Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FASCISM Pearson high school history textbook teaches Trump is mentally ill and his supporters are racists
+ Reply to Thread

19 Pearson high school history textbook teaches Trump is mentally ill and his supporters are racists

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...rs-are-racists

Pearson high school history textbook teaches Trump is mentally ill and his supporters are racists
    Teri Webster Apr 15, 2018 3:53 pm

An updated edition of a high school history textbook promotes an anti-Trump narrative and is laced with innuendos that his supporters and white people in general are racists.

Alex On-Air, a talk show host with WNOW-FM radio in Indianapolis, Indiana, posted several examples from the textbook on Twitter, and the story was also reported by The American Mirror.

What does this reflect?
    “In case you didn’t think there was an effort going on in public schools to indoctrinate kids with an anti-conservative agenda, a friend of mine took pictures and highlighted parts of this AP US History book,” the WNOW radio host wrote on Twitter.

The textbook, “By The People,” by James W. Fraser is geared for Advanced Placement high school students in grades 9-12, according to its publisher’s website. The book, published by textbook giant Pearson, is an updated edition and carries a 2019 [sic] copyright mark.

A section of the book reads:
    Trump’s supporters saw the vote as a victory for the people who, like themselves, had been forgotten in a fast-changing America–a mostly older, often rural or suburban, and overwhelmingly white group. Clinton’s supporters feared that the election had been determined by people who were afraid of a rapidly developing ethnic diversity of the country, discomfort with their candidate’s gender, and nostalgia for an earlier time in the nation’s history. They also worried about the mental instability of the president-elect and the anger that he and his supporters brought to the nation.

What else does it say?

Published photos of the book show that it also states:

Whatever people’s opinions, on January 20, 2017, Donald J. Trump was inaugurated as the forty-fifth president of the United States. The inner circle of his advisors seemed to represent a mix of some deeply ideological conservatives, traditional politicians, and his family. His cabinet nominees were mostly highly successful business leaders who had made their fortunes and were now joining the team of another unusually successful businessman. They were largely white males, more so than any presidential cabinet since Ronald Reagan.
    “By The People” also brings up former President Barack Obama’s tenure, stating:
    “Those who had long thought of the nation as a white and Christian country sometimes found it difficult to adjust.”
    Further, it promotes an “all-white-people-are-racists” narrative in a section about the activist group Black Lives Matter. The group entered the national stage through demonstrations it held after Michael Brown was killed by Ferguson, Missouri police in 2014.
    “The nearly all-white police force was seen as an occupying army in the mostly African American town,” the book states, adding, “…police increased the tensions, defacing memorials set up for Brown and using rubber bullets on demonstrators.”
    The history textbook is just one example of how the liberal agenda is promoted in schools. In another recent example, members of the LGBT community are pushing for legislation in Illinios that would require public schools to teach LGBT history.

Are there other examples of how this is promoted in schools?
    There are other examples, as well.

In March, a parent posted on Facebook questions her daughter was asked for a fill-in-the-blank vocabulary quiz.

The a questions included:

“It was difficult for me to [blank] my feeling when I learned that Donald J. Trump had been voted in as our 45th President.”
    “After reading about President Trump’s immigration ban, I did not realize how [blank] the law can be.”
    Another example is parents of students at New Trier High School, which is located in an upscale, mostly-white suburb of Chicago. Parents there were upset about teachings at a seminar on “understanding today’s struggle for racial civil rights.” Some called it a way to force ‘social justice’ issues the school’s 4,000 students. School and district officials defended the seminar as a way to teach current events.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

I think this might be overstepping it a bit. It doesn't teach that Trump is unstable and his supporters are racist; it teaches that SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE that Trump is unstable and his supporters are racist. At least, that's how it looks from here. Because some people really do believe that. They're wrong, but they believe it.

These questions are a little closer to being a problem.

“It was difficult for me to [blank] my feeling when I learned that Donald J. Trump had been voted in as our 45th President.”
    “After reading about President Trump’s immigration ban, I did not realize how [blank] the law can be.”

But fill that first blank with "celebrate" and the second with "powerful" or even "controversial" and you come out ahead on the right side.

Only about 50% bothered to vote.

Of those about half voted for hitlery.

The FUSA has a problem - a REAL problem.

TINVOWOOT ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    I think this might be overstepping it a bit. It doesn't teach that Trump is unstable and his supporters are racist; it teaches that SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE that Trump is unstable and his supporters are racist. At least, that's how it looks from here. Because some people really do believe that. They're wrong, but they believe it.

But fill that first blank with "celebrate" and the second with "powerful" or even "controversial" and you come out ahead on the right side.
    First thing that occurs to me is those questions are a great way to survey the students and find out whose families are Trump supporters. Why, I wonder?

But, the problem becomes an issue when that book becomes a part of the curriculum that is taught and stuffed down all the students throats. There is the trouble, all they get to see is a lopsided veiw and the opinion the Trump was deranged, and that is the only view on the subject the they will receive.
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

It was a vocabulary quiz, and I bet the choices of what to put in the blanks was quite restricted.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

James W. Fraser
    Author

James W. Fraser is a professor of history and education and the chair of the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences in the Professions at New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. An ordained minister of the United Church of Christ, he is the author of By the People: A History of the United States.

Born: November 30, 1944 (age 73 years)
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Only about 50% bothered to vote.

Of those about half voted for hitlery.

The FUSA has a problem - a REAL problem.

TINVOWOOT ...
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

As has been stated numerous times on the board.
    The primary reason, that President Trump gained the POTUS,
    is that the biggest damocrat voting block, the FUSA Africans,
    didn't mount up and move out to the polls, for the Hildabeast.

They have learned from that mistake, and it will not happen
    in the November 2018 midterms.

The government skools are teaching to the future,
    which does not include the White race,
    and therefore anything to do, with why this nation came
    into being, in the first place.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Let me guess, the previous textbooks did NOT teach that many in the country did not believe that Obama was an American citizen that met the Constitutional requirements for President.

I'll bet that it did not teach that the only birth certificate he could come up with was a photoshopped mess? Or that he sealed all his records? Or that his social security number came from a state he had never lived in?

BUELLER? BUELLER?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

The Deep Dirty State is larger than I thought.
    I'm beginning to think of Democrats as Nazis.
    Or more accurately Demon Possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    But, the problem becomes an issue when that book becomes a part of the curriculum that is taught and stuffed down all the students throats. There is the trouble, all they get to see is a lopsided veiw and the opinion the Trump was deranged, and that is the only view on the subject the they will receive.
    "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

— Proverbs 22:6
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Wasn't Betsy DeVos supposed to fix the problems?

Hmmm.......... I think this is a somewhat slanted article, and I don't know if she's in charge of what books the kids read, but it seems she's been pretty quiet lately:

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/campa...ommittees.html
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Bill Ayers, past VP of Curriculumt Studies for the AERA, American Education Research Association. Yes that Bill Ayers. Spent his life working toward the end we are living.

Education is the motor force of revolution....Bill Ayers.

Bill Ayers=Barack Obama=revolution=changing America into a piece of the communist world government.......led by the UN, who's military will always be controlled by a Russian, per it's charter. The end of America as we know it. The fifth column in education should be tried and punished. They've actively worked toward this end. The evidence is vast. They like to put things in writing.