Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS HS girl says she was told to put Band-Aids on her breasts because of protruding nipples
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HS girl says she was told to put Band-Aids on her breasts because of protruding nipples

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=spartanntp

Officials at a high school in Florida reportedly pulled a teenage girl out of class last week after a teacher claimed her nipples were distracting male students.
    Student Lizzy Martinez said she recently went to school bra-less because she had a sunburn.

Martinez, 17, told Yahoo Lifestyle that she "didn't think anything of it" when she decided not to wear a bra to school on April 2. According to the student, she was recovering from a sunburn and did not want her shoulders to be further irritated by bra straps. Instead, Martinez, a junior at Braden River High School in Bradenton, Florida, opted for a gray long-sleeve shirt that day.

But before the school day was over, she was reportedly pulled out of her fifth-period class and sent to the dean's office.

According to BuzzFeed News, which spoke to Martinez as well as school officials, the dean told Martinez that one of her teachers was concerned that her breasts and nipples were "distracting" male students after hearing a boy laugh at her and tell his friends that she wasn't wearing a bra.

The dean then instructed Martinez to put on a second shirt, stand up, and "jump around" to "see how much [her] breasts moved," the student told BuzzFeed News. After that, Martinez said she was taken to the nurse's office and asked to cover up each of her nipples with two Band-Aids.

Martinez later took to Twitter to speak out about the incident. "I decided not to wear a bra today and got pulled out of class [because] one of my teachers complained that it was a 'distraction to boys in my class,'" she tweeted on April 2. "My school basically told me that boys' education is far more important than mine and I should be ashamed of my body."

remainder of article at link....................
    Last edited by Dennis Olson; 04-16-2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fixed up title a bit
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Sharia teachers?

Well, you know the feminists will be all over this one, but the worst of it is, this time they have a point. This is wrong on all sides.

Frankly, if there's one thing boys need to learn--and I base this in part on my own experiences as a boy--it's how to work around the distraction of attractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Well, you know the feminists will be all over this one, but the worst of it is, this time they have a point. This is wrong on all sides.

Frankly, if there's one thing boys need to learn--and I base this in part on my own experiences as a boy--it's how to work around the distraction of attractive women.
    HA! I see what you did there.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

This happened to me where I worked, LONG after high school. Horrible sunburn on my back. I wore an oversized shirt with a tiny busy print and it was knotted at my waist, making even lots more blousy wrinkles. It still didn't take long for my lack of bra to be noticed. I doubt even a fleece-lined parka would have worked. Guys don't miss a thing!

Is this really 'soft' news???

Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

The threats to boys everywhere, for inspection:

Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

If the above is her, I have more of an issue with the Spandex crotch, than the nipples.
    No mention of too much skin, or sheer fabric, and pokey nipples aren't a health hazard.
    Yes, she should have thrown an old over-sized flannel men's shirt over the knit.
    Nevertheless, the way I see it, the teasing boys were enough of a lesson; the school was foolish and out of bounds to get involved.

How sophomoric of the boys.....no wait. That was an adolescent age appropriate sophomoric reaction from a bunch of immature "BOYS". God boys are soooooo stupid at that age and unfortunately many of them never do grow up. They just become sophomoric men....and I use the term "men" very very loosely.

I so hated high school, and I was a guy and hated it!! I have no idea how girls dealt with all the stupid leering male adolescent B.S.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

I'd have run through traffic without looking when I was in that age where girls started to fascinate me to get a peek at something like that...............

Ladies you have no idea what craziness hormones drive males to when they kick in.............and don't you guys remember those days?

I grew up a time when girls started burning their bras on college campuses during my high school years...............and so the style and trend was for the girls in high school not to wear bras either.....

It was the prime factor in my poor grade performance.........lol!

Female comment follows:

If you are going to go without a bra,
    put on a loose print shirt and don't jump around.

There are some women who like to arouse men
    just to see them squirm. People like Stormy Daniels.
    They are despicable.

Often these women get raped or the guy she aroused
    will go rape someone else.

Her statement: "My school basically told me that boys' education
    is far more important than mine and I should be ashamed of my body."
    Is a lie.

By the way, this girl is too stupid to come out of the sun
    before she gets sunburned.

The only thing more distracting than pokies is perky pokies.

Except puffies ...

And she is obviously not a member of the IBTC... but, she's a junior after all. Time for her to be growing up.

Still a tempest in a teacup ... or a B/C cup as the case might be
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    I'd have run through traffic without looking when I was in that age where girls started to fascinate me to get a peek at something like that...............

Ladies you have no idea what craziness hormones drive males to when they kick in.............and don't you guys remember those days?

I grew up a time when girls started burning their bras on college campuses during my high school years...............and so the style and trend was for the girls in high school not to wear bras either.....

It was the prime factor in my poor grade performance.........lol!
    It's true. And there's no malice meant in it, either. It's just a reaction to a sight boys don't get to see very often.

Ladies, if you're watching television one night, and a unicorn bursts out of a hole in the floor and asks directions downtown before jumping out the window, don't dare tell me you know how the show turned out. Because you were staring at that unicorn. Don't deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    Female comment follows:

If you are going to go without a bra,
    put on a loose print shirt and don't jump around.

There are some women who like to arouse men
    just to see them squirm. People like Stormy Daniels.
    They are despicable.

Often these women get raped or the guy she aroused
    will go rape someone else.

Her statement: "My school basically told me that boys' education
    is far more important than mine and I should be ashamed of my body."
    Is a lie.

By the way, this girl is too stupid to come out of the sun
    before she gets sunburned.
    BULL SHIT, the boys who stared at her and invated her space should be on suspension period, it is her wright to wear or not wear a bra and it is the boys duty to not staire or make comments.
    What the f..k is wrong with this country and the people in it.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

The school must have had the air conditioning turned way down that day and it was cold in the classrooms.

So you f...s are telling me that girls/women should be walking around dressed like the amish/muzzie women, come on what a bunch of hiprocates.

Where is the boys/mens responiblety to not stair and make lewed comments.

Are you people for real.
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

Well........ she should have worn a baggier shirt, but probably didn't think about it.

Back in my day, by cracky, we had to wear a bra every day and they were those pointy ones that they sold then. Ugh.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

It's true. And there's no malice meant in it, either. It's just a reaction to a sight boys don't get to see very often.

Ladies, if you're watching television one night, and a unicorn bursts out of a hole in the floor and asks directions downtown before jumping out the window, don't dare tell me you know how the show turned out. Because you were staring at that unicorn. Don't deny it.
    LOL!!! Now I'm gonna be looking for a unicorn all day
    Attached Images
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Going to agree with Faroe on this. Skin-tight spandex yoga pants, no doubt with a tiny little thong underneath, and braless. Now, I can understand her wanting to go braless after a sunburn, but the shirt looks "floppy" enough to me. Now as to the boys actions, commenting is beyond the pale, particularly if she can hear the comments, but the staring is perfectly fine. Anyone who goes out in public, regardless of what they wear, is fair game to be looked/stared at. Free country and all that. It's not like someone is recording an upskirt video of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Going to agree with Faroe on this. Skin-tight spandex yoga pants, no doubt with a tiny little thong underneath, and braless. Now, I can understand her wanting to go braless after a sunburn, but the shirt looks "floppy" enough to me. Now as to the boys actions, commenting is beyond the pale, particularly if she can hear the comments, but the staring is perfectly fine. Anyone who goes out in public, regardless of what they wear, is fair game to be looked/stared at. Free country and all that. It's not like someone is recording an upskirt video of her.
    I agree to a point[ ha ha pun intended], look at them and see them and say to your self wow look at that but to stair and make comments is just wrong IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    The school must have had the air conditioning turned way down that day and it was cold in the classrooms.
    Jeep....

You beat me to it.

I never was a tit man... but I did hit a Buick Riviera rear end while looking at a female rear end on the sidewalk near the intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Well........ she should have worn a baggier shirt, but probably didn't think about it.

Back in my day, by cracky, we had to wear a bra every day and they were those pointy ones that they sold then. Ugh.

Those bras look like armor. Fashion for women who knew their power, and their limits. The bras and shapewear are still made for those who like vintage and retro. Fifties/early sixties isn't my era, but it looks great on today's women who can pull it off. Actually, I think one of those bras under a fitted vintage sweater (even a twin-set, and don't forget the pearls) and a full skirt would be WAY more distracting than the sloppy t-shirt, and then, what the Hell would the stupid authorities at that worthless school have to say about it?

The school put itself in a corner with this one. Not all bras are padded, and the light weight ones will still show a nipple in a freezing air-conditioned room. So, are they going to write explicit policy on banning erect nipples?
    Last edited by Faroe; 04-16-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Barney Frank looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his blue shirt before Congress. Very very disrespectful. - DJT.
    There is a certain amount of decorum expected of either males or females. I think back in the day, parents would have told their kids - particularly daughters - that something was inappropriate for school and make them go change before heading out to school.

I'm not a huge fan of uniforms, but, it does cut way down on these types of discussions.

Regarding a bra-less girl walking around high school, you can certainly expect the boys to take notice. The fact that she's snapping and posting pictures of it tells me she's doing it for attention. Maybe it didn't start out that way, but, to have a national audience now it a high-schooler's dream.

If the discussion had come up in our house, I can guarantee you my wife would have made sure daughter was wearing something over top the shirt to further cover things up, so, it wouldn't have been a school issue at all.

Mattbert

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    BULL SHIT, the boys who stared at her and invated her space should be on suspension period, it is her wright to wear or not wear a bra and it is the boys duty to not staire or make comments.
    Doesn’t she have a safe space on campus?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Is this satire? You're going to suspend a teenage boy for looking at a teenage girl? Seriously? You've never looked at the opposite sex? And if you have you 'invaded their space'. Should you be arrested for assault?

Dude.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    Uphold the 2nd
    Molon Labe

It’s events like that which prompted me to get a DVR, just hate missing important parts of the show.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Doesn’t she have a safe space on campus?
    Would that be called a erect nipple safe room.

Ha HA

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    Is this satire? You're going to suspend a teenage boy for looking at a teenage girl? Seriously? You've never looked at the opposite sex? And if you have you 'invaded their space'. Should you be arrested for assault?

Dude.
    Come on looking is fine I love erect nipples but I don't stair and I don't make lewed comments, you see the difference there.

When you stair and make lewed comments that is when it is invading her space.

Looking is fine but when you stair and make lewed comments that's when it becomes wrong.

Am I the only one who thinks this way.

Staring is also allowed. Groping or catcalling is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    This happened to me where I worked, LONG after high school. Horrible sunburn on my back. I wore an oversized shirt with a tiny busy print and it was knotted at my waist, making even lots more blousy wrinkles. It still didn't take long for my lack of bra to be noticed. I doubt even a fleece-lined parka would have worked. Guys don't miss a thing!
    No we don't....

Any administrator who told my Daughters to "Jump Around" to see if he boobs were showing in *ANY DAMN MANNER* would have at least had multiple complaints filed.

And really, band-aids? Was the administrator getting her ready for the Stripper Class? Was (hopefully a female Dean) going to make her walk around with no shirt and band-aids to teach her a lesson?

That administrator needs to be FIRED -RIGHT NOW!

C'mon -- if it were that bad, why didn't they just call her mom to come pick her up, which I believe they did, after putting this kid through teen-girl-embarrassment HELL.
    Ezra 9:3
    "When I heard this, I tore my tunic and cloak, pulled hair from my head and beard and sat down appalled"

Staring is also allowed. Groping or catcalling is not.
    Cool so you see my point.

Quote Originally Posted by robb1313 View Post
    Any administrator who told my Daughters to "Jump Around" to see if he boobs were showing in *ANY DAMN MANNER* would have at least had multiple complaints filed.

And really, band-aids? Was the administrator getting her ready for the Stripper Class? Was (hopefully a female Dean) going to make her walk around with no shirt and band-aids to teach her a lesson?

C'mon -- if it were that bad, why didn't they just call her mom to come pick her up, which I believe they did, after putting this kid through teen-girl-embarrassment HELL.
    Thank you I see you get my point, I'm glad their are others who no how things should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowlabz View Post
    LOL!!! Now I'm gonna be looking for a unicorn all day
    As a former high school boy, I can assure you that this is, roughly, equivalent to the sight of girl nipple at school.

No it is their duty not to make comments. The staring is acceptable as we are still a free society (though it is rude). Invading her space? Did they touch her or bump her or slide up to her, then yes. Being in a near location is not. This is the crap we have to watch out for.

As far as what she wore, who cares. Not our business nor the school's business. But there are consequences for our actions. You are arguing that she should not experience the consequences of her decisions. That is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by robb1313 View Post

Yes and she should have told him to go the he**.

Cool so you see my point.
    Partly. You say staring is not allowed. It is.

. It's not like someone is recording an upskirt video of her.
    That seems to be more favorable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    No it is their duty not to make comments. The staring is acceptable as we are still a free society (though it is rude). Invading her space? Did they touch her or bump her or slide up to her, then yes. Being in a near location is not. This is the crap we have to watch out for.

As far as what she wore, who cares. Not our business nor the school's business. But there are consequences for our actions. You are arguing that she should not experience the consequences of her decisions. That is a problem.

Why should she have to face conseguences because of some rude boys who were not taught how to act wright in publice by their parents.

The issue is GOOD MANNERS on both sides. Suspend boys for looking...that's lame and unrealistic. Staring is one thing, gawking is another and comments meant to be heard is down right rude. But boys (men) are going to look and to think otherwise it totally unrealistic. Guys look, Girls look, are we going to gouge out eyes for looking? Stupid!

As for her shirt. Looked appropriate to me from that picture. People anatomy is ANATOMY!! Women have breasts and breasts have nipples. Hell guys have nipples and we allow them to go topless without thinking one thing about it.

Time to grow up and accept reality. GOD made us beautiful, sexy and overall AWESOME. WOW - we attract each other! Imagine that? Accept it. Deal with it. Be respectful. Show good manners, but accept the fact that we ARE SEXUAL CREATURES and especially at that age not totally in control of ourselves due to hormonal overload and an immature brain (which some never grow out of).

That's were proper etiquette, good manners and training come into play. Don't expect people to act like Gentlemen and Ladies if they were never expected to or trained to act like one. That's called parenting 101.

But punishing someone for acting their age and immaturity....that's just stupid...and a waste of time. What they had there was a teaching opportunity totally missed by both sides of the equation.

If you're going to run around bra less, enjoy the freedom and expect to be looked at. If you see someone running around bra less, enjoy the view but don't be blatant about it and act all stupid. There....how hard was that?

As for the staff at that school.....this isn't Plymouth Rock and you're not Puritans.....and even Puritans weren't pure. The school totally missed the mark and probably made the issue even worse by making a big deal out of it. Geeeeez, grow up!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.