Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TECH (one of) My dog's life in BASIC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(one of) My dog's life in BASIC

1. Sleep
    2. If not 6 am, goto 1
    3. Gosub 12
    4. If not time for dinner, goto 3
    5. Pee
    6. Eat dinner
    7. Poop
    8. Gosub 12
    9. If not 11 pm, goto 8
    10. Drink some water
    11. Goto 1
    12. Pee
    13. Drink some water
    14. Sleep for 2 hours
    15. Return

Lines are numbered by 10's traditionally...

I’m guessing you would not have duplicate numbers?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Your BASIC is way too old. Let me help:

Code:
    DO WHILE 1 = 1
            Sleep

If not (6 am) THEN LOOP

GOSUB MyLoop

If not (time for dinner) THEN GOSUB MyLoop

Pee
            Eat dinner
            Poop

GOSUB MyLoop

If not (11 pm) THEN GOSUB MyLoop

Drink some water
    LOOP

MyLoop:

Pee
            Drink some water
            Sleep for 2 hours

Return

END

I don't know basic
    So
    My dog's life: ball. Sleep. Ball. Eat. Ball. Poop. Pee. Ball

Actually he can sleep, poop and pee with the ball in his mouth. Eating he has to at least set the ball down for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Lines are numbered by 10's traditionally...
    Forum lists are not.

Lali resembles this post. I bought her a Kong bone with hollow places in the ends to put treats. She gets the treats out and will fall asleep with the bone in her mouth. She finally got the harness and the long lead figured out this morning. Run in a Biiigggg circle as fast as she can- with a small Cedar branch clutched in her teeth- that's the outside chew toy. She runs until she has to GOSUB MyLoop If not (11 pm) THEN GOSUB MyLoop again. Silly pup.
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    1. Sleep
    2. If not 6 am, goto 1
    3. Gosub 12
    4. If not time for dinner, goto 3
    5. Pee
    6. Eat dinner
    7. Poop
    8. Gosub 12
    9. If not 11 pm, goto 8
    10. Drink some water
    11. Goto 1
    12. Pee
    13. Drink some water
    14. Sleep for 2 hours
    15. Return

FaithfulSkeptic, I hope all your pups are well !

Regards, No Dandy !!!

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/5...nd-dog-s-diary

The ever popular pet’s diary,
    Sorry no C&P from my phone, someone feel free to post the text.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    FaithfulSkeptic, I hope all your pups are well !

Regards, No Dandy !!!

They're getting old. We have (had) two pugs, and another schnauzer mix we adopted from my MIL when she went into assisted living. Zoe, the older of the two pugs, was 15 and went over the rainbow this June. Pepper (the other pug) is 14, and while she's healthy is definitely slowing down ... going deaf and sleeps more and more, but still has her bouts of feistiness. Skip, the inherited MIL dog, is blind and deaf and is the source of the BASIC program. The poor dumb thing has no life at all, is having more and more trouble climbing the steps, and soon I fear will need to depart.

My wife say after these, no more. I give her less than a year before a new pug puppy shows up. They are without question the cutest, friendliest dogs with the best disposition ... to me anyway.

I tried to C&P, but could not get it to work. It really is cute !

I cut my teeth on BASIC back in the day.

They're getting old. We have (had) two pugs, and another schnauzer mix we adopted from my MIL when she went into assisted living. Zoe, the older of the two pugs, was 15 and went over the rainbow this June. Pepper (the other pug) is 14, and while she's healthy is definitely slowing down ... going deaf and sleeps more and more, but still has her bouts of feistiness. Skip, the inherited MIL dog, is blind and deaf and is the source of the BASIC program. The poor dumb thing has no life at all, is having more and more trouble climbing the steps, and soon I fear will need to depart.

My wife say after these, no more. I give her less than a year before a new pug puppy shows up. They are without question the cutest, friendliest dogs with the best disposition ... to me anyway.

Sorry to hear of their deteriorating health, and your recent loss. We have had as many as five, various breeds, German Shepard, Labs, Border Collies, Australian Shepherd/ Husky mix, and a Great Pyrenees . We lost our beagle year ago . We are now down to two, a fiesty 5 yr old Lab, and a 6 yr old Chow mix. Loved all those that are gone, and love the two remaining. Also have 4 cats. We like animals. We either rescue from the shelter, or adopt strays that wander in. God only loans them to us for a short while. Wish He would let us keep them longer !

never had a pug, always heard good about them.

Redgards, No Dandy

FS, you gotta find a "Hairy" pup. This little guy is absolutely the friendliest dog I've ever been around in my life. Loves everyone and everything. Goes zooming up to strangers for attention, then flops over against them for a tummy rub. Shepherds just aren't like that. It's been an adjustment for me (and he's driving Aja to absolute distraction.)

Your BASIC is way too old. Let me help:

Code:
    DO WHILE 1 = 1
            Sleep

If not (6 am) THEN LOOP

GOSUB MyLoop

If not (time for dinner) THEN GOSUB MyLoop

Pee
            Eat dinner
            Poop

GOSUB MyLoop

If not (11 pm) THEN GOSUB MyLoop

Drink some water
    LOOP

MyLoop:

Pee
            Drink some water
            Sleep for 2 hours

Return

END
    Where are you variables defined?
    Ezra 9:3
    "When I heard this, I tore my tunic and cloak, pulled hair from my head and beard and sat down appalled"

Hey, this isn't my app! I'm just cleaning up the syntax!

Maybe I should re-write it in C#? Perhaps as an Interface?

But what pattern should I use?

If I could only remember my APL!
    "When I heard this, I tore my tunic and cloak, pulled hair from my head and beard and sat down appalled"

Maybe some RPG3?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    I tried to C&P, but could not get it to work. It really is cute !
    Search for an exact phrase like day xxx of my captivity will give you more choices, I just don’t have the time.

Maybe I should re-write it in C#? Perhaps as an Interface?
    In Skip's case, it would be a static class and the Pee() method would be invoked at ThreadPriority.Highest. The invocation would take a snapshot of the diagnostic timer and if execution latency exceeds 5 seconds, would defer to the PeeOnFloor() method.

Wouldn’t the PeeOnFloor method be more of an override of the Pee() method, where bool “onFloor=True” is passed?

Wouldn’t the PeeOnFloor method be more of an override of the Pee() method, where bool “onFloor=True” is passed?
    Perhaps an event whose delegate is reassigned based on Skip.age

Quote Originally Posted by NCGirl View Post
    I don't know basic
    So
    My dog's life: ball. Sleep. Ball. Eat. Ball. Poop. Pee. Ball

Actually he can sleep, poop and pee with the ball in his mouth. Eating he has to at least set the ball down for a bit.

lol!
    Ginger

Perhaps an event whose delegate is reassigned based on Skip.age
    We’ve been doing this stuff WAY too long....

I’m sorry, an overload. I gotta get my head back into C#

I do enjoy C#. It's how a language should work. Just wish I could have something similar for embedded devel with some of the C# features ... as opposed to using 70's vintage C, or the creeping elegance quagmire that C++ has become.

I’ve had a smidge of BASIC, did a little hand work in Z-80 assembly with a hand wired interface, programmed a 2708 with a hand wired program board, using cannabilized calculator keys on a hand etched circuit board with a hand wired power supply of +5, +12, -5, and the +26 programming pulse. I’m a hands on guy. Way out of date, though.
    This is fun to read, carry on.

Can ya'll get back to talking about dogs please? I have no idea what is being discussed here!

Nerds.

Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by NCGirl View Post
    Can ya'll get back to talking about dogs please? I have no idea what is being discussed here!

NCGirl, Iím right there with you! Two degrees behind my name and I donít have a clue what theyí talking about! lol
    Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee gal View Post
    NCGirl, I’m right there with you! Two degrees behind my name and I don’t have a clue what they’ talking about! lol
    I'm a software designer, it's what I was doing when the dog interrupted, and the time before. The basic program in the OP describes him perfectly. You don't need a degree to understand it.

Ohhh.. this is nice. Reminds me of ForTran worksheets, TI-BASIC and pascal.... too bad I can't remember a tenth of it... hmm.. a hundredth? Hmm.. 'out of memory' indeed...
    "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee gal View Post
    NCGirl, I’m right there with you! Two degrees behind my name and I don’t have a clue what they’ talking about! lol
    Me too! I do know this- what these nerds do beats working out under the sun hands down, especially as they age.

Lali Kong update- the thing lasted two days. Sigh. Vet reccomended something called a Goughnut. At least she doesn't pee on the floor anymore (Lali; not the Vet).
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.

I've loaded the house with toys and chew-treats. Hairy is surrounded by stuff that he can use to exercise his need to chew. Both the toys and Cherie’s are consumed of course, so I get more. Some dogs have such bite force that nothing can withstand it, so it’s not worth trying. Just keep the house stocked and you’re golden.

I've loaded the house with toys and chew-treats. Hairy is surrounded by stuff that he can use to exercise his need to chew. Both the toys and Cherie’s are consumed of course, so I get more. Some dogs have such bite force that nothing can withstand it, so it’s not worth trying. Just keep the house stocked and you’re golden.
    Doesn't always work. When Pep (remaining pug) was a pup, even with ample chew toys she still found time to chew on one of the dining room table legs and other furniture on occasion.

Well, like with any toddlers, you have to keep constant watch on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker22 View Post
    Me too! I do know this- what these nerds do beats working out under the sun hands down, especially as they age.

Lali Kong update- the thing lasted two days. Sigh. Vet reccomended something called a Goughnut. At least she doesn't pee on the floor anymore (Lali; not the Vet).
    So, the vet does still pee on the floor?
    My wife vowed she would break me of peeing in the sink.
    Hasn’t happened yet, but I do take the dishes out first.

As long as you don't pee in the oven...

My crazy big black British Shorthair kitten Furgus AKA "The Furglar" (he steals socks and Only cashmere), got himself into a Nested If (COBOL) and ended up in a Loop going 'round and round on my down comforter duvet this morning (freakout reason unknown) and there was down Everywhere! Lol! V

You need a loop counter with an exit....