Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Quilt Squares: (It's not about quilting!) August 12, 2018 :)
+ Reply to Thread

Quilt Squares: (It's not about quilting!) August 12, 2018 :)

It's been a good day so far, and I anticipate it will end as a great day. A tad bit overcast, but that's helping to keep the temps down which is a blessing.

Prepping for the week; chores, pre-planned dinners for the week-nights when we get home too late to cook, paperwork for school tomorrow, and some hand sewing while watching movies on Hallmark.

Dinner will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn. Maybe cornbread, though there's enough carbs without it to undo all my work this week on my diet. I've lost 40 lbs so far and I'm feeling wonderful. So, see, I just talked myself out of the corn bread!
    Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me. And now, although ten thousand enemies surround me on every side, I am not afraid.

Psalm 3:5-6

Maybe you talked yourself out of that cornbread but the idea of warm cornbread with butter melting down the side and honey on top has me craving some!

Cleaning house today, organizing some cluttered corners before the fall semester begins at college. It’s a beautiful day outside and I should be doing something outdoorsey. Saurkraut, mashed potatoes and sausage is about to come off the stove. (No cornbread tho). )-:

Still fighting the carb battle here too! I got out of the low carb routine while on vacation and am now struggling to get back to it.

DH has been at a blacksmithing conference in Wisconsin for the past few days, but is on his way home. While he's been gone, I've been trying to catch up on major house cleaning that I've let slide this summer. Today I mopped floors with Murphy's (our whole house has hardwood floors), dusted, and cleaned all the windows on the inside. Did some cobweb clearing too. The spiders and I have a constant battle and they were winning while we were on vacation.

I decided to make chicken enchiladas for dinner today. The recipe we like uses poblanos, onion, garlic, and tomato - all plentiful in the garden right now. I picked up an envelope of Mrs. Wage's salsa mix to make with fresh tomatoes for a side dish too. I know, too many carbs.
    Terri in Indiana

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Plato"

I'm sauteeing zukes, onions, garlic and will be baking with quinoa, sunflower seeds, and sauteed to crispy TVP. Adding cheese, of course. Also artichokes & corn on the cob.

Since it's an overcast, cool day, cooking up pintos for tomorrow's tex mex.

De-cluttering is on my list today.
    Proverbs 28:28 When corruption takes over, good people go underground, but when the crooks are thrown out, it's safe to come out.

Bump for the night shift!
    Then I lay down and slept in peace and woke up safely, for the Lord was watching over me. And now, although ten thousand enemies surround me on every side, I am not afraid.

Psalm 3:5-6

Hi Seabird!
    Tonight we had burritos but since I had a late lunch myself, only DH and DS ate.
    I'm keeping our youngest GS tomorrow thru Wednesday. He's a sweet handful so I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight.
    I pray everyone has a blessed week!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”