Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO If You Don't Believe in Reincarnation... You Will...
+ Reply to Thread

If You Don't Believe in Reincarnation... You Will...

Wow...

This is taken from America's Got Talent, absolutely amazing, and just a little creepy... The transformation that comes over this kid... Well, just watch:

( 5:12 ) Courtney Hadwin: 13-Year-Old Golden Buzzer Winning Performance - America's Got Talent 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPHVLxm8U-0&t=148s
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

I hope whatever fame she attains in life is kinder to her that it was to poor Janis.
    ===========================

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwat...BNn#.slYJMBOQm

This 13-Year-Old Girl Is Basically Janis Joplin Reincarnated
    Don't believe me? Just watch.
    Posted on June 13, 2018, at 2:34 p.m.

Sheridan Watson
    BuzzFeed Staff

OK, I know, the world has 100 trillion different talent shows. There are so many acts out there that everything kind of gets lost in the shuffle. But I need you to stop for five minutes to watch 13-year-old Courtney Hadwin sing on America's Got Talent.
    /snip/

Photos and more at the link, plus older video
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Ok, got no idea what that's about. Are we supposed to recognize the style as being someone who's dead?
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Never liked that particular song but she was definitely a Showboat on it.

So....what the heck is the "Golden Buzzer"? I get it's something big and neato but what is it besides a trophy?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Ok, got no idea what that's about. Are we supposed to recognize the style as being someone who's dead?
    Only if you are old enough... ( See Doz's post )

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    So....what the heck is the "Golden Buzzer"? I get it's something big and neato but what is it besides a trophy?
    They go straight through to the finals round
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Impressive....

and she didn't use any Southern Comfort.

Wow, that was a flashback. And she did it sober!!!
    Happy is the Nation whose God is the Lord. -Psalm 33:12

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Only if you are old enough...
    Oh, Joplin. Execrable singer. I'm plenty old enough.

Oh, Joplin. Execrable singer. I'm plenty old enough.
    I had to look that up...

Lol!

I'd agree but she was a symbol of a generation. Like the Andrew's Sisters, Elvis, the Rat Pack, Rolling Stones, KISS, 80's Heavy Metal Bands, etc...

I'm a nostalgic kinda guy...

Wait until the kid masters Piece of My Heart and Bobby McGee.

My guess, not reincarnation more like neuro-linguistic programming. Powerful stuff when executed properly. Basically, hypnotism on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Wait until the kid masters Piece of My Heart and Bobby McGee.
    Bobby McGee was a butt-kicking song.

But most of her stuff was unintelligible caterwauling. Listening to Janis is like reading Stephen King. Life is too short to spend your time there.

Quote Originally Posted by TorahTips View Post
    My guess, not reincarnation more like neuro-linguistic programming. Powerful stuff when executed properly. Basically, hypnotism on steroids.
    Southern Comfort is "Powerful stuff" when you get into it about 5 inches.

For the youngsters:

Bobby McGee was a butt-kicking song.

But most of her stuff was unintelligible caterwauling. Listening to Janis is like reading Stephen King. Life is too short to spend your time there.
    I can't disagree - I wasn't a huge fan. I remember learning she'd died of an overdose - I was sitting on the runway at Boston's Logan airport aboard a Delta flight headed home. I felt bad for her because she'd always struck me as being a troubled soul
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    she'd always struck me as being a troubled soul
    Pain surrounded her like an aura.

Not everyone has an appreciation of her style. DH and I were crazy about her song Cry Baby and Bobby McGee which by the way was written by Kris Kristofferson. You had to be there during the Vietnam war years to understand what it was like. History doesn't do it justice and concerts now days don't compare.

Saw Janis Joplin at the San Fran Teen Festival in 1967 when I was stationed at Ft. Ord.
    "Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple" Barry Switzer

Janis Joplin wasn't a favorite of mine, neither was that song, but this young lady truly "became" Janis Joplin in that performance.

I'd be interested in hearing her in maybe 4-5 years, when she has decided on her own style, rather than just copying other singers.

enjoyed this a lot

ty

My first thought was also: "If it is her may her life be more blessed this time around" with a Daddy (I'm guessing that is her Dad) like that it is likely, and her voice is simply amazing!

My second thought was she needs to study with a good jazz singer like a friend of mine that teaches in New York; I heard an interview with Janis's Mom once who said her daughter was trained and could have sung in any number of styles.

If this young lady grow s into her voice properly, doesn't smoke or abuse drugs (including alcohol) she is likely to deepen and maintain that voice and bring on her own "style" probably, a good jazz/pop/folk singer with a modern edge, would be a vast improvement over the current wave of computer composed, vapid, pop songs that consist mostly of one-liners like "I love you" (or more profane versions) repeated over and over with a drum beat and some "sexy" dance moves.
    Last edited by Melodi; 06-14-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

https://www.etonline.com/americas-go...e-sings-104089

When Courtney Hadwin took the stage on Tuesday's America's Got Talent, the judges didn't know what to make of the likeable yet incredibly shy young woman who stood before them.

The 13-year-old aspiring singer bashfully admitted that she was "a little bit nervous" as judge Mel B asked her how she was feeling, and she giggled awkwardly when asked questions about her favorite subjects in school.

Before she sang, Hadwin's father explained that his daughter was so shy and reclusive she had a hard time talking with people or making friends, and communicated best through her singing.

However, when it came time to actually audition, no one was expecting the kind of performance the shy teenage AGT hopeful was going to pull out.

Standing motionlessly at the back of the stage, Hadwin quietly gestures for the music to kick in, and the judges were somewhat surprised when the opening chords of "Hard to Handle" by Otis Redding rang out through the theater.

Then, Hadwin opened her mouth and showed off just how big a voice the small teen truly had, delivering a flamboyant and energetic rendition of the iconic tune that absolutely blew away everyone in the audience.

From the first moment Hadwin began to sing, judge Simon Cowell was absolutely floored, and he had nothing but praise for the amazing songstress after her performance.

"Bloody hell, Courtney. You’re like this shy little thing when you first came out. And then you sing, and you’re like a lion," Cowell marveled. "I mean, genuinely, incredible."

However, it was Howie Mandel who was really impressed by the performance. The judge marveled, "You are not from this era. You’re from a whole different era."

Mandel went on to recount the story of Clive Davis discovering Janice Joplin at the Monterey Pop Festival, and signing her to a contract that went on to launch her into superstardom.
    "I’m not Clive Davis, I’m Howie Mandel. The only thing I can do for you, young lady, is give you…" Mandel shared, as he leaned over to smack the coveted Golden Buzzer, sending her directly to the live rounds of the competition.

Hadwin openly wept with joy as the golden confetti rained down from the rafters, and was embraced in a big hug by her proud father, who had been watching his daughter perform from the wings of the stage.

Before hitting the America's Got Talent stage, Hadwin previously competed on The Voice Kids UK, where she made it to the final rounds of competition.

America's Got Talent returns for its fourth night of auditions next Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.

'America's Got Talent': Father of 6 Earns a Golden Buzzer From Simon Cowell
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I really like that song, and I love many of Janis' performances, but I don't think she ever did a cover of that. And I am not really impressed with the girls performance either. Too young to pull that off without looking silly.

Black Crowes

My favorite version - RAW - LOUD - GRITTY - great rousing solo picks up from 5:00 onward and within the next minute or so Jerry gets the crowd completely stirred up before dropping back into main song.

No matter if you have a taste for her style or not, no one can deny that she gave it her all in service of the music. THIS is a real performance, not the autotuned shite abounding on the airwaves. And to bw's point, yeah pain did surround her like an aura and she tapped into that for sure. No one could do this if they hadn't lived it. It almost makes you uneasy like you were a voyeur. If it wasn't for that bit of a smile and her skipping off the stage to lighten the mood at the end, I'd be paralyzed with depression for her.

Last edited by sy32478; 06-14-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Her body is too young, but her voice pulled it off; but she needs proper training ASAP to keep such a voice, to not overstretch it before it is ready and yes help with moves and shakes appropriate to her age and body type (as she grows).

I think her Dad has this well in hand (I hope) as long as her parents have the sense to keep her from signing on to something way over her head, you don't want to stop her from having a career; but you do want her to be alive, well and happy at 65 instead of dead in a miserable heap before the age of 30.

It isn't the singing that tends to do that to amazingly talented young people it is "The Industry" if they don't have a proper advocate and proper protections.

Thankfully the days when young almost stars or stars were "signed over" by their parents (like Dolly Parton was) is long over; thankfully in her case, the people were rather nice but not all young entertainers have been so lucky.

Her best situation now would be to get some exposure, a decent album contract but also one that allows her to finish school and continue taking proper voice lessons and limits the amount of time she can tour and work to a managed amount (again increasing as she nears 18 and her majority).

A good home life, a moderate allowance and even a Summer camp with equally talented young people would be what I would try do if this was my child and if I'd been able to have kids I might have had one.

My father was at the edges of the industry as a jazz pianist in the late 1940's and 1950's, I almost tried to be a professional singer; in fact it was one of Janis Joplin's former managers that talked me out of it; she quoted Janis as saying,

"honey, my life looks good but you know I live my whole life for those few hours I spent on stage, the rest is just one night stands with different guys and a bottle of Jack Daniels to keep me company."

Then the former manager said, "that is what the industry is really like, especially for women, they just eat you and you don't want that;" she then went on to explain all the dirty tricks the music industry used at the time to get people into bad contract deals, use them for all sorts of purposes etc etc...

Just in case I was determined to try and keep going; instead, I went onto college and have continued music as a hobby most of my life and enjoyed playing paid and voluntary gigs at Ren Fairs etc but never did it full time.

This child has a million times the potential that I did; hopefully, her parents will help her both continue her career but stay safe and balanced while doing so - it isn't impossible, just difficult as heck.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Never much cared for janis joplin.

did hear her on the radio, but not my cup of tea.

Hope that young girl doesn't go down the road to hell janis walked. no one outta hurt that much.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Here's the young lady on The Voice Kids (UK) last year. As Doz's post said, she didn't win, but did get to the finals. I gotta say, it looks like she knows what she wants to do, career wise. May her Father guide her & look out for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on4OBUv5ATU
    1.50 RT