Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Just How Fast Bikers Are Going At Isle of Man TT
+ Reply to Thread

Just How Fast Bikers Are Going At Isle of Man TT

For the biker enthusiasts here and for those who would crap their pants witnessing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrmC1AWtAZk

About 2.5 minutes long

In case you’re wondering, in 2016 5 riders died.
    In 2017 3 died.
    Since 1911 250 riders died.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Have seen a few videos. Crazy stuff. Not at all a safe course like most race tracks. I think two perish, on average, each year.

That's as may be... but I've always wanted to ride that race route - not at racing speeds mind you; but I wager I'd not get taken for the little old lady I am either.

The next video!
    TT Isle Of Man - Brutal Crashes, Sad Moments 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4Qyc0QO7I

RT4:05
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

That is amazing. I am crazy, but not THAT crazy.

Southside

There are two groups that circle the course, on different days. One group is the professional racers, who generally aren't the ones smearing themselves across the scenery. The other group is J. Random SquidleyBiker, who rides as fast or slow as he wants, on whatever he rode to the race. Those are the idiots who end up going home in ambulances. It's one of the biggest attractions of the TT: The chance to ride the course as if you were a racer yourself, on your own bike. Needless to say, there are a lot of wrecks because the amateurs overestimate their skill and the prowess of their bike.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Can Somebody estimate or confirm that speed in MPH

PDQ that the bikes barely registered on the video

I like riding and thats not for me, thats insanity with a death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    Can Somebody estimate or confirm that speed in MPH

PDQ that the bikes barely registered on the video
    Depeds on where they are on the course, and the camera settings. Best guess is somewhere around 80-90mph. On the longer, more open sections, some bikes will top out north of 150mph. Add 10-15mph in every section if you're talking about the pro racers.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day