Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ILL IMM Man raging at lunch-counter workers for speaking Spanish, saying he'll 'call ICE,' goes viral
+ Reply to Thread

Man raging at lunch-counter workers for speaking Spanish, saying he'll 'call ICE,' goes viral

Man raging at lunch-counter workers for speaking Spanish, saying he'll 'call ICE,' goes viral

4-5 minutes

A social media video of a man yelling racist comments at two females in an eatery at lunch time has gone viral.

The video, alleged to be of a Manhattan lawyer, has been viewed more than 2 million times. In the video, the man berates two females at the eatery for speaking Spanish.

"Every person I listen to—he's speaking it, she's speaking it. This is America," the man says in the video. The eatery has been identified on social media as Fresh Kitchen on Madison Avenue, near 39th Street.

After being confronted by a manager, the man continued: "Your clients and your staff are speaking Spanish to staff when they should be speaking English...My guess is they're undocumented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them taken out of my country. If they have the balls to come here and live off my money—I pay for their welfare. I pay for their ability to be here."

Edward Suazo posted the video and described the situation in a Facebook post, detailing that his wife and her best friend were buying lunch, started speaking Spanish to the waiter when the man went off.

"They where on there lunch time and ordering there food and just because they where speaking in Spanish to the waiter this asshole jumps in and started to call the waiter and my wife and her best friend all types of names and threatened to call I.C.E on them and the employees !!!!," Suazo wrote on Facebook.

He continued: "What a big man talking down to couple of women and a helpless employee. I wish someone tells me I can’t speak in my native language ! First of all they wasn’t talking to you!! A-----e!"

Multiple calls and emails to the law office of the man who is alleged to be in the video were not returned.

Follow Chris Ciaccia on Twitter @Chris_Ciaccia

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/05/...oes-viral.html

The guy should try being a little less provincial, and learn some manners.

Around here, people who have lived in the area for generations will switch between Spanish and English depending on who they are talking to. (Yes, they are perfectly fluent in English, yes, they have jobs.) Old childhood friends are likely to converse in Spanish.

Just because English is official, doesn't make it mandatory for personal conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post

Around here, people who have lived in the area for generations will switch between Spanish and English depending on who they are talking to. (Yes, they are perfectly fluent in English, yes, they have jobs.) Old childhood friends are likely to converse in Spanish.

Just because English is official, doesn't make it mandatory for personal conversations.

exactly
    float like a butterfly...

He had better keep his ass out of Texas. Half the people here speak Spanish and the other half( minis Yankee transplants) half way speak it.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Oh my how rude! Bet he would be one of those who go to a foreign country and get mad cause the staff at a local restaurant are not able speak English to him. I've seen many an American yelling at people that they live in a tourist town they better learn English!

Yes, If you are going to live and work in the USA you should learn English... but, having said that, they should be able to speak to each other in whatever language they want.

You live in America....

Learn to speak English and then speak English....

If you do not want to speak English....

Leave America.....

Texican....

Some years back we flew through Miami airport, it was almost impossible to find airport personnel that could speak English.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

People doing that are like cue balls....

the harder you hit them the more English you get out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Some years back we flew through Miami airport, it was almost impossible to find airport personnel that could speak English.
    Wife's brother and family live in Miami, it is Cuba now. Very little English spoken
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    You live in America....

Learn to speak English and then speak English....

If you do not want to speak English....

Leave America.....

Texican....
    Pretty much how I feel. I use to work in a warehouse. We had several Latino's there. They all pretty much stayed using English. Even then, some were hard to understand. Sometimes they would speak Spanish to each other. But even then, they had trouble understanding each other. Some from Mexico, some from Puerto Rico, some from Honduras, etc. Apparently not all Spanish is the same. I had no idea if any were illegal or not. I got along with all.

I had a large time in Miami.

Found a little local cantina/grill/grocery store. Went after work for a Cervesa Presidente and chicharon de pollo. It was a locals place... Cubans and other South American types.

They all spoke Spanish, but would switch to Spanglish ...after they saw how bad my Spanish was.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Borders, language, culture - We either protect it or lose it.
    "Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Altura Ct. View Post
    upon deliberation, the voices in my head have come to the conclusion that we must keep one language for us the U.S. to be united. gotta agree with this. now if people want to speak in another language to each other thats their business. im pretty good at pig latin!
    ========================================
    DONT BLAME ME! IM NOT MY FAULT!
    the biggest thing that we have learned from history is that we haven't learned anything from history!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by Altura Ct. View Post

Exactly!
    I already saw this article on a news facebook page. The libs and bleeding hearts are just outraged that someone would say and do this. (of course, if paying customers want to talk Spanish to the waiter, that's their right)
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

When my mother was in a rest home., one caregiver kept calling her by a word for mama she spoke very little english - irritated me and my mama. Ever try to order a cheese sandwhich in your lunch area...she didn't speak english at all. Most use english with customers and speak spanish to everyone else. Steal our country coming illegally and steal our language to make sure.
    It's never too late to start ACTING OUT.

It used to be commonly held and understood that speaking in a language that was not explicitly understood by ALL within hearing, or without immediate translation for benefit of those not speaking/understanding, (esp., a language other than English) was considered blatantly rude.

Previous generations of Americans (immigrants included) understood explicitly that in order to live in America, everyone must be able to communicate in English.

The late S.I.Hiakawa, worked diligently in his later years to push legislation to make English America’s official language. It’s useful to note that, even as a Japanese speaker, he didn’t push for the polyglot mess we in California deal with when our ballots and DMV forms are in dozens of languages!

In the Greater SF Bay Area we have overwhelming numbers of people from outside the U.S.A. who refuse to assimilate (insist on wearing burkhas, saris, Pakistani pants/vests, etc.,) and who refuse to learn/use English (e.g., Mandarin, Arabic, are among many non-English languages heard here and Spanish is Everywhere!) The common attitude of the Hispanic, Islamic, VietNamese, native speakers reflects that of Azatlan/Jihad/Replacement by out-numbering/out-breeding the English-speakers.

OANN on TV runs short public education spots with patriotic themes. One of them is the President Theodore (“Teddy”) Roosevelt quote discussed, below. It behooves us to return to this attitude and to help those who refuse to become, in fact and in spirit, American, to go back where their attitudes, language, in-compatible customs are a better fit.

Quote from TruthOrFiction.com:

“ A quote from Theodore Roosevelt expressing his views in immigrants. He said they should assimilate, become loyal Americans, and speak English.

The Truth:

The quote is authentic but some of the wording is different than the original from Teddy Roosevelt. Also, it was not a quote from 1907 but was written in a letter by then former president Roosevelt on January 3, 1919 to the president of the American Defense Society. It was read publicly at a meeting on January 5, 1919. Roosevelt died the next day, on January 6, 1919

Teddy Roosevelt was the 26th President of the United States and the youngest to ever occupy the Oval Office. He was Vice President to President William McKinley when in 1901 McKinley was assassinated the Roosevelt took over at age 42. (At age 43 President John F. Kennedy was the youngest to ever be elected President.)

The actual text from Teddy Roosevelt’s letter is below. There are a few minor differences from the original such as changing “man” to “person” but the content is virtually identical.

We should insist that if the immigrant who comes here does in good faith become an

American and assimilates himself to us he shall be treated on an exact equality with every one else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birth-place or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.’ “
    Last edited by cjoi; 05-16-2018 at 10:00 PM.

You know, when immigrants used to come in to this country they wanted to assimilate. They figured that was the best way to obtain the American Dream.

Now immigrants want all the benefits that America has to offer but want their own language/customs/mores and do not care for Ameican Culture, just the benefits.

I'm sorry, but this is America. You should speak To nglish for services, there should not be a "press one for English, two for spainish"

It they want to talk in their native language, go back to where it is native.

The American Dream should come with some requirements and that means not expecting the same shirt hole conditions that were in the country you left.
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Since no one was actually speaking to this dude, seems to me he was out of line. The people in question were speaking to each other, not to him. Their business.

That little shot about welfare seems to be a bit trite as well, since the 'staff' are obviously working and the customers are presumably paying. Just because they know Spanish and choose to speak it to each other doesn't mean they're automatically on welfare. As to 'you come to America, you should speak English', I wonder what the Native Americans would say to that?

I have always supported English being our official language, and still do. Having paper work submitted in dozens of languages is costly to the taxpayer and wasteful. Period. And I don't like 'press 1 for English' either, but if a business chooses to offer that option, then I have the right to either do business with someone else, or accept their practice to offer the option to hear their robo-voice in Spanish. My choice.

This guy apparently just got his jock twisted and decided to take it out on someone who couldn't really fight back. That doesn't make him some kind of righteous defender of America. It just makes him a bully.

In some areas all this would have earned him was an ass beating for butting into someone else's business. Mind you, that video would probably have gone viral too

Bad
    Follow me to http://badkarma00.wordpress.com/ for all my craziness
    So say we all. . . .
    "If you value your lives, be somewhere else." Ambassador Delenn.

Since no one was actually speaking to this dude, seems to me he was out of line. The people in question were speaking to each other, not to him. Their business.
    On an individual and secluded basis that may be true but that ignores the much bigger problem and issues we have. Spanish in particular is showing up everywhere. It is on almost all labeling and packaging no matter what you buy or where you buy it, it is an option on almost everything that is done and everywhere you go these days. There are multiple Spanish speaking Latino/Hispanic TV, radio and advertising outlets. One of the largest TV/Media outlets in the US is Univision. Whole sections of towns if not the whole town are Spanish speaking including Governmental Facilities. In addition to all this it also ignores the very insidious and purposeful immigration invasion that is largely Latino/Hispanic. We are under full scale cultural upheaval. attack and national destruction. I don't know about you but I didn't vote for any of this crap and I am not going to be welcoming to it.
    "Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist"

Manhattan lawyer - probably Democrat, probably voted for Hillary.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

I don't rant in public like that but it does make me angry when people working in public businesses speak foreign languages. It doesn't matter if they are speaking back and forth among themselves or not, it is rude. My take on it is if you are in this country profiting from our way of life learn the language and assimilate, otherwise you are only here to rip us off.

Disagreeing...

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post

The employees were on the clock, and in a place of employment.
    They were being paid for control over their behavior.

Further, I believe that there needs to be a period of time after setting foot in the U.S. in which immigrants must exhibit skill with spoken AND written English, and those that fail, are permanently deported. (For nongenius diversities, ANY accent after two years would be a flunk in my book.)

Those illegally remaining here, or illegally returning?
    They get put into a new legal classification I suggest calling "Volunteers for Long-Term Unpaid Labor".
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

While I'm not a hearty consumer any longer, the little bit of discretionary spending we do is done with English speaking only businesses. We vote with a ballot, and we vote with our wallets.

As addressed above, borders, language, and culture is what a nation is that by which a nation is defined. I am not a rabid Michael Savage fan, but he has a book which, I believe, is titled to this effect. He is correct. Lose any of those 3 things and the nation is gone.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

the real problem of having none english speaking employee's .really shows its self when it comes to safety of life and property . it is very hard to work together as a team when part of the team can not understand what is said .
    case in point .i worked for a masonry company that has a bunch of latino's working for them that do not speak english .well they were grouting a block wall when i came up on them as the grout started to run out side of the wall and when i tried to get them to stop pouring they did not know what i was saying .so instead of a little mess . i had about half a yard or grout smeared down the wall and on the floor that i had to clean up.

it was a good thing i seen it happen .yes it was still a mess .but it was still wet .so i was able to clean up the block work .but if it had dried it would really cost the company money as that wall would of had to be torn down and relaid .

then there is the safety part of it .them working on a scaffold not fully safe to work on ..seems things get lost in translation .like fully planked and guard railed up

SIL was manager of a major dept store staffed mainly by Somali types. Customer complained that they would look at her, say something in their language and everybody would laugh. Customer was not amused. When SIL got the 2nd complaint, she called staff together and said.

1. This is America
    2. On the job we speak English.
    3. Get with program.

She was promptly fired for 'lacking sensitivity."

After thinking it over, she went down to the Main Office and asked if they were really, really sure they wanted to fire her. Turned out they really were not sure.

They made her manager at a smaller store about a mile from home (other had been across town), same salary.

She had a complete Somali staff. She established rapport with local welfare and when one of the Somali's quit, local welfare served up a Black who seemed to have potential. Pretty soon she is well on the way to all Black staff that was doing well. Somali's came around took a look at the staff and then went away.

When I was a kid, the 'old country' people talked Bohemian amongst themselves. But out in the World it was English. As for me, all I learned was the curse words from the hired men. I still know a couple but can't say I use them...much.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Wife's brother and family live in Miami, it is Cuba now. Very little English spoken
    So the last one out DID take the flag................

Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.