Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL She was breastfeeding her daughter when officials took her
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

She was breastfeeding her daughter when officials took her

Well, this is cruel and heartless. The programming continues.

.................................................. ..........................................

(*fair use)

Immigrant mom says federal authorities ripped her baby away as she awaited prosecution at a detention center

Miguel Nogueras, a federal public defender, handles immigration cases.

McAllen, Texas (CNN) — The undocumented immigrant from Honduras sobbed as she told an attorney Tuesday how federal authorities took her daughter while she breastfed the child in a detention center, where she was awaiting prosecution for entering the country illegally.

When the woman resisted, she was handcuffed, Natalia Cornelio, the attorney with the Texas Civil Rights Project, recalled from her interview with the woman, who had been detained under the Trump administration's zero-tolerance policy to refer anyone caught crossing the border illegally for federal prosecution.

Since the policy was announced in May, some 500 children have been separated from their parents within the last month, according to Miguel A. Nogueras, an assistant federal public defender for the Southern District of Texas in McAllen, citing an unofficial count by an attorney in his office.

Some parents who are under arrest tell public defenders they don't know what happened to their children, Nogueras said. Some parents also claim they have been told their children are being taken to be bathed or cleaned up, then the adults don't see them again.

"The government is essentially torturing people by doing this," Cornelio said.

In an interview outside the federal courthouse in McAllen, Nogueras said: "It depends on who the agent is on that day. They'll be told, 'We're going to separate your kids so they can bathe.' And that's not true."

He added: "It's really hard to look in the eye of a mother or father who would plead for you -- help me get my child back."

'My daughter is here'

Inside the crowded federal courtroom, another undocumented Honduran immigrant stood in shackles Tuesday pleading with a judge preparing to sentence him for illegally entering the United States.

Authorities had separated Oman Rodriguez-Avila from his 8-year-old daughter when they caught him and other immigrants crossing the border a day earlier.

"I would ask that you give me a short sentence because my daughter is here," he told a judge in Spanish, speaking through a translator.

The federal judge sentenced Rodriguez-Avila to 15 days in jail because Rodriguez-Avila was previously convicted for the same misdemeanor offense in 2012 and deported.

US Customs and Border Protection did not return calls to address Nogueras' claims.

Cornelio recalled how quickly the tears flowed when the Civil Rights Project interviewed immigrants, whose children had been taken from them, after their arrest for illegally entering the country.

"All the women would start crying and would need to take a couple of minutes before being able to continue talking about it," Cornelio said.

This week, a spokeswoman for the Justice Department's Southern District of Texas said her office could not comment on the number of parents who had been separated from their children or how families were separated because of the zero-tolerance policy.

'It should never happen'

Children generally are separated from parents who are awaiting prosecution for crossing illegally, so prosecuting more parents will result in the separation of far more children from their parents at the border than before the policy took effect.

Those children become the charges of the Health and Human Services' Administration for Children and Families (specifically, the Office of Refugee Resettlement).

In an interview with NPR last month, when asked what he would say to people who say it would be "cruel and heartless" to separate a mother from her children, White House chief of staff John Kelly said: "I wouldn't put it quite that way. The children will be taken care of -- put into foster care or whatever. But the big point is they elected to come illegally into the United States, and this is a technique that no one hopes will be used extensively or for very long."

The administration said it seeks to reunite the families as much as possible after court proceedings, but it puts the onus largely on the parents to locate their children within government custody and seek their return.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the administration's policy last month.

"So, if you cross the border unlawfully, even a first offense, we're going to prosecute you," Sessions told a gathering of the Association of State Criminal Investigative Agencies. "If you're smuggling a child, we're going to prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you, probably, as required by law. If you don't want your child to be separated, then don't bring them across the border illegally."

The new policy does not apply to asylum seekers who enter the United States through an official port of entry without paperwork; those people would only be placed into immigration proceedings.

It has long been a misdemeanor federal offense to be caught illegally entering the country, punishable by up to six months in prison and a $5,000 fine. But previous US administrations generally didn't refer everyone caught for prosecution. Those who were apprehended were put into immigration proceedings and faced deportation from the country, unless they qualified to pursue an asylum claim.

Supporters of the new program credited it with reducing the number of crossings and repeat offenders, while critics said it overwhelmed the courts and US attorneys' offices with low-level crimes that made it difficult to use resources to go after serious and dangerous crime, like drug smuggling and cartels.

Nogueras said he has seen a shift in the caseload. During the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations, public defenders in the federal courthouse in McAllen handled about 20 to 30 cases a day involving defendants facing charges for minor crimes, he said.

On Monday, public defenders handled 170 cases of undocumented immigrants who were charged with illegally entering the country and about 120 on Tuesday. At least 60 children have been separated from their parents over the past two days, according to the federal public defenders in McAllen.

"I'm outraged about it. I'm angry. It should never happen," Nogueras said. "I don't think that this represents the values of the American people."

CNN's Tal Kopan and Jason Hanna contributed to this report.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/us/im...der/index.html
    Last edited by TammyinWI; 06-13-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Just noticed that someone on NPR used the same words that i had...(gasp.)
    Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell

Sooooo... just MAYBE you shouldn't haul your baby along while you're BREAKING THE FREAKIN' Law!!

I am SO sick of this...

Would anyone find the argument reasonable that "boohooo... the cops arrested me for robbing the bank while I was nursing my baby in the parking lot with the loot next to me"?!

ENOUGH! I can pretty well guarantee that anyone trying to cross the border into Mexico, Nicaraugua or other South American countries without ALL their papers in order (and half the time, the proper bribes) will be tossed into a prison that would make our 'detention centers" look like country clubs.

Why in hell are we the only country in the world not allowed to defend our borders?!

Summerthyme

They're here illegally and they're using their kids as props. If they gave a rats ass about their kid, they wouldn't be here illegally - breaking our laws. I do not have any sympathy whatsoever for these illegals who have come here, popped out a kid and think they can remain. No excuse!
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Sooooo... just MAYBE you shouldn't haul your baby along while you're BREAKING THE FREAKIN' Law!!

I am SO sick of this...

Would anyone find the argument reasonable that "boohooo... the cops arrested me for robbing the bank while I was nursing my baby in the parking lot with the loot next to me"?!

ENOUGH! I can pretty well guarantee that anyone trying to cross the border into Mexico, Nicaraugua or other South American countries without ALL their papers in order (and half the time, the proper bribes) will be tossed into a prison that would make our 'detention centers" look like country clubs.

Why in hell are we the only country in the world not allowed to defend our borders?!

Summerthyme
    Summerthyme, you're an administrator, can you talk the other mods into getting a thumbs up and thumbs down button, or even a "like" button would do. I'd give you 10 thumbs up for your comment.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Bardou you forgot to say "they pop out a kid while waving a Mexican Flag."

We have all seen the play book.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

She wanted an anchor baby..

Well, couldn't they wait until the child was fed?

Were they trying to get a peek at something private?
    Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell

Boo Freakin' Hoo
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Bardou you forgot to say "they pop out a kid while waving a Mexican Flag."

We have all seen the play book.
    Look at all of them sitting there! Pisses me off!

That CNN newscaster can take them all home with her. Cher can come get her fill of them too, after all, she promised to open up her home to them. I hear crickets....

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post

To them Tammy, they've seen all the teats they need to see. Jail is no place for a baby, she should have thought about that.

Sorry, but my give a damn meter is broken today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    To them Tammy, they've seen all the teats they need to see. Jail is no place for a baby, she should have thought about that.
    How do you know? Maybe it was a perv in uniform using their authority to...take liberties they shouldn't have...even could have been a militant femi-nazi with a butch man-handling human beings.

And it is not the child's fault that they have a dummy of a parent that breaks the law. Had this come to mind:

Luke 17:2 - It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

How do you know? Maybe it was a perv in uniform using their authority to...take liberties they shouldn't have...even could have been a militant femi-nazi with a butch man-handling human beings.

And it is not the child's fault that they have a dummy of a parent that breaks the law. Had this come to mind:

Luke 17:2 - It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
    That verse is referring to adults who lead children INTO SIN.

Which, in this case, would be the PARENTS.

If those parents REALLY LOVED THEIR KIDS, they would NOT put them in danger, or put themselves in jeopardy of LOSING them.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

HONESTLY! If "cruel and heartless" is the only to keep these people out, then I am just FINE with that! Maybe SHE could have waited to enter until she could do so legally.

Why is the US the only country that is expected to play nice?

She is illegal! I couldn't ******g care less about how she is treated! Hey migrants, don't come here, if you don't like the way we do things. The Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc. shouldn't apply to invaders.

Demographics is destiny. We don't need any more of the entitlement mentality types, and she proved herself to be one of those. Good riddance!

Furthermore, nobody gives a shit about some migrant's tit! And, NO Border Patrol really doesn't have time - we are being flooded. What don't you get about an INVASION, Tammy? Hey lady, wanna feed your baby in peace?...stay the Hell out of this country until you are legal!!

Careful on citation from the Bible.

He also said "The Poor will always be with you."

and

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

As in this case rendering obedience. Caesar has immigration law for reason, not the least of which is protecting America's (everyone here) interest.

Citation from The Bible CAN be a convenient argument stopper. We have a Religion Sub-Board where this is encouraged.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Yeah, I feel sorry for her and her baby. DEPORT THEM BOTH QUICKLY, don't make them suffer any longer!

This really is a zero sum game. Resources used to support illegals are RIPPED AWAY from American citizens. It's gone on far too long, time to cut it off.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    HONESTLY! If "cruel and heartless" is the only to keep these people out, then I am just FINE with that! Maybe SHE could have waited to enter until she could do so legally.

Why is the US the only country that is expected to play nice?

She is illegal! I couldn't ******g care less about how she is treated! Hey migrants, don't come here, if you don't like the way we do things. The Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc. shouldn't apply to invaders.

Demographics is destiny. We don't need any more of the entitlement mentality types, and she proved herself to be one of those. Good riddance!

Furthermore, nobody gives a shit about some migrant's tit! And, NO Border Patrol really doesn't have time - we are being flooded. What don't you get about an INVASION, Tammy? Hey lady, wanna feed your baby in peace?...stay the Hell out of this country until you are legal!!
    You are now making false assumptions and putting words in my mouth.

How come TPTB let this illegal travesty go on for so long?

Pollyticks - Repugnicans want cheap labor, Dhimmicrats want more welfare voters.

And the globalists on both sides want to destroy America.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    Careful on citation from the Bible.

He also said "The Poor will always be with you."

and

"Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

As in this case rendering obedience. Caesar has immigration law for reason, not the least of which is protecting America's (everyone here) interest.

Citation from The Bible CAN be a convenient argument stopper. We have a Religion Sub-Board where this is encouraged.

Dobbin
    "Argument stopper?" Not my intention for adding it, and besides who is arguing? I didn't want to...& people are conveniently ignoring the bolded sentence up there.

Well, in staying with your line of thinking: How about treating others kindly even if they don't support someone some others idolize?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

Pollyticks - Repugnicans want cheap labor, Dhimmicrats want more welfare voters.

And the globalists on both sides want to destroy America.
    Ain't it just GRAND? not.

here's a clue you simpleton . . .

you KNEW the shit you were doing was ILLEGAL when you left the house in Honduras (or where ever)
    you KNEW you had a kid with you (or were going to pop one out along the way) before you left the house
    you don't seem to have been too worried about it all before you left the house

don't cry about the shit storm YOU put your kid in by leaving the house in the first place
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

All children should be immediately shipped to the social services of their home country. Parents can join them when they are out of jail.

This is the most moral standing. Encouraging illegal immigration causes horrid much worse than a couple days separation from a child.

Tammy, apparently you believe the word of a criminal and a lawyer without any other evidence. I mean, why would she lie right?

If you take your kid with you and break into somene's home and then you get caught what is going to happen to your kid?

But you expect Illegals to get better treatment?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

I admit that I haven't been following closely; what are they doing with the kids they take away? Do we really need more children in foster care or detention camps or whatever? If the mom isn't nursing the baby, SOMEBODY will have to pay to feed & care for it. I don't think it's bleeding heart to keep the children with the parents while they are deported; IMHO it's the most practical and inexpensive way. Mom carries & nurses infant all the way home to where ever. Done. Anything else is more complicated and expensive.

It's bad only because it's happening under Trump's watch. And that pretty much wraps it up for me.

Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

"Argument stopper?" Not my intention for adding it, and besides who is arguing? I didn't want to...& people are conveniently ignoring the bolded sentence up there.

Well, in staying with your line of thinking: How about treating others kindly even if they don't support someone some others idolize?
    Please explain the last comment in general, and how it applies to the topic of the thread.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    here's a clue you simpleton . . .

you KNEW the shit you were doing was ILLEGAL when you left the house in Honduras (or where ever)
    you KNEW you had a kid with you (or were going to pop one out along the way) before you left the house
    you don't seem to have been too worried about it all before you left the house

don't cry about the shit storm YOU put your kid in by leaving the house in the first place
    And she knew she was about to have to appear in court when she started feeding the baby. Her bad. She and her child are just another welfare tick to feed.

It reminds me of executing search warrants at crack houses. There are needles, broken up glass crack pipes, aids/hep/mersa/you name it infected junkies laying on mattresses on the floor with similarly infected hookers, dope boys with guns selling their poison, no power, no running water, feces 12" deep in the tub and to the top of the toilets since they have no water (You get the picture). As soon as we knocked open the door the female "Residents" would start yelling about "My babies, My babies!" They got all indignant about us having guns out around their "Churrins" (That is ghetto for children).

Screw all of them. I have had a very expensive/bad week and really dont care if they starve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    their "Churrins" (That is ghetto for children)
    It's Cajun for children, dunno about ghetto. Don't rope Cajuns in with the trash.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

They are here illegally. Period.

They are breaking the law.

They are invaders.

Maybe with a little more severe consequences, they will stop invading this country and breaking the law.
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Summerthyme, you're an administrator, can you talk the other mods into getting a thumbs up and thumbs down button, or even a "like" button would do. I'd give you 10 thumbs up for your comment.
    There already is a thumbs up and thumbs down button, right under where you reply.

See?
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Don't cite the Bible to prove anything to me, it goes over my shoulder to my backside. No one said it was the kids fault, IT'S THE MOTHER'S FAULT FOR BREAKING THE LAW! Want me to cite the LAW to you? That's the law I am only interested in, it's the one we all are judged by in our country of laws. There's no other way. I had a small tenure in law enforcement, the cops look into vaginas for contraband. Teats are nothing to them, they've seen it all.

they separate mothers and their children all the time for prison - why are illegals supposed to get better & special treatment than US citizens ....

female prisoners give birth while in prison and are immediately separated ....

and then you get into equal rights for the sexes - why would moms get the kids over the fathers .....
    Illini Warrior

What words? "Cruel and heartless" was the opening on your post. What false assumption? I'm not the one speculating that the agents get their jollies off nursing mothers. I didn't drag Trump into this subject, you did.

...and this "travesty" can be reversed immediately if we stop playing nice. She doesn't deserve any better than any male illegal, and taking kids away will WORK because it is one thing people will really dislike (as opposed to everything else we have tried). We need to stop letting these people use their kids for sympathy, free food, free healthcare, free education, free housing...

Yes, it is cruel and heartless.
    That seems to be all they respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    It's Cajun for children, dunno about ghetto. Don't rope Cajuns in with the trash.
    I sincerely apologize to any Cajuns that I may have offended. I would never intentionally mix them in with the trash I was referring to.

Immigrant mom says
    I stopped reading here. **** 'em all. If it's even true, which it probably isn't.

Could it be because the previous president was himself a non-citizen?
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    Sorry, but my give a damn meter is broken today.
    Same here. No sympathy for someone trying to manipulate the system in their favor while breaking our laws.

I hate to see something like this happen. It is not the fault of the child and it is the child that will suffer because of the actions of the parent. May something good come out of this. May it get so much coverage that parents willing take their kids back to their home countries or don't come in the first place.

Pray for the child. Lord please watch over and protect this innocent.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tammy, WHY DOES YOUR MIND ALWAYS GO TO THE WORST CASE SCENARIO, which generally involves something smutty???

You! A self-proclaimed Christian, instantly thinking this trash up when nothing of the sort is even mentioned in the article, much less alluded to!!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post

I am SO sick of this...
    There have been many stories recently that deserve this clip. (Warning: Contains the A-word)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_I841J6_M