Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT EBT Card System Down Throughout California
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EBT Card System Down Throughout California

I just got back from the grocery store and several announcements were made that the EBT card system was down throughout California. It's hot here - 98 degrees and the jungle bunnies are going to be pissed when they can't buy sodas, Cheetos and Skittles. I made that comment to the checker.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

It would be a shame if governor moonbeam started those rolling blackouts again.

It would be a shame if governor moonbeam started those rolling blackouts again.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Remember the great EBT shopping spree in Louisiana? (I think)

edit- Seventeen states across the US are affected by a huge outage, which limits the use of state issued EBT cards. EBT, commonly known as food stamps, helps needy families buy food. The retail giant Wal-mart, however, thought it would be in faith to allow customers to purchase whatever foods they needed -- giving users ability to purchase whatever they needed, and be billed later. On the surface, It was a good plan. But then, hundreds of people started showing up -- filling their carts to the top, so it became chaotic in the matter of minutes,. Police had to be called, and for the first time in a long time, the 24-hour Wal-mart had to close its doors, because there wasn't any food on the shelves. EBT or food stamp recipients are usually poor or low income, so missing a meal due to some technical glitch, could very well affect them in the long run. walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree

Good times..
    RT 1:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luymHQUawi0
    From a fireball we came, crossed sea and mountain
    We were drinking beauty with our eyes
    We were given all to make our own, let us be left alone

III

Entertaining and memorable meltdowns ahead?
    Almost makes one want to make one prepare some popcorn.

Chimp out!!!
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

Hmmm, anything to do with this?

Bryant Watson
    ‏ @bryantwatson
    5h5 hours ago

The #LosAngelesCounty #EBT card system is switching vendors, so it will not be available from 11pm saturday June 23 until 11:01pm Sunday June 24.
    Transactions will not work during that time frame.
    Purchase food or withdraw cash b4 then

#Welfare #Foodstamps #GeneralRelief #DPSS
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

It occurs to me that if malefactors really wanted to foment chaos in the US, crashing the EBT system in certain major cities would provide a lot of "bang for the buck", especially if it happened at just the right time of the month, and was a sustained attack lasting several days. Having some people on the ground starting rumors that the crash was really a shutdown in disguise and a plot to get rid of the "freeloaders" would make things much worse. Certain...erm..."demographics" are much more prone to believing *and spreading* such rumors.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    The #LosAngelesCounty #EBT card system is switching vendors, so it will not be available from 11pm saturday June 23 until 11:01pm Sunday June 24.
    Could be they did part of the cutover, not thinking it would affect transactions. Changes like this can be multi-part stretched over a longer time than you might expect.

If that's the case, and they were too complacent, there's a good chance they didn't design a back-out process if it went south. This could get interesting.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Could be they did part of the cutover, not thinking it would affect transactions. Changes like this can be multi-part stretched over a longer time than you might expect.

If that's the case, and they were too complacent, there's a good chance they didn't design a back-out process if it went south. This could get interesting.
    Thanks, bw. That's what I was wondering.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    It occurs to me that if malefactors really wanted to foment chaos in the US, crashing the EBT system in certain major cities would provide a lot of "bang for the buck", especially if it happened at just the right time of the month, and was a sustained attack lasting several days. Having some people on the ground starting rumors that the crash was really a shutdown in disguise and a plot to get rid of the "freeloaders" would make things much worse. Certain...erm..."demographics" are much more prone to believing *and spreading* such rumors.
    You’re right, instant riots would ensue which would be perfect cover for well coordinated terrorist attacks in the effected cities, the cops would be tied up dealing with the gibsmedats and pure chaos would ensue. Not a happy thought.

where's my popcorn

need to find me some live web cams to watch the gibsmedats riot.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Bad thing is that everything in that cart that is frozen or refrigerated will have to be tossed out as they poor employees are putting it all back on the shelf. Smooth move exlax (walmart)

However

Are we expected to pay for our steak, lobster, beer and lottery tickets????

Bbbwwwaaaaaa Hhhhaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    where's my popcorn

need to find me some live web cams to watch the gibsmedats riot.
    PLEASE

be sure to post those links . . . popcorn's already on over here and I know several others on this board who probably beat we raggedys to the meee-crow-wave . . .

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Turret Buster View Post
    Remember the great EBT shopping spree in Louisiana? (I think)

edit- Seventeen states across the US are affected by a huge outage, which limits the use of state issued EBT cards. EBT, commonly known as food stamps, helps needy families buy food. The retail giant Wal-mart, however, thought it would be in faith to allow customers to purchase whatever foods they needed -- giving users ability to purchase whatever they needed, and be billed later. On the surface, It was a good plan. But then, hundreds of people started showing up -- filling their carts to the top, so it became chaotic in the matter of minutes,. Police had to be called, and for the first time in a long time, the 24-hour Wal-mart had to close its doors, because there wasn't any food on the shelves. EBT or food stamp recipients are usually poor or low income, so missing a meal due to some technical glitch, could very well affect them in the long run. walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree

Good times..
    RT 1:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luymHQUawi0
    About 6 months ago I was in our new Super WalMart and an alarm went off and an announcement over the intercom for everyone to leave the store immediately. People took their carts outside, loaded up their car and left. I left my cart in the aisle, but people made a bee-line for the door with theirs. I got in my car and left.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    I just got back from the grocery store and several announcements were made that the EBT card system was down throughout California. It's hot here - 98 degrees and the jungle bunnies are going to be pissed when they can't buy sodas, Cheetos and Skittles. I made that comment to the checker.
    Anybody following the Twitter feed on this?

Or mebbe broadcastify?

Things should get sporty about Malt Likker time, when they get out of data crib, 3:00 local...
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Maybe the economy isn't doing as good as the lying Government tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Anybody following the Twitter feed on this?

Or mebbe broadcastify?

Things should get sporty about Malt Likker time, when they get out of data crib, 3:00 local...
    I was thinking about driving down to WalMart to see what was going on but thought better of it. I'll stay in where it's nice and cool. We don't have too many jungle bunnies here, mostly tatted up white trash. Besides that, the brats are out of school and I can't handle the screaming and crying and running around every where. I'll stay put, I'm 10 miles out of town.

Cat 5 if it stays down...
    Attached Images
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    Cat 5 if it stays down...
    Oakland will be the epicenter.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Are we expected to pay for our steak, lobster, beer and lottery tickets????

Bbbwwwaaaaaa Hhhhaaaaaa
    AFAIK you cannot use SNAP (food stamp) card to purchase alcohol, tobacco, most non food items (paper products, soap, etc) and, of course , lottery tickets.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sunday View Post
    AFAIK you cannot use SNAP (food stamp) card to purchase alcohol, tobacco, most non food items (paper products, soap, etc) and, of course , lottery tickets.

Many states out non snap benefits (welfare, veterans) and even child support on ebt csrds. People can buy alcohol, tobacco, and other non food items with those

You can if you know the clerk.

There is a black market/underground economy in Tide, diapers,baby formula, etc.

Deplorable

Now thats the funniest thing I have read all week! Every haji mart in the damn country will sell you whatever you want then ring it up as food or milk, that is if they dont just cash them in for green cash at 50% so you can pay your pill/crack dealer.

It's weird how hard it is to find this on the web, for me anyhow.

Google News knows nothing about.

Just google brings up lots of hits, but most are about future transitions and past issues.

And a lot of the stuff that does come up has NO DATES! When did all these shitheads start publishing articles with no dates on them? I can find several with no date that are otherwise identical to one dated in 2013.

Some approximately real-time here in the disqus comments. (Disqus is a huge tracker. I keep a separate browser or 2 for allowing that.)

https://isdownrightnow.net/status/snap-ebt/

ETA: and here: http://downdetector.com/status/snap-ebt

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    It's weird how hard it is to find this on the web, for me anyhow.

Google News knows nothing about.

Just google brings up lots of hits, but most are about future transitions and past issues.

And a lot of the stuff that does come up has NO DATES! When did all these shitheads start publishing articles with no dates on them? I can find several with no date that are otherwise identical to one dated in 2013.
    I found this EBT card problems here in CA:

http://downdetector.com/status/snap-ebt

Read the comments section!

They pre-announced it way ahead of time. Some of my Facebook friends/prior constituents live in very poor communities. They were notified almost a week ago.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    I found this EBT card problems here in CA:

http://downdetector.com/status/snap-ebt

Read the comments section!
    Sounds like there have been problems ongoing for quite awhile. I stopped reading the comments at the ones ftom 10 days ago, but it sounds systemic, although this modt recent issue is global (in the sense that no one can use their accounts, even if there are funds available).

Marsh... was THIS outage announced ahead of time? I see one announced for June 23-24th, but that's 10 days from now, and sounds like it should be limited to California, or maybe just a small area of California...

Summerthyme

Imagine what a major financial reset would look like?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Any more news on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Any more news on this?
    I'm going to WalMart this afternoon, I'll ask some checkers if there's problems. If the parking lot is empty, I'll know there's problems. I'll check back here this afternoon.

Church Food Banks report finding their gifted food discarded along the sidewalks leaving the church distribution points

The EBT hogs TAKE IT
    then discard it

Bags of potatoes, cabbage, cans of green vegetables .... line the streets
    Meanwhile the thugs get the cash value off the cards and the kids are still going hungry

You are correct Summerthyme
    Attached Images
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    Church Food Banks report finding their gifted food discarded along the sidewalks leaving the church distribution points

The EBT hogs TAKE IT
    then discard it

Meanwhile the thugs get the cash value off the cards and the kids are still going hungry
    I have repeatedly seen the same thing where we used to live in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    Now thats the funniest thing I have read all week! Every haji mart in the damn country will sell you whatever you want then ring it up as food or milk, that is if they dont just cash them in for green cash at 50% so you can pay your pill/crack dealer.
    I was only speaking of the way it is supposed to be.

Everybody knows the sludge out there will have a method to game the system.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Went to WalMart and it was business as usual - screeching out of control brats.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post

The EBT hogs TAKE IT
    then discard it

I dropped off soap and shampoo samples that I get from hotels that we've stayed at at the homeless shelter. I no longer drop off food especially turkey's at Thanksgiving. For the most part they are ungrateful and turn their nose up at food you drop off. I give soap - maybe they'll clean themselves up and get a job--wishful thinking on my part.