Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Hurricane Florence landfall in North Carolina, (Now Cat 2, Sept 13 am)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hurricane Florence landfall in North Carolina, (Now Cat 2, Sept 13 am)

Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Well, I asked for something to wipe out Dade, Broward and Palm Beach before the elections....this could be my wish coming true!!
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Seems to be headed right for the old neighborhood. Thanks for the graphics!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

What are the odds this swings into Washington, right in the middle of all this latest pre-election kerfuffle?

And a new disturbance has popped up right in the path of Florence.

Deplorable

It looks like Hawaii is going to get pounded by Hurricane Olivia next week. I am unsure what impact a tropical storm directly in the path of Florence will have. It may weaken Florence by stirring up the water and also wind shear.

At any rate, although many of our most famous hurricanes happen in August, September has been shown to have some major storms happen. Hurricane season doesn't actually end until November 1st I think.

And yeah, it looks like people from the Carolinas to Virginia should be out buying bottled water and peanut butter an jelly. One good thing about Florence is the sheeple still have several days to prepare for landfall.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Wow! Florence has a wide impact zone

It is looking like Florence will impact anywhere from Florida to Virginia next Weds/Thurs. Further, the impact zone is from the Bahama's to Bermuda, which is just a huge area. It is still looking, at least to me, for a direct impact on either South or North Carolina. My relatives in North Carolina are up in Spruce Pine which is well inland of the coast! Right now Florence is at 74 mph, which is two mph below the 76 mph needed for a Category One Hurricane.

I hope the sheeple are buying preparations right now.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    It is looking like Florence will impact anywhere from Florida to Virginia next Weds/Thurs. Further, the impact zone is from the Bahama's to Bermuda, which is just a huge area. It is still looking, at least to me, for a direct impact on either South or North Carolina. My relatives in North Carolina are up in Spruce Pine which is well inland of the coast! Right now Florence is at 74 mph, which is two mph below the 76 mph needed for a Category One Hurricane.

I hope the sheeple are buying preparations right now.
    There are no impact zones in the charts posted above, those are probabilities. One is a probability in forecasting the center of the storm, which widens as you look farther into the future. The other is a probability of tropical force winds in a given area. I don't think any of them are atypical.

That said, with such a quiet season this year, I hope people didn't get too complacent. You're right, they should be getting ready.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Logistic cycles

Assuming Florence impacts on the US Coastline on Thursday the 13th, Searcher, the Sheeple have two full grocery store resupply cycles.

If the Sheeple strip the stores Friday, today, the stores will have 48 hours, to Monday to resupply. Next, they will have another 48 hours, to Weds to fill back up again. Assuming the stores get a fire under their rear ends, they may be able to do one fillup by today, another fill up by Sunday, and a final one by Tuesday.

Given the nearly 7 day timeframe for Florence to get here, plus the heavy media coverage, there is NO REASON for the Sheeple living from Florida to Virginia to not have a chance to have the famous 72 hour supply of bottled water, etc etc

So yeah, amigo, if we see a bunch of sheeple screaming they don't have any hurricane supplies on hand, well they will get no compassion from me.

The local authorities will have no excuse if they pull a Katrina, since they will have nearly a week to prepare. In fact, I'm not sure we have many examples where the Sheeple get 5 to 7 days to prepare.

Of course, Searcher the sheeple are the sheeple, so having nearly 7 days to prepare may not matter.

Food stamps (SNAP) on the 10th and Friday is payday.

Lotsa peeps can't just go stock up on a whim.

Deplorable

Florence will hit on the 12th or 13th, which gives the Sheeple a chance to use their food stamps for something other than chips and coke. The sheeple still have no excuse not to have at least 72 hours worth of stuff. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Please pray the hurricane goes out to sea and missed the east coast.

It's not just Florence. There's a system behind her that may just take a more southerly route and get into the Gulf.

September is the time for everyone on the coast to look alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Florence will hit on the 12th or 13th, which gives the Sheeple a chance to use their food stamps for something other than chips and coke. The sheeple still have no excuse not to have at least 72 hours worth of stuff. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Ummm

Enough Malt Likker & hot pockets to get to the 14th and then demand some assistance.

WTF are you thinking???

A certain segment of society is gonna plan ahead and deny themselves instant gratification?

DD is RAYCISS!!

:

Deplorable

semantics

[QUOTE=

I hope the sheeple are buying preparations right now.[/QUOTE]

Well if they are buying preps are they still technically sheeple?

Quote Originally Posted by emiliozapata View Post
    Well if they are buying preps are they still technically sheeple?
    YUP

Or they would have preps already.

Deplorable

17. Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    It's not just Florence. There's a system behind her that may just take a more southerly route and get into the Gulf.

September is the time for everyone on the coast to look alive...
    Get back down stairs.

Sorry folks, we are having a tough time keeping a handle on him, he refuses his meds...we at the TB2K Hedgefund and surf shop will work harder to stop this kind of interference in your lives.

Quote Originally Posted by petedtom View Post
    Get back down stairs.

Sorry folks, we are having a tough time keeping a handle on him, he refuses his meds...we at the TB2K Hedgefund and surf shop will work harder to stop this kind of interference in your lives.
    Now see here.

I have important insights to share upstairs.

What could be more important than your and my meteorological safety???

Florence still has a long way to go before it has a chance of threatening land.

The MSM is pimping these potential storms because it is an easy story for them.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

20. Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    Now see here.

I have important insights to share upstairs.

What could be more important than your and my meteorological safety???

NURSE!!!!

One year ago today we had THREE active hurricanes in the Atlantic, and Irma was bearing down on the Caribbean and on the US coast---we here in GA got quite a pounding before it was over---I'm not anxious to repeat spending a day watching 60 mph sustained storm winds for six hours in the Atlanta area....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Irma
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It figures,

The wife and I take our annual two week vacation to Cape Hatteras and this happens. AGAIN!! We've been here a week and supposed to be leaving next saturday but it looks like we might be getting tossed a few days early. Folks down here are starting to pay attention. Tires will be aired up again and gas tank kept on full just in case. Hopefully this sucker makes the right hand turn and heads north, but it's not looking like it. at the very least the surf will be picking up in about 48 hours or so.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    It figures,

The wife and I take our annual two week vacation to Cape Hatteras and this happens. AGAIN!! We've been here a week and supposed to be leaving next saturday but it looks like we might be getting tossed a few days early. Folks down here are starting to pay attention. Tires will be aired up again and gas tank kept on full just in case. Hopefully this sucker makes the right hand turn and heads north, but it's not looking like it. at the very least the surf will be picking up in about 48 hours or so.
    SHHHHHH!

You might get banned in the future, if they find out you attract hurricanes.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    It figures,

Tires aired up again?
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Florence still has a long way to go before it has a chance of threatening land.

The MSM is pimping these potential storms because it is an easy story for them.
    Doom denier!! Polly!
    Last edited by RB Martin; 09-07-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: piling on!

We've been in Myrtle Beach all week at my parents house. Going to bring everything inside before we leave tomorrow. There not planning on being back for 2 weeks. There not on the water and have good elevation so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    SHHHHHH!

You might get banned in the future, if they find out you attract hurricanes.
    GUAR-AN-DAMN-TEE he ain't as bad as trailer parks and twisters!!!
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Tires aired up again?

Been driving on the beach - reduced tire pressure helps 'float' on the sand.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Tires aired up again?
    Ahh sorry about that, should have explained better. We[re driving the beach every day and you have to air your tires down to about 18 pounds or so or you'll bog down in the sand right to the frame. It's ok to stay at 18 pounds for short trips on the main road, but not for the 500 miles or so to get home. We've been coming here for 25 years and in that time, we've had to evacuate 4 times and had to keep a close eye on hurricanes at least a half dozen times in case they came here. If I ever told the locals that, they WOULD ban me. LOL
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Well, having a front row seat for the last 2-3 big storms to hit OBX, I recall that all of them may have reached their max intensity a day or two before landfall... but all of them lost a lot of steam by the time they did. Not saying that always happens... but honestly, the reality on the beach was way less "catastrophic" than Jim Cantore makes out. Yes, power was out for 2-3 days after Irene... yes, they ALL made a lot of tree mess that needed to be cleaned up... yes, the roofers/siding folks were massively busy afterward, in some places.

But as long as you have some common sense and preps made (not just the liquor store run)... it's not life-threatening. You might go stark raving mad from the sound of generators running that long, though....

Things are Hoppin'

Looks like Florence will make landfall as a major storm.

Helene may wander north into the Atlantic.

Keep an eye on TD Nine, no telling what it will do iffin' it gets into the Carribbean and Gulf.

Deplorable

Well, we are set up here at least. Seems like most of these storms end up affecting Maine in the end. Just need to top off the generator gas cans with reg gas. Oil is changed, it has a new house to live in and we are set. Once more to the store about Wed/Thurs for a couple fresh item things and we are good.

We live in Maine and expect hurricanes to visit yearly. Ho hum........

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Well if you trust the models ( and I don't) I am basically ground zero. Got most things we need. Topped of all flashlight batteries today. Got bread and wife will milk our friends goats and bring home somewhere around 3 gallons of milk tomorrow. Just top off gas on Tuesday is all needed.
    Remember, four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.

Helene looks to be heading out to sea.

Florence and TD9 have the most potential to affect US, but we're still far enough out that nobody can narrow down the areas that need to be the most watchful...models are really of little use until you get a lot closer to landfall, and even then you might get surprised...

Yeah, TD9 is the one I'm watching. It could go anywhere at this point. Depends on when it makes its turn.

WOWWWW!

AAAAAND a new disturbance has popped up, due north of TD9.

(see the top map in post 31)

Many of the maps I'm posting will update here when you refresh the page or come back to it. I periodically repost them for convenience.

Deplorable

Just came back in from spending the day in the Gulf stream on a fishing trip. It is the calm before the storm at least so far. 25 miles out and it was basically flat calm. Did notice a lot of ship movements though, heading out of Norfolk I guess and going south. Surf in front of the hotel is up a wee bit from the swells but nothing dangerous at all. Oh yeah, caught one trigger fish and a bunch of small black sea bass....those went back in to the ocean and the trigger fish went to the gent next to me. I don't feel like cooking. LOL

No link, but just heard TD9 is now Isaac...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
    No link, but just heard TD9 is now Isaac...
    YUP

Showing in Post #31

Deplorable

Maybe I will get to test the mini split AC system I installed in my hurricane shelter. It has been running on "Dehumidify" all year and you could hang meat down there.