Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT My contract is over Sept 1st - UPDATE, post 82
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Praying doors will open and opportunities for employment comes your way. Amen!

Well, it appears that the client has made me an offer. I say "appears" because it's never final until the day one starts the new job.

This is more than a little bizarre because my both my last perm gig that started in 2014 and my current contract gig that started last December were one-time interviews. I can only surmise that the tech market is so tight that employers will try anyone who can maintain a pulse and respiration - heh.

Theoretically I will start on Tuesday.

(cautiously optimistic here)

awesome news!

More of that "winning", I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Well, it appears that the client has made me an offer. I say "appears" because it's never final until the day one starts the new job.

This is more than a little bizarre because my both my last perm gig that started in 2014 and my current contract gig that started last December were one-time interviews. I can only surmise that the tech market is so tight that employers will try anyone who can maintain a pulse and respiration- heh. Theoretically I will start on Tuesday.
    Wonderful
    Am very Happy for youz guys

( Unemployment always terrified me )

At my age, it also scares the crap outta me.

I knew you would land on your feet. You had a lot of prayers lifting you up, too.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

This is more than a little bizarre because my both my last perm gig that started in 2014 and my current contract gig that started last December were one-time interviews. I can only surmise that the tech market is so tight that employers will try anyone who can maintain a pulse and respiration - heh.

Understand all about being "cautiously optimistic", but can't help but be happy for you!
    “When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” - Ronald Reagan

Congratulations!!!
    Author of "Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery." Dreams do come true!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-OReilly-...5105847&sr=8-1

Hoping it comes through for you. Gotta keep Hairy in kibbles …
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Congratulations. You have a ton of experience and they pick up on the fact that you know the technology that you work with. I work in tech also and can weed people out quickly. Plus they probably like your no bs attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post

Understand all about being "cautiously optimistic", but can't help but be happy for you!
    Agree with this, too! Congrats, Dennis!!
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Congratulations Dennis!
    Ginger

Congrats.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

Owner thought that too. But with ObamaCare, it matters not. At 26K Uncle Sugar picks up your whole health insurance tab. At 94K YOU pick it up. Everyone in between gets hit in varying amounts.

If you don't earn much above table - you don't pay much. If you earn MUCHLY below table, Uncle Sugar cares - but only if he finds out about it.

Cash is King. Providing one has SOMETHING (A W2, 1099s, education reimbursements, gifts from children) they can point the IRS to. Even those who appear insolvent (i.e. income below expense) are mostly left alone if they APPEAR to be following the rules and file regular and often. Possibly quarterly if they don't have regular withholding.

Owner says Uncle Sugar has a hard enough time getting all those Immigrants to file. I can see it could be a full time job. Those humans with obvious support but never bother to do the paperwork.

In a way, ObamaCare has opened a freedom gate for those who are afraid of age adverse outcomes. Dare I say that Employers see that gate too and are more likely to let an employee go at 59.82 years old (Owner) and be less likely to be sued for "age discrimination."

Another unintended consequence.

Income guarantee (when it comes) will make it worse.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Dennis I'm finding the IT job market as active as it was back in the 80's.....

I'm even getting calls from TX companies and I can stay home.......
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

That's great Dennis!!!
    Very happy for you.
    "There is only one success....
    to be able to spend your life in your own way."
    Christopher Morley

Good news Dennis!
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Congratulations Dennis! I hope it's a job you like, and is a permanent gig!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

That is great news! I was following this with interest as a person over 50. I keep hearing the job market is hot and it looks like where you are it is. I hope it works out for you

It shouldn't scare you. You have what recent grads don't have: tons of experience. You've seen so many situations and failures/successes you almost intuitively know how to approach an issue while someone with less experience is still trying to figure out what is needed.

Good for you. I am sure you are most relieved!

LIVE WITHIN YOUR HARVEST

Wow...that was fast! Congrats!! Now go make more money for Hairy
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

I am happy you found employment. Let the kibble rain. The pups can feel your anxiety at being betwixt and between. They will be happy with this news as well, even if it just means they know things are well with their Alpha.
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.

A great blessing!!

I understand about the cautiously optimistic....so quietly thanking the Lord for hearing prayers.
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Glad to hear the great news.

Cool beans, dude!

Prayer works! Congrats!

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

In my own little corner, in my own little world
    So happy to hear the good news Dennis!!

I am actually thinking of trying to get some at home tech employment. I know I can't do a regular job but even at 70 I can think and use the computer. If these employers are really looking for some good employees maybe they would consider some seasoned citizens with most of their brain function still intact.

Absolutely wonderful news.

Very strong position to be in the negotiations! Congrats & prayers for a smooth transition.
    It's Doom O'clock somewhere...www.righteousgrunt.com
    www.strikehardgear.com

Support a Vet. Made in USA tactical gear, Bible covers & more.
    Live Well, Live Blessed.

Wow that was quick! But that's the best way-no lag between paychecks is always the best way. You have experience in a field where even the newbies make a good living. You're head and shoulders above them because you have both practical experience and something even more endearing to an employer. That extra special sauce is your patience and wisdom. Yes, employers are more apt to disregard one's age just to get the experience you have. Age isn't a detriment in many fields any more. My company has made a number of hires of people over 65 actually. It's just because you can't get the experience anywhere else. A work issue that would totally rattle a millenial won't even faze an older, more experienced person. Age is the new ace in the hole in hiring with any number of companies these days.

SO GLAD to hear this news! I bet both dogs are dancing with joy!

That is good news!

Congratulations, Dennis!

Outstanding! Someone is looking over your shoulder.

Good news!

I hope it all comes together.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

rooting for this, Dennis. Still looking myself; last project ended June 29.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

Come to Texas. You’ll be working in days.

Well make sure you let us know the for sure of it please