Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

LEGAL Senate to Consider Anti-Gunner for Powerful Ninth Circuit Court
+ Reply to Thread

Senate to Consider Anti-Gunner for Powerful Ninth Circuit Court

I have strongly supported President Trumps judicial nominations, but this one is for the wrong guy in the wrong place.
    SS

[TAKE ACTION] Oppose the Nomination of the Gun-Hating Mark Bennett!

Published: 16 May 2018

Senate to Consider Anti-Gunner for Powerful Ninth Circuit Court

Click on the Take Action button to urge your Senators to oppose the nomination of Mark Bennett to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court. You can also call the Senate at (202) 224-3121.

Not a GOA member yet? We need you more than ever right now!
    Contact Your Senators to Oppose Bennett!

Dear Friend:

Repeatedly, President Donald Trump has criticized San Francisco’s leftist Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals for assuming the role of “super-legislature” and blocking his agenda.

Yet, Trump has nominated a leftist, anti-gunner to fill a seat on that court, and the Senate Judiciary Committee has approved that nomination -- despite GOA’s opposition to the nomination.

The nominee for the nation’s second highest court is Mark Jeremy Bennett who, as Hawaii’s Attorney General, opposed the Supreme Court’s determination in Heller that the Second Amendment is an individual right.

Bennett also opposed GOA’s right to participate in the legislative process, which was affirmed in the Citizens United decision.

But, in spite of Bennett’s reliably left-wing leanings on these and virtually ever other issue, Trump and weak-kneed Republicans seem inclined to reward him with a promotion and pivotal seat on one of the country’s most important courts.

Understandably, Democrats are giddy. In fact, anti-gun Senator Mazie Hirono called him “refreshing.”

The left-wing Alliance for Justice, which has slow-walked all of the rest of Trump’s judicial nominees, approves of Bennett, calling him “mainstream.”

So here’s a suggestion: since anti-gun senators are blocking a vast number of Trump’s judicial and executive nominees, Republicans would be fools to consider Bennett before the entire backlog of conservatives has been approved by the Senate.

Think about it: Senator Chuck Schumer and his gang of anti-gunners are blocking dozens of pro-gun nominees.

If we reward them by passing gun controllers while blocking constitutionalists, we have every right to ask why keeping Republicans in power in the Senate confers any advantage.

So please take action. Urge your Senators to oppose the nomination of Mark Bennett.

In liberty,

Michael Hammond
    Legislative Counsel
    Gun Owners of America

PS: You can also call the Senate at (202) 224-3121 to voice your opposition. And did you know that GOA is expending vast resources battling gun confiscation orders, fighting bump stock bans, and more? Could you contribute to the fight? Even $10 or $20 goes a long way!

https://gunowners.org/alert51618.htm
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Yeah, this was posted about a month ago or so. Still not a good idea, wonder why he's still in the running.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

Well, just like when he signed the budget bill which includes funding for planned parenthood, he'll just say that he'll never do it again. Then he will figure people will give him a free pass (like he is used to), or just forget.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

He's 65, which means he's not gonna be a judge long.

NO Antigunners

Period
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Well, my post- which is the truth- shouldn't be a thread killer.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    NO Antigunners

Period
    Agree completely !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Well, my post- which is the truth- shouldn't be a thread killer.
    TammyinWI, I agree with your post, completely !!

Well, thank you, I suppose!

But what times we are in. Sigh.

Well, just like when he signed the budget bill which includes funding for planned parenthood, he'll just say that he'll never do it again. Then he will figure people will give him a free pass (like he is used to), or just forget.
    Is this really true?

Well, unfortunately, you are exactly right.

Now watch the excuses start popping up from those who think he is perfect in every way.
    Yeah I voted for Trump and I'll probably vote for him again, but I'll be the first to admit that he sure has his faults and it's not only my right, but my duty, to raise hell when he does something stupid. Like This!
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    He's 65, which means he's not gonna be a judge long.
    Maybe, maybe not. Some judges & politicos have had looong lives. Look at RBG !!

Best to remove his nomination, and submit someone more 2nd Amend friendly.

I see absolutely no logical reason to nominate this gun grabber !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coulter View Post
    Is this really true?
    Yes, unfortunately it is. The outcry was loud, but only brief.