Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Horrible Smell in Store's Entrance Column Was a Person; WinCo manager figured it was a sewage problem
+ Reply to Thread

Horrible Smell in Store's Entrance Column Was a Person; WinCo manager figured it was a sewage problem

http://www.newser.com/story/263206/d...mpaign=rss_top

Horrible Smell in Store's Entrance Column Was a Person
    WinCo manager figured it was a sewage problem

By Neal Colgrass, Newser Staff
    Posted Aug 12, 2018 12:40 PM CDT

(Newser) A strong smell outside a California supermarket turned out to be someone who had decomposed in one of the store's entrance columns, ABC 7 reports.

Police were called Saturday to the WinCo Foods in Lancaster after a plumber, told it was likely a septic problem, helped knock brick from the column and saw a shoe and a leg inside. "It's been over 100 degrees up here every day," says LA County Sheriff's Lt. John Corina. "I can't imagine being inside that column and just baking. It's a strange development, and if he died that way, it's a horrible way to die."

Police say the victim may be a man who was stopped for a fake license plate Monday night, NBC Los Angeles reports. He crashed the vehicle, ran away from deputies, and got into the supermarket. The man "ran up the steps where the managers [are]," an eyewitness tells CBS Los Angeles. "And somehow he got on the roof. Last I heard he got away." From up there, he could have reached the store fascia and descended into the column.

Whether he died from the fall or baked inside is unclear; he was found on his feet with an arm stuck behind his head. "I saw some gooey liquid and it smelled really foul ... it was oozing out of the pillar onto the pavement," says a witness. "It smelled like death."
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Winco store fronts all look alike. I like shopping at Winco. It's employee owned and much cheaper than any stores around like Food Maxx, Raley's. They carry bulk foods and survival type foods. Here's a pic of the Winco store front. He probably thought that he could get out of the pillar but got stuck - like going down a chimney.

People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Well, he got away from the cops at least.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

For "being a pillar of his community," that guy stank.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

there's nothing in there necessary to access - why in God's good graces would that be left open for shit to get in? >>> sounds like bad judgement from build to store management ...
    Illini Warrior

Is it just me, or is it weird that people don't know what decomp smells like?

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    People are just not exposed to death any these days. Even at the funeral home, everything is purged from smells.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    People are just not exposed to death any these days. Even at the funeral home, everything is purged from smells.
    Exactly. Most people have barely seen anything dead, except for the occasional road killed deer or rabbit.

I do wonder why in the world that pillar was open to access, though!

Summerthyme

Comment on website. "People are dying to get in." LOL
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Along the same line, why do Hollywierd actors ALL SCREAM when they find a stiff, or remains?
    I've no idea what the scream does for them?
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Along the same line, why do Hollywierd actors ALL SCREAM when they find a stiff, or remains?
    I've no idea what the scream does for them?
    People have been conditioned to scream when startled or afraid. The wife and I have gone over it and thankfully, she doesn't scream when things go south. Like a car coming at us head on. Instead, she talks normally and we adjust. It works well for us. I don't get distracted and we are usually able to get through the problem with little or no damage.

I believe that society as a whole is being conditioned to panic when something bad happens. Scream, yell, cover your eyes, etc. Also, our children are being taught not to respond when they are attacked. All that leads to is to allow the other guy to take control. With a few exceptions, the world over is based upon violence. He who has the gun rules. Long term, this panic we are seeing too often in America is bad for us. We may not be able to react the way we need to when the enemy comes at us next.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Exactly. Most people have barely seen anything dead, except for the occasional road killed deer or rabbit.

I do wonder why in the world that pillar was open to access, though!

Summerthyme

Even seeing something dead ain't the same as being downwind of a large, rotting corpse.

Typically, columns like that are metal stud construction with the top open to the attic space. You also see access hatches around chainwalls on the roof.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable