Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Celestial A SPECIAL CONJUNCTION OF THE MOON AND JUPITER:
+ Reply to Thread

A SPECIAL CONJUNCTION OF THE MOON AND JUPITER:

This weekend, the Moon and Jupiter are converging in the constellation Libra. Conjunctions between the Moon and Jupiter are not uncommon--but this one is special. It's happening only days before Jupiter's closest approach to Earth in early May, making the giant planet unusually big and bright alongside the full Moon. Look for them rising in the southeast at sunset.

http://spaceweather.com

Saw this yesterday early a.m. and knew what that bright light relatively near the full moon was thanks to this heads-up. Then I saw a collection of lights that made me do a WTF!!! until I realized it was a jet on approach to the local airport. You get this mental image of what a commercial plane looks like as it's landing and it probably isn't banking 45 degrees and slewed sideways (not wind, just the angle) until the landing lights make no sense in that first second or two in the dark of night! Fortunately no aliens tried to beam me up, which is just as well since I was traveling 60 mph at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Saw this yesterday early a.m. and knew what that bright light relatively near the full moon was thanks to this heads-up. Then I saw a collection of lights that made me do a WTF!!! until I realized it was a jet on approach to the local airport. You get this mental image of what a commercial plane looks like as it's landing and it probably isn't banking 45 degrees and slewed sideways (not wind, just the angle) until the landing lights make no sense in that first second or two in the dark of night! Fortunately no aliens tried to beam me up, which is just as well since I was traveling 60 mph at the time.
    The lights could of been the moonbats.. just sayin...
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    The lights could of been the moonbats.. just sayin...
    Well, the moonbats did a very convincing roar of jet turbines as they passed directly overhead at 500-1,000 feet. But good camouflage is an important key to survival in a world growing ever more densely populated by humans.

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Well, the moonbats did a very convincing roar of jet turbines as they passed directly overhead at 500-1,000 feet. But good camouflage is an important key to survival in a world growing ever more densely populated by humans.
    You do understand my comment was tongue in cheek right?
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    You do understand my comment was tongue in cheek right?
    As was mine! Chupacabras only reveal themselves when they actually reveal themselves in their true form, donchaknow! The rest of the time they just look like stray dogs with mange!

To get this at least back to the subject of space and at least partly back to Jupiter, that interstellar asteroid will cross Jupiter's orbit sometime this month. I haven't been able to find a specific day when that will happen, but here's some text from Wikipedia:

"It will pass above Jupiter's orbit in May 2018, Saturn's orbit in January 2019, and Neptune's orbit in 2022. As it leaves the Solar System it will be approximately right ascension (RA) 23h51m and declination +2445', in Pegasus. It will continue to slow down until it reaches a speed of 26.33 km/s relative to the Sun, the same speed it had before its approach to the Solar System. It will take the object roughly 20,000 years to leave the Solar System completely." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ʻOumuamua)