Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

MSM John Schneider (Bo Duke) speaks out before heading to jail, owes back alimony support
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Crap like what is happening to him,
    is what is driving the MGTOW movement.

Worthless skanks, is all most wymings
    are today.

Wymings have it made in marriage.
    With a hooker, you have sex once
    and pay once.
    With marriage, you have sex a few times,
    pay forever, and loose everything.

Again, there is nothing in marriage for men,
    except misery.

Read this not long ago.
    For a longer life, men should stay single,
    and drink alcohol.

Best of luck to John,
    as he is going to need it.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Maybe she will remarry and become someone else's burden.
    True North Strong and Free

I would add only this as a health clause: if he fooled around with paid trash and gave her hepatitis which would require dialysis later in life or beat her hideously, needing extensive plastic surgical repair/rehab, that is another thing entirely. Nicole Simpson was beaten by OJ till he broke her jaw. Likewise, Tina Turner had a good chunk of her scalp hair ripped out by Ike that requires her to need *expensive* lifelong weaves and custom wigs to wear in public. If there were incurable STD's passed that carry huge risks or was disfigured in any way, then "alimony" is usually a discreet cover for a cruelty settlement. In this instance tho, the Judge was privy to any private undisclosed health issues and his 3 day sentence was minimal, so he does not appear to be a wifebeating monster or serial whoremonger, exposing her to diseases. In general he seems to be a decent man, who was ruined in a flood beyond his circumstances and is trying in good faith to make his settlement to her. It looks more like they grew apart idealogically and she wants to maintain her 1990's lifestyle.

Well if we are going to quote rag mags, this is from TMZ back in March. Looks like she needs to wait in line and tough up because the tax man needs to be paid first … so maybe she can contribute to that:

John Schneider got a big break from the judge presiding over his divorce war ... he has a month to make good on a ton of delinquent spousal support, but the clock is ticking.

John is behind more than $150,000 in support, and Elvira's pissed. She was trying to hold him in contempt of court, which could have landed him behind bars, but the judge has postponed judgment day until March 14.
    The judge said John must transfer his property in Apple Valley to Elvira to satisfy the delinquency. He must also resolve his tax liens on that property before the March deadline.
    John told the judge, "I'm sorry, embarrassed and humiliated to be in this financial situation."
    The judge put the screws to John, saying he must be totally transparent about his finances.
    One of the things that came out during the hearing ... John did a concert last Friday and pulled in $2,580.

And her complaint?
    Elvira had complained John was in the red because he's been making crappy TV shows and movies.
    As we reported ... he was ordered to pay $18,911 per month back in September 2016.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Oh, and by the by,, I see that you have (sadly) again gone back to your "if a man has $$" argument. Would it be okay with you if
    the wife was the one with the financial resources,, and the able-bodied male decided to drain her, so that he could sit around the
    house like he is "accustomed" ??

I've seen cases before where the man demanded and got alimony, although I don't recall offhand who. What do you want me to say? If you're in a community property state, or the agreement was that the wife works and the man stays home and plays DAD or whatever, then yes he is also entitled. If someone is out of the job market for 20 years or so, they can't just jump back in and make tons of money. Think about it, why don't you?
    "Out of the job market" for 20 years gets her 18k per month ??

Good work if you can find it.

How long should she be eligible for this pittance ? I'd bet that she could be back on her back in no time.
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by Laurane View Post
    Maybe she will remarry and become someone else's burden.
    And give up 17k a month?

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbringr View Post
    "Out of the job market" for 20 years gets her 18k per month ??

Good work if you can find it.

How long should she be eligible for this pittance ? I'd bet that she could be back on her back in no time.

I don't think she'd take your call, Mr. Wonderful.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Another source of income dried up because of the Confederate Flag boycott of the General Lee

Earnings from the Dukes of Hazzard toys movies games and You tube videos are no longer existent

John should tell the judge to keep him until they get tired of feeding him. Women should remember they CAN'T make us work, neither can the judge. Here's a novel thought, if he works 80 hours a week, she should work or be required to volunteer the same amount of time.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Them Dukes them Dukes!

Follow me to http://badkarma00.wordpress.com/ for all my craziness
    So say we all. . . .
    "If you value your lives, be somewhere else." Ambassador Delenn.

John Schneider released from jail after five hours 'due to overcrowding'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-heads-up.html

John Schneider was released from jail on Tuesday after just serving five hours of his three day sentence.

The actor's rep confirmed to Fox News that he was released "due to overcrowding."

According to TMZ, he checked in at 10:29 AM, and was out at 3:46 PM.

Minutes before turning himself in to jail, Schneider spoke to Fox News on the phone about how he plans to spend his upcoming three days behind bars for unpaid alimony.

The "Dukes of Hazzard" star was sentenced to three days in jail for failing to pay his estranged wife, Elvira Castle, alimony. He says he cannot afford the payments. The actor claims that he has hit hard financial times and spent most of his money repairing his movie studio in Louisiana after it was destroyed in a March 2016 flood.

"I'm disheartened with the system but my head's up, and I'm going to go do what I have to do and make it through the next couple of days," the actor told Fox News exclusively.

The 57-year-old "Smallville" star, who represented himself in court on Monday, told us he has worked "for everything I have and had and lost and continue to do so."

"It's common sense versus entitlement. I've worked seven days a week, 80 hours a week, at least since 1978," he said as he prepared to turn himself in. "I have, as every working person has, a mountain of debt that was attached to my dream. And there's a group now that somehow feels they're entitled to life or even luxury without work and the judicial system apparently agrees with that."

Schneider and Castle have been estranged since she filed for divorce in 2014. They married in 1993 and have three children together, two of which were Castle's children from a previous marriage.

"If I had it [money], I would've given it to her just to let this go away but I don't have it," he said. "Hopefully this is evidence of that."
    marymonde
    +++++++++++++++++++++

``Where the Bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be;
    even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church'' Ignatius of Antioch, 1st c. A.D

Fly away John, set yourself free.

Neither Judge nor Sheriff supports Gold Diggers.

WHOODA THUNK!!!
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

She can get off her dead butt and get a job and earn her own living, I'd agree to paying for my kids, but not some gold digger who wants to live off my sweat and not work.

Sit in jail till hell froze over or move to someplace where that damn judge and his cages n guns couldn't reach me.

/spit

and people wonder why men choose

MGTOW
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

One of my fave songs, from back in the day:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmG7gQYOZw

I don't know and I am asking

Does Alimony and child support adjust when income adjusts

If you are unemployed and can't make the judgement awarded, can you go back to court and have amount decreed reduced or eliminated

Would appreciate an answer
    Especially Florida case law

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post

If you are unemployed and can't make the judgement awarded, can you go back to court and have amount decreed reduced or eliminated

It is like any other legal judgement. Once written it is in stone unless or until you can go back to court to get it amended. And Florida isn't an alimony state except in very narrowly defined circumstances.

It is a marital asset state which is different from the 50/50 states. In Florida if something is a marital asset then you split it 50/50 but if you can show that the item was solely yours and kept yours and never meant to be considered as a marital asset then it remains yours after the divorce. For example, my brother inherited a shotgun from my grandfather. In my grandfather's will he was solely named as the owner of the shotgun. My brother was finally granted a divorce late last year and his ex tried to go for all of his assets. My brother showed that the shotgun was a family heirloom, specifically given to him as an individual, was never considered marital property … the judge decreed that the shotgun was not marital property. My ex-SIL was not a happy camper. There were a couple of other items like that that he came into the marriage with and that were never co-mingled as marital property. I finally managed to get my brother to start playing hardball and ex-SIL had to lump it. She still screwed him over but it could have been worse and mostly he caved because he just wanted out of the marriage at that point.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

Remember when Kirstie Ally and Parker Jameson divorced years ago? He demanded, and won, some ridiculous amount of "spousal support" from her because she was the one with a successful career. Men can be just as much goldiggers as women.

Quote Originally Posted by gawarriorqueen View Post
    Remember when Kirstie Ally and Parker Jameson divorced years ago? He demanded, and won, some ridiculous amount of "spousal support" from her because she was the one with a successful career. Men can be just as much goldiggers as women.
    I looked it up -- it was Parker Stevenson. They were married a long time and had two kids. His career was never as successful as Kirstie's. I guess he's a photographer these days:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Stevenson

----------------
    Attached Images

Article from 2009; probably still true today:

Role Reversal: Ex-Wives Angry Over Paying Alimony

Sept.30, 2009

He got their second house, an investment property she had bought in Costa Rica, and a $96,000 annual alimony payment.

She got angry.

"It's so obscene," said Holly Chiancola, 52, a Gloucester, Mass. real estate agent who is fighting the terms of a divorce settlement ordered by a judge in 2006.

You used to hear about divorced men complaining that their ex-wives were unfairly cutting into their income. Now, as more women become primary breadwinners, the complaints increasingly come from them. The number of American men receiving alimony has climbed, from 7,000 in 1998 to 13,000 last year, according to U.S. Census Bureau data

Chiancola's ex, who declined to comment for this story, is among them.

Thanks in part to the pre-financial crisis real estate boom, Chiancola earned considerably more than her ex-husband, a sometime carpenter and fashion model, during their 19-year-marriage. She said her ex didn't hesitate to take advantage of that -- even though her income plummeted after the real estate boom years, and she's now struggling to make her mortgage payments.

Chiancola said she partly blames Massachusetts' "outdated" divorce laws for her predicament -- she is a supporter of the group Mass Alimony Reform -- but she's also plenty outraged at her husband.

"He went for the jugular, believe me," she said.

Aggressive pursuit of spousal support by men is becoming more common, some divorce lawyers say, as the stigma of asking for alimony fades.

"Early on, men were somewhat embarrassed to ask for alimony because it went across their defined roles in the culture. That has diminished," said Marlene Moses, the president-elect of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an organization of family law attorneys. "There's been a revolution of men and their rights and the vigor with which they pursue legal opportunities for themselves."

It's a revolution, experts say, that has been going on for more than 20 years -- actress Joan Collins' divorce and alimony case made headlines in the 1980s -- but today, it's still catching some women off guard.

Take Terry, a 56-year-old Florida healthcare executive, who asked to have her last name witheld because her divorce from her husband is not yet settled.

"He's a very independent man, a very macho guy, and I was quite surprised that he would ask for alimony," said Terry.

Alimony Ex-Husband: 'I Helped Her'

Terry said her soon-to-be ex is asking for $2,500 per month in alimomy -- and she's fighting it.

Terry, who earns more than $100,000 a year, said she's not against the principle of women paying alimony to their former spouses. But in her case, she said, it's not warranted. Her husband was laid off from an $85,000 per year job several months ago, but "he's completely capable of earning a living."

For some men, just as with some women, it's past experience, not future earning potential, that weighs heavily on their decisions to seek alimony. One divorced New England man told ABCNews.com that he deserved tens of thousands in alimony payments because he played a key role in his ex-wife's professional success.

"I helped her out in the background," said the man, who asked that his name be withheld due to ongoing divorce proceedings. Without him, he said, "there's absolutely no way she could have done what she did."

Despite the increases in men seeking and receiving alimony, advocates warn against linking the trend to equality in the courtroom. Family court judges still tend to favor women, said Ned Holstein, the founder of Fathers & Families, a group advocating family court reform.

"Family court still gives custody overwhelmingly to mothers, child support overwhelmingly to mothers, and courts still give almony overwhelmingly to mothers and women," he said.

"The family courts came into existence years ago in order to give things to mothers that mothers needed," he said. "The times have changed and the courts have not."

Recession Brings More Male Alimony?

Today's economy may be adding new men to ranks of alimony-seekers. As traditionally male-dominated industries like finance and construction continue to struggle, more men are finding themselves with lower income or no income at all, forcing a newfound dependence on their wives or, in some cases, ex-wives.

Earlier this year, a British judge ruled that Elena Bowes Marano should pay her ex, real estate tycoon Peter Marano, 5 million pounds (about $8 million) after his property portfolio dwindled in value -- an order that Elena, originally from a wealthy California family, is fighting.

Such cases notwithstanding, a reversal of traditional gender roles in a divorce doesn't necessarily create more acrimony, experts say.

Alexis Martin Neely, a prominent California family lawyer, is an alimony-paying woman content with her divorce settlement. Supporting her husband, she has said, allows him to spend time with their children.

"I do really like him being available for the kids and their school events and if he can't work and do that, I'd rather support him to be readily available for them," she wrote in a blog post. "He deserves it and so do they."

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/role...ory?id=8662940

Yes and No.....( California )

What happens when your income goes down is the court, if you pay to have a court date, the court will impute your income over the last 13 months and then use that number to raise your child support and back date it as far back as they feel is proper based upon income changes for the better. Unknown about alimony.

If you want to lower your child support, the court will delay your court date 6 months. Then they will grill you on why you don't have that 3rd job and if you are lucky they may lower it a bit, but will impute (guess best case ) your income as part of the decision.

In a word, they will not often lower anything.

Thanks Kathy and 20 gauge

Seems if wages go down so should support
    And when grandmom gets the kids because the mother is not responsible then mother should not receive a dime

i don't think one size fits all judgements should apply for life
    Maybe a financial review should automatically happen every 5 years with CHILD support adjusted up or maybe a bit down but as for alimony maybe lowered but not ever raised

Thanks Kathy and 20 gauge

Seems if wages go down so should support
    And when grandmom gets the kids because the mother is not responsible then mother should not receive a dime

i don't think one size fits all judgements should apply for life
    Maybe a financial review should automatically happen every 5 years with CHILD support adjusted up or maybe a bit down but as for alimony maybe lowered but not ever raised
    Alimony is not something normally granted in FL but the few times I've seen it granted there is usually a time limit on it … it isn't "for life". For instance, my ex-SIL tried to go for alimony because of her health. And yes, she is an ill woman. On the other hand she would never get off her butt and apply for assistance of any kind, including disability, while she and my brother were together. Once they split - and she ruined their credit and that's a long story in and of itself, one my brother will continue to pay the penalty of at least five years - she went and applied for all of these different assistance programs including disability and now makes more money as a sick and unemployed person than they did as a couple. The judge took one look at her "income" and my brother's "income" and basically told her to forget about it.

Life isn't fair so just use some commonsense when picking the person you are having sex with … whether that includes a marriage certificate or not. There are plenty of people now having to pay "palimony" and/or child support and who have lost a great many assets they worked hard to get all because they didn't keep their head or couldn't keep their pants up.