Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Michael Brown's mother, Lezley McSpadden, announces run for Ferguson City Council "I learned to walk aga
+ Reply to Thread

Michael Brown's mother, Lezley McSpadden, announces run for Ferguson City Council "I learned to walk aga

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ouncil-n899696

Michael Brown's mother, Lezley McSpadden, announces run for Ferguson City Council

"I learned to walk again, and this is one of my first steps," Lezley McSpadden said, fighting back tears.

Aug.10.2018 / 2:02 PM ET

The mother of Michael Brown, the unarmed teenager who was fatally shot by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, four years ago, said Friday that she is running for city council in the St. Louis suburb.

Lezley McSpadden announced her candidacy along Canfield Drive, near the exact spot where her son, who was black, was shot and killed on Aug. 9, 2014, by a white police officer.

"Almost four years ago to this day, I ran down this very street, and my son was covered in a sheet," McSpadden said, fighting back tears. "I learned to walk again, and this is one of my first steps."

McSpadden said she plans to focus on three issues: community policing, economic equality and access to health care for Ferguson's young children.

She said she anticipated that some people might ask why she was qualified to seek elected office.

In response, she said: "If a mother had to watch her son lay on the street for four hours, and watch our community be completely disrespected by the people we elected, what would you do?

"You would stand up and you would fight, too."

She was joined on Friday by friends and family, as well as Benjamin Crump, the prominent civil rights attorney who represents the Brown family. He led chants of "Run, Lezley, run!"

Crump said McSpadden's political bid was a way to "transform the pain to power."

McSpadden is also calling on Missouri Gov. Mike Parson to reopen the investigation into Brown's killing. More than 15,000 people have signed an online petition as of this writing.

The announcement comes just three days after Bob McCulloch, the seven-term prosecuting attorney in St. Louis County who handled the Brown investigation, lost a primary challenge to a black Ferguson councilman.

Wesley Bell, an attorney and former municipal judge and prosecutor, defeated McCulloch in the Democratic primary. Bell is all but certain to win in November as no Republicans were on the ballot.

Brown's death sparked protests and clashes with police in Ferguson. It also intensified a national debate on race and policing.

Trump won 2626 counties
    Hillary won 487 counties
    In 2018, all 435 U.S. House Members and 34 U.S. Senators are up for reelection.

Stand up and fight what, exactly? Community disrespect?
    Just more hot air from the "offended".
    If it were up to me being a lawyer would be an automatic disqualification from political office.

And the dindus will probably elect her, too.

Time for white flight ...
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

She couldn't do a halfassed job of raising a child and now she wants to help run a town?

Maybe if she had taught her son not to rob convenience stores or resist arrest the community would be much better off today. Why should she be elected to anything because of her failure?

Lezley -
    he's DEAD - he was a THUG - and everybody KNOWS he was a THUG and IN THE WRONG. it's been over 4 YEARS now. go back to sittin' on the porch and pulling on that crack pipe - you're better at that than you were being a "PARENT" . . . besides that, haven't you've already scammed the county enough with the ghetto lottery St Mikie won for you and your baby daddy?
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

NOW is the time to buy into the exploding Ferguson real estate market ....
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by idum View Post
    She couldn't do a halfassed job of raising a child and now she wants to help run a town?
    Hey, don’t be so harsh! She’s perfect for Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    Lezley -
    he's DEAD - he was a THUG - and everybody KNOWS he was a THUG and IN THE WRONG. it's been over 4 YEARS now. go back to sittin' on the porch and pulling on that crack pipe - you're better at that than you were being a "PARENT" . . . besides that, haven't you've already scammed the county enough with the ghetto lottery St Mikie won for you and your baby daddy?
    Attached Images
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    NOW is the time to buy into the exploding Ferguson real estate market ....
    dasrat - tide gon be risin upta frugsun nah - - - LEZ leeeee gwinebe 'lektud
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Her and her husband are gang members!! And the grandmother raised her piece of crap son! I am sick to death of them getting rich and famous off his fat dead robbing murdering body!! These people are the scum of the earth and they have been treated like royalty by the press!! They should have been strung up for inciting all the riots when her husband told his gang banger buddies to burn it down that night!!!