Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Woman killed by pack of crazed wiener dogs - CORRECTION: pitbulls
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woman killed by pack of crazed wiener dogs - CORRECTION: pitbulls

This is just too bizarre! Very sad, too.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/pack-o...oman-to-death/

A pack of vicious small dogs mauled an Oklahoma woman to death, according to reports.
    Tracy Garcia was standing outside her home last week when what are believed to be her neighbor’s six standard dachshund and terrier mixes and one border collie mix suddenly attacked her — leaving her with injuries so severe, she later died.
    “This is a bad situation, a very unfortunate situation,” Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant told KTEN. “This is just a bad deal all the way around.”
    Deputies shot and killed one dog who charged at them and the other six were taken to the Westwood Veterinary Hospital to be put down at the owner’s request.
    The dogs involved in the attack were all under 40 pounds, with legs shorter than an adult’s hands, according to images of their remains reviewed by the Daily Ardmoreite.

Very unusual for this bread to attack people like that. The Dachshund will bark loudly and keep their distance is normal behavior.

A good pair of steel-toe work boots.....

We've seen a pack of small to medium sized dogs take on a cow with calf, and they can be ruthless.....they'll bite the lower legs of the cow to distract it and separate it from the calf, and then kill the calf.

If the dogs got the lady down on the ground, that could have been it. Very sad and downright horrifying.

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

I had to.
    Attached Images
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

The rest of the article:

Deputies shot and killed one dog who charged at them and the other six were taken to the Westwood Veterinary Hospital to be put down at the owner’s request.

The dogs involved in the attack were all under 40 pounds, with legs shorter than an adult’s hands, according to images of their remains reviewed by the Daily Ardmoreite.

“They have really noticeable characteristics like their knobby legs, knees, very short-legged dogs,” euthanasia technician Amanda Dinwiddie told KXII.

Six of the dogs were about 1 year old and the seventh was about 3 years old and possibly the pack’s mother.

Shelter co-director Tena Layton said they all appeared to be a mix of dachshund and some sort of terrier, as did Dinwiddie, who said one was a border collie mix.

But the doctor at Westwood Veterinary Hospital posted on Facebook Tuesday that to him, the dogs actually appeared to be pit bulls, with four pit bull-mix puppies and one female who looked like an Australian shepherd mixed with “something with short legs.”

Bryant disagreed with that assessment earlier in the week, telling KTEN that a report saying one of the dogs was a pit bull was inaccurate.

All were infested with fleas and ticks, Dinwiddie said.

“We were cleaning ticks off ourselves all day,” she said. “They are very covered, you can tell they have been living out in the woods.”

It’s unclear what led to the attack, but the investigation is ongoing.

An employee at the shelter wouldn’t confirm the breed of the dogs to The Post Wednesday, and the Westwood Veterinary Hospital did not immediately return a request for clarification

Garcia, 52, a housekeeper at the Hilton Inn, was buried Tuesday and is survived by a son and daughter, according to her obituary.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/pack-o...oman-to-death/

Here is Tracy's obituary. She was a nice hard-working lady who was a widow. Picture included:

https://griffinhillcrest.com/tribute.../obituary.html
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Dog packs have their own dynamic - never take several dogs running together for granted. If you do not go armed ... here's one more reason to consider why that failure might be a mistake.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

So......... the owner requested that the rest of them be put down.

Well, he let them run around in the woods and get covered with fleas and ticks, and you wonder why they went crazy? They packed up, and this guy didn't care, nor did he take care of them. It's disgusting.

I would be suing his ass off.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

This was obviously a pack of FERAL, WILD DOGS and resembled a wolf pack than fido you friendly Dachschund. Any dog that goes wild can turn into a predator, for the simple reason the "deal" early man made with the wolves that eventually turned into dogs, was be nice to me and I will feed you, and you can hunt game for me, and I will let you eat the offal.

This feral pack of dogs was seeing her as a food source. And 7 wild dogs, 40 pounds each, is lethal when they attack as a pack, and in unison, with an alpha dog leading them.

Now if she had a handgun on her, things could have turned out better for her. I'm not sure a single adult, unarmed would be able to deal with 7 dogs attacking at the same time. Feral cats get most of the press, but both feral dogs and feral pigs are a serious issue out in the rural areas, or even in cities.

And yes, all the dogs have to be killed now that they have attacked a human.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Dog packs have their own dynamic - never take several dogs running together for granted. If you do not go armed ... here's one more reason to consider why that failure might be a mistake.
    This! A pack is a pack... And always has the potential to be very, very dangerous. I've read several first person accounts that are enough to raise the hair on the back of your neck... one pack would send out an appealing, smaller member, and when the human would be engages by this friendly acting "lost" dog, the rest would engage in a blitz attack... silently, without any warning barks.

From the sounds of the condition of these, they were at the least badly neglected, and very possibly almost totally feral. And whether or not it was terrier or pit that was crossed into the Doxie lines, either one is generally fierce and fearless, and don't have much inclination to break off an attack once they engage. I'm guessing once they got her on the ground, they punctured or tore a major blood vessel in her neck, and you've got very little time left once that happens.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post

I think “Death From Below” would be kinda cute.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

Photo from the races! The Dashing Dachshunds.

Cause of Death: Wiener Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    This! A pack is a pack... And always has the potential to be very, very dangerous. I've read several first person accounts that are enough to raise the hair on the back of your neck... one pack would send out an appealing, smaller member, and when the human would be engages by this friendly acting "lost" dog, the rest would engage in a blitz attack... silently, without any warning barks.

From the sounds of the condition of these, they were at the least badly neglected, and very possibly almost totally feral. And whether or not it was terrier or pit that was crossed into the Doxie lines, either one is generally fierce and fearless, and don't have much inclination to break off an attack once they engage. I'm guessing once they got her on the ground, they punctured or tore a major blood vessel in her neck, and you've got very little time left once that happens.

Summerthyme
    absolutely!

our little town had a problem a few years ago when the economy crashed. money was so tight for the town that they had literally no one to deal with animal control anymore. so they just didn't deal with it at all. with people losing jobs and getting more and more poor, they just started dumping animals. the cats were a nuisance bordering on disease issues. the dogs were another story. they were scary. so many people had just up and left and turned their dogs loose, they had packed up into a few different packs and they were hunting. at the time, i had fezzik jr as a baby, and was big pregnant with thumbellina. smart doesn't even cover it. they were hunting my baby. they waited until we went outside and then the pack suddenly appeared. they did this for a while. i would chase them off with weapons (not guns), and as soon as i would take a step away from the baby playing in the sandpit, they inched back again. i told fezzik and he got a 6 foot chain link fence up within the week. those dogs were pissed! they circled outside the fencing for about a week until i called the police and said that while i understood no money, the packs are dangerous. they said they had been getting a lot of complaints and dog bites at the hospital and that they were now taking care of the problem, but that it would take some time to get it under control.

dog packs are nothing to scoff at or ignore
    Last edited by hunybee; 05-16-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Very unusual for this bread to attack people like that. The Dachshund will bark loudly and keep their distance is normal behavior.
    By self? Sure but my experience with them shows they and most small dogs breeds are mean little ****ers. I never took my eyes off a small dog in the clinic. In 12 years in the vet biz I was attacked by one Golden Retriever-it did not bite me tho it was trying it's best to tear my face off-literally. The rest were cat and small dogs bites/scratches.

Dachnds were bred to hunt-put 'em in a pack, don't feed them and they will do so. This is why I shot any stray or groupd of strays when I ran the horse farm-was going to take zero chance that stray meets up with more, they pack together then visit the horses in their Paddocks or me going out to piss at night.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

I heard the first reports of this on the local AM news talk channel. And the early reports was that the victim had lost a arm in the attack. I've seen some of those type of hunting dogs. Locals use them for hunting and their good huntèrs. For their size they have big muzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    So......... the owner requested that the rest of them be put down.

Well, he let them run around in the woods and get covered with fleas and ticks, and you wonder why they went crazy? They packed up, and this guy didn't care, nor did he take care of them. It's disgusting.

I would be suing his ass off.

Hard to sue someone when your dead.

What would be a good shotgun load for this? 00 buck, 4 buck, 6 bird?

4 buck gets my vote.

What a nightmare it has to be to be torn apart alive by bug infested Dachnds mix. 40 plus pound dogs is not that small. Like a full 40 bag of dog food attacking your legs from behind,..next thing you know your on the ground being bit to death...

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Likely make no difference unless you could start shooting when the dogs were still at fair distance away. Once the dogs are close (within 20 feet) the load would not spread and would just be a solid mass with very little difference in killing power.
    In this case at very close range against multiple targets your best bet would likely be a handgun with large magazine capacity (most of your shots would likely miss).

If this is an actual picture of the dogs, and not a "file" photo---then they're hardly what most folks have in mind when they think of sweet little "weiner" dogs:

Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Also didn't notice if this little tid-bit was posted:

But the doctor at Westwood Veterinary Hospital posted on Facebook Tuesday that to him, the dogs actually appeared to be pit bulls, with four pit bull-mix puppies and one female who looked like an Australian shepherd mixed with “something with short legs.”

and this---

An employee at the shelter wouldn’t confirm the breed of the dogs to The Post Wednesday, and the Westwood Veterinary Hospital did not immediately return a request for clarification

I swear, they're becoming as protective of pit bulls as they are of blacks and "undocumented aliens".....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

What shotgun load for a dog pack? Any size buckshot will do at close range - birdshot is for birds. In general I use 00 ... in any of my open choke guns, the load I use (Federal 127-00 with FliteControl*) will yield effective patterns at 40 yards and a bit beyond. If you have a feral pack attacking humans in front of your gun, you want to put as many of them down as possible as fast as possible while being aware of what's behind your targets.

Your issue with a shotgun and a dog pack is going to be ammunition capacity more than likely. Best learn how to load on the fly and have extra ammo very handy. And don't miss with any shots. Advantage is that a close range hit to a vital area with 00 is likely to be instantly effective.

*https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/945-...buck-shot.html
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Did I miss something?

I keep seeing people posting "40+ pounds" when the article clearly says

The dogs involved in the attack were all under 40 pounds, with legs shorter than an adult’s hands,
    Neighbors behind me have open, unfenced property and two large dogs. They keep getting into my back area and, when I'm working on the fences, barking and snarling at me-no attacks yet. I did toss them a Milkbone the other day and they settled down so I'm going to try and keep them friendly so I can get the work done but bet your ass-my .45 is always in my hand when they are right there or close on my belt when they are off on their property barking. Not interested in getting chewed up or killing them but if I have to choose...
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    If this is an actual picture of the dogs, and not a "file" photo---then they're hardly what most folks have in mind when they think of sweet little "weiner" dogs:

My grandparents had a dachshund who liked to sleep in the same sleeping bag that I used. After you check your boots for scorpions, find all the little dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Likely make no difference unless you could start shooting when the dogs were still at fair distance away. Once the dogs are close (within 20 feet) the load would not spread and would just be a solid mass with very little difference in killing power.
    In this case at very close range against multiple targets your best bet would likely be a handgun with large magazine capacity (most of your shots would likely miss).
    If you let a pack (say like seven dogs) get within 20 feet, keep in mind they are at a bare minimum, flanking off each other with at least two 90 degrees vectors off of each other. ( Like the small dinosaurs in Jurassic Park Movie ). If a person charging you is outside the 21 foot rule, imagine how much further out that same reasonable distance is as a dog outruns humans.

This range or terrain control was a key factor in avoiding a seven pack feral dog attack upon a friend and myself 20 years ago. By climbing a 10 foot mound of rocks, we had taken away the canines bush cover, and direct line of speedy attack.

I can’t be sure how persistent the attack would have been carried out after the first shotgun blast. Had we had a scoped Mini-14 it would have been engage at range. I was more curious as to where the water was for these huge dogs. But not so curious as to attempt tracking them.

In flat bush... I still would have preferred # 4 Buck or double 00-Buck for the definable threat range the ground and canines provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Dragons breath, I like my hotdogs flame grilled

People forget the "cute" little "Weiner Dogs" were bred to be fierce hunters that could go down holes and attack "vermin" animals; bite and not let go for anything.

That and terriers were bred to catch and kill rats; they will also do the same with cats and other small animals.

I ALWAYS have my cane ready because our neighbors have three little rat/doxie/X crosses (or they did, I think the vicious ones may have passed away now) because I am 4'8" "tall" and the three of them used to gang up on me or anyone else on the path and try coming at you from all directions.

I only had to actually hit them once, when they went for one of our thankfully dog-savvy barn cats - the kitty ran into the bramble bushes where the dogs couldn't follow but I had to stand guard for 10 minutes or so until the dogs got bored and then managed to coax the cat out and carry her home.

I was nearly hurt a couple of times by those dogs and I can see how if there were two or three more of them and they knocked the person to the ground; they could easily kill someone if they wanted to and/or the pack mentality got going and they simply didn't stop.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

I've got a sweet, little chiweenie/beagle. He is a killer. Anything that moves in the yard is fair game. Fortunately he has not yet got the UPS man or the neighbor's cat, but if the cat keeps taunting him . . . He has gotten lizards, small snakes, rats, mice, the large South Florida cockroaches/palmetto bugs, and once he got a Key West street chicken that had somehow gotten into our fenced yard, and that is just the carcasses I have found. Today he went after a land crab but fortunately he was on a leash and we saved him from that one. He is really true to the wiener dog breeding with a beagle howl.

The chi/terrier is really just partial to UPS guys, FedEx, mailmen, etc.

We have a 6-foot wooden fence around our yard with a locked gate, and we regularly check the perimeter in case of digging, so the little bastards are contained, but God help you if you come over that fence.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Killed by winner dogs. That is going to be hard to explain on the afterlife.
    Less typing, more prepping.

My brother and one of his friends went (off season and unarmed) to check on their deer lease. They were in a small Toyota truck and when they pulled up to one of the hunting camps they were surrounded by a pack of wild dogs. One snarling dog jumped on the hood, he said it was very scary. Old J-bo never went out there unarmed again.

I can't....

Grab one and swing it like a sock full of quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by bobfall2005 View Post
    Killed by winner dogs. That is going to be hard to explain on the afterlife.
    There are winners and there are losers.

Methinks she lost.

Sorry. Spellcheck seems to fail for me too.

Be glad there is not Thoughtcheck™

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post

Be glad there is not Thoughtcheck™

Dobbin
    Thoughtcheck ™ would help when the word is spelled correctly but it's the wrong word. (Lose, loose etc.)
    Now is the time for the American people to wake up and realize that we have been the only ones holding up the agreement between government and people.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bears View Post
    Thoughtcheck ™ would help when the word is spelled correctly but it's the wrong word. (Lose, loose etc.)
    So would a large enough vocabulary...

chiweenie/beagle

What a bizarre combination. A Chiweegle.

And why these days do people insist on giving breed names to mutts? This isn’t against you, but rather directed at mutt-breeders. You know, “golden doodles” and crap like that? They’re MIXED BREED DOGS. Learn to deal with it people!

Attached Images
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe