Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS Harry Anderson of Night Court Died
+ Reply to Thread

Harry Anderson of Night Court Died

variety.com/2018/tv/news/harry-anderson-night-court-dead-at-65-1202754949/

Harry Anderson, ‘Night Court’ Star, Dies at 65

Harry Anderson, the amiable actor who presided over the NBC comedy “Night Court” for nine seasons, has died at his home in Asheville, N.C., according to a local media report. He was 65.
    Anderson was found at his home by police officers early Monday morning, according to a report by WSPA-TV, the CBS affiliate in Spartanburg, N.C. No foul play was suspected, police told the station.
    Anderson was a magician-turned-actor who was known as a rabid fan of jazz singer Mel Torme. The affection for Torme was woven into his TV alter ego, Judge Harry Stone, a quirky character who ruled the bench at a Manhattan night court. The sitcom was a mainstay of NBC from 1984 to 1992. Anderson earned three consecutive Emmy nominations for his work on the show from 1985-1987.
    Anderson gained national attention after he guest starred as grifter Harry “the Hat” Gittes on NBC’s “Cheers” in the early 1980s. On “Night Court,” Anderson played a goofy but big-hearted judge who encountered a host of oddball characters and cases every week. The series also starred John Larroquette, Richard Moll, Charles Robinson, Marsha Warfield, and Markie Post. Anderson also directed two episodes of the series and wrote or co-wrote five episodes during its long run.

After “Night Court,” Anderson co-starred as columnist Dave Barry in the CBS comedy “Dave’s World,” which ran for four seasons. Anderson moved to New Orleans in 2000 to open the nightclub Oswald’s Speakeasy, where he performed a mix of comedy and magic, and a magic and curio shop dubbed Sideshow.
    Anderson logged a guest spot in FX’s “Son of the Beach” in 2002 and a 2008 appearance on NBC’s “30 Rock.” But for the most part, he stayed away from Hollywood. He moved to North Carolina in 2006 after New Orleans was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.
    Born in Rhode Island, Anderson reportedly had a difficult childhood and moved frequently with his mother, who he once described in an interview with Playboy as “a hustler.” He moved to California at the age of 16 to be with his father. He became a street performer and reportedly ran a lucrative shell game on the streets of San Francisco for a time.
    Anderson made his way to L.A.’s famed Magic Castle in the early 1980s, where he connected with an agent, according to TCM.com. He made several appearances on “Saturday Night Live” around this time. After “Night Court” made him a star, Anderson hosted “SNL” in 1985.
    Anderson’s other credits included guest shots on “Tales From the Crypt” and HBO’s “Tanner ’88,” “Parker Lewis Can’t Lose,” and “The John Larroquette Show.” He starred in the 1990 ABC miniseries adaptation of Stephen King’s “It.”
    Do as thou will, lest ye harm none

@FatTurkeyFarm on twitter

We have our third: 'Night Court' star Harry Anderson dead at 65

'Night Court' star Harry Anderson dead at 65

Tyler McCarthy2 hours ago

Harry Anderson, famed 80s sitcom star best known for his work as judge Harry T. Stone on “Night Court,” has died at age 65.

The star was found dead in his Asheville, N.C., home on Monday morning at 6:41 a.m. an Asheville Police spokeswoman told Fox News. At this time, there is no official cause of death, and no foul play is suspected.

According to TMZ, Anderson’s son, Dashiell, says his father died of natural causes. The actor is survived by his wife and two children.

Fans may remember Anderson for his role in “Night Court,” but it was hardly his only acting job. After making a splash with numerous appearances on “Saturday Night Live,” he had a lengthy recurring role on “Cheers” as Harry “The Hat” Gittes. He later appeared as the original Richie character in the made-for-TV adaptation of Stephen King’s “It,” which was recently remade into a movie.

In addition, he was an accomplished magician, even opening a magic shop in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ies-at-65.html

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

Ah Nuts!

Sorry

May He Rest In Peace.

65? Kinda young. I know, it's all perspective.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist

If you have not been to the range in a month, you are underperforming.-BB

May He Rest In Peace.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist

If you have not been to the range in a month, you are underperforming.-BB

Threads Merged
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Where he lived here in Asheville was on the other side of the mountain where I live. RIP Harry, you were one of the good ones.

Beep Beep, Richie.

Man, I loved Night Court.

3rd? Lee, Harry and who?
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Molon Labe
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again

10. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by RB Martin View Post
    Thanks for that, I really enjoyed it. So sad today's sitcoms are so vile.

I remember when he was on SNL.
    Truly a talented and funny Smartass.
    One more I will miss.

Jeff
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

Here's two more. Harry Anderson is great! The country bumpkin is Brent Spiner who played Data on Star Trek the Next Generation BTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0NmaBtpnBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd7by2m1VDs

Good show. RIP.

That's pretty young, was he in ill health? I don't recall seeing him on anything since Night Court.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Loved his work. So sorry to see this. Too young, certainly.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

Sad news. Loved his routines and his genre caused me to expand my magic from close-up to the occasional geek magic effect. He was a great comedy magician and his con-man character worked well for him. One of the funniest things I saw, especially as a magician, was a SNL skit of him versus Doug Henning in a magic face-off. I liked both performers but the contest theme was hilarious, especially as they played the portions of Dueling Banjos throughout the skit.

Quote Originally Posted by RB Martin View Post
    Thanks for my morning laugh! I had really forgotten about that program. I recognize the male lawyer as being a judge on American Idol, I hear he swings both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Thanks for my morning laugh! I had really forgotten about that program. I recognize the male lawyer as being a judge on American Idol, I hear he swings both ways.
    John Larroquette was never on American Idol, last I knew.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0488662/

He's also been married to the same woman for 43 years.

Once again I am stunned by the swift passage of time and the illusion of yesterdays being closer rather than farther away. Night Court was one of the shows after leaving the military I tried to never miss this show and several others from that time period of idiot box history.The show was wonderfully a bubble off, with it's strange crimes, events and personalities. It helped me forget. I just checked all the main characters are dead pool age. I hate getting old but for the time being it beats the alternative. Safe journeys Harry , you done good.
    All love is unrequited-Cmdr. Susan Ivanova //Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. - Capt. Mal remember boys and girls ATFTRAF I used to run with giants, now I wait to be zombie road kill.