Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TIP South Africa is now minting annual Silver Krugerrands -- they went on sale this week
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

South Africa is now minting annual Silver Krugerrands -- they went on sale this week

I've always thought it was odd that South Africa and Russia never minted silver bullion from their official national mints since silver is quite often a biproduct of mining gold and both countries are huge producers of gold. Russia finally took the plunge in 2009 with its Saint George the Victorious silver bullion coin, and now South Africa has joined the national silver bullion producers club.

The major players now:

Australia (Silver Kangaroo)
    Austria (Silver Philharmonic)
    Canada (Silver Maple)
    China (Silver Panda)
    Mexico (Silver Libertad)
    Russia (Silver Saint George the Victorious)
    South Africa (Silver Krugerrand)
    United Kingdom (Silver Britannia)
    United States (Silver Eagle)

By the way, the new Silver Krugerrands are available on eBay with hefty premiums. Silver closed today on Kitco at $15.42 and the cheapest I could quickly find on eBay was $21.40, which included s&h.

Just a little precious metals tip for those people with more money than sense! (I just bought two!)

-----

New silver bullion Krugerrand goes on sale

Creamer Media Engineering News
    August 7, 2018

The new silver bullion Krugerrand went on sale this week and is expected to generate significant interest, says Prestige Bullion, a joint venture between Rand Refinery and the South African Mint.

The silver Krugerrand is Prestige Bullion’s first foray into silver and its introduction makes this the first time in the Krugerrands’ 51-year history, that the coin is produced in a metal other than 22 ct gold in unlimited mintage.

Linked to the daily price of silver, it is expected that the new Krugerrand will help continue the strong momentum of its predecessor, the gold bullion Krugerrand.

The 1 oz silver bullion coin will be made from silver with a purity exceeding 99.9% and weighing in at not less than 31.107 g and with a diameter of 38.725 mm.

The new silver bullion coin will also bear the same iconic design as the gold bullion Krugerrand featuring the springbok designed by Coert Steynberg on the reverse. The observe of the coin features the bust of Paul Kruger, designed by Otto Shultz, surrounded by 200 serrations.

Each coin has a face value of R1.

“Extending the Krugerrand brand to silver lends it an immediate and unique property as an attractive asset class. The brand’s illustrious pedigree is likely to attract interest from investors and collectors alike.

“The 1 oz silver bullion coin has been developed to serve as a reliable and attainable investment in the Krugerrand,” says Prestige Bullion director and Rand Refinery commercial executive head Richard Collocott.

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/art...07/rep_id:4136

I won’t buy anything from SA now that they’re going to enact white genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Bingo. SA might as well be Somalia now.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Paul Kruger on a new SA coin? Wasn't he an Dutch Afrikaner leader? They must be using the same dies to strike the silver coins. I'm surprised they didn't do a Mandela coin but he is conveniently forgotten by the current ANC thugs.

Interesting, but I'm not going to be getting any. Not because it's South African - IMO, at this point even an ounce of silver concentrates too much value and there are no fractional ounce coins in the series, at least not yet.

I'll stick with junk silver...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I'll stick with Silver Eagles.

Rand Refinery

Concur
    "Be Prepared" - Boy Scouts Motto
    "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." - Jesus Christ, Mk 13:37
    "Don't worry, be happy" - Bobby Mcferrin
    "Take a chill pill" - Mongo

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Right now all silver is junk silver

Shrug. I had one delivered a few days ago from Provident Metals.
    BF was pissed at the premium. ...too bad.
    I see it as more of an ode to the past, besides it is a pretty coin, with the little gazelle-like animal on the front.

I'll have to check out the Russian ones.

Same here. You know... apartheid and all.

I like the silver in the shape of cartridges. I got a couple of 12GA 5oz, a few .308 3oz. and a handful of .45 Auto 1oz..

Chili

I'll go you one better - they shouldn't be allowed to be sold in the US >>> there was a South African gold ban in effect when there was a white SA gooberment ....
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I'll stick with Silver Eagles.
    Me too!

Let's see how tasty those silver coins are when their is no food
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

South Africa is essentially DEAD!! It will follow Rhodesia into oblivion as well.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Buying PM's is completely different from stocking up on food. The usual prepper advice is to get all your preps in order before buying PMs.
    Some non-preppers buy PMs just as a store of wealth with no thought of any end of the world scenario.

the little gazelle-like animal on the front.

On the back - the reverse, or 'tails' side.

And it's a springbok, a local antelope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5Sru8gGSk
    Springbok
    RT 02:22

See also "pronking" - https://www.wimp.com/springboks-cele...s-by-pronking/ RT 02:57 - how springbok show they are happy, and how they likely got their name.
    Last edited by Dozdoats; 08-10-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Precious metals have no politics, no religion, no race, no national debt, or whatever else one cares to identify with attached to them once they're "out in the wild." They are what they are, and if you feel strongly enough about the design or who originally manufactured them or how the miners were treated or whatever you can always melt them down and they still are what they are (that is, precious metals of a given weight and purity). Regardless of how anyone feels about it now, Gold Krugerrands were the very first large-scale gold bullion one ounce coins available to the modern world and are (as far as I know) the only ones that have more than a small token face value. I don't know if it's still the case, but at one point a Gold Krugerrand could be spent at gold spot price in South Africa. Whereas no one in their right mind would today spend a one ounce Gold Eagle at $50 or a one ounce Silver Eagle at $1. Interesting that South Africa now feels the need to give the new Silver Krugerrand only a one Rand face value (which, incidentally, means they aren't simply using the Gold Krugerrand mint dies).

But in any case I got this Silver Krugerrand because I specifically have the first year of issue of all the ones I listed except for the UK and China, which makes this a numismatic purchase rather than simply a precious metals accumulation purchase. As I recall those two countries waffled around quite a bit with designs and purity (and maybe even weight) before settling on their current specs, so it's kind of hard to pin down a "first" year of issue. As for the Krugerrand and silver, a private mint issued a Silver Krugerrand commemorative for the 25th anniversary on the introduction of the Gold Krugerrand and just last year a 50th anniversary Silver Krugerrand was issued. But neither one was really manufactured in really large numbers and not for more than the one year so you can't really call them "Silver" Krugerrands in the same sense as all the other annual issues.

Africa needs to be isolated and designated a nature preserve. No exports, imports, immigration. NOTHING.

Or in 50 years we'll have 4 billion Africans.

Taanstaffl, you may not care about politics, but politics certainly care about you.

I'll stick to American silver.
    "If it were announced to you that the enemy had invaded your cities, your castles, your lands; had ravished your wives and your daughters, and profaned your temples—which among you would not fly to arms?" - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
    Amalric from the sack of Béziers in 1209 during the Albigensian crusade: "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    I've always thought it was odd that South Africa and Russia never minted silver bullion from their official national mints since silver is quite often a biproduct of mining gold and both countries are huge producers of gold. Russia finally took the plunge in 2009 with its Saint George the Victorious silver bullion coin, and now South Africa has joined the national silver bullion producers club.

The major players now:

Australia (Silver Kangaroo)
    Austria (Silver Philharmonic)
    Canada (Silver Maple)
    China (Silver Panda)
    Mexico (Silver Libertad)
    Russia (Silver Saint George the Victorious)
    South Africa (Silver Krugerrand)
    United Kingdom (Silver Britannia)
    United States (Silver Eagle)

By the way, the new Silver Krugerrands are available on eBay with hefty premiums. Silver closed today on Kitco at $15.42 and the cheapest I could quickly find on eBay was $21.40, which included s&h.

Just a little precious metals tip for those people with more money than sense! (I just bought two!)

-----

New silver bullion Krugerrand goes on sale

Creamer Media Engineering News
    August 7, 2018

The new silver bullion Krugerrand went on sale this week and is expected to generate significant interest, says Prestige Bullion, a joint venture between Rand Refinery and the South African Mint.

The silver Krugerrand is Prestige Bullion’s first foray into silver and its introduction makes this the first time in the Krugerrands’ 51-year history, that the coin is produced in a metal other than 22 ct gold in unlimited mintage.

Linked to the daily price of silver, it is expected that the new Krugerrand will help continue the strong momentum of its predecessor, the gold bullion Krugerrand.

The 1 oz silver bullion coin will be made from silver with a purity exceeding 99.9% and weighing in at not less than 31.107 g and with a diameter of 38.725 mm.

The new silver bullion coin will also bear the same iconic design as the gold bullion Krugerrand featuring the springbok designed by Coert Steynberg on the reverse. The observe of the coin features the bust of Paul Kruger, designed by Otto Shultz, surrounded by 200 serrations.

Each coin has a face value of R1.

“Extending the Krugerrand brand to silver lends it an immediate and unique property as an attractive asset class. The brand’s illustrious pedigree is likely to attract interest from investors and collectors alike.

“The 1 oz silver bullion coin has been developed to serve as a reliable and attainable investment in the Krugerrand,” says Prestige Bullion director and Rand Refinery commercial executive head Richard Collocott.

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/art...07/rep_id:4136
    WHY would you want to support an openly thieving, black racist, white genocidal, black government?
    Personal gain should not cause one to throw away their moral compass.

I wouldn't buy those South African silver Kruggerands at $1 each. Let them go the way of Detroit without our money, without the white people they hate, our laws, our God, our genius, our justice, our hard working, civilized, honest people. Generally, Whites REJECT AND CONDEMN the evil white people among us, generally blacks do not.

Saying it is just silver, has no significance beyond any other silver is fooling yourself, not anyone else. That only applies in actual innocence, you can't pretend you don't know WHO you financially helped.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 08-10-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    By Faith and Trust GET IN the Ark of God's SALVATION,
    sent for YOU, which is the BODY of Christ Jesus, his Son,
    without which NO one comes to the Father(Heaven),but through him.

the little gazelle-like animal on the front.

On the back - the reverse, or 'tails' side.

And it's a springbok, a local antelope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr5Sru8gGSk
    Springbok
    RT 02:22

See also "pronking" - https://www.wimp.com/springboks-cele...s-by-pronking/ RT 02:57 - how springbok show they are happy, and how they likely got their name.

The coin was promoted on the website with a picture of the springbok, so I assumed that was the front. I don't mind the portrait of the old guy (IMHO, anything is better than a portrait of the damn Queen, which is why I don't own much in the way of Canadian Maples, or the other Commonwealth issued coins.) I've always wanted a Krugerrand, but didn't get around to buying a one oz gold coin when I could afford one (regrettably stupid!).

SAE's just get a bit boring after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    WHY would you want to support an openly thieving, black racist, white genocidal, black government?
    Personal gain should not cause one to throw away their moral compass.

I wouldn't buy those South African silver Kruggerands at $1 each. Let them go the way of Detroit without our money, without the white people they hate, our laws, our God, our genius, our justice, our hard working, civilized, honest people. Generally, Whites REJECT AND CONDEMN the evil white people among us, generally blacks do not.

Saying it is just silver, has no significance beyond any other silver is fooling yourself, not anyone else. That only applies in actual innocence, you can't pretend you don't know WHO you financially helped.

Roger that.

No matter what you think of South Africa, tanstaafl was just reporting some news and I thank him for that. As the old saying goes "Don't shoot the messenger."

Like any Dhimmicrat American local government, perhaps?

Back when I was still in the Navy 70s and 80s I had 10 South African Krugerands. Eventually sold them. Now all my gold is Eagles or Maple Leafs which will probably never be sold and will be passed on to my kids.
    Back then gold Krugerands used to be well represented in all the coin shops.
    If you remember Howard Ruff, the economic doomer author of the 70s, he used to recommend Krugerands, Swiss accounts, guns and food storage.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

I had a friend that took a bucket list trip, to safari in S Africa. That was 3 years ago and he had a great time but when offered a cut rate price to go back he declined. He talks about the hotel having a tall masonry wall topped with razor wire as one of the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    No matter what you think of South Africa, tanstaafl was just reporting some news and I thank him for that. As the old saying goes "Don't shoot the messenger."
    Absolutely untrue. He said:

That’s not just being a messenger. That’s supporting white genocide.

no way...…..nothing from SA
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Ya'll do realize that the silver is coming out of South Africa whether it's in the form of Silver Krugerrands or some other form? In fact, I suspect Silver Krugerrands will make up a tiny part of their total silver exports. If you truly want to refuse anything whatsoever to do with South African silver then you'd have to give up pretty much anything containing electronics because there's a fair chance it might well contain silver (and/or gold) purchased direct from South Africa by the manufacturers (for example, Intel has employees that do nothing but travel the globe looking for sources of cheap raw materials). And it's not just electronics since there are a huge number of products made with silver, including quite a few US military weapons and most space launch vehicles and satellites. For that matter, even at the height of the Cold War the US and the USSR were still selling each other vital raw materials they each used to build weapons.

However, as far as I know Silver, Gold, and Platinum Eagles are required by federal law to be made from US-sourced precious metals, so by all means stick with those if they're your bullion of choice. As the list I posted shows, there are certainly several alternatives in the silver bullion market -- I just listed the majors, there are also a bunch of minor players. Maybe someone should lobby for a federal law requiring the sources of all raw materials used to build something be disclosed right on the package, although once PMs are melted down there's no way to tell from where they originated. Or maybe it's okay to be "a little bit pregnant" just so long as we don't actually know for sure.

Interesting, but I'm not going to be getting any. Not because it's South African - IMO, at this point even an ounce of silver concentrates too much value and there are no fractional ounce coins in the series, at least not yet.

Same here. Plus, the chance of counterfeit falls through the floor. Tungsten silver eagle, sure. Tungsten mercury dime? Who'd blow that kind of time for that little return?

For what it's worth, cutting a junk silver dime in half gives you a bit over one gram of silver with the added benefit of being able to see what's inside the dime. Now if you really want to go fractional silver you can always buy silver shot made from pure silver and then you could do whatever fraction of a gram you need. Although I have no idea how you'd go about certifying to a trading partner that the stuff was, in fact, pure silver.

For what it's worth, cutting a junk silver dime in half gives you a bit over one gram of silver with the added benefit of being able to see what's inside the dime. Now if you really want to go fractional silver you can always buy silver shot made from pure silver and then you could do whatever fraction of a gram you need. Although I have no idea how you'd go about certifying to a trading partner that the stuff was, in fact, pure silver.
    Mad Max's Fineness Verification would be a great after collapse business.
    I think I'll start watching craigslist for an xray spectrometer.

Big Wealth preservation: bars or rounds. (You hope your heirs must worry about purity)

Everyday purchases: junk coins will be VERY popular
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

If one works with silver and other metals by hammering, bending, melting, etc....

One knows. Even the colour of the flame when a torch reacts with the metal. Don't need to actually melt any metal just run the flame over the metals, the colour of the flame after bouncing off the metal tells all. Then the weight and mass tells the rest.

Also sound, to get a really good ping off a real anvil or what not is huge, some people have made much progress and even a app to detect the purity of metals.

Off a good anvil I can hear/feel the differance of 90%, .999, clad, etc.. with light peens hardly even denting. 999

Just musing...

BTW, pass on the Krugs, much better values in Eagles, Maples, and Libertads. Only because their made here and should be better recognized if we do ever have a real reason to use them in trade.

However if the price was right and I could even make a silver dime off of the exchange of a Krug..., well wouldn't pass that up.

Add a note about tungsten..

It's hard, really hard, does not mix with PMs. Though can be salted into large bars. If a thin waffle of tungsten was used inside of a one ounce coin or bar, and then one hit the bar/coin with a hammer in the middle... coin/bar should brake in half PMs will bend before braking.

Also Tungsten it's self is a vary valuable asset to good welders, not grinders.
    Last edited by West; 08-11-2018 at 07:32 AM.

As far as "safe" junk silver - I hope everyone knows that companies make millions of fake junk silver coins. They make no effort to hide this fact and the coins can likely be told apart from genuine coins with little effort. But they Are certainly out there. They do make the coins look old.

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Or, lets see how tasty paper dollars are when their is no food. Why does it always come down to a black/white issue for some people? Can one not have a robust food storage program and also have metals to store spare wealth? At least your metal can hold value over time not so much with the paper or digital dollars.

FWIW I have mainly junk silver along with silver eagles and some smaller fractional silver rounds. I also have a fair amount of Canadian Maple Leaf's as well. An absolutely beautiful coin.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Can one not have a robust food storage program and also have metals to store spare wealth?

Yes. If you're prudent and fortunate. I've got very little metals to date. I agree that trashing PMs is horribly myopic. My goal and prayer is that my grand-kids or Great-GKs have a big laugh at me as they feed my out-dated freeze-dried food to the chickens. I hope they never need to know the true value of gold or the battle-packs of 5.56 in stripper clips. Historically, for centuries, the PMs I scrounge, WON'T Lose Value. I don't care that I lost 2.735 % of my potential earning from that capitol NOT being in the stock market or pork bellies or tulips. The aversion to PMs doesn't make sense to me.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Who'd blow that kind of time for that little return?

There's a little old brown paper bag in my safe, worn soft and thin with handling and use. It contains little copper discs that used to be pennies, until they were ground down thinner and smaller in diameter to the size of dimes by being rubbed on concrete.

They came from the coke machine my dad used to have out in front of his store. Cokes (the little bottles) were 10 cents, and people would take a penny and grind it down until the machine would accept it as a dime.

Who'd blow that kind of time for that little return? Depends on the circumstances ...

I'm not following the logic of economically starving SA while there are still Whites willing to fight for what they built. The Whites will take the money earned from sales, and use it for bullets, or for getting out. The Blacks, will piss away any money they find - and most of that is/will be foreign aid stolen from the West's tax payers, not from the profits of free exchange.

As long as there are Whites willing to fight in SA, I am happy to support the economy.