Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Real Gun Nuttery: Dick's To Destroy Unsold Inventory Of "Assault Rifles"
+ Reply to Thread

Real Gun Nuttery: Dick's To Destroy Unsold Inventory Of "Assault Rifles"

h/t to Kenny ...
    ================

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...s/201804060151

Dick's Sporting Goods will destroy assault-style rifles pulled from shelves

Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    sritenbaugh@post-gazette.com
    Apr 9, 2018 11:51 AM

When Dick’s Sporting Goods said it would no longer sell modern sporting rifles at its Field & Stream stores following the Valentine’s Day shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school, one question was what would happen to the unsold firearms in its inventory.

Typically a retailer may return unsold merchandise to the manufacturer. But in this case, Dick’s Sporting Goods has decided to destroy them.

“We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change,” a spokeswoman told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

The so-called assault-style rifles will be destroyed at the company’s distribution centers and the parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled, the Findlay-based retailer added. The company did not say how much merchandise would be included.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh
    The new gun sales policy at Dick's Sporting Goods had backing from the Sisters of Mercy

In addition to the decision on pulling assault-style rifles from its 35 specialty Field & Stream locations, the sporting goods chain said in February that it also would no longer sell high capacity magazines or sell firearms to anyone under 21 years old following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Dick’s is facing two lawsuits over the new age limit on firearm purchases.

This is not the first time that the sporting goods retailer has changed its gun sale policies.

Following the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., the retailer had pulled modern sporting rifles from its namesake stores nationwide. When it later opened its specialty Field & Stream stores, it introduced the modern sporting rifles to its product line there.

The company did not comment on what it did with the firearms it pulled from its Dick’s stores in 2012.

Stephanie Ritenbaugh: sritenbaugh@post-gazette.com; 412-263-4910; Twitter: @StephanieRit
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Their stock holders are got to be happy with that.......sarcasm!

They own them. They can do whatever they want with them. It's not like there are no other AR-pattern rifles in the country.

See what that virtue signaling accomplishes for them. I foresee a real decline in future sales.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

So glad I never shopped there (and never will).

Dick's management are... err... dicks...
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

That'll teach us!

8. Wow what a fitting name for this stupid retailer. "DICKS"

Never shopped there and never will. They can do stupid all day long and it won't bother me.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

The company did not comment on what it did with the firearms it pulled from its Dick’s stores in 2012.
    Perhaps they donated them to Fast and Furious.

I can't see them surviving this lunacy, hard to keep a business afloat these days just selling fishing tackle and over priced jogging socks, not to mention they showed their poitical cards in a nation of hunters and 2nd Amendment supporters. Seems they don't know their core customers well, and assume there are more snowflakes who want to buy politically than there really are.

Lefties are all about the agenda until it comes to their wallets, I don't see them going out of their way to support these morons, unlike the Constitutionalists who go out of their way to buy from folks who have the same ideology, even if it costs them more.

Sayonara Dick.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

Nothing is free. If Dick's is going to destroy merchandise rather than return it to the distributor or manufacturer, it's coming off of their bottom line. This means that they will have to be paid for from elsewhere in their income stream and that means that ultimately, the customers are going to pay for it one way or another through - ultimately - increased prices in their other merchandise. Yet another reason to boycott Dick's unless you support helping to pay them for their anti-gun virtue signaling.

Best regards
    Doc

Yes, they seem to forget that most liberals are not too big on hunting, fishing, camping which makes up about 30% of their floorspace at our local store. Luckily there is a great big new Cabela's just across the street from Dick's. From now on I'll make sure to cross the street to Cabela's if I need something from this type of store.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    Nothing is free. If Dick's is going to destroy merchandise rather than return it to the distributor or manufacturer, it's coming off of their bottom line. This means that they will have to be paid for from elsewhere in their income stream and that means that ultimately, the customers are going to pay for it one way or another through - ultimately - increased prices in their other merchandise. Yet another reason to boycott Dick's unless you support helping to pay them for their anti-gun virtue signaling.

Best regards
    Doc
    You are correct, Dicks prices are already way to rich for my blood.
    In Honor of T/S R.L. Hare (Chief Sly)and the members of 322 BS

Next step: closing their stores.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
    You are correct, Dicks prices are already way to rich for my blood.
    I agree, I never liked Dick's or their sales staff.

They'll probably cheap out by removing the bolt carrier group then chopping straight through the upper and lower receivers in one cut.
    Done carefully, it wouldn't be hard for the salvage place to rebuild with new receivers and quietly sell them somewhere else. It'd be bad PR for them to get caught though.

A little bonus for the mfgr.

They get to sell those guns twice.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

ditto, already paid for. The manufactures can keep on going.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

I'm no longer shopping at Dick's. Only at BassPro and a great local shop.

Because they aren't Dicks.

Dick's is going to turn into the Tennis Shoe, Leotard and Golf Club store if they aren't careful.
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

Hope they cut the barrels and get busted for making sbr's
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Yes they shouldn't be around for much longer..

http://www.businessinsider.com/chapt...ear-ago-2018-4

Quote...
    There were 770 Chapter 11 bankruptcies filed in the US in March.
    Corporate bankruptcies are now at the highest level since April 2011.
    It's not just brick and mortar businesses that are hurting..

Hopefully dickheads will all be replaced with Atwoods.

It is six months after teotwawki.

The executives that ran Dicks sporting goods in turn regretted not having any of those weapons they destroyed as hordes of looters came and plundered their estates, raped their women and killed everyone.
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

The should note that federal law has declared only the lowers are "EBR"s the "green" thing to do is up-cycle the barrels, grips and inert components to safe & PC single shots for battered women and LEOs.

This virtue signaling hurts their shareholders in more ways than one. I expect an exodus.
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

Maybe they can stand up for the rights of fish and destroy all their fishing tackle as well. If you'r gonna be a trend setter, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I'm no longer shopping at Dick's. Only at BassPro and a great local shop.

Because they aren't Dicks.

Dick's is going to turn into the Tennis Shoe, Leotard and Golf Club store if they aren't careful.

Ya know what?

We have a new Dicks store about 20 miles from me and I will be in the area next week....

Think I will fill a cart with all sorts of little things from all over the store and head for the check out.... when I get there I will ask "Hey where is your ammo?"

When they tell me 'We don't carry that any more'' I'll tell them "Thats Right, you are Dicks!" and then walk out leaving a cart full of goodies for them to restock....

Add a little Fun to the boycott!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    Their stock holders are got to be happy with that.......sarcasm!
    Probably be a good time to take a big short position on " Dicks ". I predict their stock value is going to shrink !!

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    It is six months after teotwawki.

The executives that ran Dicks sporting goods in turn regretted not having any of those weapons they destroyed as hordes of looters came and plundered their estates, raped their women and killed everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    Next step: closing their stores.
    Let's hope it happens SOON!!!!
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz