Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ENVR A white rattlesnake? Texas park posts photo of ‘cryptic’ viper known for potent bite.
+ Reply to Thread

A white rattlesnake? Texas park posts photo of ‘cryptic’ viper known for potent bite.

A white rattlesnake spotted Wednesday at a Texas park has produced a collective shudder across the country, after a photo of the snake was shared thousands of times on Facebook.

It’s not an albino. Called a banded rock rattlesnake, the seldom seen species of pit viper has a spotty distribution in only three states along the Mexican border (Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas), and is known for having a powerful bite, say experts.

The photo was posted Wednesday by The Wyler Aerial Tramway State Park in Texas, a 195-acre park within the Franklin Mountains. “We had this little friend come and cool down by one of the doors at the park,” said the post, adding “rattlesnakes won’t strike unless provoked.”

ReptilesMagazine.com says ”banded rock rattlesnakes are very cryptic in nature and not commonly observed because of their coloration, small size and speed.”

They typically grow to only about 2 feet in length, according to the Smithsonian National Zoo, which means the one found at the park appears to be bigger than average.

They also have a “potent venom,” according to SnakesOfAz.com. “If encountered it should be left alone,” says the website.

Reaction to the idea of snake that blends in with concrete has grown steadily as media outlets have carried stories of the photo. The park’s Facebook post had been shared more than 6,400 times in two days and drawn 1,000-plus comments, many expressing fear.

At least one commenter suggested the snake was a new rattlesnake-python hybred.

“Now a brotha ain’t even safe on concrete?!” wrote Keven Lucas in response to photo.

“Nope, Nope, Nope!!!!!!” posted Giselle Miranda Martino.

“Shiver!!! All I’m gonna say !!! Oh and EEEEKKK,” said Carol Ann Duncan Graham.

“Now they’re getting scary,” posted Craig South.

“Beautiful and deadly. Man I have never seen color on a rattlesnake in my life,” posted Pebbles Adrian.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...214825735.html
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Very similar to the Aspen Snow Snake Viper found on the slopes in Colorado. They blend right in as Politicians and Actors and also have a very potent venom.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

This is why the other side aint gonna fare so well in a Civil War-we can barricade them in the cities, turn off the water, power, food and put up warning signs of Rattlers, Spiders and Rabid Critters everywhere. Dump a few over their fence as a warning or even to clear out any encampment outside their Safe Spaces.

Old Southern trick-trap a Raccoon and stick it in a box. Shake thet ol' box till the Coon stops bitchin then set it on the porch of yer enemy and get the hell outta there area-whoever opens thet box is in fer a shotstorm of pissed-off Raccoon.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Hell. Back in the day, my cousins would have driven a couple hundred miles to catch that sucker - and take it home as a pet.

A white rattlesnake?
    Of course it’s dangerous ! It’s white.
    Possibly a "socially retarded" redneck rebel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Of course it’s dangerous ! It’s white.
    And its life doesn't matter.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowboy View Post
    Hell. Back in the day, my cousins would have driven a couple hundred miles to catch that sucker - and take it home as a pet.
    I'd do it now. Got a 150 aquarium sitting out back, tried to sell but no serious takers so it would make a nice big home with extra thick glass.

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

That's what, a "rat a day" sized snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    That's what, a "rat a day" sized snake?
    More like one a week or so. They don't eat much. I had a four foot long greeen and yellow snake-fergit what it was but it ate a couple of Pinkies or small mice a month. More and it would ignore them.

Beautiful snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Beautiful snake.
    x2

Snakes don't bother me. I had a King snake and a boa as a teen. Mother was scared to death of it so she stayed out of my room. My strategy worked!
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    This is why the other side aint gonna fare so well in a Civil War-we can barricade them in the cities, turn off the water, power, food and put up warning signs of Rattlers, Spiders and Rabid Critters everywhere. Dump a few over their fence as a warning or even to clear out any encampment outside their Safe Spaces.

Old Southern trick-trap a Raccoon and stick it in a box. Shake thet ol' box till the Coon stops bitchin then set it on the porch of yer enemy and get the hell outta there area-whoever opens thet box is in fer a shotstorm of pissed-off Raccoon.
    Put the box in their Prius and be ready to video cam the hilarity.
    No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson

Mo is my One.

That one and one more would make a FINE pair of boots. Maybe even a nice hat band too.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

{{{Shudder}}} I hate snakes!

Bawahaha! There are several neighborhoods about 20 miles from here who could use that. Rash of Buglers of GTR lately. Cure that mess right fast.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowboy View Post
    Me too! What a beautiful snake!
    Sherry in GA

"If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again." -- Wayne Dyer

I'd do it now. Got a 150 aquarium sitting out back, tried to sell but no serious takers so it would make a nice big home with extra thick glass.
    I wish you lived near me. I've got a four foot Sonoran Gopher who is outgrowing her vivarium. Haven't found anything suitable locally.