Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Canada: Parents may face charges after hogtying 'predator' they say wanted sex with their 13 yo daughter
+ Reply to Thread

15 Canada: Parents may face charges after hogtying 'predator' they say wanted sex with their 13 yo daughter

Parents may face charges after hogtying 'predator' they say wanted sex with their 13-year-old daughter: reports
    Fox News
    5-7 minutes

A Canadian couple may face charges after live-streaming their home-brewed sting operation Thursday against a man they called a "predator" looking to have sex with their 13-year-old daughter.

The supposed suitor, an unidentified 28-year-old man, has not been charged for showing up to the parents' home in Port Alberti, British Columbia, CTV reported.

The girl's mother reportedly invited the man to her home after intercepting sexually explicit messages she says the man had sent her daughter via Instagram.

Dramatic footage taken from the house shows the hogtied man writhing on the floor as a woman berates him. (WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE CONTENT)

"He wanted to be her first," says the person videotaping the incident, which was broadcast on Facebook Live. "We f***ing tackled him and zap strapped him and called the police."

Then, after police arrive a short time later, the woman announces on the video: "I'm arrested because we caught a predator the police refused to catch."

The teen girl's mother, who is also not being identified to protect the identity of the minor, told CTV in an interview that she had alerted the police more than a month before the episode -- but got no real response.

"They wouldn't even look at my phone. They just said to block him and forget it," she claimed. "I've been waiting for six weeks for the police to give me a name behind the Instagram account."

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), the country's federal law enforcement body, disputed that account. According to authorities, the man in the video was in fact under investigation for child solicitation since March, after the mother brought the matter to their attention.

"The police had directed her not to take matters into her own hands, that we were investigating it," an RCMP spokesman told CTV. "She was directed not to make the meet happen."

For their part, the parents of the daughter are sticking to their guns. They are reportedly under investigation and facing potential charges for assault and unlawful restraint.

"Shouldn't a guy be able to protect his own family in his house?" the father told The San Francisco Chronicle. "This is ridiculous, and I felt that was the best way to do it."

Added the mother: "If I get charged, I still feel it was the right thing."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04...r-reports.html

They recorded the events AND involved authorities.

Let this be a lesson.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

SSS
    "Be Prepared" - Boy Scouts Motto
    "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." - Jesus Christ, Mk 13:37
    "Don't worry, be happy" - Bobby Mcferrin
    "Take a chill pill" - Mongo

The girl's mother reportedly invited the man to her home
    "Shouldn't a guy be able to protect his own family in his house?" the father told The San Francisco Chronicle. "This is ridiculous, and I felt that was the best way to do it."
    Nope. You invited the guy into your home, ambushed him, video taped it, and put it on Facebook. If you had quietly, anonymously whipped his ass (or whatever else) and kept your mouth shut, you wouldn't be in this situation. Freaking morons that want to be Facebook famous do the dumbest things.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Nevermind.

Didn't read the whole thing before putting foot in mouth.

See Summerthyme's post below....
    Last edited by night driver; 04-16-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

Athens, Tenn.
    Remember WHY?

Port Alberni isn't really a hog town.......
    True North Strong and Free

At the point they invited him in, they became complicit in anything that happened to their daughter. They should have blocked him after reporting him, talked with their daughter and begun supervising internet access, and taken measures to ensure her safety when she was out in public until they were sure he would not physically come after her.

Or SSS.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    "They wouldn't even look at my phone. They just said to block him and forget it," she claimed. "I've been waiting for six weeks for the police to give me a name behind the Instagram account."

Kinda makes me wonder who the CMP are trying to protect.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post

SOP = Standard Operating Procedures - all over the civilized world for police operations ... cross your mind that the mother is either lying or just looking for an excuse for her behavior - the coppers obviously DID look at her phone ....

part of investing is whether the guy with the phone account is the ACTUAL perp - they tell this crazed mother his name and she guns down the wrong guy - all kinds of electronic theft and catfishing going on ...
    Illini Warrior

The worst way to hurt guv is say "We don't need you".
    The second worse way is to do MOST of their job and then expect them to follow up for the rest.

"Any person that gives government much thought or scrutiny will learn to loathe government"
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    The worst way to hurt guv is say "We don't need you".
    The second worse way is to do MOST of their job and then expect them to follow up for the rest.

"Any person that gives government much thought or scrutiny will learn to loathe government"
    Have to agree with this. If you take the law into your own hands, don't ask the police to finish the job in your favor.
    SSS might have had a better outcome.

S.S.S.

Hog food.......Problem Solved.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

SSS squared.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post

He wouldn't have been there had they not invited him.

Have to side with the CMP on this one. It was stupid to invite the guy to their home.
    Facts?? We don't need no stinkin facts...

What a wonderful progressive society. Be sure to vote Trudeau in the next election.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

Stupid move by the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayku View Post
    Have to side with the CMP on this one. It was stupid to invite the guy to their home.
    Yep... now, if they had monitored the minor daughter's communications and SHE had invited him (even if they'd, um... pretended.. they were going out for the evening, and then -after driving off- parked the car a couple of blocks over and returned on foot to hide near the house until the creep showed up) they might have had a bit more legal standing.

As it is, their "invitation" made him a legally invited guest in their home, and subsequent events constituted assault and kidnapping. They had the best of intentions, I'm sure (and it sounds like a 13 year old daughter who was feeling her oats and out of their control), but they sure didn't think this one through.

Then again, if the cops had done a better job of communicating that they WERE actively investigating the creep, the whole mess might have been avoided.

Summerthyme

Agreed. They were responsible in this case. In effect, it was entrapment. And they were stupid enough to want to be "Facebook Famous" (I love that, and am going to use it). They should be tried, sentenced and imprisoned for gross stupidity, eh...?

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    They recorded the events AND involved authorities.

Let this be a lesson.
    SSS
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

I don't think this is entrapment - the mother was posing as the daughter.......don't the police do this all the time to catch a bad guy?

If the mother thought that the daughter might invite him over when the parents weren't home, she did it proactively so she could "meet" him. Catching someone for solicitation of a minor should not be a crime by the parent.

What's to investigate? Man's phone number was on phone.
    Cross Reference it. Police should have called that number and
    said "Some at this number called a 13 year old girl for sex, was it you?"
    "You know that's illegal, right?"
    That would have scared the shit out of the man.

Laurane, the legal standard for law enforcement vs. "TV entertainment" (To Catch a Predator) is quite a bit more stringent. Sure they pose as youth, but the alleged perp has to initiate the action that will get him busted. He has to say or do something that puts his intent "beyond a reasonable doubt." Somehow, I don't think these parents did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtshooter View Post
    Nope. You invited the guy into your home, ambushed him, video taped it, and put it on Facebook. If you had quietly, anonymously whipped his ass (or whatever else) and kept your mouth shut, you wouldn't be in this situation. Freaking morons that want to be Facebook famous do the dumbest things.
    yep. they coulda invited him over and beat the shyt outta him

drop him off outta town

whats he gonna do? call cops

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post
    yep. they coulda invited him over and beat the shyt outta him

drop him off outta town

whats he gonna do? call cops
    Maybe do a little elective surgery, a lopitoffdectomy, then drop him in some concrete slippers for a little swim.

lopitoffdectomy,
    i'm not familiar with that term. Is that a neologism?
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

S S S
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Seemed legit to me.....up to the point the mother got in trouble. Should of gotten a reward for catching a child molester.

the alleged perp has to initiate the action
    When he contacted the teen and said he wanted to meet, doesn't that meet the criteria of illegal contact being arranged? If I knew this was happening to my teen, I would think of something to do to ward off a possible meeting.

I wouldn't film it an put it on a public site though......nobody would know what I had done.

No. He has to be in a position to make (theoretical) physical contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    SSS
    What I came here to post...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    SSS
    Exactly !!!