Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Hurricane Florence landfall in North Carolina, (Now Cat 2, Sept 13 am)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    My brother in law works for Duke energy... they are all working on this non-stop.

He's saying more like 600,000 without power now.
    Gold is the Money of Kings
    Silver is the Money of Gentlemen
    Barter is the money of Peasants
    But Debt is the money of Slaves

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Neither do we........

Ah, the miracle of the Internet. One of the reasons I don't have TV anymore. That live footage is scary.
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.

Going over the regional WX radar map - looks as if Florence (the hurricane) is headed for Florence (SC)...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Going over the regional WX radar map - looks as if Florence (the hurricane) is headed for Florence (SC)...
    Yes, it is now heading south but will turn and go north thru WV and then on into NY and further north thru Maine sometime next week. Oh and it is going to move really really slow...........................like a snail.....

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

We lost our Internet probably due to downed trees. BP at 29.86 and steady. Wind blowing pretty good, rain sounds like sleet on the windows.

A little cane humor.

Tyrone is ready fo da harracane...

Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Tyrone is ready fo da harracane...
    Tyrone prolly g'wine need new ring and pinion gears soon.

Still holding at 1-cat.

Deplorable

I assume Satanta and Fruit Loop are without power or cell...I know North of their AO went dark last night!

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/2018...lorence-relief

Soldiers headed to Bragg to help with Florence relief

HIDE CAPTION
    Soldiers assigned to 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division ready for Hurricane Florence relief efforts on Thursday at Fort Campbell, Ky. [Pfc. Beverly Mejia/U.S. Army]

By Drew Brooks
    Military editor

Posted at 10:32 AM
    Updated at 11:59 AM

Hundreds of soldiers from up and down the eastern U.S. are on their way to Fort Bragg to assist in Hurricane Florence relief, if called upon.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division, 3rd Infantry Division and 10th Mountain Division, among others, are on their way or preparing to deploy to Fort Bragg to assist local troops and communities, according to the 18th Airborne Corps.

If needed, thousands of soldiers and hundreds of vehicles could be brought to Fort Bragg, said Lt. Col. Mike Burns, a corps spokesman. They will bolster local troops who also have been readying for relief operations.

Burns said federal and state agencies have not requested help from Fort Bragg. But if they do, soldiers would be standing by to provide potentially life-saving aid.

“We want to assure Americans that America’s Army is prepared to respond if they need us,” he said.
    At Fort Bragg, soldiers have spent several days preparing for possible relief operations. They’ve readied sandbags, high-wheeled vehicles that can operate in standing water, generators and fuel.

The 3rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command has staged dozens of vehicles on post, ready to push out to areas hardest hit by the storm if needed.

Department of Defense officials said at least 40 high-wheel vehicles from Fort Bragg were staged for Florence relief operations. Seven helicopters are also being stored in a hurricane-reinforced hangar and could be used in search and rescue or recovery missions.

The Gramps video posted earlier no longer works. I think FNC has cracked down on the people who have been streaming FNC on YT.

Here is a link I found that works:
    http://www.livenewson.com/american/f...s-channel.html

Rain is just now starting to fall here. Wind is picking up too......

Giblin, I hope you doing good over there. Stay Safe!
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Local forecast predicting what's left of the eye to pass over me tonight late.
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Yeah I am looking forward to a long and very wet weekend as it looks like the storm will be using my area as the pole to swing its direction to the north on. Lone and wet weekend for sure.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

Just saw a post by Fruit Loop on facebook saying they still have power and internet. Sat is asleep, She asked that I come let ya'll know.
    Been here 'most every day since '99

We are doing good. Steady rain arrived about 11 with steady winds. One reported gust was 26 mph. So far so good. On the storm surge issue Flo has been sucking our water up north so our low tides are VERY low, which should help the rain drainage. That is until Sun when the winds change and then we may have some coastal flood issues. All of our community is doing good. Hope all goes well as Flo goes over your places. It looks like she is north and turning west from us. Stay safe. Gib

Quote Originally Posted by Giblin View Post
    We are doing good. Steady rain arrived about 11 with steady winds. One reported gust was 26 mph. So far so good. On the storm surge issue Flo has been sucking our water up north so our low tides are VERY low, which should help the rain drainage. That is until Sun when the winds change and then we may have some coastal flood issues. All of our community is doing good. Hope all goes well as Flo goes over your places. It looks like she is north and turning west from us. Stay safe. Gib
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayola View Post
    The Gramps video posted earlier no longer works. I think FNC has cracked down on the people who have been streaming FNC on YT.

Per link/live coverage: 3 deaths thus far
    It's Doom O'clock somewhere...www.righteousgrunt.com
    www.strikehardgear.com

Support a Vet. Made in USA tactical gear, Bible covers & more.
    Live Well, Live Blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by penumbra View Post
    Just saw a post by Fruit Loop on facebook saying they still have power and internet. Sat is asleep, She asked that I come let ya'll know.
    Thanx Pen. I was up all night-till 9 or 10A.M. then it was FL up so now I'm on shift.

Lots of steady rain but no so heavy you cannot see thru it and gusts. Got on tree I'm concerned about because of the angle of the wind blowing, no reason to think it's gonna come down but knowing my luck...
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

mother and an infant were killed when a tree fell on their home as Hurricane Florence made landfall in the Carolinas.

A third death happened in Lenoir County, Gov. Roy Cooper said, when a person was killed while plugging in a generator.

Another person died as a result of a medical incident in Pender County, according to Pender County Emergency Management Director Tom Collins. The woman was at her home in Hampstead.

Collins told WWAY the woman had a heart attack Friday morning.

Emergency crews were unable to get to her because of a downed tree in the road.

A 77-year-old man's body was also discovered at his residence on Middle Street in Kinston at 8 a.m. Friday by his family. Officials believe his death was caused when he was blown down by the wind when he went to check on his hunting dogs.
    Last edited by NC Susan; 09-14-2018 at 03:45 PM.

From the Daily Mail -- lots of photos and videos at the link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Carolina.html

Mother, baby and father were trapped in their house in Wilmington after a tree fell onto it at around 9.30am
    Firefighters tried to lift the heavy tree and managed to free father but the mother and baby died in the crush

Separately, another woman died of a heart attack in Pender County after medics were unable to reach her

Comes as North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper warned of more suffering during the 'thousand-year rains'

Florence made landfall near Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, at 7.15am - winds are now up to 80mph

Officials warned the storm will 'get worse' and 18 trillion gallons of rain is forecast over the next seven days

Storm is now tracking south-west at 6mph, lifting huge amounts of ocean moisture and dumping it on land

More than 60 people were rescued from a collapsing hotel in Jacksonville, North Carolina, early on Friday

Rescue teams are working to free those trapped in New Bern after the nearby Neuse River burst its banks

The Neuse River near the city is recording more than 10 feet of inundation, the National Hurricane Center said

In Jacksonville, more than 60 people rescued from a hotel as building's structural integrity was threatened

Even before Florence hit land, life-threatening storm surge was reported along the coast of the Carolinas

Once a Category 4 hurricane with winds of 140 mph, Florence was downgraded to a Category 1 on Thursday

https://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?...d=gsp&loop=yes

Outer rain bands now showing up on radar, wind beginning to put in an appearance here in NW NC … circulation is evident.

ETA - the local VFDs are having storm prep meetings tonight, too. Flash flood watch now up for the county and area... https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaca...a818c61063179c
    Last edited by Dozdoats; 09-14-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Not Fox. Youtube is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    http://www.fayobserver.com/news/2018...lorence-relief

Soldiers headed to Bragg to help with Florence relief

HIDE CAPTION
    Soldiers assigned to 101st Sustainment Brigade, 101st Airborne Division ready for Hurricane Florence relief efforts on Thursday at Fort Campbell, Ky. [Pfc. Beverly Mejia/U.S. Army]

By Drew Brooks
    Military editor

Posted at 10:32 AM
    Updated at 11:59 AM

Hundreds of soldiers from up and down the eastern U.S. are on their way to Fort Bragg to assist in Hurricane Florence relief, if called upon.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division, 3rd Infantry Division and 10th Mountain Division, among others, are on their way or preparing to deploy to Fort Bragg to assist local troops and communities, according to the 18th Airborne Corps.

If needed, thousands of soldiers and hundreds of vehicles could be brought to Fort Bragg, said Lt. Col. Mike Burns, a corps spokesman. They will bolster local troops who also have been readying for relief operations.

Burns said federal and state agencies have not requested help from Fort Bragg. But if they do, soldiers would be standing by to provide potentially life-saving aid.

“We want to assure Americans that America’s Army is prepared to respond if they need us,” he said.
    At Fort Bragg, soldiers have spent several days preparing for possible relief operations. They’ve readied sandbags, high-wheeled vehicles that can operate in standing water, generators and fuel.

The 3rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command has staged dozens of vehicles on post, ready to push out to areas hardest hit by the storm if needed.

Department of Defense officials said at least 40 high-wheel vehicles from Fort Bragg were staged for Florence relief operations. Seven helicopters are also being stored in a hurricane-reinforced hangar and could be used in search and rescue or recovery missions.
    Many States are sending National Guard troops to assist down there - Just a quick glance at Google - Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Alaska, Illinois - I'm sure there are more States assisting but you get the idea. Massive help is on the way or already on the ground. I'm sure somebody (liberal media) will find some fault somewhere, but that's to be expected anymore.
    From a fireball we came, crossed sea and mountain
    We were drinking beauty with our eyes
    We were given all to make our own, let us be left alone

III

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-09-...ur-safety.html

Hurricane Florence achieves direct hit on Brunswick nuclear power plant

A Texas tv station was showing lineman crews prepping to go, on Monday.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Not Fox. Youtube is doing it.
    I don't have cable so occasionally I would find a free stream on YT (there were usually several) but now can't find any. This change only happened in the last week or so.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...-without-power

Hurricane Florence hits: 4 dead in North Carolina, hundreds of thousands without power

Hurricane Florence has claimed the lives of four people in North Carolina, and left hundreds of thousands without power. Although Florence is slowing, authorities warn the destruction that has already occurred is expected to get worse.

Hurricane Florence claimed the lives of four people after reaching the southeast U.S. coast on Friday, and has left hundreds of thousands without power as it lingers over the Carolinas.

What are the details?
    The hurricane hit the coast around 7:15 a.m. ET, after being downgraded from a Category 4 to a Category 1 storm the day before. Although Florence is slowing, authorities warn the destruction that has already occurred is expected to get worse.

Wilmington, North Carolina, recorded wind gusts as high as 105 mph, where a mother and her 8-month-old infant were confirmed dead after being crushed when a tree fell onto the house they were in, according to ABC News. The child’s father sustained injuries in the incident and was taken to the hospital.

The Daily Mail reported that another woman died of a heart attack in Pender County, and a third woman was killed in Lenoir County while plugging in her generator.

“Hurricane Florence is powerful, slow and relentless,” North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper (D) said at a news conference Friday. “It’s an uninvited brute, who doesn’t wanna leave.”

Cooper went on to say, “It’s getting worse. The storm is going to continue its violent grind across our state for days.”

CNN reported that more than 620,000 customers did not have power in the Carolinas by Friday morning, and by the afternoon Duke Energy announced that it expected as many as 3 million outages, which could take weeks to restore.

According to the Weather Prediction Center, Wrightsville Beach had received over 18 inches of rain from 2 p.m. ET Thursday to 10 a.m. ET Friday.

In the town of New Bern, 30,000 residents stayed behind in spite of mandatory evacuation orders. Rescues were conducted overnight and continue after water levels rose more than 10 feet, stranding residents.

At 2:30 a.m. ET on Friday, the City of New Bern tweeted out: “Currently ~ 150 awaiting rescue in New Bern. We have 2 out-of-state on the way to help us. WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU. You may need to move up to the second story, or to your attic, but WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU.”

The National Hurricane Center reported Friday that “catastrophic flash flooding is expected to worsen today across Southeast NC and Northeast SC.”
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

From that latest radar pic, it would seem that today's rain here is actually an outer band picking up ocean moisture and dropping it over me. Like I could tell the difference "on the ground" here.... LOL.

I don't have cable so occasionally I would find a free stream on YT (there were usually several) but now can't find any. This change only happened in the last week or so.
    YouTube/Google has been busy shutting down a lot of our favorite shows/sites. Policy or doing something against their rules, blah blah.......
    They also have cut people off from their subscribers thus those people are not getting the funds from subscribers and the subscribers are not getting what they paid for.

Lot's of crap to watch on Youtube but not much substance....... Google has decided they can decide what we should see......

NOTE - Now Tropical Storm Florence

Things are deteriorating in the Carolinas...

Deplorable

Wow! Sharks...no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Milk-maid View Post
    Wow! Sharks...no kidding!
    Or just kidding. You would think it's a slow news day.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Listening to the car radio Florence has been down graded to a tropical storm. Its grinding down folks and may not last much longer.

SHARKNADO!!!!!

We have been without power for several hours and running on the generator. Minor damage so far, but we have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Listening to the car radio Florence has been down graded to a tropical storm. Its grinding down folks and may not last much longer.
    Wind is slowing, but we still got 36 hrs of rain coming....