Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PLAY Are you planning to travel for the Memorial Day holiday?
+ Reply to Thread

5 Are you planning to travel for the Memorial Day holiday?

24% say yes
    54% say no
    7% say I'm not sure
    15% say if I can find a deal

I am surprised that the poll says over 50% will not be traveling over Memorial Day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/airfarewa...51063037435905

I won't be traveling either. Officials say the economy is "boomin" but I don't believe this.

Father in law had a minor stroke last week. So their time-share week at VA Beach that week has been given to us: A free paid vacation. God is good. And FIL is doing great. In Rehab for two weeks working on little memory issues and balance. At 90 years old he was very lucky it was so mild.

We never travel on a holiday weekend. Well to be honest we don't travel.

Yep I'm headed to the forest for a three day backpacking trip GF stuck at home taking care of pups. LOL
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Quote Originally Posted by DazedandConfused View Post
    Yep I'm headed to the forest for a three day backpacking trip GF stuck at home taking care of pups. LOL
    You are so lucky! We try to backpack here in NC or nearby once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yet your name is Journey... interesting.....

No, we'll be staying home. We have a couple of family birthdays at the end of May and Memorial Day weekend is when we get together to celebrate.
    Terri in Indiana

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

I was able to get some vacation time next week. I head home Friday and fly back Memorial Day to Washington State. No real plans except to ride the Harley with my wife.

No way, all the crazies will be out texting and driving.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Quote Originally Posted by foreverkeeps View Post
    You are so lucky! We try to backpack here in NC or nearby once a year.
    I hiked three weekends ago in Alabama I drove almost 8hrs to backpack about 20 miles with my friends. If ya never hiked The Pinhoti Trail in Talladega NF its worth the drive
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Quote Originally Posted by foreverkeeps View Post
    Yet your name is Journey... interesting.....
    After the band named Journey......

Memorial weekend is the only time off from "work" we have. Off to see the kids.

Staying home and working on the house! Yep, too many police and crazies on the roads.

Have no plans to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This ^^^^^^ Never. I won't even go into town to the grocery store or get gas. I get gassed up and make sure we have what we need here at home and stay put. Too many idiots up here on holiday weekends. It's bad enough listening and seeing the weekend warriors riding their atv vehicles ride up and down our road at 70 mph......sigh. Making lots of dust and way more noise that we would like. Hate holidays......

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Getting together with all the kids and grandkids for our annual Memorial Day campout... the campers and tents will be set up at a nice campground 2 1/2 miles from our farm, and we'll hold the shooting matches and 4 wheeler play on the farm. It works out well, because we don't have to travel and pay for the hired man to handle our chores, and the pregnant DDIL can sleep in a real bed at our house if her back starts bothering her, or if the 11 month old DGD doesn't settle to sleep in a tent. Plus, the horse crazy grandson will be able to ride the ponies, and we'll probably find the time to do the preliminary setup for the walk-in freezer installation that is *finally* (thank You, Lord!) getting done.

Hoping for cooperative weather, as we might even get help planting the gardens if we haven't managed that beforehand and our ridiculous rain situation settles down. None of the family are much on just sitting around for three straight days...

Summerthyme

Drudge is reporting that gas is now at $80 a barrel. I wonder what that translates into as a "per gallon" price.

As to traveling, nope. Staying home.

Are you planning to travel for the Memorial Day holiday?

No.

No way. We just got done with Tulip Time and the traffic was crazy with all of the terrorists in town. We got food at the beginning and hunkered down until they all went away. I just can't stand traffic any more. Makes me get all road raged at the crazies.

Nope.

Still have lots to do around the place. One rotten fence post needs to be dug out, which may happen that weekend. Then I can replace it, take out a large gate and replace it with stringers and fence.

That and make up a couple more large container/pots of plants for the back. It really never ends. Eventually, I’d like to downsize to a smaller place and yard.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post
    Drudge is reporting that gas is now at $80 a barrel. I wonder what that translates into as a "per gallon" price.
    $80/42 gallons per BBL = $1.905 Of course, that's wholesale price.

We're doing our traveling next week, gonna spend some time riding the Ozarks in N. Arkansas. Might have a little traffic heading home Friday.

No. We are lucky to walk around the yard.

Yep....

Will be going to the barns to feed the animals and gather eggs....

But, will have to go the the feed store next week for more feed.

Texican....

We will be taking a staycation. There are SOME advantages to living in a tourist destination after all
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I wish I could go on a trip. I am home recovering from surgery. Maybe we will grill 'n chill at home.

$3.00 a gallon says to us what makes you think your going any where..

it cost me $9.00 to fill my garden tractor so i could mow the yard..

Go ahead tell the robbers you won't be home.

Heading onto a much needed camping trip with the family up the Little Lost River Valley. The plants can watch themselves for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by byronandkathy2003 View Post
    $3.00 a gallon says to us what makes you think your going any where..

it cost me $9.00 to fill my garden tractor so i could mow the yard..
    $3.79 here.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

THIS weekend, I'm going to drive back to Cinti with one carload of the stuff I brought with me to STL as I knew I was going to be here for nearly a year, and put in in the storage unit.
    Next weekend I work on Saturday, and will just go through the rest of my remaining stuff here for the next 2 days. Project ends late next month, so starting to wrap up the personal ends now. No future projects in sight just yet; not sure where I'll go once this project (and its paid for hotel room) ends.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg