Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Woman killed by pack of crazed wiener dogs - CORRECTION: pitbulls
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My doxies want to remind everyone that they are ferocious monsters.

Although in this case, it looks like they are only part dachshund. May not even have any dachshund in their dna. 40 pounds is just too big for dachshunds. Especially ones that are running wild and not eating junk food

Yeah...I notice they said "terrier crosses".

SJW language for Pit Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    chiweenie/beagle

What a bizarre combination. A Chiweegle.

And why these days do people insist on giving breed names to mutts? This isn’t against you, but rather directed at mutt-breeders. You know, “golden doodles” and crap like that? They’re MIXED BREED DOGS. Learn to deal with it people!
    They do it because they can charge big $$ for a Golden Doodle or Labradoodle. Our neighbors have 2 Labradoodles. I know for a fact that they paid $1000 for the first one. Probably close to same amount for the second one.

Our smaller dog is 1/2 Old English Lab and 1/4 each Yorkie and Minature Poodle. She and her littermates were accidents. The owners had an appointment to have the yorkie/poodle spayed. She didn't make it to the appointment before the 9 month old yellow lab nailed her. Poor little thing was only about 20 lbs. She had 4 pups from this and they immediately had her spayed after weaning the pups. AND they wanted $100 per pup cause the vet said they looked just like labradoodle pups.

We talked them down $20 and got Sophie. She is a small doodle dog with yorkie thrown in for good measure. Excellent mouse/squirrel/chipmunk deterent plus watch dog. Smart as a whip and dh loves her dearly. I think she is a good girl but a major pita........."sometimes"........ She will bark and chase anything that moves. ANYTHING. Plus the nose on her. OMG. It's nose to the wind every time she walks out the door and at night she HAS to be leashed cause there are deer who travel thru the area and if she gets a whiff, she would be GONE..........

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

A Dorkie?

A Dorkie?

That's the OWNER
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    Yeah...I notice they said "terrier crosses".

SJW language for Pit Bull.
    Exactly! Pitties are terriers.

However, to be fair, an unhinged border collie can do a LOT of damage. There are a lot of really nasty BC's out there owned by people who shouldn't own a dog, let alone a high drive dog!
    “Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
    "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling "Remember who the real enemy is." - Suzanne Collins "Winter is coming." - George R.R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by bobfall2005 View Post
    Killed by winner dogs. That is going to be hard to explain on the afterlife.
    You should check out any website listing Darwin Awards. Lots of 95-IQ types temporarily losing 40 or so points, long enough to get themselves killed in humiliating ways.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Just going by the articles, it's hard to tell if those dogs actually had any dachshund in them, but I have to say that dachshunds I don't know are one of the breeds I am extremely cautious about, and I am not in general afraid of dogs. (I have three, two big ones and a little one.) They may be small, but some of them are vicious little biters.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Those are MEDIUM sized dogs, not SMALL dogs. Even the Post got it wrong in their headline.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Any 40 lb dog can do a lot of damage if they have been allowed to pack up and go feral.
    Did the article not say they were full of fleas ticks and running the woods!?
    Owner allowed the dogs to go feral. Probably were starved.
    Lots of people slap a herding dog name on any black and white or marled coat color.
    Corgies have short legs too, not just doxies
    Plus I've seen the trend here where the pit breeders are purposely going for short legs.
    Tragic story. But yes carry a firearm.

One problem with this article is that most people are very poor at breed identification.
    Ask a boxer owner how many times their dog has been called a pit. A black medium coated dog is a lab, etc.
    There are three coat types of doxies, and the rough coated looks very terrierish. Although most of the doxies I have seen recently are minis, a standard is not a small dog. As was previously stated, doxies were bred for hunting, and have a high prey drive. Most people don't have to deal with a high prey drive dog, but that is an added responsibility of dog ownership.

Jacki
    McKenziefatwood.com
    JackiGossSpecial-Tees.com

Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Hard to sue someone when your dead.
    Most people have families. Pretty sure there will be some law suits over this.

I also think that a dog pack running wild should be put down.
    You can never fully trust a dog that was in a wild pack.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    My doxies want to remind everyone that they are ferocious monsters.

Although in this case, it looks like they are only part dachshund. May not even have any dachshund in their dna. 40 pounds is just too big for dachshunds. Especially ones that are running wild and not eating junk food
    Agreed.

A large standard Dachshund would top out at maybe 30 pounds.

Miniatures go about 10 to 15 pounds.

There is also a "teacup" doxie that is under 10 pounds.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

They were NOT dachshunds, they were Pit bull mixes and one full Pit bull
    I am on ipad and can’t copy text from this link:

How tabloids turned the pits who killed Tracy Garcia into “dachshunds”

http://www.animals24-7.org/2018/05/1...to-dachshunds/
    By Faith and Trust GET IN the Ark of God's SALVATION,
    sent for YOU, which is the BODY of Christ Jesus, his Son,
    without which NO one comes to the Father(Heaven),but through him.

a week before a pack of Pitt Bulls,(3) seriously injured a woman and man and tore the womans arm off at the shoulder.

Must be something in the water out here

Quote Originally Posted by 33dInd View Post
    a week before a pack of Pitt Bulls,(3) seriously injured a woman and man and tore the womans arm off at the shoulder.

Must be something in the water out here
    Oh, maybe that's the report I recall. Unless it happened to this victim too?

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post

Good link with picture proof, thank you. Those where mostly bull terrier mixes..

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    People forget the "cute" little "Weiner Dogs" were bred to be fierce hunters that could go down holes and attack "vermin" animals; bite and not let go for anything.

That and terriers were bred to catch and kill rats; they will also do the same with cats and other small animals.

I ALWAYS have my cane ready because our neighbors have three little rat/doxie/X crosses (or they did, I think the vicious ones may have passed away now) because I am 4'8" "tall" and the three of them used to gang up on me or anyone else on the path and try coming at you from all directions.

I only had to actually hit them once, when they went for one of our thankfully dog-savvy barn cats - the kitty ran into the bramble bushes where the dogs couldn't follow but I had to stand guard for 10 minutes or so until the dogs got bored and then managed to coax the cat out and carry her home.

I was nearly hurt a couple of times by those dogs and I can see how if there were two or three more of them and they knocked the person to the ground; they could easily kill someone if they wanted to and/or the pack mentality got going and they simply didn't stop.
    Not vermin. The small terriers were bred to go after vermin. Dachshunds were bred to kill BADGERS in their burrows.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    chiweenie/beagle

What a bizarre combination. A Chiweegle.

And why these days do people insist on giving breed names to mutts? This isn’t against you, but rather directed at mutt-breeders. You know, “golden doodles” and crap like that? They’re MIXED BREED DOGS. Learn to deal with it people!
    LOL. Let me make it easy. MUTT.

The dog is a mutt that looks more like a weenie than anything else. But we have been told by the first guy that owned him of the dogs ancestry as he got the dog from the "breeder" (or the person who could not figure out it is a good idea to spay or neuter). We got him because the first owner did not know you should not drink yourself to sleep and take a puppy to bed with you and then be surprised when you wake up in dog pee.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post

HERE is how that "rumor" started---another rabid (pun intended) PIT-LOVER (she even LOOKS like them!):

Caption reads: Tena Layton, the Ardmore Animal Shelter employee who said the pits who killed Tracy Garcia were “dachshunds.”
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

My next Dachshund's name is going to be Maxamillion Schnell.

"Max Schnell" for short.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    There are winners and there are losers.

Methinks she lost.

Sorry. Spellcheck seems to fail for me too.

Be glad there is not Thoughtcheck™

Dobbin
    Thats what I get for typin on the phone.
    Less typing, more prepping.

Most coyotes aren't 40 lbs and most people would freak out if two of them came at them - let alone 6.

I'm in the - they were pit bull crowd - and I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    One problem with this article is that most people are very poor at breed identification.
    Ask a boxer owner how many times their dog has been called a pit. A black medium coated dog is a lab, etc.
    There are three coat types of doxies, and the rough coated looks very terrierish. Although most of the doxies I have seen recently are minis, a standard is not a small dog. As was previously stated, doxies were bred for hunting, and have a high prey drive. Most people don't have to deal with a high prey drive dog, but that is an added responsibility of dog ownership.

Jacki
    True about id. Our neighbor who rescues dogs out of the crappy local shelters was trying to re-home a "pit."
    Looked just like a white boxer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulter View Post
    Most coyotes aren't 40 lbs and most people would freak out if two of them came at them - let alone 6.

I agree that most *western* coyotes are pretty small. However, the Eastern coyote is a very different animal. They are hybrid coyote/Eastern Gray wolves, and they are HUGE, for coyotes. Our hired hand shot one on our farm about 6 years ago tgat weighed 87#. We thought it had to be a coydog (crossed with a German Shepherd), but the Fish and Game did a DNA test and it was pure Eastern Coyote.

A pack of them killed and ate two large Golden Retriever dogs that were out on a local lake with their owner who was cross country skiing... I have no doubt that if the dogs weren't with her, they would have killed and eaten her!

Seriously, a pack of canids, no matter what species, is a damned formidable danger, if they decide humans are prey.

Summerthyme

Have you ever seen a Coyo-Dog? Cross between a wild coyote and a domestic dog. We started seeing them in Southern Colorado around our place and you'd better keep an eye on one if you saw them. Much bigger than a Coyote and little or no fear of man. If I saw one.....and I could.....I shot it! No questions asked.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    True about id. Our neighbor who rescues dogs out of the crappy local shelters was trying to re-home a "pit."
    Looked just like a white boxer to me.
    Always made sure I told people like the neighbors Mukluk was a Boxer, not a Pitt. Made sure they knew she was barking stupidly to say "HIIIIIII Come play wif me!" and she was a goofy, harmless pup.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

"Back in the day", we used to call mixed breed dogs "MONGRELS". You never hear that term used any more.
    There were purebred and mongrels.
    I tend to think it was "political correctness" that retired that term since some people of mixed race took offense at the very use of the word, even for dogs.
    The term for humans of mixed race is mulatto, but I read where that term is also falling into disfavor and some consider offensive.
    By Faith and Trust GET IN the Ark of God's SALVATION,
    sent for YOU, which is the BODY of Christ Jesus, his Son,
    without which NO one comes to the Father(Heaven),but through him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulter View Post

8:00 PM, Summer 1982. Finishing a door-refit and re-hang, I left the customers home at a few minutes after dusk. The first wave of between a dozen and 15 coyotes passed on my left as I was facing South. Not even a full second before that many passed against on both sides of me again. Two additional waves passed in similar fashion only a little longer lag time between them. There may have been between 45 to 60 low estimate over the 15 seconds or so they ran across the yard and the driveway I was parked on.

The home I was working on was somewhere just below Coldwater Canyon Reservoir CA. The owner mentioned they ran by about that time to drink up. I’m thinking my Guardian Angel knew they were thirsty and not hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    Always made sure I told people like the neighbors Mukluk was a Boxer, not a Pitt. Made sure they knew she was barking stupidly to say "HIIIIIII Come play wif me!" and she was a goofy, harmless pup.
    As long as you generally kept your dog inside/behind a fence when on your property, and inside your vehicle/leashed (ideally muzzled as well) when on public property, as any responsible dog owner would, why would you need to care what they thought?
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

We have a mutt weights 52 lbs. He gained about 5 lbs over Thanksgiving and Christmas. LOL Other than he's a bit more stocky now you really couldn't tell the difference in size. Year and half old. Probably has topped out. My point is, you don't want him getting a hold of you. He could do some real damage by himself.

In our community if someone has a pitbull and lets it free range, and there are several dogs that do, they have instant heart attacks, collars or not. Sorry you got a pitbull, keep it put up on a chain, in the house, fenced in, pen, don't care, but if it free ranges........

We use to raise Boxers, nothing but big babies. Even with a plunger in it's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    I agree that most *western* coyotes are pretty small. However, the Eastern coyote is a very different animal. They are hybrid coyote/Eastern Gray wolves, and they are HUGE, for coyotes. Our hired hand shot one on our farm about 6 years ago tgat weighed 87#. We thought it had to be a coydog (crossed with a German Shepherd), but the Fish and Game did a DNA test and it was pure Eastern Coyote.

A pack of them killed and ate two large Golden Retriever dogs that were out on a local lake with their owner who was cross country skiing... I have no doubt that if the dogs weren't with her, they would have killed and eaten her!

Seriously, a pack of canids, no matter what species, is a damned formidable danger, if they decide humans are prey.

Summerthyme
    The critters described above are a problem here and have been for several years. Back in the late 1980s I lost some calves and one cow to them. They kill anything they can pull down when in packs.

I had a neighbor with a big, mostly wooded spread right on the river. It was loaded with what he called "coy dogs."

He would be on a tractor and they would circle the tractor as if stalking him. He had but one leg (another story) and asked me to hunt them. I did for several years and they were some odd animals with no fear of man. I seldom hunted alone after the first couple of trips.

Carry... everywhere... all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    As long as you generally kept your dog inside/behind a fence when on your property, and inside your vehicle/leashed (ideally muzzled as well) when on public property, as any responsible dog owner would, why would you need to care what they thought?
    Insurance for the dog.

Just like one buys Insurance for their Health.

Shit happens and, if for some reason the dog got out, I wanted the locals to know her and that she was mine so she could get back home safely and not shot.

In case you've ignored prior threads on Pitts some people, even here, hate them and will shoot them on sight-why risk the dog getting out and getting shot or run down because someone *thinks* she might be a Pitt.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

I don't hate them, but I'll never TRUST them. While I agree that the individual dog's upbringing and environment will control how it behaves, dog breeds in general imbue certain character traits in the members of a given breed. In the case of pits, that trait is a "warrior spirit" and dogs that once battle is joined, will never give up. Thus, if a "battle" is against a "chiwahwah" (heh) down the street, or the neighbor's toddler, it could be a Very Bad Thing.