Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TECH (one of) My dog's life in BASIC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    You need a loop counter with an exit....
    Lol! V

We’ve been doing this stuff WAY too long....
    LMAO
    You guys are way too old!

I started with TRs-80 Basic. Then was ecstatic when QuickBasic came along. Then moved on to C, C++, Visual Basic, Visual C.
    The oilfield paid a lot better back then so I wrote a few programs for some things that would make my job easier but pretty much concentrated on oilfield career.
    Tastes like chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Intergator View Post
    I started with TRs-80 Basic. Then was ecstatic when QuickBasic came along. Then moved on to C, C++, Visual Basic, Visual C.
    The oilfield paid a lot better back then so I wrote a few programs for some things that would make my job easier but pretty much concentrated on oilfield career.
    Yep. That's a very common progression. I started with a Sinclair ZX81. If I only had a dollar for every line of basic I wrote with that. Then, like you, QBasic, then PLM, then C, C++ ( did a LOT of MFC apps ), and now for the higher end stuff I use only C#. People may hate Microsoft, but their language/tools team is 2nd to none ... by a long shot.

Starting out, I did a lot of embedded hardware design and about 20 years ago started shifting to firmware and Winapp devel only. I'd love to have some of the new PCB CAD apps under my belt, like Altium, but there's only so many years in one life. I make good money, so I can't complain. I hope my marbles stay in the bag because I don't ever want to retire. I like doing this too much.

Well, like with any toddlers, you have to keep constant watch on them!
    That's for sure. I have to keep reminding myself of that when I look at pug puppies for sale. I think my wife would kill me as she's the one who has to tend after them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Intergator View Post
    My first experience with a computer, Monrobot 11, or XI, or eleven, I forget.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

What about walk, chase, bark, bark regularly at.....newspaper person, road crew, trash truck, cat, and then there is scratch?
    It's later than you think!
    (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

Quote Originally Posted by seraphima View Post
    What about walk, chase, bark, bark regularly at.....newspaper person, road crew, trash truck, cat, and then there is scratch?
    He doesn't do any of that anymore. The program in the OP is accurate. Ship it.
    Last edited by FaithfulSkeptic; 08-10-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Deploy via GIT?

Deploy via GIT?
    No no, and NO. GIT is only a few steps away from cargo culting. When I interview, anyone who brings up GIT is moved to the bottom of the roster.

GIT: We are Borg. You will be assimilated.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    Doesn't always work. When Pep (remaining pug) was a pup, even with ample chew toys she still found time to chew on one of the dining room table legs and other furniture on occasion.
    Dottie ate the back off a newly re-upholstered couch at the tender age of three months. I was busy packing up to move.
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.