Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? I mean really. WTF.
+ Reply to Thread

I mean really. WTF.

What has happened to America? The land that I love.

How have we gotten to this point where up is down, left is right, and right is wrong.

Why are we not celebrating what we have in common as opposed to what our differences are?

The foundation our forefathers created made for the greatest nation ever. I'm sure that is why immigrants from other countries want to come here.

We were founded as a Christian nation. We are now under an attack for the very foundation that made my this country great.

There are good, nice people around.

There are mean, evil people around.

The evil people are feeling pressure and are responding with vile,evil comments about the people providing light.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO America is that we celebrate evil over good?

Why are we not as a people, condemning evil, rejecting false narratives and stepping up to condem evil people?
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

What happened is that we conservatives gave ground rather than standing fast for our principles. That started in the 60’s, when the youth were ultimately allowed to do as they pleased without consequence. Fast forward 50 years and here we are.

It really is that simple.

Look at all the communist revolutions in the past.

They looked a lot like what we are experiencing.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    What happened is that we conservatives gave ground rather than standing fast for our principles. That started in the 60’s, when the youth were ultimately allowed to do as they pleased without consequence. Fast forward 50 years and here we are.

Nailed it.

As the Good Book stated at the end times:

Good would be evil and evil would be called good.

Texican....

Don't worry. It is going to get worst. There will soon be a time when only evil will be on the minds of mankind,as in the days of Noah.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Look at all the communist revolutions in the past.

They looked a lot like what we are experiencing.
    What they said. ^
    Sapere aude

I think of it as the uncivil war. Posting comments on the internet, which feels anonymous (but often isn't), has encouraged a level of uncivil discourse everywhere. I was listening to the man across the street use the most foul language to his ten year old daughter for not picking up a rag on the deck nearby to help him fix her bike. When people feel there is no consequence to letting their bad temper just pour out, it is very inflammatory. Watching anti-ICE demonstrators use the F-word continually, not to mention their obscene gestures, it is clear they expect no retribution. The guy across the street was teaching his daughter how to talk when thwarted in a very small way- so how is she going to act in her twenties?
    It's later than you think!
    (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

The big lie is called "compromise". Accepting standards that are lower than desirable. And again, and again over and over until there are no standards or morals left.
    It was..
    Sovereign will that appointed Him,
    Sovereign love that sent Him,
    Sovereign authority that assigned Him to his work.
    He is Coming!! Be Ready!!

Isaiah 5:

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
    22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
    23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

Anybody remember what woe is?

Are there many truly humble people left? People appear to be stuck in their admiration of themselves. This is bad, really bad.
    Possibly a "socially retarded" redneck rebel!

We allowed the left to write the narrative. We cowed and let them do what they wanted whenever they called us racist.

We need those guys that had those signs in the 70s that said:

THE END IS NEAR!

They died off prematurely. They were ahead of their time. Or both.
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

Good responses explaining the downfall. I guess not only communism examples, but we can look to history why empires like the Roman Empire fell.

Still, from my perspective, it has happened during my lifetime, exponentially speeding up in the last ten years.

I used to be indifferent to politics, I really didn't care. When George W was elected my best friend used to rag on him endlessly. It made me take no ice and I started researching issues to counter his liberal mental disease. I move from a Luke warm Republican to an avid supporter where the GOP could do no wrong. That is about the time I started actively posting on this board as my first few years of posts will show.

Over time, I have become more and more jaded or some would say awakened. I am no longer a thought slave to an ideological point of view. I believe both political parties are corrupt. One of them espouse ideals that I want to hear but they rarely act on them. The other is trying to destroy this country. What blows my mind is that there are so many people with mental disease that go along with the country destroyers.

I am moving to a point that the word Cold Anger describes. I no longer want to engage in political discussions, save from my rants on this board. People are not going to change other people's minds, their opinions are locked in by the propaganda of whatever media they are watching. I know people that never even watch the news at all, not knowing that version of what is going on. Still,of those that do watch the news, they are locked in to that narrative.

I really respect the research and viewpoints of the people on this board. Multiple facets of issues are discussed with information on hat has been researched from many sources.

I am reaching a point where my "woke" state is transcending into apathy. There is so much insanity happening I no longer feel like rallying against it.

I liked the United States of my youth. I moved to a small town and everyone is nice, at least on the surface. It may be time to quit researching, to turn off the many news sources, to stop reacting to negative information and returning to trying to treat others as I would like to be treated.

I think I'll have a fire in the backyard today while listening to music that I like and reflect on all that is good.
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

God (Yahweh and Yeshua), guts, and guns are what made America, and what made America great.

Edit to add: When we abandoned God (Yahweh and Yeshua) and our guts we made the mess we find ourselves in.

God (Yahweh and Yeshua), guts, and guns are what keeps the dream of real America alive, both in the hearts of real Americans and alive in the world that hates us.

And God (Yahweh and Yeshua), guts, and guns are what will save the remnant of real Americans and real America.

And, the Lord willing, make her remnant great in His eyes again.

Repentance, reconciliation, then rebuilding.

It is the only way.

jmho, ymmv.
    Last edited by Adino; 07-12-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    pragmatic. eclectic. realistic. vivere paratus: fortune favors the prepared

the BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! read it yourself. live it. love it.

it is what it is.........but it will become what you make of it

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    We allowed the left to write the narrative. We cowed and let them do what they wanted whenever they called us racist.

They not only wrote the narrative, they quite literally became the ones teaching HOW to write while at the same time they taught WHAT to write (and think!)

World War 2 should have proven the point that appeasement does not work. On the other hand, neither does tyranny. The road to hell really IS paved with good intentions.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

and it is accelerating....

I used to think that was the root of it, until I talked with an old WW2 B-17 Colonel. He agreed the 60's let it explode, but he said the coast metropolitan centers were very messed up even in the 30's. He, being raised in the plains states, couldnt believe the overall degradation of civilized behavior even back then.

RIP, Colonel George.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I used to think that was the root of it, until I talked with an old WW2 B-17 Colonel. He agreed the 60's let it explode, but he said the coast metropolitan centers were very messed up even in the 30's. He, being raised in the plains states, couldnt believe the overall degradation of civilized behavior even back then.

RIP, Colonel George.
    This is often the case when societies organize and people have too much free time since they no longer grow their own food

One generation builds. The next generation exploits and the final generation destroys. Build - Exploit - Destroy......repeat.

That seems to be the recipe for human civilization through out time. The only difference is that the intervals seem to get shorter and shorter and shorter as time goes on. what a sad, sad song we play....and we never seem to learn a new tune.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.