NHC discussion is saying the probability is increasing that an OH Valley ridge will turn Florence right up the mountains to dump on us AGAIN.

Where can I source a 150 acres force field bubble?
    I'd like one with a 1/4 mile radius.
    Variable strength of course.
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

From the NextDoor chatter pages,
    We are already sold out of bottled waters at all 8 walmarts, but BJs and Roses still have
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NCGirl View Post
    I still remember Fran. We were without power/water for 13 days. Did a lot of grilling out! Buckets for toilet.. fun times
    What was the one last year/year before that flooded everything and left us withoput power for a week or so?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Fran was 1996, Sat

I was still working then. I didn't think they would ever cut us loose at Bragg the day it was supposed to make landfall. Finally they did, and I went by wallyworld on the way home for some odds and ends - a couple more tarps, a roll of visqueen, staples for the staple gun, batteries etc. I was checking out in the garden center in line with the little old ladies buying flowers and plants etc. when a manager came along with a pushcart and asked if she could go in front of me in line to talk to the cashier. I let her.

The manager gave the cashier a couple of plastic trash bags and a roll of tape, and told her "If the roof blows off, put these over your cash register and tape them down. And here's a flashlight with new batteries for you, see, it works."

People stopped looking at my stuff funny at that point . And I quit worrying so much about being kept at work too long.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Normally I would be the guy saying itís still to early to really worry about this hurricane. However no matter what this storm does in terms of strength, this will be a rain event for the history books.

I wasn't worried about Irma last year...then the flippin wind took down a tree, it fell on my house ( a rental) and lay over a power line. Then the power came back on and sparked a fired. I was out of the house for 10 weeks while it got repaired. And since N.Ga was not declared a disaster area, no FEMA $ was available.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

ďDuring the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!Ē

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

West of Raleigh, anyway.
    The mountains of VA/NC may actually be ground zero for the most severe flooding inland.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    What was the one last year/year before that flooded everything and left us withoput power for a week or so?
    Matthew

But if this one continues on its current path and really comes over at suggested strength, will make Matthew seem mild.

We lost 8 - hundred plus year old pecan trees in Fran. Had a rental house cut in two by one. Sister's car was destroyed. It can get bad around here if the ground is saturated with rain beforehand causing trees to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Thats where I'm at and it will have an impact here. Right now it's raining for the lest two days and more to come for the next three days, this storm will only add to all the rain we have gotten this year.
    If this keeps up into November we may end up seriously buried in snow.
    By the time it gets to you it won't be a hurricane.
    When it hits Wilmington it could be a Cat 4 and have winds over 130 mph

Florence is officially a hurricane and a little disturbance has kicked up south of the Yucatan.

South Texas may get wet.

1. The combination of an upper-level trough and a tropical wave over
    the northwestern Caribbean Sea is producing a large area of
    disorganized showers and thunderstorms between Cuba and Honduras.
    Upper-level winds could become somewhat more conducive for some
    development when the system moves into the Gulf of Mexico in a
    couple of days while the system moves slowly west-northwestward or
    northwestward.
    * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
    * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

Kinda looks like Florence may hook north after landfall.

Deplorable

Seems like the Carolinas have had at least a dry run each year for a few years running now...and this might be the real deal...

And yep, a new disturbance to watch that could sneak into the Gulf...

Isaac is really uncertain...models I've seen want to take it straight west and bury it in Central America...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer
    Isaac is really uncertain...models I've seen want to take it straight west and bury it in Central America...
    Thanks for that, Hammer. I've been waiting for updates on Isaac.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Thanks for that, Hammer. I've been waiting for updates on Isaac.
    Just saw a forecast that pointed out that Harvey started out where Isaac is now, dissipated, regathered in the Gulf, and became a Cat 4...and we all know what happened next.

You just can't take your eye off these storms till they make up their mind one way or the other...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    Just saw a forecast that pointed out that Harvey started out where Isaac is now, dissipated, regathered in the Gulf, and became a Cat 4...and we all know what happened next.

You just can't take your eye off these storms till they make up their mind one way or the other...
    I totally agree.

One of my friends just posted an image of Jim Cantorie at the OBX (Outer Banks)... she's really scared now!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.