Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG North Korea threatens to pull out of summit with U.S. 5/15/18
+ Reply to Thread

North Korea threatens to pull out of summit with U.S. 5/15/18

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Rep...482705851.html

Report: North Korea threatens to pull out of summit with U.S.

Posted: Tue 1:19 PM, May 15, 2018 | Updated: Tue 1:26 PM, May 15, 2018

PYONGYANG, North Korea (KKTV) - With less than a month until its historic summit with the United States, North Korea is now threatening to back out.

This is according to a South Korean news agency, who cites the ongoing South Korea-U.S. military drills as a reason.

North Korea has loudly complained about the routine military exercises between the two nations for years, and at times has threatened action.

The two-week military exercise began last week.

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency reported that a high-level meeting between the Koreas Wednesday was canceled due to the exercises and that Pyongyang was questioning whether the summit with the U.S. should be canceled too.

The summit is scheduled for June 12 in Singapore.

This is a developing story and we will update as more information becomes available.

"...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

I had a feeling that things were going too well with NK......
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

If little rocket man pulls out he still gets the shitty end of the stick. If he shows he gets a lollipop. He will say he is not showing to save face but he will show.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Kim is in a bind....He's just about out of money to keep his clique happy and his security people "loyal" yet if he "does the deal" IMHO I don't think he or his inner circle see an "out" for themselves once the true extent of "crimes against humanity" they're on the hook for becomes fully exposed.

This growling about this exercise and canceling this meeting with the South may be Kim, or perhaps not Kim, attempting to give him/themselves more wiggle room.

Doomer Doug is shocked, shocked at Kim trying to pull out of this. I mean Kim wants change enough to avoid the collapse of his system, but not too much change which will collapse his system.
    China is making noises about Taiwan again, Housecarl. And then bingo, bango, bongo, Kim pulls this. The puppet is never too far from the puppetmaster's string.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

haha Kim obviously wants MORE out of this. F that guy and tighten the noose even more.
    “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
    ― Ram Dass

Kim makes threats.
    It's what he does.

It's not over until next month comes and goes without a meeting.

Why do so many overreact to every rumor from the media when it's know they lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Kim makes threats.
    It's what he does.

Hey the MEEEEEEEEEDIAAAAH is working VERY HARD to kill this meeting.

'Tis fun to watch, for me.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Doomer Doug is shocked, shocked at Kim trying to pull out of this. I mean Kim wants change enough to avoid the collapse of his system, but not too much change which will collapse his system.
    China is making noises about Taiwan again, Housecarl. And then bingo, bango, bongo, Kim pulls this. The puppet is never too far from the puppetmaster's string.
    Yup. So what is Trump going to do to cut those strings?

Kim makes threats.
    It's what he does.

It will never be over.It is like ending the Korean war,it just goes on and on.They will use the same tactics that they used during the"peace talks".The key word is talk,it is nothing but a delaying tactic.Expect this kind of threat at every point that they don't get their way.

I'm pretty sure that PDJT will be the first to walk out of the meeting room, though he may not leave the building. Kim may well get a dose of his own tactics.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

just watch - he'll be demanding the Sudenland next ....
    Illini Warrior

Probably for the better. How could we possibly believe that little fat F__k.
    "Enjoy Today,
    it's all downhill from here on"

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    As well as Alsace and the Lorraine....

Would that be the Sudetenland?......or South Korea (Suden land/South land)?
    True North Strong and Free

18. Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post

Why do so many overreact to every rumor from the media when it's known they lie?
    fake news...
    Attached Images
    THERE'S NO WAY IF YOU CAN REALLY KNOW WHETHER I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OR NOT, so it's really up to you.
    Just have to make up your own damn mind to accept what I'm going to tell you or reject it.
    WWG1WGA

I can't find source, but have read this is "fake news". Will post more if I can find it.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Kim makes threats.
    It's what he does.

Because they like doom/n/gloom even if it's fake? Sort of an addiction?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Well View Post
    Because they like doom/n/gloom even if it's fake? Sort of an addiction?
    We’ll have none of that here, no sirrey.
    Nothing but the finest in uplifting thoughts.

For links see article source.....
    Posted for fair use.....
    http://www.nwherald.com/2018/05/16/n...nukes/ab6ootw/

North Korea expands threat to cancel summit, saying it will reconsider if U.S. demands country give up nukes

By Anna Fifield – The Washington Post
    7:57 am

SEOUL - North Korea is rapidly moving the goalposts for next month's summit between leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, saying the United States must stop insisting it "unilaterally" abandon its nuclear program and stop talking about a Libya-style solution to the standoff.

The latest warning, delivered by former North Korean nuclear negotiator Kim Kye Gwan on Wednesday, fits Pyongyang's well-established pattern of raising the stakes in negotiations by threatening to walk out if it doesn't get its way.

This comes just hours after the North Korean regime cast doubt on the planned summit by protesting against joint air force drills taking place in South Korea, saying they were ruining the diplomatic mood.

If the Trump administration approaches the summit "with sincerity" for improved relations, "it will receive a deserved response from us," Kim Kye Gwan, now vice foreign minister, said in a statement carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency on Wednesday.

"However, if the U.S. is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue and cannot but reconsider our proceeding to the DPRK-U.S. summit," he said, using the abbreviation for North Korea's official name. He also questioned the sequencing of denuclearization first, compensation second.

Analysts said they were not surprised by these latest developments in what has been a year of diplomatic whiplash.

"The U.S. and South Korea hold an exercise, which contains some strategic strike elements to it. U.S. officials can't seem to get on the same page regarding denuclearization and what is required of North Korea," said Ken Gause, a North Korea leadership expert at CNA, a Virginia-based consulting firm. "At some point, North Korea was going to cry foul."

Trump and Kim Jong Un are due to meet in Singapore on June 12, which would be the first time a North Korean leader had met with a sitting U.S. president.

Trump and his top aides, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and national security adviser John Bolton, have repeatedly said that the United States wants the "complete verifiable irreversible denuclearization of North Korea" - a high standard that Pyongyang has previously balked at.

Bolton, known for his sharply hawkish views, has said that North Korea must commit to a "Libya 2004" style disarmament. He was under secretary of state for arms control in 2004, when Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi agreed to give up its nuclear program in return for sanctions relief.

But this is not a tempting model for North Korea. Seven years after surrendering his nuclear program, Gadhafi was overthrown, and then brutally killed by opponents of his regime.

North Korea hit out at Bolton, whom the regime derided as "human scum" while he worked in the George W. Bush administration, and at the suggestions that North Korea should be dealt with in the same way that the Bush administration dealt with Libya and Iraq.

"This is not an expression of intention to address the issue through dialogue. It is essentially a manifestation of awfully sinister move[s] to impose on our dignified state the destiny of Libya or Iraq, which had been collapsed due to the yielding of their countries to big powers," Kim Kye Gwan said.

"[The] world knows too well that our country is neither Libya nor Iraq, which have met a miserable fate," he said, harking back to its previous criticism of Bolton. "We shed light on the quality of Bolton already in the past and we do not hide a feeling of repugnance towards him," the vice minister said.

In negotiations over the years, North Korea has repeatedly threatened to walk out, and has on occasion actually walked out, over disagreements. In that respect, Wednesday's announcement is not surprising and underscores analysts' warnings that North Korea will not give up its nuclear weapons easily.

During the April 27 inter-Korean summit, Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in agreed to work toward the "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" - phrasing that was seen as code for mutual arms reduction.

Earlier on Wednesday, KCNA had protested against the joint U.S.-South Korea military exercises currently taking place in the southern half of the peninsula, threatening to pull out of the summit over this "provocation."

North Korea said barely a word about the drills during the computer simulation exercises that took place through April, and the South Korean and U.S. militaries had scaled back and played down the exercises to avoid antagonizing the North.

But the two-week-long Max Thunder drills between the two countries' air forces, an annual event that began Friday and involve about 100 warplanes including B-52 bombers and F-15K jets, have clearly struck a nerve.

"The United States will also have to undertake careful deliberations about the fate of the planned North Korea-U.S. summit in light of this provocative military ruckus jointly conducted with the South Korean authorities," the KCNA report said.

Max Thunder has been held annually in the spring for about 10 years. It features the United States and South Korea flying strike aircraft together from air bases in South Korea and Japan to practice air-to-air combat. About 1,000 U.S. troops and 500 South Koreans were involved last year, according to a U.S. military statement published at the time.

South Korea's Defense Ministry said that the Max Thunder drills would carry on as planned, and there is no disagreement on this between South Korea and the United States.

"The Max Thunder drill is training for pilot skill enhancement, not an attack drill or implementation of an operation plan," said Defense Ministry spokeswoman Choi Hyun-soo.

A Pentagon spokesman, Army Col. Robert Manning III, said Tuesday that the exercises are part of the U.S.-South Korean alliance's "routine, annual training program to maintain a foundation of military readiness."

Manning said the purpose of the exercises is to enhance the alliance's ability to defend South Korea. "While we will not discuss specifics, the defensive nature of these combined exercises has been clear for many decades and has not changed," he said.

North Korea, as it has in the past, disagreed. "This exercise targeting us, which is being carried out across South Korea, is a flagrant challenge to the Panmunjom Declaration and an intentional military provocation running counter to the positive political development on the Korean Peninsula," KCNA said.

By mentioning the Panmunjom Declaration, North Korea was referring to the agreement signed last month by Kim and South Korean President Moon Jae-in following their historic summit.

They agreed to work to turn the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War in 1953 into a peace treaty that would officially bring the war to a close, and also to pursue the "complete denuclearization" of the Korean Peninsula.

Trump administration officials said they were continuing to work toward the June 12 summit between Trump and Kim.

"The United States will look at what North Korea has said independently and continue to coordinate closely with our allies," said White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the United States had not received notice of any change or cancellation. She said the government is continuing to plan for the summit and is confident that Kim understands the need for the exercises.

At the same time as threatening to scuttle the summit with Trump, North Korea canceled talks with South Korean officials that had been scheduled for Wednesday, less than 24 hours after agreeing to them.

North Korea had said it would send five senior officials to the border village of Panmunjom for meetings with South Korean officials, the first such talks since the April 27 inter-Korean summit.

They were due to discuss some of the infrastructure aid that South Korea would provide to North Korea as part of their broader detente. The North was going to send Ri Son Kwon, who leads the North Korean agency in charge of inter-Korean exchanges and was present at the summit, while the South was going to send senior officials from the Transport Ministry and forest service.

North Korea's decision to unilaterally postpone high-level talks between the two Koreas "is not in line with the spirit of the Panmunjom Declaration and is regrettable," unification ministry spokesman Baik Tae-hyun told reporters on Wednesday.

"Such action of the North is inconsistent with the fundamental spirit and purpose of the Panmunjom Declaration agreed by the South and North leaders on April 27," Baik said.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    We’ll have none of that here, no sirrey.
    Nothing but the finest in uplifting thoughts.
    But . . . um . . . what if one man's thoughts are another man's doom. Is that . . . permitted?

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    I'm pretty sure that PDJT will be the first to walk out of the meeting room, though he may not leave the building. Kim may well get a dose of his own tactics.
    You mean DJT might put Kim in front of a Howitzer or feed him to some dogs?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

I have not failed. I have simple discovered ten-thousand ways things don't work.

I am not sure if Little Kim is calling all his own "shots" here? He may be and think he is acting tough, but I'm sensing some pressure from generals and other elites who like things just the way they are.

That or Kim THINKS he can get away with his father and grandfather's "pretend to be willing to willing to make a deal, get some cool stuff and then ignore the deal;" but if that was all that was in play I would expect the summit to take place, Kim to get all the bennies he could out of it (while hiding some of his programs) and then pull it out again in a year or even five to try the whole thing over again.

I don't think he realizes that Trump isn't going to play this game and neither is the US State Department in the current world situation (at least I don't think so).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

So Kim threatens to pull out early, Maybe we should send Stormy over and get 2 birds with one stone.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I am not sure if Little Kim is calling all his own "shots" here? He may be and think he is acting tough, but I'm sensing some pressure from generals and other elites who like things just the way they are.

That or Kim THINKS he can get away with his father and grandfather's "pretend to be willing to willing to make a deal, get some cool stuff and then ignore the deal;" but if that was all that was in play I would expect the summit to take place, Kim to get all the bennies he could out of it (while hiding some of his programs) and then pull it out again in a year or even five to try the whole thing over again.

I don't think he realizes that Trump isn't going to play this game and neither is the US State Department in the current world situation (at least I don't think so).
    The other possible source of such "pressure" would be Xi in Beijing telling him to act tough to "help" both of their positions, though mostly Xi's.

Considering the number of "adults" Trump has in the key national security positions, including the new Sec of State, and Xi's slide to dictator for life, yeah it's all going to be about national security (which does include trade) and Xi's position in the PRC is a lot more fragile, and thus dangerous, than they'll, and the usual swamp creatures in DC, admit.

Thanks, Housecarl, I hadn't thought about Xi and I should have; the "New Emperor" is on some rather shaky ground; all I could tell was that Kim seemed to not be acting as he was and it didn't "feel right;" interesting times indeed.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    But . . . um . . . what if one man's thoughts are another man's doom. Is that . . . permitted?
    Only on a Thursday.
    But, you can’t enjoy yourself.
    Or stain your underwear.
    Last edited by Profit of Doom; 05-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighttemplar View Post
    So Kim threatens to pull out early, Maybe we should send Stormy over and get 2 birds with one stone.
    Pulling out early, nothing heard about his wife recently?
    Connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    You mean DJT might put Kim in front of a Howitzer or feed him to some dogs?
    That would be cruel.

Why would you be mean to those dogs?