Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

MSM John Schneider (Bo Duke) speaks out before heading to jail, owes back alimony support
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

John Schneider (Bo Duke) speaks out before heading to jail, owes back alimony support

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp

Minutes before turning himself in to jail, John Schneider spoke to Fox News on the phone about how he plans to spend his upcoming three days behind bars for unpaid alimony.

The "Dukes of Hazzard" star was sentenced to three days in jail for failing to pay his estranged wife, Elvira Castle, alimony. He says he cannot afford the payments. The actor claims that he has hit hard financial times and spent most of his money repairing his movie studio in Louisiana after it was destroyed in a March 2016 flood.
    "I'm disheartened with the system but my head's up, and I'm going to go do what I have to do and make it through the next couple of days," the actor told Fox News exclusively.

The 57-year-old "Smallville" star, who represented himself in court on Monday, told us he has worked "for everything I have and had and lost and continue to do so."
    "It's common sense versus entitlement. I've worked seven days a week, 80 hours a week, at least since 1978," he said as he prepared to turn himself in. "I have, as every working person has, a mountain of debt that was attached to my dream. And there's a group now that somehow feels they're entitled to life or even luxury without work and the judicial system apparently agrees with that."

Schneider and Castle have been estranged since she filed for divorce in 2014. They married in 1993 and have three children together, two of which were Castle's children from a previous marriage.

"If I had it [money], I would've given it to her just to let this go away but I don't have it," he said. "Hopefully this is evidence of that."

As for how Schneider plans during his few days in jail?

"I'm going to write songs and I'm going to finish my book," he told us.
    The proud supporter of "the boys in blue," said he's also "anxious to see the inner workings of the jail system."

The actor said he received a call from friend Tyler Perry earlier this morning that boosted his spirits.

"[Tyler and I] agree on this very important thing: They can take your stuff but they cannot have your dream," Schneider said recalling his earlier conversation with "The Haves And The Have Nots" creator. "He is a dreamer and a liver of his dreams, and I am the same and we are of one spirit. So these next three days are going to fuel my dream, not damage it in anyway."

Schneider played Bo Duke on the hit series from 1979 - 1985 as well as a handful of revivals in the early 2000s.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Probably stuck with unrealistic alimony based on previous earnings.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

known Christian and conservative Blacklisted
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

So how much does he owe? 3 days ain't much. If he indeed is working 80 hours a week 7 days a week he'll probably look forward to some rest.

Prenup level

Fail
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

The actor claims that he has hit hard financial times and spent most of his money repairing his movie studio in Louisiana after it was destroyed in a March 2016 flood.

I would think the child support payments should have come before that.

Priorities..........

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Alimony, not child support.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by duchess47 View Post
    Alimony, not child support.
    You're right. But she can't live off child support, so he has to give her the alimony.

He says he can't. So it's some jail time for him. I wonder why she filed for divorce? Women don't if they're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    The actor claims that he has hit hard financial times and spent most of his money repairing his movie studio in Louisiana after it was destroyed in a March 2016 flood.

Priorities..........

If he had creditors to satisfy with the studio, then defaulted on those obligations in paying her first, it would have just moved his jail sentence a little later. Yes, priorities.

Honestly, he could be a dirtbag, but you don't know that.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

You're right. But she can't live off child support, so he has to give her the alimony.

He says he can't. So it's some jail time for him. I wonder why she filed for divorce? Women don't if they're happy.
    Maybe he wasn't making enough money to suit her desires?

Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

i try to be fair when seeing these things. it seems like he is trying to do the right thing and she comes off bad, but since there is very little in the article and it is only his side, i guess i would just wait and see about more info.
    float like a butterfly...

Quite fair.

Another reason NOT TO GET MARRIED. "Strong and Independent" women turn into incapable children who demand support. They will demand their check even if you have to be homeless.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3408&dateline=1366774  232
    20 rounds of 7.62x39 $16 - 20 rounds of .308 Tactical $31
    The ability to drop dead an attacker with a weapon that can be concealed under your clothes Priceless. FerFAL (modified)

Ask the gossip rags.

It looks like he left her, more or less, to live across the country. They had been married 21 years.

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/j...marriage-51431

But wait -- there's more:

http://www.naughtygossip.com/exclusi...over-exclusive

Piles more:

https://www.google.com/search?q=john...nt=firefox-b-1

She gets $17K a month?

I'd live in a refrigerator box under a bridge before I paid some goldigger.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Sorry but from what I've read, and granted most of it's in gossip rags, it sounds like she just wants a sugar daddy to take care of her, the kids (including her nephew), her expensive house and her lifestyle. Putting him in jail for unpaid alimony isn't going to get the alimony paid any faster. I think the judge sees this, hence the whole three days (long weekend) of jail time. If he can't rebuild the business, there will be no money and no alimony. Too bad John didn't have a prenup but 21 years ago, they weren't really popular.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Priorities..........

Well now, let's see...

John & Elly have one child together, who is 22 and a firefighter in Oxnard. And although all three “children” are grown and independent and there is no need for child support, when Elly filed for divorce in Nov 2014 she initially asked for $30k/month and settled for $18k/month.

So if I understand this correctly, the child they had together is an adult, and unlike his mother functioning like one. So, "child support" would not be an issue here.

Ergo,, what you are left with is a nasty, gold-digging whore.
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

I think Elly filed for divorce because he wasn't making good movies or recording. She wanted more. Jail sounds like a safe place.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbringr View Post
    Well now, let's see...

John & Elly have one child together, who is 22 and a firefighter in Oxnard. And although all three “children” are grown and independent and there is no need for child support, when Elly filed for divorce in Nov 2014 she initially asked for $30k/month and settled for $18k/month.

So if I understand this correctly, the child they had together is an adult, and unlike his mother functioning like one. So, "child support" would not be an issue here.

Ergo,, what you are left with is a nasty, gold-digging whore.

Whore? She was with him 21 years. Don't forget -- in divorces, if a man has money he is more or less expected to keep his (ex) wife in the manner to which she is accustomed, so she was not gonna take a grand a month or something; and don't forget -- the courts ordered the amount, am I right?

Anyway, she looks like a Hollyweird blonde -- high maintenance.
    Attached Images

Schneider never did handle his money well. He was more concerned with his art (music and acting) than getting rich.
    He did become a born again Christian in the late 1990s. It was after he married his 2nd wife. That probably did affect his Hollywood (land of the liberal left) job prospects.

He was heavily involved in a couple of charities, and his studio was used to promote new artistic talent. It was heavily damaged and that of course affected his ability to earn a living. If his ex thought she was marrying into a money tree, she got it wrong.

One of his songs I like from the last recession. That song came out when a lot of people here were having their share of problems.

"Who took the promise from the promised land"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR1fDL7x1Sg
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

hmmmm...yah, she is really not coming off well here at all.....

it doesn't mean that during the marriage, one or the other was a perfect saint and the other was the devil, but in this part of it, she really is not coming off well at all.
    float like a butterfly...

Ayup

High Rent misery.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

And, yeah, I know not all are like that. But, too many are, and you can't separate them out. Easier not to legally attach yourself from the very beginning. Even tougher raising kids that way, but damn...

After my first wife, I told my next relationship that I would not marry again. If she stuck it out, I would take care if her to the best of my ability, I'd put her on the life insurance, etc, but I would NEVER put myself in a position to be cleaned out because a woman thought she could leave with cash and prizes.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3408&dateline=1366774  232
    20 rounds of 7.62x39 $16 - 20 rounds of .308 Tactical $31
    The ability to drop dead an attacker with a weapon that can be concealed under your clothes Priceless. FerFAL (modified)

Yes, high maintenance.
    Trophy wives tend to be expensive.
    I can sympathize, but...he was stupid.
    She also looks stoned in that pic.

Why do women think that sort of income is guaranteed?
    At $17,000/month, she should have been saving very aggressively against the inevitable rainy day.
    As far as I'm concerned, he should hide everything he has left, declare bankruptcy, and let her live under a bridge.
    Last edited by Faroe; 06-12-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Whore? She was with him 21 years. Don't forget -- in divorces, if a man has money he is more or less expected to keep his (ex) wife in the manner to which she is accustomed, so she was not gonna take a grand a month or something; and don't forget -- the courts ordered the amount, am I right?

Anyway, she looks like a Hollyweird blonde -- high maintenance.
    She first got married at 15 and was knocked up.
    She gave the kid up for adaption.
    Her claim to fame was that she married John Schneider whose own career was questionable. She was a trophy wife.

He produced a movie (Collier and Co(with her as a star. Yeah I never heard of it either
    Anyway when his career started to die she divorced him.

John is probably destined to die a poor artist / unsuccessful film maker / unsuccessful musician. His claim to fame was the Dukes of Hazard,
    If he had been lucky he might have stayed in Hollywood and made a constant if not rich living playing supporting roles.
    Remember the Lake Placid movie and his role as the sheriff?

She didn't choose well.
    An unbroken Hollywood career doesn't happen for the vast majority of people.

Asking someone, especially an actor or artist, to support you for the rest of your life in a fancy manner you have been accustomed to is just as foolish as being an actor or artist and expecting to be popular your whole life. Their income doesn't stay constant and neither should any support payments.

When a marriage ends, support for the kids should be provided by both parties until the kids are adults. Hanging on to someone like a leech for the rest of your life even though you have nothing more in common, and the kids are grown, is crazy.
    Anyway they both need to settle their differences and get on with the little bit of their life remaining.

Last edited by TerryK; 06-12-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

And, do you think she was "accustomed" to 30k per month while married ??

As far as court orders go, the court can demand anything it wishes, but it's awful tough to get blood out of a stone,, and from what's
    been posted so far, that seems to be the case in this situation. I don't see how someone can live with themselves after they drain an
    ex's finances to facilitate their own fancy lifestyle.

Oh, and by the by,, I see that you have (sadly) again gone back to your "if a man has $$" argument. Would it be okay with you if
    the wife was the one with the financial resources,, and the able-bodied male decided to drain her, so that he could sit around the
    house like he is "accustomed" ??
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

And, do you think she was "accustomed" to 30k per month while married ??

As far as court orders go, the court can demand anything it wishes, but it's awful tough to get blood out of a stone,, and from what's
    been posted so far, that seems to be the case in this situation. I don't see how someone can live with themselves after they drain an
    ex's finances to facilitate their own fancy lifestyle.

Oh, and by the by,, I see that you have (sadly) again gone back to your "if a man has $$" argument. Would it be okay with you if
    the wife was the one with the financial resources,, and the able-bodied male decided to drain her, so that he could sit around the

CALIFORNIA -- COMMUNITY PROPERTY STATE -- 50/50.

Got it now?

How much is John Schneider Worth? John Schneider net worth:

John Schneider is an American actor and country singer who has a net worth of $2 million. Schneider is probably most famous for starring in The Dukes of Hazzard as Bo Duke.

John Schneider Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
    https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...der-net-worth/

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Probably stuck with unrealistic alimony based on previous earnings.
    That is the case here. He spent money rebuilding his business after it was damaged. The court wanted him to pay here first

Priorities..........

It was alimony. Also without the repairs he had no way to make enough

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Sorry but from what I've read, and granted most of it's in gossip rags, it sounds like she just wants a sugar daddy to take care of her, the kids (including her nephew), her expensive house and her lifestyle. Putting him in jail for unpaid alimony isn't going to get the alimony paid any faster. I think the judge sees this, hence the whole three days (long weekend) of jail time. If he can't rebuild the business, there will be no money and no alimony. Too bad John didn't have a prenup but 21 years ago, they weren't really popular.
    Prenups haven't been too effective in the past

John Schneider is an American actor and country singer who has a net worth of $2 million. Schneider is probably most famous for starring in The Dukes of Hazzard as Bo Duke.

Celebrity net worth website isn't very reliable......

Got it now?
    Actually California is 50 50 the first go around. Once those asserts are distributed there is a split of what the guy has left. Ask me how I know. Oh, I forgot there is also his inputted income or what the court thinks he should make to help round up the figures for her

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Celebrity net worth website isn't very reliable......
    Actually most likely property

yes. How much of that 2 mil is encumbered in the so called value of his studio. Net worth don't mean carp as to liquid assets.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

36. Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    If he had creditors to satisfy with the studio, then defaulted on those obligations in paying her first, it would have just moved his jail sentence a little later. Yes, priorities.

Honestly, he could be a dirtbag, but you don't know that.

In the Eighties .All I heard was how honorable and hard working that man was.Same in the 90s Same now.2018.and just because she was Unhappy.Does not mean he did her wrong treated her dishonorably in any way. I concur he paid herr first after Hurricane then turned to repairs.
    "Government must defend us against INVASION by others"
    -U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 4.

" Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life."
    - President John F. Kennedy

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing."
    -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Got it now?
    Actually, no I don't. Community property is different from alimony.

Any particular reason why you didn't answer my question ??

Good God, if she can't make it on 17K a month, she needs to recalibrate & humble a bit. If they were married 21 yrs, then she is eligible to draw on his social security if she does not remarry also. Its a shame he is being drained dry. Only 3 days in the hoosegow is a pittance and the judge is obviously sympathetic. Maybe some great music will emerge from his long weekend. No doubt many men out there sympathize.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.

Sorry, mzkitty but I couldn't find a date on that information. For all I know those figures could have been from years ago. The picture seems to be of a bit younger John Schneider.

The woman is able enough to work to support herself. The only difference from her and all the other welfare queens is where her check comes from.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Actually, no I don't. Community property is different from alimony.

Any particular reason why you didn't answer my question ??

I've seen cases before where the man demanded and got alimony, although I don't recall offhand who. What do you want me to say? If you're in a community property state, or the agreement was that the wife works and the man stays home and plays DAD or whatever, then yes he is also entitled. If someone is out of the job market for 20 years or so, they can't just jump back in and make tons of money. Think about it, why don't you?