Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Pro-gay church plans to build worship space/brewery, donate profits to Planned Parenthood
+ Reply to Thread

15 Pro-gay church plans to build worship space/brewery, donate profits to Planned Parenthood

Pro-gay church plans to build worship space/brewery, donate profits to Planned Parenthood
    Robert Gearty

A building in Santa Cruz, Calif., is being converted into a worship space and public brewery by a pro-gay church that plans to donate some of its beer proceeds to Planned Parenthood, according to reports.

Members of the Greater Purpose Community Church now meet on Sundays at a food lounge to pray, listen and drink beer, KNTV reports.

"There’s nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink alcohol in a responsible manner," Pastor Chris VanHall told the station.

Planned Parenthood has offices in the former bookstore VanHall plans to turn into a brewery by next summer, The Santa Cruz Good Times weekly newspaper reported.

“A church that serves beer and gives the profits away to places like Planned Parenthood is really exciting to me,” the pastor told the paper.

Santa Cruz’s recent Pride Parade included a contingent from Greater Purpose, the paper reported.

VanHall told KION-TV in a report Friday that on Sundays there will be church in the bar "but it’s going to be before we open to the public."

The pastor told KNTV that holding services at the food lounge gave him the idea for the brewery.

"I thought to myself, 'wouldn't it be great if a church could figure out a way to make a product where they split the profits with local community service organizations?' We were like 'hey, we love beer, we love making beer, why not do a brewery?'" he said.

Anyway, he said, his sermons are always better after a couple of beers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/12...arenthood.html

Direct ticket to hell
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Lots of church buildings for sale out there these days. First one I knew of that was turned into a taproom was in Indianapolis -- http://www.saintjoseph.beer/
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    "There’s nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink alcohol in a responsible manner," Pastor Chris VanHall told the station.
    That's about the only part of this whole mess he ISN'T wrong about. The Bible's provisions are mostly against "strong drink." Beer barely qualifies, if at all.

It's not so much the beer as it is the support of the murder factory.

vomitous
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

i always thought the scariest thing Jesus ever said was in describing Judgement Day when we stand before him and he tells some Depart from me i never knew you. they protest Lord we did this in your name, we did that, we healed and preached but Jesus rejects them because they never bothered to know Him, his heart and mind, the right and wrong. they just did what they wanted and expected to be rewarded.

people like this goober remind me of that.
    they are not loving and serving Jesus, they are loving and serving their own vision and pretending it is from God.

donating money to planned parenthood???????
    they think it is godly to give money to a group that deceives people, kills babies and sells their body parts for profit?
    aint nothing Godly about that.
    praying they wake up.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Direct ticket to hell
    and . . . I would HOPE . . . GROUND ZERO for lightening bolts
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

so are they going to name the beer ( rainbow beer )?? and put it in a wide mouth bottle ..
    Consilio Non Impetu (By wisdom, not by rashness)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    i always thought the scariest thing Jesus ever said was in describing Judgement Day when we stand before him and he tells some Depart from me i never knew you. they protest Lord we did this in your name, we did that, we healed and preached but Jesus rejects them because they never bothered to know Him, his heart and mind, the right and wrong. they just did what they wanted and expected to be rewarded.

they are not loving and serving Jesus, they are loving and serving their own vision and pretending it is from God.

they think it is godly to give money to a group that deceives people, kills babies and sells their body parts for profit?
    praying they wake up.
    Very well put, Jazzy. Between supporting the murder of infants and supporting homosexuality, which God calls an abomination, they are the essence of an End-time 'church.' Tickling ears, preaching unsound doctrine, lovers of evil rather than good....

And while drinking beer is not really an issue (drunkenness was the issue in the Bible), owning and operating a brewery isn't great, either. That's on a par with the money changers operating out of the Temple in Jerusalem, making God's house into a marketplace.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

praying they wake up.
    They arent doing this to be Godly.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy

praying they wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder
    Very well put, Jazzy. Between supporting the murder of infants and supporting homosexuality, which God calls an abomination, they are the essence of an End-time 'church.' Tickling ears, preaching unsound doctrine, lovers of evil rather than good....

And while drinking beer is not really an issue (drunkenness was the issue in the Bible), owning and operating a brewery isn't great, either. That's on a par with the money changers operating out of the Temple in Jerusalem, making God's house into a marketplace.
    Amen to you both!

There’s nothing in the Bible that says you can't drink alcohol in a responsible manner," Pastor Chris VanHall told the station.

Planned Parenthood has offices in the former bookstore VanHall plans to turn into a brewery by next summer, The Santa Cruz Good Times weekly newspaper reported.

“A church that serves beer and gives the profits away to places like Planned Parenthood is really exciting to me,” the pastor told the paper.
    Typical liberal, completely (and deliberately IMHO) missing the point. The beer isn't the problem... funding the murder of innocents, OTOH, is very definitely a problem!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by byronandkathy2003 View Post
    so are they going to name the beer ( rainbow beer )?? and put it in a wide mouth bottle ..
    Bet they have no Straws tho.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

You need to be sober to Hear and Understand the Word of God.
    Everything else follows.
    Simply as I see it.

Jeff
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Not much surprises me anymore.

Susan