Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME 8-year-old boy at school slashes other students with knife
+ Reply to Thread

8-year-old boy at school slashes other students with knife

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/8-y...cA1&OCID=HPDHP

Associated Press

SAUK RAPIDS, Minn. — An 8-year-old student took a kitchen knife to a central Minnesota elementary school and randomly attacked three other children Monday, authorities said.

Police Chief Perry Beise said the victims — aged 8, 9 and 13 — suffered "superficial wounds" requiring stitches in the attack at Pleasantview Elementary in Sauk Rapids. No one else was hurt.

Beise told The Associated Press he didn't know why the boy did it.

"If I could answer that question I would," the police chief said. "He randomly cut three students then walked into the office and set the knife down."
    School Superintendent Bruce Watkins said the boy lashed out at the other students until an adult intervened. The incident lasted about 5 minutes and took place in a school hallway.

The incident happened about 7:15 a.m. as students were arriving for class, Watkins told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. After putting his backpack away, the second-grade student took out a knife and slashed three students with it, the superintendent said. School officials immediately called police and an ambulance.

By the time officers arrived, Beise said, the boy was in an office with a counselor and the three injured students were being treated by the school nurse. He said the boy was cooperative with investigators. He said he didn't know if the boy had been bullied, or if he had mental health issues.

Beise said the boy was released to his parents. The police report will be forwarded to the Benton County Attorney's Office.

"They don't charge children this young with crimes," the chief said "You try to get them treatment and help them be successful. It's also possible that human services will become involved in some way."

In an email to parents, school officials said that the parents of the three injured students chose to take their children home or to get additional medical attention on their own.

One of the injured children is a seventh-grader who was waiting to catch a transfer bus. The other two are Pleasantview Elementary students.

Watkins said the school made mental health counselors available to students and staff. Classes went on as scheduled. The attacker will not be allowed back in school, the superintendent said.

Sauk Rapids is about 70 miles (113 kilometers) northwest of Minneapolis. Pleasantview has 720 students in kindergarten through fifth grade, according to the school district's website.

Weapons in schools and school security have been ongoing issues in the U.S.

A 19-year-old former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, is accused of bringing an assault rifle to the school in February and killing 17 students and staff members. In December 2012, Adam Lanza, 20, shot his mother to death at their Newtown, Connecticut, home before killing 20 first-graders and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Lanza killed himself as police arrived at the school.
    Be Safe

To kill the vampires you must lead them into the light.

They will come for you next !

8 is young for that kind of stuff. I doubt the "random" BS.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Demographics will most likely provide the answer.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

When he went back to school he would be standing the rest of the year.

Bullying has consequences...

"RANDOM??" Nahhh
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Nowski View Post
    Demographics will most likely provide the answer.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    Sauk Rapids, MN is home to a population of 13,196 people, from which 98.5% are citizens. The ethnic composition of the population of Sauk Rapids, MN is composed of 12,155 White residents (92.1%), 305 Hispanic residents (2.31%), 284 Two+ residents (2.15%), 277 Asian residents (2.1%), and 163 Black residents (1.24%).
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

Minnesota, huh?

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

I am known for my "snotty gibberish", aren't I?

Sauk Rapids is like 3 miles north of St. Cloud...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sa...!4d-94.1661011

Just sayin'

Like we used to say about Potsdam........"Forty below do keep the riff-raff out!"

the first-semester diversity vs the mid second-semester diversity was VERY different....2" of snow for Thanksgiving (or the weekend before when we put ice in the arena) discouraged a LOT of folks....
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."
    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

Gentle reminder: It is entirely possible to think that generalizations are true and to judge each real live person you meet as an individual

why does London and Muslim come to mind when I read this - there's all kinds of Somali up there in St Cloud .... wondering
    Illini Warrior

I was wondering where the closest mosque is located to this. Sickening.
    “My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.” - Stonewall Jackson

Race School District Minnesota National
    Caucasian 88.3% 89.5% 70.9% 51.1%
    African Am. 3.7% 2.7% 9.6% 15.9%
    Asian.......... 1.5% 1.2% 6.3% 4.7%
    Hispanic .... 2.3% 2.4% 8.0% 23.6%
    NA-Alaskan 1.0% 0.6% 1.8% 1.2%
    Hawaiian .... 0.0% 0.2% 0.1% 0.4%
    Multiracial... 3.2% 3.4% 3.2% 3.1%

Meh, small stuff. Just the same ol daily routine for teachers across the land. Thankful I have �� 38 days till retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    I was wondering where the closest mosque is located to this. Sickening.
    About 29-30 blocks...

Here is the school:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pl...!4d-94.1712641

Here are the mosques:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/s...94.1544204,12z

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    Race School District Minnesota National
    Caucasian 88.3% 89.5% 70.9% 51.1%
    African Am. 3.7% 2.7% 9.6% 15.9%
    Asian.......... 1.5% 1.2% 6.3% 4.7%
    Hispanic .... 2.3% 2.4% 8.0% 23.6%
    NA-Alaskan 1.0% 0.6% 1.8% 1.2%
    Hawaiian .... 0.0% 0.2% 0.1% 0.4%
    Multiracial... 3.2% 3.4% 3.2% 3.1%
    A more telling statistic would be religious percentages but you won't find anything accurate...

Dune Coon?

Spoonbill?

White boy that was tired of getting f***ed with?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Unless there is someone on this board with a child in that school, no one here can say what happened. The area is predominantly white, as is the student body of that school. Muslims are in the area, but they are relatively few. The same can be said for hispanic, blacks, asians, and mixed. They are there, but definitely only a few percentage points of the overall populace.

Anything is possible, but given the demographics, some things are improbable. The most likely scenerio is a child who's been bullied with parents that did nothing about it. Whatever the case may be, we'll not be seeing names, races, etc unless the parents involved speak out on facespy or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    Unless there is someone on this board with a child in that school, no one here can say what happened. The area is predominantly white, as is the student body of that school. Muslims are in the area, but they are relatively few. The same can be said for hispanic, blacks, asians, and mixed. They are there, but definitely only a few percentage points of the overall populace.

Anything is possible, but given the demographics, some things are improbable. The most likely scenerio is a child who's been bullied with parents that did nothing about it. Whatever the case may be, we'll not be seeing names, races, etc unless the parents involved speak out on facespy or the like.
    Yeah... Since a knife was used, I will go out on a limb and say what happened.

If wrong I will apologize profusely but given the proximity to St. Cloud and the lack of any details... Well...

Funny how most of the comments at the local news sites agree with me

Guessing there’s a whole lot more to this story in terms of the demographics of students involved. But, of course, we’ll never be given the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Yeah... Since a knife was used, I will go out on a limb and say what happened.

If wrong I will apologize profusely but given the proximity to St. Cloud and the lack of any details... Well...

Funny how most of the comments at the local news sites agree with me

Unlikely but possible it could be muslim related. Comments to articles have just as much probability of being wrong or right as the comments here. Even if they are confirmation bias.

However, if in the unlikely event that turns out to be true, it raises another spectre. That being an eight year old jihadi in an elementary school.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/0...second-grader/

Snip;
    “An 8-year-old student had come to school with a kitchen knife and cut three children in the hallway at random,” Chief Perry Beise said.

The three attacks happened in less than a minute. The 8-year-old then, on his own, walked to the school office and put the knife down.

“I don’t think he had an intended target when he came to school with a knife. We’re not sure exactly why he came to school with a knife,” Beise said.
    If that part is true, it fits the bullied narrative a lot closer than jihadi.

Not everything is "Muslim Related," my first thought was, "look at the home for signs of abuse and if there are none, look into severe bullying of the child in school."

Those are not excuses, but that sort of "acting out" tends to be caused by something; the third most likely cause is just a small child with a brain glitch who is "out of control" but my hunch is bullying or abuse (and it may not be the parents, this can be an elder sibling, a cousin or even a neighbor).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoumom View Post
    Meh, small stuff. Just the same ol daily routine for teachers across the land. Thankful I have �� 38 days till retirement.
    And if your still looking for work let me know. I know a private school in idaho that's looking for a teacher.
    I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying harder to be a better person than I was yesterday.
    TRUTH

This is so serious I can't believe they let him go home. He should have been hospitalized in the psychiatric ward for evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrwyn View Post
    This is so serious I can't believe they let him go home. He should have been hospitalized in the psychiatric ward for evaluation.
    At the very least...

I am sure he is normal, they teach hate to the very young.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrwyn View Post
    This I agree with...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

My first thought was: a budding young Somali slasher.

When are they going to call for the outlawing of knives?
    "Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
    And dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Not everything is "Muslim Related"
    I agree but given the area of St. Cloud and the problems with the Somali population there, until it is proven wrong, the possibility is on the table

Seems I have heard the "Police still searching for motive" line before...

Chief: Unclear Why 8-Year-Old Slashed Students
    The police chief in a Minnesota city where an 8-year-old slashed three other students with a knife says he wishes he knew why the boy did it.

Sauk Rapids Police Chief Perry Beise says the boy randomly cut three children at Pleasantview Elementary School on Monday morning, then went into the office and set the knife down. Beise says that when officers arrived, the boy was in a counselor's office while the three children, who were not seriously hurt, were being treated by the school nurse.

The chief says he doesn't know if the boy had been bullied or had mental health issues. He says the boy cooperated with investigators.

Beise says authorities don't file charges against children that young, they instead try to get them help
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...he-latest.html

Also, what, if any, Medications was the child being given?
    You who SEEK revenge,or JUSTICE for the wrongs, crimes and sins done to you, will find it in the same place that God is freely handing out Mercy, At the Cross, where Christ died taking the punishment not only for your sins, but also for the sins committed against you by others!

Interesting...there are a couple of weapons in schools in Kalamazoo today:

http://wwmt.com/news/local/parents-c...pons-to-school

Parents concerned after two Kalamazoo elementary students bring weapons to school

by Nicky Zizaza | Newschannel 3Monday, April 16th 2018

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — Two students brought weapons to a Kalamazoo elementary school on Monday.

The principal of Woodward School for Technology and Research phoned parents to tell them one student brought a BB gun to school and another brought a knife to school.

Parents like Lindsay Watts said the robo call sent her into a panic.

"I was absolutely horrified. I was shaken, I didn't know where my children were, they hadn't arrived from the school bus yet," said Watts.

The Kalamazoo mother said when her daughter got home from school her fear intensified.

"She came in with tears in her eyes, and she said, 'Mommy, I need to tell you about something scary that happened at school today,'” said Watts. “She was crying, she was in the room when the boy pulled the knife out and went after one of her friends."

Kitara Keith, 10, described what happened in gym class Monday morning while playing with friends.

"This boy pulled out his pocket knife and started coming towards me, Janay, and Laquayla and then we started to run to one of the teachers," said Keith.

Following the incident Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety officers responded to the school and launched an investigation.

"All I could think of was, 'Oh my God, are my babies’ safe, are they okay, did somebody get hurt,'" said Watts.

But other parents like Tony Lamphieir said the dangerous situation came as a surprise.

"This is a quiet neighborhood, the school is a fairly nice school, you don't hear about any fights going on here so this is really odd," Lamphieir said.

School officials confirmed no one was hurt and we’re told students will be disciplined according to the school code of conduct.
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

After that last snow storm they got, you can almost see why he's pissed off. I guess he's not Minnesota nice, is he.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

That is so young to lash out violently and aggressively with what can be considered a deadly weapon. I know "officials" do not know what the motive was but one can speculate. I would GUESS he is possibly a domestic abuse victim, has mental health issues, was bullied or is being raised (babysat) by violent video games. I think there are so many young parents that just are unaware of the dangers of what their children are being exposed to, not that I am blaming the parents in any way for their 8 year old's behavior because not too much is known at this time. This little boy is only 8 years old and that is troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by fairywell View Post
    That is so young to lash out violently and aggressively with what can be considered a deadly weapon. I know "officials" do not know what the motive was but one can speculate. I would GUESS he is possibly a domestic abuse victim, has mental health issues, was bullied or is being raised (babysat) by violent video games. I think there are so many young parents that just are unaware of the dangers of what their children are being exposed to, not that I am blaming the parents in any way for their 8 year old's behavior because not too much is known at this time. This little boy is only 8 years old and that is troubling.
    Maybe...

Unless the parents are like this:

Mel B claims ex Stephen Belafonte showed kids videos of Islamic State beheadings
    https://terror-alert.com/news/mel-b-...ngs?uid=110530

British Muslim Jailed For Showing Islamic State Beheading Video to Kids
    https://www.news18.com/news/world/br...s-1539013.html

U.K: Elementary school teacher shows beheading videos to class
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ial-Umar-Haque

UK: Muslim parents forced children to watch Islamic State beheading videos
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...upporters.html

Here's how the Islamic State turns children into terrorists
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ists/89107872/

Islamic State video shows toddler beheading Teddy Bear
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rrorism-jihadi

It could be this as well.

http://people.com/crime/the-slender-...o-stab-friend/
    Snip:
    Slender Man’s Proxies
    The girls accused of stabbing their friend said they did it in order to become “proxies” of Slender Man, according to prosecutors. One Slender Man site explains: “Proxies are entities or people who are under the influence or control of Slender Man and act based on its wants/needs – hence, Proxies serve as an in-between – a proxy – for Slender Man.”
    Children have killed other children by knife trying to be a 'proxie' already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Maybe...

Unless the parents are like this:

Mel B claims ex Stephen Belafonte showed kids videos of Islamic State beheadings
    https://terror-alert.com/news/mel-b-...ngs?uid=110530

British Muslim Jailed For Showing Islamic State Beheading Video to Kids
    https://www.news18.com/news/world/br...s-1539013.html

U.K: Elementary school teacher shows beheading videos to class
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ial-Umar-Haque

UK: Muslim parents forced children to watch Islamic State beheading videos
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...upporters.html

Here's how the Islamic State turns children into terrorists
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ists/89107872/

Islamic State video shows toddler beheading Teddy Bear
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rrorism-jihadi
    Ha, well yes, those options are clearly options with regard to parenting indoctrination and failure. Will be interesting to learn more about this incident if anymore is given to learn from .